Apple

Average Difficulty
374 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – An employee submitted a referral for me with my resume many months ago. I got a call in early June for an interview, which totally surprised me! The interview was at my local Apple store and there was a group of about 10 applicants. There were two employees who explained everything about the process, talked about the company and roles and basically just discussed how everything would go. We were given a sheet of paper where you put availability, store preference, roles, and any other comments. They divided us into 2 groups for the actual interview part. The interviewer had an iPad and she just chose random questions and we answered by raising our hands in no particular order. Questions were about customer service experience, how you handled difficult situations, how you handled criticism from a boss, etc. Typical questions. We turned in the papers and they said they would contact us soon. I got a call the next day for another interview the following day. This interview was one-on-one and he asked the same kind of questions as before. Nothing difficult at all. It was extremely casual, we were just sitting outside talking. He told me to come back in a couple days for another interview with his boss. That interview was supposed to be a group interview, but the other applicant was late, so he started without them. It was the same customer service questions, really easy. Make sure you have questions to ask your interviewers at the end. After this interview, he told me his boss was out of town, but I'd get a call the following week to schedule it. This was where the process kind of stalled. About a week later, I got a call to schedule the interview, but the time didn't work for me. I played phone tag with the scheduler until she finally called me back a few days later with a time that worked for everyone and the interview was for the next week. The final interview was with the store leader, essentially the district manager, who gives the final say. It was me and one other candidate at this interview. He talked about himself and asked the usual questions. At the end, he said we could hear from that coming Monday. I waited until Monday and heard nothing. I got an e-mail on Sunday evening asking me to apply for the position online (I never did because I got an employee referral). About a week after this e-mail, I finally got a call with an offer! They asked me about my salary history, which was small because I had only 2 jobs before. They made a verbal offer and I accepted! You will get an e-mail to do a background check after this before you go any further. I think my interview process took longer because of managers being out-of-town and some employees were being changed around, but overall it was easy and fun.

Interview Question – Most questions were about handling difficult customers, receiving feedback from managers, and just general customer service experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked my salary history and offered me something similar to my last job. Very good pay.

Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – It took a while before I heard anything back from my online application. Once I heard back from them I received an email inviting me to a group hiring event. I arrived at the event with apx. 15 other people. They played music and clapped for us as we entered the store. They broke us up into small groups around tables. They had us interview the person across from us while they observed us. After each person had interviewed their neighbor we were told to introduce that person to the group. Following that we watched some apple promo videos and had a discussion time with the group at large. They then broke us up into groups of 3/4 and we conferred on a group discussion question. They then asked for us to choose one person to represent the group. They then asked us questions about how our group operated and did not care as much about what was said as much as how we functioned. We concluded the evening by passing around an iPad with standard job interview questions on it for each of us to answer in turn.

After the group interview I went on to have interviews with a manager, store manager, and district manager. These interviews were very similar. They try to make it more of a conversation then a normal interview.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. They are looking for a certain type of person, so they ask questions to know how you think and react.   Answer Question

Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got contacted about a week after I applied. First step was a group interview where 6 of us sat a table and answered a question we were asked one by one. The group interview was pretty easy as long as you are not quiet and have a lot to say. After the first interview I was given the opportunity to go in for a second interview.

Interview Question – What is your favorite thing to do during a snow storm?   View Answer

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email from a random Apple email address about being invited to their 'Apple Retail Hiring Event'. The interview was the typical group interview. Thought I spoke quite frequently and answered all the questions correctly (a lot of people ignored the questions and just talked up the Apple Products). Then went into a small group interview where my group had to answer questions. My group was all very eager to speak which got a little difficult. Two people interviewing the group seemed uninterested in what we were having to say. Left the interview feeling I did the best that I could, but unfortunately I did not get the position. Overall It was a good experience.

Interview Question – What's your favorite electronic device that's not an apple product?   Answer Question

Gilbert, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – Went through four interviews before finding out that I got the job. There was a large group interview, and then three more rounds to pass before making it. Most thorough interview process I've ever done.

Interview Question – Give us an example of the most difficult technological program you've ever had to solve.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

Interview Details – Invited to a hiring event at local Apple store. Arrived with ~30 other people and ~10 Apple employees. Walked into store as the employees cheered - felt like a product launch. All sat and watched a presentation on Apple as a company and the group was asked a few basic questions. Then were broken up into smaller groups of 8-10 and participated in a round-robin style question-game thing with the questions primarily focusing on customer service experiences. You had a fairly short time to answer your question, and the answers to these questions aren't ones that you have on the tip of your tongue.

Interview Question – Name a time you went about approaching a task differently than the rest of the group but you came out ahead.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – be punctual detailed and yourself. They love individuality and people people. Also long as you can commit yourself and not seem robotic. smile and enjoy life this place is for you.

Interview Question – describing your favorite app   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and had no contact for 2 months,Then I got a call and did a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes, was told I would get a call back in the next day or two, they ended up calling me two hours later to schedule a face to face interview with the manager of that store. Then had another one with the regional manager.

Interview Question – Say a customer needed help between an iPad and a Macbook Air, how would you differentiate between the two?   Answer Question

Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of 2 interviews: first, an individual interview with the store lead and the business team manager, and second, a group interview(1 to 2 other applicants) with the regional manager. They'll ask you various questions about how you would handle certain scenarios ranging from dealing with angry customers to resolving internal disputes with other employees.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. They are just looking for people with strong communication skills and experience in customer relations. Be sure to show high enthusiasm and demonstrate competent knowledge and experience with their products.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was first called in for a Hiring Event where we had about 20+ candidates, there was I was asked to come in for two more interview, one with store leader and second one with the market leader. It was an awesome experience. No pressure.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple Specialist interview questions and advice. All 374 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.