Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.8

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Have been applying for years and finally got a call. Interview was about 45 min and they really just want to see what kind of person you are. They want outgoing and friendly. Sales or tech knowledge means nothing only people skills.

Interview Questions
  • Please give me a time when you took a bad situation and made it great.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Received call from area Hiring manager. Interviewed with store managers. Turned down for employment. Interviewers seemed tense and tentative in their approach. Appeared as if they were going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected -- just the usual canned interview.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

Very basic. Went to a coffee shop and interviewed there. After first interview, I was called back for a second and was offered the job however I had to decline.

Interview Questions

Can't make apps and also work at apple.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The interview process was very long and drawn out. Numerous "group interviews" and round table style outings. Many of the same questions are asked by the leadership implying that they either aren't in touch with each other or are seeking different answers each time. They staff is friendly, upbeat, and into Apple. You must demonstrate 100% commitment to the Apple mindset. It is kind of off putting, the whole brainwashed drone mentality. It works, but it's weird and tiresome.

Interview Questions
    • Why Apple? I got asked this every interview. The more they asked the more I started to wonder, indeed, why Apple?   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

It helps to know someone. Group interview where they give you scenarios and you demonstrate how you would handle it. Panel interview with store managers in a group. Then interview with Store Leader.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

I went into an Apple store to get a replacement iPhone. I end up persuading a customer to purchase a $100 case and she went and told one of the Apple reps. They come to me get my email and send me a link to upload my resume(April/23). I get a call from the hiring manager and he tells me he would like to set me up with an interview on the following Tuesday. The interview goes well, I leave with so much excitement built up. Later on that day, I get another phone call from the same manager asking me to come in again the next tuesday and an email to update my employee profile. So the following tuesday is my 2nd interview, really fun and laid back. I enjoyed the talk and the person! After that interview, I leave thinking that I would have gotten told something, but no. Later that day I get an email to perform a background check, and another call to setup my last interview on the upcoming Thursday. This meeting was with the store lead and market manager, two awesome guys. I enjoyed the fellowship with them. After this final interview I go home and wait.......... all weekend and finally get a call on Tuesday 5/21 with my offer. I was so excited. Apple is such a great company and I can't wait to get started. And this was all typed up on my iPhone, btw. ;)

Interview Questions
    • A time where I had to openly confront someone or a situation in a workplace, and how did I handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just what I was anticipating. God is so good!

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

apply for the job on apple.com. got a phone interview after two week, and got an in-person interview next couple days. then got hired within a week.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. my hourly salary was determined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

The interview at the Briargate shops, in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
    I received an interview in February after submitting my resume and application 4 months prior.
    The store manager at the time would not tell me the position that I was a candidate for over the phone, but did say that it is for full-time and part-time. There wasn't much of a phone interview, but we agreed on a time for the interview and went into the store to meet. I interviewed with another potential hire at the same time.
    The interview took place at one of the tables out in the main sales area, which made it very comfortable and informal.
    Jerry, the manager, asked questions about past work and personal experience.

1) Tell me about yourself.
    2) Tell about a difficult situation that you over came.
    3) Tell about a time that you reached out for help but never received it.
    4) What is your past customer service experience?
    5) Why do you want to work at Apple?

There were very little questions concerning Apple technology or products. The interview went for about 35 minutes.
    I did not receive the job, but was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • The interview covered the usual questions that arise during an interview.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

I have heard many things about the hiring process for Apple, but one varied from all of those stories. I was referred by another employee, and was contacted about 6 months later. The wait definitely made me nervous, but after the first interview ( a small group) I felt as if I had been invited in to a great opportunity. There was a lot of interviews to go through, 4 or 5 in total I think, but every time I met with someone different, and never felt like I was being strung along. In fact, I loved every interview, and definitely gained some great interview skills by the end. The process was transparent, and never misleading. Mostly it was very casual conversation, and I had a lot of fun and felt I was able to relax without having to brown nose or lie through my teeth. I was open, honest, and relaxed, and I got the same vibe from my future employers.

Interview Questions
    • There were several questions that require you to reflect and openly share past experiences. Those can be tough because you have to stay on topic and try not to just drone on forever!!!   Answer Question
    I set my expectations in the beginning of the process, they were met above and beyond.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Three interviews. One group, One one-on-one, One two-on-one

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest experience you have ever had to overcome personally?   View Answer