Apple Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was referred for this position. Went thru 7 rounds of interview. Not very difficult data structure and algorithm questions. More focus on approach and conceptual knowledge than giving a very difficult algorithm.

At Home Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the role and didn't hear anything until 3 months later. A recruiter contacted me and immediately scheduled a Video Interview with him. This interview was the basic review of my resume and what if scenarios. At the end of that interview he stated that I would be going to a second round of interviews with an Area Manager and Sr. Area Manager. The next day I was scheduled to meet the following Tuesday. The second Video Interview was more "tell me about a time" or "How did you..." questions based on their review of my resume. From first contact to the second interview was 8 days.

Interview Questions

• If you aren't given a road map how do you determine where you need to be?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle an under-performing employee on the verge of termination to excellence?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview at Apple is just as much about finding the right people fit as it is looking for skill set. The process has you talk with a variety people in store at all different levels to get a well rounded look at personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous work experience and how that will be relevant in the new position.   Answer Question

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Corte Madera, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Nothing like normal retail. Everyone by now knows about the BIG group interview/hiring events Apple does. It's after that you need to focus on. Essentially just be yourself, like having a conversation with an old classmate and you're catching up.

Staffing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Spoke with remote recruiter for about an hour, mostly talked about my background and how I could fit in to the company. Determined that the role was wrong fit, but gave me an idea for what working there would be like.

Apple Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly quick process, but can be intimidating. The first interview was a group interview with 30 or so interviewees, so standing out in that room can be difficult. There are several managers from different locations there to 'scout' for potential candidates. After the group interview, you choose which locations you are applying to. If chosen, you will move onto the interviews at a specific location with the managers in that location. There can be 1-3 interviews at this point, depending on how quickly they need to hire.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was recommended by an employee. I went to a general hiring event at a hotel. It was a two-hour, multiple-sessions affair, about 40 people present, 8 interviewers. It wasn't easy, mostly because of the circumstances --striving to make a solid impression on the interviewers-- but it was very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a disappointing outcome during an interaction with a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One more meeting with a regional Manager and a store manager. It was very pleasant. - The background check took the longest, because the Courts had additional closed days, due to budget cuts.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Several stages of phone interviews, first with recruiter and then with engineering director. Apple had to reschedule the phone interviews a number of times due to Apple Team's last minute meetings and trips.

Interview Questions

• What is the most technical aspect of your current job?   1 Answer

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I received an email about the opportunity to work as an Apple Care at Home Advisor since the seemed to be interested in my profile. The email suggested to complete the online application if I was interested in the position. After completing the online application I had a phone interview.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was for a duration of about half an hour. The interviewer called on time. As it was for a hardware position , I was mainly asked questions on Digital circuit design.

Interview Questions

• What is a difference in the architecture of a normal and a pipeline processor?   Answer Question
    • How will you implement an and gate using a 2x1 mux?   Answer Question
    • What are the three stages of operation of a transistor   Answer Question