Apple Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Applied online and received an invite to a hiring seminar within 2 weeks. Seminar consisted of 40 potential employees with a dozen staff from 2 different stores. Short introductory video about Apple followed by a period where you paired up and you introduced your partner. Next we broke up into small groups and had a short Q&A session.

Received a call the next day from a manager from one of the stores and said that I would moving on in the process and would receive a call for an interview within a week. A week later received a call from a different manager and had a 30 min long phone interview.

Received another email from the first manager saying that I was invited to an interview with the Store Leader the following week. Small group interview w/ 4 people followed.

Got invited to an interview with the Market Leader the following week, which was the last interview, again with 4 people. Received a call 1 week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time where you made a split decision and it was the wrong decision. How did that affect the way you went about future situations in the future.   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

I went through about four interviews. I started off by actually coming into the store and speaking with some of the specialists and then the PR manager. I handed off my resume and was told to fill out an app online. I got a call back soon after had a phone interview right then and there and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. After having a solo interview with three managers I was told I would get a follow up in a week. I was called three days later and asked to come in to speak with the store leader. following that interview I interviewed with the marketing director. two background checks later and boom. It is a long process, mine was only about two weeks but I have heard it can take a lot longer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really that unexpected. Feel them out and adapt to the situation. think about what they are really asking   Answer Question
    no real negotiations

ASLP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

I was first contacted via e-mail in response to my application. I was then invited to do an online video seminar. After that I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was then contacted to go to a hiring event in San Francisco. Apple paid for travel expenses and per diem. We signed a non-disclousre agreement, participated in a store tour. We were then split off into groups and gave 2 group presentations. After that we had two interviews in the same room as a different candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you were given negative feedback and how did you respond or react to remedy this.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Managers looking for people to work for cheap pay.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

lame, too many people to meet with huge egos. Almost wanted to tell them, you didn't invent the iPhone :)

Interview Questions

the people… not very nice

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

The entire interview process was lengthy, but not incredibly difficult. Interviews were set up in a group setting. Be prepared to try and stand out

Server and Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

start with basic personal information, previous work and experience, unix commands, network trouble shooting questions, manager was very respectful and communicate with mannerism

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any thing difficult. I was able to answer all questions. As a matter of fact I was hired on the spot with one interview   View Answer
    just be yourself and management will work with you. There is nothing special about it

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Initially I was introduced to the recruiter through a hiring event at the SF Downtown store. They did a very good job at introducing us to the role, the culture, and what we would be getting into.

The hiring process is very through and fair; they are most interested in finding out whether you are going to fit the culture.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

I was recommended by a current employee. within 2 weeks i received and email to come in a join a group interview. the group interview was abysmal, with no direction or clear goals. within another 2 weeks i received an email to come in for a follow up interview. the second interview was great and very personal. i was offered the job 2 days later

Interview Questions
    • just your standard interview questions, with ought any of the "psychological" ones, it was a pretty pleasant experience honestly   Answer Question
    They offer me the compensation i was expecting and there was no negotiating

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlingame, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview is pretty standard knowledge now for how it goes down at Apple. They have a cattle call with like 20 people in a big room in mountain view at the campus. They then have you break off into smaller rooms for the people that they like given the short windows of time you have to answer questions in the big room (why do you like apple, what got you engaged with technology, etc.).

In the smaller room, they have you answer more personal questions about yourself with 4-6 other people, being interviewed by two people at a time (at least this was my experience). They then ask you about how you are with tech more directly, what school you went to, what you've done in your career, etc.

After this interview you go to round three which is meeting with the people at your store, this is short and sweet and it's just to get to know you and make sure you're not a sociopath. After this, I met with the manager for the region, which in my case happens to be at the Hillsdale mall location in San Mateo, Ca.

Interview Questions
    • How has Apple changed your world or the world around you   Answer Question
    I wanted 17 an hour and got 15. Felt like I was ripped off having graduated from UC Berkeley, but it's Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!