Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014

3.3

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Recruiter initial contacted me through LinkedIn. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter. Then a technical phone interview with an engineer. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager to talk more about the position and the surround group. After that they flew me out to California for several in-person interviews. I was in interviews from 1-6, each interview last about an hour and had 2 people in each. After that they decided that I would be a better fit for a different group so I had 1 more technical phone interview with an engineer, and one more phone interview with the new hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any questions that stood out as difficult. All were pretty standard software engineer problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software Engineer Interview

One phone interview, one on-site interview. On-site consisted of two 2-1 interviews, one with two managers, one with two team leads. Then two 1-1 interviews with engineers from external teams. Got an offer the following week.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in March 2013.

I was contacted by a Recruiter who set up a phone interview. They told me that it would be with the iCal / FaceTime team. They also mentioned that the internship would be focused around building prototypes of future versions of software.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of OS type of questions. Explain semaphores, difference between thread/process, 64 vs 32 bit addressing.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

The interview process was what you'd expect from a company like this. I have about three phone screens (all of them were technical and the last one included a code snippet), followed by an all day on-site interview.

The on-site consisted of one hour interviews every hour (11-5), and we're all very technical. I was asked to solve various problems (your typical algorithm and data structure subjects), as well as explain the various projects I worked on in my most recent position.

The questions involved a lot of thinking, but I was able to find my way to the solutions after some time.

All in all, I'd say it was too bad as I had prepared by practicing algorithms (searching, sorting, etc), and brushing up on some objective-c (I had to teach myself it in the two weeks leading up to the on-site).

A good topcoder browse is a good resource for preparing to interview with this company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you speed up your typical bit reversal algorithm?   Answer Question
    Very well organized and thought out. Excellent package.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

Contacted me through LinkedIn, and then scheduled a phone interview with the interviewer, ask me to write code in apple doc beta version. No general questions, directly to coding question. takes about 30-40 mins

Interview Questions
    • Use objective-c write code to return the first repeated integer from a given array, with O(n) time   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

The phone interview wasn't exactly technical, I just spoke to the hiring manager and then was invited to an on-site interview. The on-site was a full day of about 5-6 technical interviews, with a few behavioral questions here and there. The technical questions related directly to the team's work
     and were not the typical general CS questions. I will not share the exact questions (integrity and all that...)

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were stuck on a problem? How would you formulate the question to your co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Flew in for an interview after being contacted by a recruiter. Flown in. The selection process for flights and hotels is great, it's kinda like they are running their own kayak. Regular silicon valley interview other than that.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? (Really thing that stuff through)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Started with initial short phone call with their recruiter, covering my background and past experiences. Then a phone interview with a software engineer, covering background and technical experiences and languages.

Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter forwarded my resume to the wrong team and the both the manager and I realized this as soon the interview started. What a waste of time   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Recruiter contacted me for phone interview. Phone screen took 20 min and they flew me over the next week for interviews with 8-10 people.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviews weren't hard but I got nixed by a top decision maker for lack of experience in one area.   Answer Question