Apple

Average Difficulty
90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly interview with questions about background and recent projects. No technical questions at all, he made the process very smooth. My experience was not suitable with what they are looking for so didn't go through second round, but very nice guy interviewed me, hope all interviews are like that.

Interview Question – details about projects you worked on, and tough moments going through them   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview Details – My manager asked me about the projects in my resume.
He wanted the intern to have programming skills and understanding of information security.
He did not ask many questions about the syntax.
I thought he would like the candidate to show the learning ability and enthusiasm for the work.
That was my first interview. It was unforgettable because it changed my life.

Interview Question – It is a question about metadata.   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2008.

Interview Details – They saw an application that I wrote on my website and offered me an internship. I worked on some of their smaller profile projects for a year until they offered me a full time job.

I don't remember the questions being very difficult although it was a while ago. I think at Apple, they are really looking for something different about each person. For me, they saw an app I wrote and released when I was 13 and they thought I might be useful. For others, it may be different.

Interview Question – You have a 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can't feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.   View Answers (14)

Cupertino, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was straight and technical, people were very good.

Cupertino, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – had a phone screen and group phone interview. it was cake. had to answer a couple questions about C, javascript, jquery, python. very smooth.

Interview Question – How would you diagnose a buffer overflow?   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview wasn't hard. Easy person to talk to.
First asked me general questions like why do you want to work at Apple? Whats your favorite Apple product? Describe a situation in which you failed and how you handled it.
Then he asked me a few questions about Git.

Overall I thought the interview went fine but didn't end up getting it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Apple?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had three interviews, the first one was to see if knew basic Objective-C and to hear a little about my background. The second interview was with my future mentor, he asked me about my views of Apple and some technical Objective-C/iOS dev questions. My future mentor then had a entry level engineer interview me to verify that I knew as much about iOS dev as i claimed to know.
About a week after my last interview I received an email stating I got the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate, the offer was way higher than what I expected.
Advice: If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to intern at Apple take it.

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview Details – General computer science questions. Included things about command line, data structures, basics C/c++ terminology.

Interview Question – How do you change permissions of a file from the terminal?   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2012.

Interview Details – After applying through college career fair, I was scheduled for two phone interviews, for iOS and Mac OS teams. I was offered a position just a day after the last interview. Recruiters are very helpful, replied to emails even on weekends.

Interview Question – Design an automatic reference counter for objective-c.   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, both focused on solving programming problems

Interview Question – Write a recursive function to determine prime number   View Answers (3)