Apple Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Cleveland, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Apple sends an email telling you the date and times for interviews. I accepted and did not know that when i got to the hotel, there were 50 other potential hires. The herd you in like cattle. Then they act like live actors, screaming in excitement. Each manager from the area stores stand up around the room and tell you their job title. Then they tell you you have to pair up in groups(total strangers) and provide a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell an apple product   1 Answer
  • why would you want to work for apple?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a nightmare to say the least. The interview lasted four hours. I was asked to attend an open interview at a hotel conference room. Out of 30 people, I was the only woman there. 29 men including the hiring team. All the questions they asked were group based. After finishing the questions which most had nothing to do with the job, they announced this position was for their new store. This new Apple Store was about two hours from where I was currently living. On my job application I said I only wanted to work in the store that was less than 5 miles from me.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Reno, NV) in December 2010.

Interview

Apple was at a local career fair. I left my resume with them and they called me back. There was an initial large group interview. We broke into smaller groups and did some presenting. I got a call back after that and had a one on three interview with three managers. Just show that you're outgoing, can listen, and can answer questions with fluidity.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about activities that I did on my own for fun. They wanted a unique individual to represent them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - base pay per hour.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in June 2011.

Interview

Started online then got a email to go to a group meeting. It was pretty chill watched a presentation on how sweet Apple is. Introduced a person to the group and talked about our positive and negative costumer service experiences. They then asked for resumes and anything else you wanted them to look at. About 4 days later got a second interview with was a interview with one other person. It was more questions and explaining what we thought of the company and what would be expected. Again it was pretty chill the to people were super relaxed and funny. I think they just want to people that are fanatical about Apple. Like I have the products but I would say I am far from an expert. I think that came through in the end. But it was a really positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your best customer service experience.   1 Answer
    • What was your worst?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in December 2011.

Interview

i received an email saying i was invited to the hiring seminar so i went to it, it consisted of 30 people...it was outgoing you have to talk,..if you don't talk you won't get to the second round..i sat in the front and when they asked who wanted to introduce themselves first i opted to go first to stand out...i had to say my name and an interesting career and favorite cereal...you had to laugh so they know you have somewhat of a personality then they showed us how the company changed throughout the first apple store ever opened and then how they are customer driven and what not..and then they broke it up into smaller groups passed around an iPod twice that had questions to choose from...after we finished i got a call back to go to the store and i met one manager who was really excited and said that she's looking forward to possible employment and wished me luck then i interviewed with 2 of the managers because the store leader was busy and they seemed like they weren't interested since we said hello..we talked did my best they told me someone is going to call me back to talk to the other managers (because your suppose to meet all managers before being hired) and never got that call or an email

Interview Questions

• describe a time you learned something on the go while helping a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Called after I sent in an application.
    1. Large Group Activities Session: learn all about company, get excited about Apple products, come up with a good sales package/pitch for a fictional customer AS A GROUP. I personally was frustrated by the mental calibur of my teammates, and did not think their imput was positive; but i can understand the reasoning for this exercise and i did my best.
    2. First One on One Interview: Asked me a lot of questions about how I dealt with technology and/or applications in my daily life, how I went about solving problems or informing myself about a computer program at home. The atmosphere almost too relaxed and casual. It was important here to remain as professional as possible and really try and gloat to sell yourself. Keep the conversation focused on your acheivements, not on the weather.
    3. Second One on One Interview: did not make it this far, lol.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

3 part hiring process. The first was a group interview with about 10 attendees. I took the lead on some responses and held back and let other people answer. I made sure to ALWAYS have an answer prepared just in case I was called upon. Second interview was almost 4 weeks later and it was a one on one. Asked the usual interview questions. Nothing that actually stands out. My third interview was with two store managers. Excellent, fun conversation. I was told to expect to hear something back the following week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Basically, you are in sent to the 14th st location for a pre-interview. If that goes well they call you to their 5th ave store for a group panel interview. You are sent to a basement and then bombarded by a group of Apple employers, almost as if you were in an interrogation room. They ask you a bunch of question which are typical for custom service. Nothing different from anyone else's experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you remember the last time you helped someone and they became a returning customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

1st was a phone interview - making sure you're still interested in the job, 2nd is group interview to weed out the unqualified, 3rd interview is a 3-person interview.4th is a 1:1 interview basically offering the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

It's almost impossible to get hired on directly through Apple. You apply through a contractor like "Volt" and if you do really well Apple will offer you a full time position. You will go through several interviews. You have to have experience with customer service and have great communications skills

Interview Questions

• If your savvy with technology   1 Answer