Apple

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Initially contacted via recruiter. I'm guessing due to iOS Objective-C skills. First interview phone interview with several of the engineers I would be working with if hired. They sounded pretty stressed or overworked but were still very nice over phone if somewhat direct and to the point questions. Really went out of their way even scheduling a 2nd phone interview due to crappy phone reception on my end.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know Perl or have any experience with it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

I was contacted by a university recruiter after applying through my university job board and was set up with a preliminary phone call. The interviewer called me and asked a few questions about my previous experience and projects but didn't seem to excited or interested in talking with me. I guess my previous experience didn't really line up with what the job required.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your computer mouse and what you like / dislike about it and how would you improve it.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Talk to a recruiter and set me up with a couple phone screens. First phone screen was fairly easy and simple. Second one was like the first. Didn't get passed the second phone screen because i forgot some of my fundamentals. Overall, the people were nice and easy to talk too.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just know your fundamentals as well as your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

So I found the ad on Craigslist SURPRISINGLY! for a QA Contractor at Apple. I am a student in community college so I did not expect to hear back from them, but to my surprise I got an email scheduling a phone call interview. During the phone call interview I was asked some QA questions, why do I like apple, what do I have to offer apple.

After the phone call interview, I got an email scheduling an on site interview in cupertino. The minute my interview started, the interviewer asked how was I apple to get the interview, because I am so young. I was asked some programming questions, questions about my programming history, and more problem solving, and QA testing questions. KNOW YOURE RESUME!. I was interviewed by 6 people during my on site interview.

Because I was also required to know either arabic, or hebrew for my position since I am a BIDI software QA. After the second on site interview, I was interviewed by two senior directors, one who spoke arabic, and the other hebrew (I speak both languages). During my interviewes with them, they asked about my experience with BIDI programming, why do I want to join apple, what programmes did I write, whats is my favorit language, etc.

After it was confirmed, I was hired for a QA Engineer (contractor), after a week and a half on the job my boss came to me, and said that I was preforming very well, and I was offered a full time permanent position.

A few tips:
    KNOW YOUR RESUME.
    Know what QA means.
    Know why do you want that position.
    Know your goals in life.
    Be ready for some criticism.
    Show positive attitude.
    and last but most important! DO NOT GET STRESSED!.

I honestly walked into the interview planning to do my best, but not expecting much. I was not stressed, I looked sharp, confident, composed, and I answered questions quickly. On the other hand, I saw another guy standing outside the building in which I interviewed, wearing a suit, SWEATING (it was not hot), he had flash cards, he did not look confident, etc. I have been at apple for 2 months now, and I did not see this guy around.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a few mySQL questions, which I did not expect to get asked. Other than that Objective C, C++, and C were fine. I was asked what was the hardest project I ever worked on, and as a community college (20 years old) kid, I did not have too many large projects to talk about haha.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2013.

Multiple rounds of short phone interviews, following by a full day on-site broken into 30 or 45 minute sessions with different interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Rather than give the actual question, let me just say that when you are asked coding questions be prepared for multiple follow-up questions. Typically, these came in the form of modifying some detail of the original premise for the question, and asking to explain the impact that the change would have on memory utilization, or running time performance, etc.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate. There seemed to be no flexibility on base salary (I may already be at the top of the range). But they did come back with an additional signing bonus of approximately 5% the base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in March 2012.

I had an interview with the project manager, scheduled for one hour but we spent one an half hour. I thought I did very well but at the end they went with another person. It was sad

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some technical staff? Could be anything you are good of.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Know your resume. Be able to answer why you want to work for the company and where you see your self in 5 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2011.

The interview process consisted of 3 phone screens and then a full day of in-person interviews in Cupertino. The whole process was very organised and the interviewers were professional, polite and well prepared. I could tell that Apple has specific procedures and formats for interviews because of the similarities in dialogue and the way interviews were conducted with different interviewers.

All of the technical coding questions followed the same general format. First, I was given a problem to solve and asked to write a short program or function to solve it. After, I was asked to demonstrate how the program works by using a specific example given by the interviewer. Finally, I was asked about the complexity of my solution. In many cases, I was given an opportunity to come up with another solution that would be more efficient than the original.

One more thing to note is that it is very important to have an accurate resume. This may seems obvious, but you will be asked questions based on the skills listed on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • In C, write your own implementation of the atoi() function.   View Answer
    The recruiter asked for my input about salary expectations. When I informed them that I also has an offer from another company, Apple wanted to make sure that they were being competitive. In the end, the offer that I received was at the high end of the range that we had originally discussed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in October 2010.

First, hiring manager asked 'why apple', and then ask a lot of weird questions. no behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in April 2010.

After I passed a phone screen interview with one of the team members I was contacted to come in for an on site. I was interviewed by 8 SQA Engineers from the team that I would have been working with. They were grouped into 4 pairs of 2 each. A few days later I got a no from the recruiter. For what reason I have no idea as I aced the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   View Answers (21)