Apple Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.8

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was recommended by an employee. I went to a general hiring event at a hotel. It was a two-hour, multiple-sessions affair, about 40 people present, 8 interviewers. It wasn't easy, mostly because of the circumstances --striving to make a solid impression on the interviewers-- but it was very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a disappointing outcome during an interaction with a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One more meeting with a regional Manager and a store manager. It was very pleasant. - The background check took the longest, because the Courts had additional closed days, due to budget cuts.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Several stages of phone interviews, first with recruiter and then with engineering director. Apple had to reschedule the phone interviews a number of times due to Apple Team's last minute meetings and trips.

Interview Questions

• What is the most technical aspect of your current job?   1 Answer

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I received an email about the opportunity to work as an Apple Care at Home Advisor since the seemed to be interested in my profile. The email suggested to complete the online application if I was interested in the position. After completing the online application I had a phone interview.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received an invite to a hiring seminar within 2 weeks. Seminar consisted of 40 potential employees with a dozen staff from 2 different stores. Short introductory video about Apple followed by a period where you paired up and you introduced your partner. Next we broke up into small groups and had a short Q&A session.

Received a call the next day from a manager from one of the stores and said that I would moving on in the process and would receive a call for an interview within a week. A week later received a call from a different manager and had a 30 min long phone interview.

Received another email from the first manager saying that I was invited to an interview with the Store Leader the following week. Small group interview w/ 4 people followed.

Got invited to an interview with the Market Leader the following week, which was the last interview, again with 4 people. Received a call 1 week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time where you made a split decision and it was the wrong decision. How did that affect the way you went about future situations in the future.   Answer Question

ASLP Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted via e-mail in response to my application. I was then invited to do an online video seminar. After that I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was then contacted to go to a hiring event in San Francisco. Apple paid for travel expenses and per diem. We signed a non-disclousre agreement, participated in a store tour. We were then split off into groups and gave 2 group presentations. After that we had two interviews in the same room as a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were given negative feedback and how did you respond or react to remedy this.   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple (San Ramon, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through about four interviews. I started off by actually coming into the store and speaking with some of the specialists and then the PR manager. I handed off my resume and was told to fill out an app online. I got a call back soon after had a phone interview right then and there and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. After having a solo interview with three managers I was told I would get a follow up in a week. I was called three days later and asked to come in to speak with the store leader. following that interview I interviewed with the marketing director. two background checks later and boom. It is a long process, mine was only about two weeks but I have heard it can take a lot longer.

Interview Questions

• nothing really that unexpected. Feel them out and adapt to the situation. think about what they are really asking   Answer Question

Negotiation

no real negotiations

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

lame, too many people to meet with huge egos. Almost wanted to tell them, you didn't invent the iPhone :)

Interview Questions

the people… not very nice

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Got a job lead through a friend who was already working at the Apple Store. From my recollection, the interview process was quite unremarkable. The manager handed me guidelines for how Mac Specialists were supposed to interact with customers and told me to read it through. Afterwards, he asked me how I felt about those and asked some pretty basic things about me and my experiences with Apple products.

Negotiation

Everything was standardized, so there was nothing to negotiate.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

3 rounds. Hiring event, 5 to 2 interview, then 3 to 1 with market leader

Interview Questions

• Take out your phone and show us an app that helps improve your daily life.   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

this was a group interview where they asked to be interactive, at first its hard because there is about 30 people in a room, but in the 2 hour interview process the last hour is where you are separated into a team with 5 others and your given a chance to express yourself.

Interview Questions

• the questions were general questions, not hard not unexpected.   Answer Question