Apple Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The coordinator contacted me and set up a time via email after asking when I was available. The interviewer called right on time, and first asked about my interests and what I wanted to do. Then he explained about himself and what his role on the hiring team was. After that it was one or two technical questions, and wrap up.

Interview Questions

• Is there a difference between performSelector and performSelector:withDelay of 0?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied the internship during the career fair in our university and got an on-campus interview on the next day. The interviewer is really nice. We started with some basic programming problems. I was asked to write code on the board. Then we discussed something about GPU and deep learning since the interviewer works for Siri Team. But I don't have much knowledge about GPU, so I failed here. Anyway, I still feel really happy to get this opportunity, which is actually the first career interview in my life.

Interview Questions

• Iterator, bit manipulation, something related to my projects   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I received and email from the recruiter asking me for my availability dates for a phone interview, once i gave them the dates, an interview was set up approximately a week after i received the email. The interview went on for approximately 60 minutes. It was included both technical questions and a coding problem. It was a very good experience and the interviewer was very patient and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all technical in nature, and mostly concentrated on the Operating System Concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still awaitng their call for the next step in the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Step 1: phone screen, non-technical for most part Step 2: coding problem to work on Step 3: Full day onsite of white boarding. This is highly technical. I was asked a mixture use; software/ algorithm questions, a puzzle, and design question.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Puzzle question. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what's the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What's the optimal solution?   15 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Interview through campus career fair. First interview is mainly to gauge knowledge and learn about the various projects you've done. Be prepared to answer some fairly basic computer science questions.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple (Ithaca, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter first asked 1 java question and 2 bit manipulation question. After I answer them, he let me to ask him question. according to my previous project experience, I told him what I preferred to do. But he told me that apple has few position for my preference.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in the website and they called me when a suitable position opened up. This took me around 1 month. I had experience working with apple technologies in past which made me eligible for the post.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview, one on-site interview. On-site consisted of two 2-1 interviews, one with two managers, one with two team leads. Then two 1-1 interviews with engineers from external teams. Got an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Explain strategies for optimizing C   Answer Question
    • What is two's complement? What is -1 in hex? Big/little endian?   1 Answer
    • Given a list of numbers from 1 to n with one missing, find the missing element.   5 Answers
    • Reverse a list of lists   Answer Question
    • Remove consecutive duplicate characters in a string. Now do this in place.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got onsite interview. The hiring manager gave me question sheets. 1. String reversal. 2. Bit manipulation. 3. Binary search optimization 4. Some Unix Shell commands. 5. Socket programming 6. JFrame

Interview Questions

• The question about JFrame code... where I had to find the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in December 2014.

Interview

Hiring process seemed ok but not sure what they were really looking. Random questions in every subject, not into a specific candidate strengths. Another thing was when asked about job or role definition, interview didnt really explained it well so that candidate can get more from the discussion. Overall it was ok type, not too bad and not too good.