Apple Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.8

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Talk to a recruiter and set me up with a couple phone screens. First phone screen was fairly easy and simple. Second one was like the first. Didn't get passed the second phone screen because i forgot some of my fundamentals. Overall, the people were nice and easy to talk too.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just know your fundamentals as well as your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I don't know how the heck they found my resume. I had not even updated my resume in their website. Anyways I got an email from the Hiring recruiter and was followed up with a telephnic interview with the Hiring Manager. The Call went on for 12-15 minutes. The Interview was based neither on my resume and neither too much of technical. It was a general HR round.I was told by the Hiring Manager that the interview process would take about 2 weeks to about 2-3 months. I am still waiting for their response, although its been just 2 days since I gave the interview. All the best folks.!! Questions: 1) Tell me abt urself 2) where do u see urself after 5 or 10 years in Apple 3) Few general things abt SAN and fibrechannel as my current job involves them. 4) do u use apple product and which is ur fav.? 5) any questions for me

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me abt urself 2) where do u see urself after 5 or 10 years in Apple 3) Few general things abt SAN and fibrechannel as my current job involves them. 4) do u use apple product and which is ur fav.? 5) any questions for me   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

After I passed a phone screen interview with one of the team members I was contacted to come in for an on site. I was interviewed by 8 SQA Engineers from the team that I would have been working with. They were grouped into 4 pairs of 2 each. A few days later I got a no from the recruiter. For what reason I have no idea as I aced the interview.

Interview Questions

• There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   25 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview

Asked a simple programming question, recieved the answer and told me I was too slow for what they wanted eventhough i'd been the only one to answer correctly and immediately

Interview Questions

• read in a string and output it backwards   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Couldn't believe I got an interview from a cold online submission - no inside contacts. Everyone was very cool and easygoing, including the hiring manager and HR folks. One 10-minute phone interview with HR, then two days of three 45-minute interviews each, with two people each. No behavioral or abstract logic questions, just job-related stuff (real and imaginary products). Nothing particularly tricky, and it was all conversational. Seemed like a great place to work, contrary to what I've heard from some folks, though I've also heard that that depends on the team or manager. All seemed happy, and they all clearly thought their product line was great. I got a 'no' after the 2nd round, but would try again in a second.

Interview Questions

• Every single interview started with "Why Apple? Why this group?"   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Head hunt via linkedin, send it CV and apple ireland set a 30 minutes sechduled phone interview. Interview was bit longer and there were 3 apple employees making it. Most of the questions were regarding info stated on my CV. Very detailed questions on what exactly did i mean with almost every bullet of my CV, explain and give examples. Somme questions regarding black box testing and some where regarding white box and automation testing. Also been asked what apple products do i use and own. The vacancy im applying is localization QA tester in Ireland.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two teams of Apple employees from different sides. One - the team you actually work for, and another team that is more technical. They ask you things based off your resume. They ask you more about what you are like then what you can do. So, while having set skills is important, it's much more important to come off as charismatic, interested, and passionate. They want the culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you test [your favorite app]?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You get what you ask for. They even give you more. Ask for more.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a university recruiter after applying through my university job board and was set up with a preliminary phone call. The interviewer called me and asked a few questions about my previous experience and projects but didn't seem to excited or interested in talking with me. I guess my previous experience didn't really line up with what the job required.

Interview Questions

• Describe your computer mouse and what you like / dislike about it and how would you improve it.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Initially contacted via recruiter. I'm guessing due to iOS Objective-C skills. First interview phone interview with several of the engineers I would be working with if hired. They sounded pretty stressed or overworked but were still very nice over phone if somewhat direct and to the point questions. Really went out of their way even scheduling a 2nd phone interview due to crappy phone reception on my end.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Perl or have any experience with it?   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2015.

Interview

This position was for recent graduates. First had an interview with HR. Had standard HR questions starting with why Apple? Next was the technical round. In technical, the questions were mainly focused on my understanding of image processing principles. How will you convert the colors image to gray scale? I also had some questions on scripting(Perl/Phython). Know your resume well.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Why engineering? Explain the projects you did?   Answer Question