Apple Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

399 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online, I received an email inviting me to the Hiring event. The earlier reviews are pretty much dead on. There were about 30 individuals. The team introduced themselves, they were representatives from the 6 stores around town. After that, we were asked to introduce ourselves one by one, we were asked to say our names and a fun fact. Then they had a presentation showcasing the stores and the many positions, after each video, they asked questions, all the representatives (except for the presenter) are in the back taking notes and about the people answering the questions. Then they broke us into groups of 4-5 people. Then the representative passes an iPad each person takes a turn answering a question and passes it to the next, they're mostly behavioral questions though I got a technical as well (not relating to apple products). Each of us answered 3 questions each. At the end representative asked a general question and each took turns answering it. Then you get a chance to ask the representative a question. Then the groups break up and return to the previous setting, a representative gives the closing statements and then we were dismissed.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

Was referred by another employee, dropped off a resume to a senior manager at my nearest apple store. We spoke in the store for about 15 minutes and he took my resume. Told me that I would be notified of a hiring event. About a month later I received a call from him asking if I was available for an in-store interview with a team leader and the senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • "What was the biggest challenge at your previous job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online and then had a quick 20 minute phone interview about my background and why I wanted to work for Apple. I was invited to an in-store hiring event with 50 other people. First, we watched videos and learned more about the company. Then, we were split up into groups of 9 and answered prompted questions with an iPad (basically all of the questions are situational) I talked maybe 3-4 in the 2 hour hiring event, but was asked back for another interview. Like other people have said before me, they are looking for a type of person. The managers will tell you straight-up that they are looking for nice, intelligent people. Show them that you are relatable and can get along with almost anyone AND show them that you are paying attention to the people in your group. For the final interview, I was 1 of 4 interviewees. Again, we were asked more situational questions. The same day as my final interview, I was emailed that I needed to complete my Apple application. The next day after that I received an email from HireRight telling me that I was in the offer letter stage for Apple and they needed to do a background check. I was called 4-5 days later with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

The salary was great but I couldn't give the availability they wanted. They needed me to be available all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

Specialist Interview

All online application— very straightforward and to the point but friendly format. It is optional to submit a resume, but not required. They ask simple questions to learn more about you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

I was able to be referred by a current employee, and about 3 weeks later was emailed about coming in for a Hiring Seminar the following week. The seminar had 20 people. It was actually quite fun, it was mostly about seeing what everyone's personality was like and answering standard interview questions in a small group of 5 that was passed around on an iPad. The seminar only lasted 90 minutes, and I thought it went quite well, as I noticed a couple employees throughout the session watching me as a spoke in the small group. But unfortunately, three days later I received an email telling me I had been rejected. I will keep applying for other positions, hopefully they will give me another shot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a technical issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

For the retail division in the Hawaii market, applicants must go through a group hiring seminar. Applicants are constantly monitored and judged throughout the interview duration from arrival to departure. The next stage is an interview panel with a couple of managers. After that is another interview with the store manager and possibly another after that is an interview with the market manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you overcame great adversity.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Been through the interview process a few time with two different markets. I've been to three hiring seminars, big groups often held in a hotel ballroom. Everyone introduces themselves, they show a presentation, and then break into groups. They look for those who stand out and have knowledge of the company. During the group interview is when they ask more customer service based questions that involve Apple products. I believe this is where you can shine the most if you're well versed with Apple products. Every time I went to a hiring seminar I got a callback for a store interview. The callbacks depend on the store, I always received mine within 24 hours of the seminar. If you make it past the first store interview there's still a few more interviews to go through before you get to the offer. I've made it far, but never got to the last interview before the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a someone above you and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

I was actually surprised i got an invitation because I had applied several months in the past and i got the invitation through my email. By this time I had already found a job. Anyways the hiring seminar was basically the same as other people's reviews. In total there were 25 applicants there. Once they invite everyone inside the room, the apple employees start clapping as you walk in. Then they show their video presentation. It was basically showing off the Apple culture. Afterwards they break up everyone into groups and an apple employee gets assigned to a group. Then an iPad gets passed to an applicant. The applicant then reads off the question and his answer out loud to everyone in the group. The iPad gets passed along the group until one of the employees ends it. I did not make it to the second interview. I hear there is at least 3-4 interviews that you have to go just to get into an entry position. (which is kind of a lot in my opinion.) But even one of the employees said in the end to not feel discouraged if you don't make it to the second interview because it took him several tries.

I hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why would you fit well with Apple?
      2. What was an achievement that you received that others had trouble receiving?
      These are some of the questions I got.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Whole process took just shy of 4 weeks, from the time I submitted my application to job offer. I was invited for an interview about 3 days after I submitting the job application. First interview was as a group and it can range from 3 to 5 other individuals total including myself. Questions asked were fairly typical, mostly behavioral questions on how you deal with customers and some technical ones, like your favorite Apple product. Interview lasted 1 hour. Was offered a 2nd interview through email later in the day. Second interview was a one on one with a store leader. Very quick, lasted maybe 15 minutes. Again, behavioral questions and past customer service experiences. Was invited to a third interview a few days later. It was a 1 on 2, store manager and store leader. Very quick again, maybe 10 minutes at the most. Was offered the position after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time where you did not satisfy a customer's needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

This position took me 7 years of countless rejections from Apple to finally receive an offer, and I'm excited to finally share the story with you.

When I received the first email of being invited to interview with Apple I was not expecting it whatsoever, because it had been well over a year since I had updated any of my profile information. I was excited nonetheless! The email included a link of the interview schedule and I was able to select an interview date that was best for me. When I arrived at the interview I was greeted by 2 others applying for the same position, a Store Manager and a Business Leader. The interview consisted of scenario and behavioral type questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The interview lasted about an hour and at the end we were told we'd receive a response within a week. I received an email response in 3 days with an invitation for a second interview!

The second group interview was very similar to the first, but instead of interviewing with two managers it was with one Store Leader. Same questions and process. Got an email response the same day with an invitation for the final interview!

The third and final group interview was a bit different from the first two, but in a good way! The interview only lasted about 45 minutes and was completely relaxed. I interviewed with the Market Leader and a different Store Leader, and neither one even mentioned anything about my resume. Instead, they tried to connect with me in a personal level and asked about my passions and views on Apple. I interviewed on a Friday and got a callback that Monday afternoon with an offer!

The best advice I can give when interviewing with Apple is to always stay positive when giving a response back to an interview question. Be direct and articulate your words, and make it fun! It took me over 15 separate interview attempts and a very long time to finally receive an offer. Don't let rejections stop you from pursing Apple if it's something you truly want to experience.