Apple

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

RF Systems Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, asked something based on resume, questions about noise, phase noise concept and improvement, modulation, QAM, EVM concept. Personal experience of system design and test experience.

Interview Question – Asked research experience about EVM improvement.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview Details – Questions are fair. Most of them is job interests and a few technical questions. Due to email account problem and my old phone number on the resume, i didn't know the result of this interview.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Architect

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Two phone interviews of 30 minutes, and four in-person interviews of 45 minutes each
Me: 13 years experience in the area of specialization of the position with multiple vendors, graduate degree from US school
They: Of the four interviewers, only one ever attended a US college and university based on their LinkedIn profiles. I was told that I'll have to work with engineers based offshore. This was in the IT department at Apple.

Interview Question – A problem similar to rate/time/distance GMAT problem asked by another software architect. I did not expect this as I mostly prepared brain teasers and Java questions. I did not get this correct, but did provide some good mathematical explanation. I've solved similar problem and as with GMAT problems if you don't organize them, you'll never get it right.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Technical phone screen by the hiring manager
2. A programming assignment based on C and objective C
3. Third round is onsite interview

Interview Question – Asked programming questions about linked lists, parity bit comparison.
Questions about the data communication on iPhone devices
  Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview Details – Gave apple my resume during a career fair at campus career fair. Got an email asking to schedule for an interview bout a week later. The phone interview lasted for bout half an hour, interviewer were nice and generally asked stuff on my resume. i thought it went well, still waiting on the offer he said would come bout 2-3 weeks later

Interview Question – If a cap is added at the base of a BJT(common emitter), how does it change the function of the BJT.   View Answers (2)

ICal Dev Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interviewer began by asking a little bit about my academic background. Then he asked about the projects that I had worked on and the team dynamics invoked thru' experience there. After that, it was all technical - he asked me to design a game of poker and give him an outline of base classes, objects, and key methods used for event handling.

Interview Questions

• what projects have you worked on before? Any open-source experience and if so, what kind of software hygiene methods did you use?   Answer Question
  • Design a game of poker - give the classes and sub-classes, objects, methods, etc. for key events and game outcomes. Explain your workflow.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interviewing process at Apple is excrutiatingly slow. However, I heard that once they made up their mind, the offer comes very fast. It took me about 3 weeks from the intial contact with the recruiter to personal interview. No phone calls from the hiring manager, it went straight to on-site interview with 3 different people. A word of advice I got from my contacts at Apple: loose your tie and jacket before the interview. Anything else goes,including T-shirt and blue jeans.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple interview questions and advice in Santa Clara, CA. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.