Apple Specialist Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Several stages in the interview process. Usually will meet with all the managers of the store, and potentially meet the market leader as well. They want to see how well you can hold a conversation and how confident you are. They're usually hiring year round, so apply online whenever a posting appears. Introduce yourself to the managers at the store as well. Just go in and say hi. Let them know you applied and just wanted to introduce yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a online recruiting website. I was emailed from Apple directly for an interview. I booked a date and time slot for my interview. The interview was one-on-one with an extremely professional and friendly Specialist.

Interview Questions

• - Basic questions about past work and educational history
      - What my reaction to different scenarios would be
      - How I work on a team
      - What kind of learner I am
      - Who my role model is
      - Lots about the Apple brand so know your stuff!

Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

First there was a group seminar. We were approximately 25 and we were the third group of the day of a 3 day event. I got there early. It was in a hotel. So each candidate arrived and I made sure to be social and not to stay with one group too long. I introduced myself to everyone as they arrived. Which lead to other following my steps. Once the doors open there were about 12 staff member ands they had a great song playing and all 12 employees were clapping and wooing. I had read from this website that was how they greeted you so I expected it. I was the first was to walk it with a big smile ensure that that I was social and approachable. This interview was more of an introduction of the company. The members went through a presentation of each job description and ensured that we understood the values and mission of the company. We had to present the person next to us to the group. We also were placed in team and to make a skit of a given situation how to approach the client and solve the problem. The seminar finished with each candidate filling an "application" choosing position, availabilities as well as desired store and knowledge of products.

The second interview was about a month and half later. It was at the store. I met with an assistant manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. Walking in I felt like I knew this guy for ages and we were good friend. The interview was comical and laid-back.

The third interview was 2 months later. I met with the manager. He explain that this interview was to ensure that connection between the candidate and the manager was good and that the expectations were similar. This interview, I thought was the most anxious because it was less friendly and more serious.

I got a call back a month later giving me a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that you are more proud of.   Answer Question
    • Sell me a product.   1 Answer
    • If I were to contact one of your old managers, what would they tell me your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

I received an e-mail inviting me to take part in a group hiring process.

There was around 25 people, and taking the advice of others here, I was my outgoing self and cracked some jokes as well as smiled A LOT and talked with the managers and people there, tried to be as friendly to the people I was interviewing with and the staff. I even remembered all their names. I thought I was the shiniest puppy there along with 2 others, and I know we stood out because some of the managers remembered our names. but I was surprised I didn't even make it past the first round.

Before heading in, you sign in with the managers or whatever, grab a name tag and when you do walk in, people started clapping.

So first they'll show you a bunch of videos basically an indoctrination of apple. You have to present and talk to the person next to you and introduce them to the group. It's basically a short fact presentation. Then they show you another video and asked you what surprised you. You have to be paying attention during this. Then they'll ask you to get into groups of 5 and ask you to discuss what makes Apple successful. They don't care about your answer, but they care about how you worked as a team. So they'll ask your team leaders how you guys talked, and how the team leader was chosen, who listened best.

After that you get an opportunity to ask questions and they tell you when you will be notified.

Overall, I have no concrete idea as to what it is they're looking for during this process. Managers are watching all the time, but as to how close I don't know. I just know that any questions they throw at you are nothing. What I would be more concerned about is how you act during this process.

Interview Questions

• (If you are team leader) In your team, who listened best?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

They hype you up with videos and a casual interview, then they don't bother emailing you back.

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite app.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple (London, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed, but a long process. You meet with all the managers in multiple group interviews. Sometimes it feels competitive in a group interview setting, because the next person would just add on to your answers, but overall everyone was very nice. Nothing extremely hard, just be yourself, as at the end of the day, the managers only want to get to know you. They will provide all the training as they do not expect you to have all the apple tech knowledge.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brossard, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Brossard, QC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

So I had been applying for about 5 months and do not get discouraged, my point is, keep submitting your application they'll take a look at it eventually.
    After that time they called me up and asked me to come in for my interview. At first the interview was in French and it was fairly straight forward, asking about past job experiences, why I'd want to work for Apple, what I'm particularly proud of and so on. Very generic background questions that are pretty much already described on your resume.

The second interview was with another manager, the exact same questions but this time it was done in English.

No problems if you're bilingual!

Interview Questions

• There are two questions: explain how you bettered a work environment before applying here at Apple.

Who is your favorite manager and why?

1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy they are amazing at Apple, very organized and structured towards the application process and negotiation. They are extremely open and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First a group interview and then 2-3 one on one interviews with managers

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

1. Applied online, and didn't hear anything for about a month and a half.
    2. Invited to a 'Hiring seminar' - this was a large group presentation and interview (about 60 people). Basically a test to see who has an interesting, outgoing personality.
    3. Two hours after the group interview, I was invited to a one-on-one interview with the store leader. As far as I can tell, they were trying to see if I have an understanding and interest in customer service and the right attitude, focus and passion to work there. They didn't mind, for example, that I barely used Apple products.
    4. Background check.
    5. Job offer over the phone.

This all happened in the space of about a week. But this varies a lot between stores, markets, times of the year etc, so don't take it too literally. I think mine was uncharacteristically easy because I got hired just before the holiday season when they were desperate to hire a huge number of people. (They hired about 60 people for my market of four stores alongside me.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing in your career or education you've been the most proud of. (This seems very specific to the Store Leader in question though).   1 Answer
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Can you cope with a hectic, intense work environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The attitude was very much 'take it or leave it'. The store leader phoned me and told me what position they'd hire me for, at what store, and what the wage was. I applied for full time Family Room Specialist, they gave me Part Time Specialist... They did, however, assign me to the store I put on the top of the preference list.

Perhaps I could have negotiated, but they definitely wouldn't have been very responsive to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Great place to work. The interview prices is very long. Recruiter phone call, interview with manager. They asked very general questions but the are looking for people that can relate to other customers. Technical knowledge is not as important as an outgoing personality

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None