Apple

Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.2

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview process begins with 30 min recruiter and next 30 min hiring manager. Next process is technical phone interview followed by onsite interview whole day.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Software Engineer Interview

You will receive an email notification before two rounds of phone interview, the first is about the project or research experience you included in your resume while the second is testing your understanding of the courses you have listed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in December 2012.

The phone interviews consisted of an initial screening that involved general OO design, then the phone interviews asked for more detailed technical tasks. They are often very interested in past projects, so be able to talk in length about things you've worked on. On site was long, from 9:45-4:30, consisting of 6 45 minute interviews. Questions ranged from debugging a toy program they had written to designing out an application I was planning on working on.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a C string that has a special character encoding. Special characters are two bytes and are preceded by a flag character represented by the highest bit being set to 1, then the following bits specifing how many special characters will follow. The special characters are be interspersed between normal characters.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in October 2012.

Contacted for phone interview and got scheduled within the next two days. Two people were phone interviewing me and asked mostly programming exercises. No algorithm, conceptual, or problem solving questions were asked. Questions like write a function for the given function prototypes.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was about reversing a singly linked list with the given prototype. But I was the one to be blamed as I wasn't well prepared.   View Answers (6)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

interviewed at Apple in August 2012.

Multiple phone interviews with various managers and team members. Friendly and surprisingly unorthodox compared to the run of the mill European software houses I was accustomed to. Persistently follows you up. Company seems to have an interesting mix of talent, and seems to seek people who aren't necessarily pure engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked why my blog was spanned such a wide range of subject over a short time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in June 2012.

Very friendly interview with questions about background and recent projects. No technical questions at all, he made the process very smooth. My experience was not suitable with what they are looking for so didn't go through second round, but very nice guy interviewed me, hope all interviews are like that.

Interview Questions
    • details about projects you worked on, and tough moments going through them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview process was straight and technical, people were very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2012.

I had three interviews, the first one was to see if knew basic Objective-C and to hear a little about my background. The second interview was with my future mentor, he asked me about my views of Apple and some technical Objective-C/iOS dev questions. My future mentor then had a entry level engineer interview me to verify that I knew as much about iOS dev as i claimed to know.
    About a week after my last interview I received an email stating I got the position.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate, the offer was way higher than what I expected.
    Advice: If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to intern at Apple take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview wasn't hard. Easy person to talk to.
    First asked me general questions like why do you want to work at Apple? Whats your favorite Apple product? Describe a situation in which you failed and how you handled it.
    Then he asked me a few questions about Git.

Overall I thought the interview went fine but didn't end up getting it.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2012.

After applying through college career fair, I was scheduled for two phone interviews, for iOS and Mac OS teams. I was offered a position just a day after the last interview. Recruiters are very helpful, replied to emails even on weekends.

Interview Questions
    • Design an automatic reference counter for objective-c.   Answer Question