Apple

Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.2

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

It started from a short HR talk, then go through an interview mainly focus on my background and past project. It takes more than three weeks to have the first technical interview.

The interview checked many projects that are relevant to their interest. Questions are very detailed, it definitely needs for applicant to have a very clear idea to talk about. Since I have several research based projects listed on my resume. The questions are developed around my experiences. The process takes about 50 min.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer expected more than I've prepared. As I am not a native speaker, I feel some technical details are not explained as clear as it should be, even though I am quite familiar with what I did. Preparing stories might help.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

interviewed at Apple in November 2014.

interview with to different teams, 1 hour each, regular format: describe yourself, technical background, a short description about the job, and then technical questions. i was aiming for application layer and got matching questions.

Interview Questions
    • How to detect stack overflow at runtime in C, when running a recursive Fibonacci functon   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Recruiter told me there will only be some probing questions on my experience for 30 minutes. But, the interviewer started asking coding questions for an hour. I couldn't understand his English due to his strong Chinese accent.

Interview Questions
    • How large file can be on HDFS distributed file system? Which was a silly knowledge testing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

Applied through recruiter. Got onsite interview. The hiring manager gave me question sheets.
    1. String reversal.
    2. Bit manipulation.
    3. Binary search optimization
    4. Some Unix Shell commands.
    5. Socket programming
    6. JFrame

Interview Questions
    • The question about JFrame code... where I had to find the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Recruiter call followed by one technical phone screen followed by on site interview

On site interview consisted of 2 2:1 interviews. My first interview was with the director of engineering which did not go well. Even though the second interview went well, this was the deciding factor.

Interview Questions
    • Given busy slots as a data-set in a person's outlook calendar (eg: {(1000, 1200), (1415, 1530),...}) and the time required for a meeting (eg: 45 mins) write a method to find an open available slot for scheduling a meeting.   View Answer
    • Given a deck of cards, write a method to determine if it is "flush".   Answer Question
    • Multi-threading and data related questions were quite simple and straightforward   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Applied through a reference. Was contacted two to four weeks later. They set up a first interview with recruiter and hiring manager. Then an interview with an engineer mainly going over my resume and simple Java questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions I got asked were what does the final keyword do in Java and how I would go through a list of country music words and track the frequency of common words.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

One of the worst interview experiences I have ever had.

The setup and actual interviews was fine. The recruiter was quick to turnaround and give me the positive news and asked for a bunch of details to put together the offer.

Then I waited for weeks, and every week there would be some excuse about the delay. Finally I had made up my mind that I would decline because this is poor ethic, but I did not want to give them the satisfaction of just losing me and not having to explain themselves so I kept at contacting the recruiter asking for status updates. Finally got one last excuse with a decline.

I am glad I did not mention to anyone that I had a successful interview because it would have been really embarrassing to explain this. I guess the recruiter/team/Apple does not care about future employees/customers.

Software Engineer Interview

Submitted resume through campus career fair, and received a phone interview about two weeks after. HR setup the phone interview. Interestingly, I was interviewed with the head of the group directly, while the group currently only has 3 people. There wasn't any technical questions, and one behavioral question was about the most challenging class I'm taking right now.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't ask any technical question. One behavior question that I remember was about the most challenging class I'm taking right now   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Submitted resume through school career website. Got an email from an HR saying that I match with a team. Received a phone interview a week later. Around 30 minutes. 10 minutes resume stuff and 20 minutes questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

It is an invited interview after an iOS hackathon in our university. The interviewer didn't ask too many questions, mainly about my previous projects on resume. Only one technical question has been asked.

Interview Questions
    • Assume you have many pages of slides, you want to change the order when you are editing them, say, you would like to insert the 7th page after the 3rd page and before the 4th page. Design and implement your idea.   View Answer