Apple

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2012.

First impression as I entered the lobby. Thats Apple (??) Not very impressed especially after exchanging a few words with the receptionist, very unfriendly, to say the least.

Next, very turned off as first two interviewers picked me up and had no clue where they like to sit down. Okay, well, thats fine too. We finally sat down in a conference room. Both gave me impression they are super heros around here (in their department and respective skill set). But MY impression - certainly NOT. And, I know Im not wrong. Both said, they just got my resume and havnt really looked at it much as they are SO busy all the time, putting out fires! lol. Typical BS. I quickly observed that they got some beef against me from the get go, not sure if it was a racial thing or what. Anyway, I answered most technical questions correctly, the hard ones (e.g. a long ass math equation *rolling eyes*) I couldnt and said so. Next interviewer, lady was even a bigger drama than the first two. Pretty much more of the same, she too hadn't reviewed my resume before hand. My interview was set a week in advance, after clearing a phone interview week before that. I flew out there for personal interview. Next, came a DBA Manager, who actually I really liked and I got a feeling he liked me too. Up next, Hiring Manager, who also was a delight, i felt a good connection, we talked quite a bit about different things aside from job. He then took me to a PM Manager lady, im not so sure, how good or bad I did with her. She seemed quite unprepared (*me rolling eyes*) and gave me a impression also that she had a"different figure" in mind as to who she'll be interviewing today. I really think I gave her all the good stuff I could and she did acknowledged a bit that Im a good fit from her team's point of view. But, honestly! I'm not sure at all what she really thought of me. Last stop, Director of Networking, a funny/delightful personality, full of charm and energy, I believe I did OK with him as well, and he also liked me ( I thinkkk). In the end, as he was escorting me, he even made a comment, something like ' we do need good guys like you'. FWIW. Anyway, I didn't get the job. LoL. Found out today, after waiting for more than two weeks and no word from Apple. I sent an e-mail to HR person and she then e-mailed me a sorta auto-generated note in the evening informing me that I was selected. Well, good for me. It would've been nice to get it BUT its OKAY too. I still have a great comparable job. I wish I could add some advice here for folks who may be getting interviewed for similar position(s) possibly in same area but I don't really have one. Except, just be yourself and don't let "Apple, Inc." status intimidate you. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Got email from recruiter. Go to group interview with other 30+ candidates. There were 4 managers for different positions. Take turn to go to interview with each one. Then 3 more managers come. People don't dress up for this type of interview. Some candidates looked very unprofessional. Most managers dressed themselves with apple shirts and jeans. Some managers wear slacks. No need to wear suit for the System Engineer's interview. Each manager had a position or two open in their department. They need people with high skill set in the following areas: Load Balancer(push out 100+ each time), Storage (data transfer 100+ server each time, storage 10000+ servers), system admin with web experience for the apple website, etc. No time to train newbees because of the heavy workload.

Interview Questions