Apple

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I received an e-mail inviting me to take part in a group hiring process.

There was around 25 people, and taking the advice of others here, I was my outgoing self and cracked some jokes as well as smiled A LOT and talked with the managers and people there, tried to be as friendly to the people I was interviewing with and the staff. I even remembered all their names. I thought I was the shiniest puppy there along with 2 others, and I know we stood out because some of the managers remembered our names. but I was surprised I didn't even make it past the first round.

Before heading in, you sign in with the managers or whatever, grab a name tag and when you do walk in, people started clapping.

So first they'll show you a bunch of videos basically an indoctrination of apple. You have to present and talk to the person next to you and introduce them to the group. It's basically a short fact presentation. Then they show you another video and asked you what surprised you. You have to be paying attention during this. Then they'll ask you to get into groups of 5 and ask you to discuss what makes Apple successful. They don't care about your answer, but they care about how you worked as a team. So they'll ask your team leaders how you guys talked, and how the team leader was chosen, who listened best.

After that you get an opportunity to ask questions and they tell you when you will be notified.

Overall, I have no concrete idea as to what it is they're looking for during this process. Managers are watching all the time, but as to how close I don't know. I just know that any questions they throw at you are nothing. What I would be more concerned about is how you act during this process.

Interview Questions
  • (If you are team leader) In your team, who listened best?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

They hype you up with videos and a casual interview, then they don't bother emailing you back.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brossard, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brossard, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

So I had been applying for about 5 months and do not get discouraged, my point is, keep submitting your application they'll take a look at it eventually.
    After that time they called me up and asked me to come in for my interview. At first the interview was in French and it was fairly straight forward, asking about past job experiences, why I'd want to work for Apple, what I'm particularly proud of and so on. Very generic background questions that are pretty much already described on your resume.

The second interview was with another manager, the exact same questions but this time it was done in English.

No problems if you're bilingual!

Interview Questions
    • There are two questions: explain how you bettered a work environment before applying here at Apple.

Who is your favorite manager and why?

View Answer
    The negotiation phase was easy they are amazing at Apple, very organized and structured towards the application process and negotiation. They are extremely open and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

First a group interview and then 2-3 one on one interviews with managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

1. Applied online, and didn't hear anything for about a month and a half.
    2. Invited to a 'Hiring seminar' - this was a large group presentation and interview (about 60 people). Basically a test to see who has an interesting, outgoing personality.
    3. Two hours after the group interview, I was invited to a one-on-one interview with the store leader. As far as I can tell, they were trying to see if I have an understanding and interest in customer service and the right attitude, focus and passion to work there. They didn't mind, for example, that I barely used Apple products.
    4. Background check.
    5. Job offer over the phone.

This all happened in the space of about a week. But this varies a lot between stores, markets, times of the year etc, so don't take it too literally. I think mine was uncharacteristically easy because I got hired just before the holiday season when they were desperate to hire a huge number of people. (They hired about 60 people for my market of four stores alongside me.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one thing in your career or education you've been the most proud of. (This seems very specific to the Store Leader in question though).   View Answer
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Can you cope with a hectic, intense work environment?   Answer Question
    The attitude was very much 'take it or leave it'. The store leader phoned me and told me what position they'd hire me for, at what store, and what the wage was. I applied for full time Family Room Specialist, they gave me Part Time Specialist... They did, however, assign me to the store I put on the top of the preference list.

Perhaps I could have negotiated, but they definitely wouldn't have been very responsive to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Great place to work. The interview prices is very long. Recruiter phone call, interview with manager. They asked very general questions but the are looking for people that can relate to other customers. Technical knowledge is not as important as an outgoing personality

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2012.

The interview process took longer then usual as I applied abroad before arriving in the country I was moving to. I had an online interview with Apple HR, followed by 2 more with store managers. Upon arrival in the country, I had another 2 more in person meetings and heard a few days later I got the job from HR.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in May 2012.

I applied online via the apple website when I first heard the position was opening in Feb/March. I received an email from a recruiter asking me when I was available for a phone interview. A few days later I was told no phone interview, that I would be notified in April of a seminar. End of April, I receive a notification to sign up for a seminar. Looks like they were doing 3 days of seminars with about 3 seminars each day, about 30 people in each one. I showed up to the seminar, all very friendly. It was a great presentation that made you want to work there more. You had to introduce the person next to you...They asked a lot of questions like what can do you do with these items.. etc.. I answered as many questions as possible. We split up into groups of about 5 with an Apple employee.. they asked questions about situations and ended with you trying to act our a scene/situation. I stayed for a bit to tell them how I enjoyed the seminar. That night I received an email saying I've made it to the next stage. 2 days later I had a one on one interview with 2 Apple employees. They asked why you want to work for Apple.. and situation questions. My interview was towards the end of the day and they seemed like they were running out of questions. I made it very clear I wanted to work for apple and how passionate I am. I talked a lot about my previous customer service experience. I was very high energy and enthusiastic. I thought the interview went well but I knew it's such a competitive job. 2 days later I received an email saying they have gone ahead with other candidates. I was very disappointed. I hope to try to apply again. I have noticed that there are still posting for the job on the Apple website and they were not able to tell us when the Apple store would open in Masonville mall. I will try again!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Apple?   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time you've experienced great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in July 2010.

I applied online at the Apple website, and soon after I received an e-mail asking me to attend a hiring seminar. At the seminar the atmosphere was very casual and inviting, but this was only to make you feel relaxed even though every "supervisor" there was vigilant with clipboards. They played several videos telling you about the positions, the company and the stores that you will be working for, and followed up with questions to help the information sink in. Then we split up into groups and had problem solving scenarios, all the mean while being under watch. The work culture seems very distinct, they are not here to hire an employee they are here to hire a teammate, somebody that will integrate well with the products and other employees. At least that was the feeling they gave me, they emphasized team work and coherence and relying on each other, but you must also be individually strong as well.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in June 2010.

I applied for a job at Apple online, about a month later i got an email from the human resources manger at my local retail Apple store inviting me to take part in a recruitment seminar. When i got to the store around 30 min early, i was the first one there and had asked to fill out a from which tested your knowledge of Apple products and asked you to fill in some personal information. The seminar was fun, and was informal. Next day i got a call from Apple asking me to take part in a second interview with 2 managers.