Apple

89 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – Flew in for an interview after being contacted by a recruiter. Flown in. The selection process for flights and hotels is great, it's kinda like they are running their own kayak. Regular silicon valley interview other than that.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? (Really thing that stuff through)   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – Started with initial short phone call with their recruiter, covering my background and past experiences. Then a phone interview with a software engineer, covering background and technical experiences and languages.

Interview Question – given an integer, write code to list all primes preceding it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me for phone interview. Phone screen took 20 min and they flew me over the next week for interviews with 8-10 people.

Interview Question – The technical interviews weren't hard but I got nixed by a top decision maker for lack of experience in one area.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – The recruiter forwarded my resume to the wrong team and the both the manager and I realized this as soon the interview started. What a waste of time   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – A friend of mine referred me for a position and was immediately contacted by the recruiter for the team to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. This was mostly a technical interview for an hour. I was then invited for a full day on onsite interviews from 11 am to 5.30 pm. The onsite interviewers were all good to talk to and smart obviously. There is a lot of coding on a laptop with the screen projected and also a lot of white board coding and system design. The questions were not extremely tough but makes you think in terms of DS and Algorithms. The lunch turned out to be a very technical interview in itself but now the entire team is shooting questions at you. Overall, it was a good learning experience. My brain was too tired by the end of the day at 5 pm and I got a puzzle question which I was unable to solve which might be why I did not get the offer because most of the other interviews were fine but there may be other factors as well.

Interview Question – The technical questions were all what you would expect in software engineer interview. Nothing unexpected in particular.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met Apple recruiter through college fair. I've been applying online for ages without hearing anything back, so I guess Apple recruiters prefer candidates they've met in person.

I had two phone screens next month. The first one was technical and pretty easy. The second was behavioral. I actually was really surprised, I had expected Apple's screening process to be a lot more difficult. I was asked to interview on-site next month.

The on-site interview was way more challenging than the phone screens. I was still in college, so I knew a lot of things, but none in depth. The questions asked were directly related to the team's work, unlike most other companies -- where NCG's are usually asked questions based on what they've learned in school. I guess Apple's teams look for people they specifically need for a position even for college grads.

I was able to hold my own for most of the first technical interview, but I started losing confidence and getting very nervous. By the third interview, I was a mess. It took me 5 minutes to actually understand what the interviewer was asking of me. The last two interviewers asked me about my experience and projects I had undertaken in college and at my internships. They were pretty impressed, but I knew it was too late by then. Sure enough, I was escorted out right after.

I guess I was caught off guard by how much more difficult the on-site interview was than the phone interviews, and by how specific the questions were to the team.

Interview Question – Create a synchronization primitive for the operating system/kernel from scratch. I created a spinlock with test-and-set. Next, create a primitive that doesn't waste CPU cycles. (Essentially, how would you create a mutex inside the kernel?)   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – Apple recruiter contacted me on LinkedLn. After initial introductory round, there was on technical phone screen.

After 4 days, their recruiter called me for onsite interview in Cupertino.

There were 5 interviews, 3 (2-1), and 2(1-1) interview. After first 4 fully technical interviews, last interview was with the director of engineering, which was mix of technical and behavioral.

Interviews was not very tough, they asked average question, even though I think I did fairly well in technical interview, I believe I wasn't well prepared for it, specially behavior interview . Questions were related to Design patterns, data structures, algorithms (BST related multiple problems, queues, linked lists etc). There were follow up question, how would you improve time/space compexity

Interview Question – how would you design evernote app, find circular loop in linked list, and other simple questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – I dropped my resume and talked with a engineer in Apple at my university Career Fair. I was contacted after one week and got a phono interview with a manager in Siri Team.

Interview Question – The accent of the interviewer was very hard to understand.
Given an array with N - 2 elements (two missing) from 1 to N, find the two missing elements in linear time and constant memory usage.
  Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process begins with 30 min recruiter and next 30 min hiring manager. Next process is technical phone interview followed by onsite interview whole day.

Interview Question – Core design concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The discriminate against you for your visa status. I would say worst company to interview for.

Interview Question – Do you have the work visa ?   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!