Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.9

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Room with about 20 other people, fill out interview form and how you heard about the interview. Then you move onto a panel interview with current managers and a couple other interviewees. Trying to get a feel for your personality and how you interact w/ others.

Interview Questions

• Talk about something you are most proud of and why it's so meaningful.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Boca Raton, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted 5-6 weeks later for a group interview.

You start watching some videos about the company, the stores, the different retail positions and at the end of each video some questions are asked about them like what do think about apple, why it's different, what do you feel when you go inside a store etc... General questions and people voluntarily answer them.
    After that (20-30 min) your are randomly put around a table and a store manager or leader ask several personality questions and each of us must answer. I don't think there is a trap but they just want to see how you would feel around customers and how you would react in a difficult situation for exemple.
    At the end there is Q&A but they don't answer any corporate questions like salary or new products...

One important thing: at the beginning they made it pretty clear that when you fill the form for your availabilities they will look for people who can work principally on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays when the stores are packed.

Interview Questions

• If you could be the best at something what would it be?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with someone you didn't like and how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you put more efforts than others to achieve something   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Group hiring event. About 35 people in the Apple store before opening. One of the Managers went through the Apple philosophy. Asked the group questions about the video he showed us. We split into smaller groups and were asked a few open questions. I seemed to answer questions well but i was not chosen for the next interview. The others in my group were nice and did not seem anymore "qualified" or enthusiastic than me. I think my issue is i'm a little too critical for this job. For over 20 years I've owned most of Apple's products but I don't wave their flag. There were candidates that absolutely would take a bullet to get the next product Apple released. To me, Apple just makes tools I use. Overall a positive experience and a easy interview for someone who loves Apple and is outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. What did you do when confronting a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

This was a very intensive interview. It included multiple interviews. It started with a large group interview - the hiring event, I guess you could say. From there, those chosen go on to interview with each of the several manager, then the store leader and region manager.

Honestly, I'm not sure that they pay a lot of attention to if you know their products - you will by the end of training, I promise you. I think they care more about your personality. They spend a lot of the interviews getting to know you individually. Aside from that first group interview, I enjoyed the process, although it seemed to go on forever!

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Have been applying for years and finally got a call. Interview was about 45 min and they really just want to see what kind of person you are. They want outgoing and friendly. Sales or tech knowledge means nothing only people skills.

Interview Questions

• Please give me a time when you took a bad situation and made it great.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a nightmare to say the least. The interview lasted four hours. I was asked to attend an open interview at a hotel conference room. Out of 30 people, I was the only woman there. 29 men including the hiring team. All the questions they asked were group based. After finishing the questions which most had nothing to do with the job, they announced this position was for their new store. This new Apple Store was about two hours from where I was currently living. On my job application I said I only wanted to work in the store that was less than 5 miles from me.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received call from area Hiring manager. Interviewed with store managers. Turned down for employment. Interviewers seemed tense and tentative in their approach. Appeared as if they were going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected -- just the usual canned interview.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Very basic. Went to a coffee shop and interviewed there. After first interview, I was called back for a second and was offered the job however I had to decline.

Interview Questions

Can't make apps and also work at apple.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

1st was a phone interview - making sure you're still interested in the job, 2nd is group interview to weed out the unqualified, 3rd interview is a 3-person interview.4th is a 1:1 interview basically offering the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview process was very long and drawn out. Numerous "group interviews" and round table style outings. Many of the same questions are asked by the leadership implying that they either aren't in touch with each other or are seeking different answers each time. They staff is friendly, upbeat, and into Apple. You must demonstrate 100% commitment to the Apple mindset. It is kind of off putting, the whole brainwashed drone mentality. It works, but it's weird and tiresome.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? I got asked this every interview. The more they asked the more I started to wonder, indeed, why Apple?   1 Answer