Apple Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

3 months after applying to Apple online I received a missed phone call from an apple recruiter letting me know they would like to setup an interview based on my application.

Contact #1, Phone Interview-
    I was able to get in touch with the recruiter the same day and went through basic Q&A of:
    'work history?'
    'do you own any apple products?'
    'are you familiar with OS X OR iOS?'
    'do you have a home phone?' * note at the time of the application Apple was land line only and still had not made the swap to soft phone/VOIP, but my start date would be after they did (less than 30 days)
    'salary requirements?'
    'full time or part time? student?'

I was informed starting Salary would be $16.50 for all NA WFH techs at tier 1 and could move up from there or work 2nd shift for the hourly percentage incentive if I wanted. Moving forward from here I was told that I would be moving on to a round 2 interview via Skype with video chat for a more in depth technical interview the following week.

Contact #2, Skype Interview-
    (Read 10:30 AM PDT on the dot)
    I received the expected call on time and made met with my interviewer. After going over more technical questions, involving my background and other work history refresher, we finally moved on to the "technical role-play".

Upon starting with a friendly voice I was able to meet and greet the "customer" probing the issue to find a quick resolve to make the "customer" happy and content with his service call. Interview role-play placed the customer in an airport just touching down, unable to make/receive calls/texts. Moving forward the role-play lasted for about 70 seconds before it was "resolved".
    The interviewer said I was great and should look for another email with the next interview date if I move forward. From here we recovered any questions I had about packages, salary, Paid time off/Holiday, etc. Making our goodbyes and ended the call.

Contact #3, Email-
    "Sorry we have moved forward with another applicant, thank you."

Interview Questions
    • Q: "I'm in an airport and my flight just touched down, I have no service yet I see other people around me using smart phones?"   View Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Consisted of two interviews over the course of one week. First was a large group interview of about 6-7 people all interviewing for different positions. Questions were all basic customer service questions; very little was asked about product knowledge. However, you were all asked the same question in succession, so it can be hard to distinguish your answer as unique.

The second round you were paired with one other interviewee and were questioned by four store managers grouped into pairs (two sessions). You both get asked separate questions so you don't have to worry too much about copying someone else's answer. The regional manager was also present at my interview.

A day later I got an offer for Specialist even though that was not the position I applied for. They are really looking for technically skilled people for Geniuses (someone who could work independently at a computer repair shop) but I seemed to qualify in the customer service arena.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to go around a manager's wants to satisfy a customer and what did the manager think about your solution?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay although pay is already good for retail. Maybe not the highest in the mall but definitely in higher end.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apple in April 2011.

Very difficult process, many interviews, but what it comes down to is the type of individual you are. They are looking for another piece in their puzzle and are willing to shape you into the techy type to showcase the products.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you failed a customer at previous employment and how did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    Not much here, they have base positions and most of the time you have no wiggle room.

Mac Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2011.

First of all, they use Behavioral Interviewing questions, so brush up on them and know how to answer them.

But what they are really doing is SELLING you on Apple and how great it is to work there. Nothing really concrete comes out. They want you to really want to work for Apple Retail.

Interviews are held offsite in various hotels. in the last one, they just crashed the bar area of a Hilton and were interviewing people off in a corner.

Interview Questions

I knew I had the job - if I wanted it. But Apple failed to offer me anything MORE than I currently make. I'd have to take a cut in pay, work in retail again while my wife works a M-F, 9-5 job; that means we'd never see each other.

Also, the Apple Manager failed to answer my questions in such a catastrophic way that we were both embarrassed, which was not my intent at all. I was hoping I could start a career at Apple but it became quickly apparent that's not what they want to here from potential new hires --- even ones who have great backgrounds and strong experiences.

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Definitely the most rigorous interview process I've ever undergone (in my 20+ years of working life). First I was contacted via email to schedule me for a Group/Panel interview in the Univ District area of Seattle. I attended that panel, which lasted several hours, during which time about 30 of us were "interviewed" individually by three managers, broken into smaller groups of 5-6, and as a whole group in a conference room. It was a very upbeat experience, more of a cheerleading event for Apple and IMO a "weeding out" of potential hires who weren't "Apple material"...

About a week after the group event I was contacted via email again and asked to do 1:1 interviews at a local retail store. During that interview process, I was interviewed by three store managers individually. I was contacted less than a week after that and asked to have one more interview (at a different store) with the WA State regional manager. I had a 1:1 interview with her for approximately one hour, during which time the door to her office was left open, and employees came in/out to get things off shelves. It was very distracting (to say the least). Perhaps that was her intent?

I was contacted within 24 hours of that interview to say that they would not be moving forward with me as a candidate for a position w/ Apple at this time. And that was that.

For the most part, I found the process (with the exception of that last interview) to be very engaging and interesting. I felt very positive and encouraged along the way as well. Definitely felt as though I was being considered for a position by the hiring influence at my store of choice.

In the end, it was a relief that I didn't get the position since I haven't worked in retail for over 15 years and with a small child at home, it would have been very challenging to go back to that kind of work schedule. But I'm glad to have had the experience and to get to know the inner workings of Apple (a company/brand that I definitely believe in).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a management style that you find difficult or challenging to work with, and why, as well as how you worked around the challenge...   View Answers (2)

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in October 2010.

The Apple Team was in fact more focused towards to the wireless communication and how the Cells in the mobile network are oriented and organized. There were no questions on the software development side. They also asked questions on DSP and Fourier analysis.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Started with an interview over the phone with the regional recruiter then moved to in person 1:1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you want to work for Apple   View Answer
    • Tell me a time where you had to give feedback to someone and what that lloked like.   Answer Question

Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2010.

Interviews start with a group interview with about 30 other people. They give a brief presentation of work at Apple & then break you into groups of about 5-7. They observe how you work in that group & I presume make decisions on who to call back based on those observations.

Then you meet with a few of the store's management team (mine was a week or so later) for 1:1 interviews.

Finally you meet with another store leader & the regional manager (this was in a hotel). I hade a 2:2 interview with 1 other person who basically would reuse my answers to all of the questions. (Make sure you answer first in this scenario).

They offered and asked me to start within a few days, but I had to give notice at my currently job, so I didn't start until the next round of orientation about a month later.

There were no options to negotiate even though I was currently making more (at a temporary job). It was a take it or leave it offer & they make you feel like you are stupid to not take it.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Multiple phone interviews
    Large group information session/group interviews (~50 people)
    Two in-person panel interviews back to back (3-4 managers, and one other candidate present as well)
    3-4 full days of paid customer service training (almost no product information was discussed in this training, this was strictly a "cleansing experience" to make sure you were Appley enough for the Apple club)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected: I was given hypothetical sales/customer service situations, and asked questions to determine my level of tech experience.   Answer Question
    I was offered the job, and promptly assigned a store location. I was supposed to be involved in a training session at the store and was given a date and time to show up. But the hiring manager became unresponsive to emails and calls leading up to the training day.

She didn't bother to tell me that I wouldn't be welcome at this session, I found out when they didn't let me into the store at 7am. There was apparently a mishandling of my hiring paperwork and I was to be rescheduled for the next training phase (3 months later). She was very rude and unprofessional, and because of her mistakes I was out of a job for 3 months.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Applied for many positions at Apple. Because of my previous experience in supervision/management I was offered a manager position.

First, went to the recruitment seminar. Attended with about 18 other applicants. We were required to be there 15 minutes early, I'm assuming to see if we're awkward around the other applicants because there was really no other reason for it. Managers from stores around the area then asked us to introduce ourselves to the group (had to include name, why we're there, what we've been up to, and a unique fact). We watched a couple of videos about Apple, answered a few questions about products and experiences, and then went into a group activity. We paired up, interviewed each other while the managers paruze'd the room, and then had to present the other person as a viable candidate. Overall it was really fun and low-stress. Let your personality show. That's what they want... not expertise in technology or an over-achiever with their hand always in the air.

After this I was called for an interview at the store. I met with the manager. Interview questions were standard.

About 2 days after this interview I was emailed asking permission for a background check. Filled everything out, zippidy doo.

I was then called about a week later for a 3rd interview with another store manager. Again, interview questions were standard.

4th interview is really just a "blessing".

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have to abandon a project?   Answer Question
    • What is a piece of feedback you have received from either a supervisor or a peer that you found surprising?   Answer Question