Apple

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Talk to a recruiter and set me up with a couple phone screens. First phone screen was fairly easy and simple. Second one was like the first. Didn't get passed the second phone screen because i forgot some of my fundamentals. Overall, the people were nice and easy to talk too.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just know your fundamentals as well as your resume.   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – - Submit your resume online via Apple web site
- If there is a match, recruiter will phone you for initial phone screen
- Manager and/or engineers will phone-interview you for at least 1 round if not more.
- Onsite interview (extremely technical !! beware)
- Offer will be made roughly 2 weeks after the last onsite interview depend on the specific group/manager.

Interview Question – No BS questions like Google's. It usually highly technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Painless. You just have to fight for higher salary and RSU grant whenever possible.

Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of short phone interviews, following by a full day on-site broken into 30 or 45 minute sessions with different interviewers.

Interview Question – Rather than give the actual question, let me just say that when you are asked coding questions be prepared for multiple follow-up questions. Typically, these came in the form of modifying some detail of the original premise for the question, and asking to explain the impact that the change would have on memory utilization, or running time performance, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate. There seemed to be no flexibility on base salary (I may already be at the top of the range). But they did come back with an additional signing bonus of approximately 5% the base salary.

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – So I found the ad on Craigslist SURPRISINGLY! for a QA Contractor at Apple. I am a student in community college so I did not expect to hear back from them, but to my surprise I got an email scheduling a phone call interview. During the phone call interview I was asked some QA questions, why do I like apple, what do I have to offer apple.

After the phone call interview, I got an email scheduling an on site interview in cupertino. The minute my interview started, the interviewer asked how was I apple to get the interview, because I am so young. I was asked some programming questions, questions about my programming history, and more problem solving, and QA testing questions. KNOW YOURE RESUME!. I was interviewed by 6 people during my on site interview.

Because I was also required to know either arabic, or hebrew for my position since I am a BIDI software QA. After the second on site interview, I was interviewed by two senior directors, one who spoke arabic, and the other hebrew (I speak both languages). During my interviewes with them, they asked about my experience with BIDI programming, why do I want to join apple, what programmes did I write, whats is my favorit language, etc.

After it was confirmed, I was hired for a QA Engineer (contractor), after a week and a half on the job my boss came to me, and said that I was preforming very well, and I was offered a full time permanent position.

A few tips:
KNOW YOUR RESUME.
Know what QA means.
Know why do you want that position.
Know your goals in life.
Be ready for some criticism.
Show positive attitude.
and last but most important! DO NOT GET STRESSED!.

I honestly walked into the interview planning to do my best, but not expecting much. I was not stressed, I looked sharp, confident, composed, and I answered questions quickly. On the other hand, I saw another guy standing outside the building in which I interviewed, wearing a suit, SWEATING (it was not hot), he had flash cards, he did not look confident, etc. I have been at apple for 2 months now, and I did not see this guy around.

Interview Question – I was asked a few mySQL questions, which I did not expect to get asked. Other than that Objective C, C++, and C were fine. I was asked what was the hardest project I ever worked on, and as a community college (20 years old) kid, I did not have too many large projects to talk about haha.   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview Details – Know your resume. Be able to answer why you want to work for the company and where you see your self in 5 years.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Apple   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the project manager, scheduled for one hour but we spent one an half hour. I thought I did very well but at the end they went with another person. It was sad

Interview Question – Tell me about some technical staff? Could be anything you are good of.   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 3 phone screens and then a full day of in-person interviews in Cupertino. The whole process was very organised and the interviewers were professional, polite and well prepared. I could tell that Apple has specific procedures and formats for interviews because of the similarities in dialogue and the way interviews were conducted with different interviewers.

All of the technical coding questions followed the same general format. First, I was given a problem to solve and asked to write a short program or function to solve it. After, I was asked to demonstrate how the program works by using a specific example given by the interviewer. Finally, I was asked about the complexity of my solution. In many cases, I was given an opportunity to come up with another solution that would be more efficient than the original.

One more thing to note is that it is very important to have an accurate resume. This may seems obvious, but you will be asked questions based on the skills listed on your resume.

Interview Question – In C, write your own implementation of the atoi() function.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The recruiter asked for my input about salary expectations. When I informed them that I also has an offer from another company, Apple wanted to make sure that they were being competitive. In the end, the offer that I received was at the high end of the range that we had originally discussed.

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview Details – First, hiring manager asked 'why apple', and then ask a lot of weird questions. no behavioral questions.

Interview Question – how to test a toaster?   View Answers (2)

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview Details – After I passed a phone screen interview with one of the team members I was contacted to come in for an on site. I was interviewed by 8 SQA Engineers from the team that I would have been working with. They were grouped into 4 pairs of 2 each. A few days later I got a no from the recruiter. For what reason I have no idea as I aced the interview.

Interview Question – There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   View Answers (20)

Very Easy Interview

Cupertino, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in November 2009.

Interview Details – I don't know how the heck they found my resume. I had not even updated my resume in their website. Anyways I got an email from the Hiring recruiter and was followed up with a telephnic interview with the Hiring Manager. The Call went on for 12-15 minutes. The Interview was based neither on my resume and neither too much of technical. It was a general HR round.I was told by the Hiring Manager that the interview process would take about 2 weeks to about 2-3 months. I am still waiting for their response, although its been just 2 days since I gave the interview. All the best folks.!!

Questions:
1) Tell me abt urself
2) where do u see urself after 5 or 10 years in Apple
3) Few general things abt SAN and fibrechannel as my current job involves them.
4) do u use apple product and which is ur fav.?
5) any questions for me

Interview Question – 1) Tell me abt urself
2) where do u see urself after 5 or 10 years in Apple
3) Few general things abt SAN and fibrechannel as my current job involves them.
4) do u use apple product and which is ur fav.?
5) any questions for me
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple Software QA Engineer interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.