Apple

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Software QA Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was well organized.
Was interviewed by 10-15 people across the organization.
Went smoothly

Interview Question – Why your GPS is low?   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview Details – After I passed a phone screen interview with one of the team members I was contacted to come in for an on site. I was interviewed by 8 SQA Engineers from the team that I would have been working with. They were grouped into 4 pairs of 2 each. A few days later I got a no from the recruiter. For what reason I have no idea as I aced the interview.

Interview Question – There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   View Answers (20)

Very Easy Interview

Cupertino, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in November 2009.

Interview Details – I don't know how the heck they found my resume. I had not even updated my resume in their website. Anyways I got an email from the Hiring recruiter and was followed up with a telephnic interview with the Hiring Manager. The Call went on for 12-15 minutes. The Interview was based neither on my resume and neither too much of technical. It was a general HR round.I was told by the Hiring Manager that the interview process would take about 2 weeks to about 2-3 months. I am still waiting for their response, although its been just 2 days since I gave the interview. All the best folks.!!

Questions:
1) Tell me abt urself
2) where do u see urself after 5 or 10 years in Apple
3) Few general things abt SAN and fibrechannel as my current job involves them.
4) do u use apple product and which is ur fav.?
5) any questions for me

Interview Question – 1) Tell me abt urself
2) where do u see urself after 5 or 10 years in Apple
3) Few general things abt SAN and fibrechannel as my current job involves them.
4) do u use apple product and which is ur fav.?
5) any questions for me
  Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in June 2009.

Interview Details – Couldn't believe I got an interview from a cold online submission - no inside contacts. Everyone was very cool and easygoing, including the hiring manager and HR folks. One 10-minute phone interview with HR, then two days of three 45-minute interviews each, with two people each. No behavioral or abstract logic questions, just job-related stuff (real and imaginary products). Nothing particularly tricky, and it was all conversational.

Seemed like a great place to work, contrary to what I've heard from some folks, though I've also heard that that depends on the team or manager. All seemed happy, and they all clearly thought their product line was great.

I got a 'no' after the 2nd round, but would try again in a second.

Interview Question – Every single interview started with "Why Apple? Why this group?"   View Answer