Apple

Updated Jan 18, 2015

3.3

113 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

Step 1: phone screen, non-technical for most part
Step 2: coding problem to work on
Step 3: Full day onsite of white boarding. This is highly technical. I was asked a mixture use; software/ algorithm questions, a puzzle, and design question.

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected:

Puzzle question. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what's the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What's the optimal solution?

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software Engineer Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Software Engineer Interview

One phone interview, one on-site interview. On-site consisted of two 2-1 interviews, one with two managers, one with two team leads. Then two 1-1 interviews with engineers from external teams. Got an offer the following week.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in December 2014.

Hiring process seemed ok but not sure what they were really looking. Random questions in every subject, not into a specific candidate strengths. Another thing was when asked about job or role definition, interview didnt really explained it well so that candidate can get more from the discussion. Overall it was ok type, not too bad and not too good.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

Applied through recruiter. Got onsite interview. The hiring manager gave me question sheets.
    1. String reversal.
    2. Bit manipulation.
    3. Binary search optimization
    4. Some Unix Shell commands.
    5. Socket programming
    6. JFrame

Interview Questions
    • The question about JFrame code... where I had to find the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Applied through a reference. Was contacted two to four weeks later. They set up a first interview with recruiter and hiring manager. Then an interview with an engineer mainly going over my resume and simple Java questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions I got asked were what does the final keyword do in Java and how I would go through a list of country music words and track the frequency of common words.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

One of the worst interview experiences I have ever had.

The setup and actual interviews was fine. The recruiter was quick to turnaround and give me the positive news and asked for a bunch of details to put together the offer.

Then I waited for weeks, and every week there would be some excuse about the delay. Finally I had made up my mind that I would decline because this is poor ethic, but I did not want to give them the satisfaction of just losing me and not having to explain themselves so I kept at contacting the recruiter asking for status updates. Finally got one last excuse with a decline.

I am glad I did not mention to anyone that I had a successful interview because it would have been really embarrassing to explain this. I guess the recruiter/team/Apple does not care about future employees/customers.

Software Engineer Interview

Submitted resume through school career website. Got an email from an HR saying that I match with a team. Received a phone interview a week later. Around 30 minutes. 10 minutes resume stuff and 20 minutes questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Submitted resume through campus career fair, and received a phone interview about two weeks after. HR setup the phone interview. Interestingly, I was interviewed with the head of the group directly, while the group currently only has 3 people. There wasn't any technical questions, and one behavioral question was about the most challenging class I'm taking right now.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't ask any technical question. One behavior question that I remember was about the most challenging class I'm taking right now   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

It is an invited interview after an iOS hackathon in our university. The interviewer didn't ask too many questions, mainly about my previous projects on resume. Only one technical question has been asked.

Interview Questions
    • Assume you have many pages of slides, you want to change the order when you are editing them, say, you would like to insert the 7th page after the 3rd page and before the 4th page. Design and implement your idea.   View Answer