Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.3

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple.

Contacted me through LinkedIn, and then scheduled a phone interview with the interviewer, ask me to write code in apple doc beta version. No general questions, directly to coding question. takes about 30-40 mins

Interview Questions
  • Use objective-c write code to return the first repeated integer from a given array, with O(n) time   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

The interview process was what you'd expect from a company like this. I have about three phone screens (all of them were technical and the last one included a code snippet), followed by an all day on-site interview.

The on-site consisted of one hour interviews every hour (11-5), and we're all very technical. I was asked to solve various problems (your typical algorithm and data structure subjects), as well as explain the various projects I worked on in my most recent position.

The questions involved a lot of thinking, but I was able to find my way to the solutions after some time.

All in all, I'd say it was too bad as I had prepared by practicing algorithms (searching, sorting, etc), and brushing up on some objective-c (I had to teach myself it in the two weeks leading up to the on-site).

A good topcoder browse is a good resource for preparing to interview with this company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you speed up your typical bit reversal algorithm?   Answer Question
    Very well organized and thought out. Excellent package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

The phone interview wasn't exactly technical, I just spoke to the hiring manager and then was invited to an on-site interview. The on-site was a full day of about 5-6 technical interviews, with a few behavioral questions here and there. The technical questions related directly to the team's work
     and were not the typical general CS questions. I will not share the exact questions (integrity and all that...)

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were stuck on a problem? How would you formulate the question to your co-workers?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Started with initial short phone call with their recruiter, covering my background and past experiences. Then a phone interview with a software engineer, covering background and technical experiences and languages.

Software Engineer Interview

Recruiter contacted me for phone interview. Phone screen took 20 min and they flew me over the next week for interviews with 8-10 people.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviews weren't hard but I got nixed by a top decision maker for lack of experience in one area.   Answer Question

Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter forwarded my resume to the wrong team and the both the manager and I realized this as soon the interview started. What a waste of time   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

I dropped my resume and talked with a engineer in Apple at my university Career Fair. I was contacted after one week and got a phono interview with a manager in Siri Team.

Interview Questions
    • The accent of the interviewer was very hard to understand.
      Given an array with N - 2 elements (two missing) from 1 to N, find the two missing elements in linear time and constant memory usage.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

A friend of mine referred me for a position and was immediately contacted by the recruiter for the team to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. This was mostly a technical interview for an hour. I was then invited for a full day on onsite interviews from 11 am to 5.30 pm. The onsite interviewers were all good to talk to and smart obviously. There is a lot of coding on a laptop with the screen projected and also a lot of white board coding and system design. The questions were not extremely tough but makes you think in terms of DS and Algorithms. The lunch turned out to be a very technical interview in itself but now the entire team is shooting questions at you. Overall, it was a good learning experience. My brain was too tired by the end of the day at 5 pm and I got a puzzle question which I was unable to solve which might be why I did not get the offer because most of the other interviews were fine but there may be other factors as well.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were all what you would expect in software engineer interview. Nothing unexpected in particular.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Apple.

The discriminate against you for your visa status. I would say worst company to interview for.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

I was contacted via linkedin, after I responded I talked to an HR person about what kind of position I would be interested in (10 minutes), then a week later a technical interview with with a hiring manager (30 minutes). That started off with a couple basic technical questions (how is a map implemented) then went into brain teaser/logic problems.

Interview Questions
    • Ants are at the corners of an equilateral triangle labelled 1, 2, and 3, each ant starts moving towards the next one (1 towards 2, 2 towards 3, 3 towards 1) at the same constant speed. How long until they meet ?   View Answers (8)

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!