Apple Specialist Interview Questions

2.9

391 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Friendswood, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

This position took me 7 years of countless rejections from Apple to finally receive an offer, and I'm excited to finally share the story with you.

When I received the first email of being invited to interview with Apple I was not expecting it whatsoever, because it had been well over a year since I had updated any of my profile information. I was excited nonetheless! The email included a link of the interview schedule and I was able to select an interview date that was best for me. When I arrived at the interview I was greeted by 2 others applying for the same position, a Store Manager and a Business Leader. The interview consisted of scenario and behavioral type questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The interview lasted about an hour and at the end we were told we'd receive a response within a week. I received an email response in 3 days with an invitation for a second interview!

The second group interview was very similar to the first, but instead of interviewing with two managers it was with one Store Leader. Same questions and process. Got an email response the same day with an invitation for the final interview!

The third and final group interview was a bit different from the first two, but in a good way! The interview only lasted about 45 minutes and was completely relaxed. I interviewed with the Market Leader and a different Store Leader, and neither one even mentioned anything about my resume. Instead, they tried to connect with me in a personal level and asked about my passions and views on Apple. I interviewed on a Friday and got a callback that Monday afternoon with an offer!

The best advice I can give when interviewing with Apple is to always stay positive when giving a response back to an interview question. Be direct and articulate your words, and make it fun! It took me over 15 separate interview attempts and a very long time to finally receive an offer. Don't let rejections stop you from pursing Apple if it's something you truly want to experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple.

I was able to be referred by a current employee, and about 3 weeks later was emailed about coming in for a Hiring Seminar the following week. The seminar had 20 people. It was actually quite fun, it was mostly about seeing what everyone's personality was like and answering standard interview questions in a small group of 5 that was passed around on an iPad. The seminar only lasted 90 minutes, and I thought it went quite well, as I noticed a couple employees throughout the session watching me as a spoke in the small group. But unfortunately, three days later I received an email telling me I had been rejected. I will keep applying for other positions, hopefully they will give me another shot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a technical issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

For the retail division in the Hawaii market, applicants must go through a group hiring seminar. Applicants are constantly monitored and judged throughout the interview duration from arrival to departure. The next stage is an interview panel with a couple of managers. After that is another interview with the store manager and possibly another after that is an interview with the market manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you overcame great adversity.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

The interview was quite interesting. More about sharing experiences, like how you did your job right/wrong. The first interview is most likely to be a group interview, so try to mingle with others when you arrive. And try think of some good questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • The interview may be difficult for those who have no experience in retail industry   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Apple.

Been through the interview process a few time with two different markets. I've been to three hiring seminars, big groups often held in a hotel ballroom. Everyone introduces themselves, they show a presentation, and then break into groups. They look for those who stand out and have knowledge of the company. During the group interview is when they ask more customer service based questions that involve Apple products. I believe this is where you can shine the most if you're well versed with Apple products. Every time I went to a hiring seminar I got a callback for a store interview. The callbacks depend on the store, I always received mine within 24 hours of the seminar. If you make it past the first store interview there's still a few more interviews to go through before you get to the offer. I've made it far, but never got to the last interview before the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a someone above you and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

I applied to work at the Apple Retail store when there was rumors of a new store opening in my area in 2010. Going through Apple's career site in January of that year, a posting appeared for the rumored store, I applied. Months went by, no response until suddenly in May I received an email from a recruiter. She notified me that they were looking to hire for the new store, and other stores in the area, and they would like me to come in for a group interview. I responded quickly and chose to do the first group interview for on a Sunday morning.

The group interview involved about 30 applicants. It started with us meeting each other and telling the group about each other based on our discussions. We watched some videos about Apple retail, and were asked about our thoughts and opinions on them. In addition, we had a large group discussion about what makes Apple stand out from other tech companies and retailers. After these discussions, we broke up into small groups of five to discuss customer scenarios. Our group had to find the best solution for a young teenager who liked to make home movies, and was thinking about taking summer classes for it at a community college. To be honest, I never really used a Mac before. I had an iPod, that was about it. However, studying computer engineering in college I knew a lot about hardware. While discussing with my group, they knew all the software packages so they told me what the programs could do and downfalls they had with running bigger movie projects, and from that I was able to tell what hardware she would need. The idea of the project was to work in a team to create a solution for a customer, to know your resources since no one person can know everything. I remember seeing the manager of the new store sitting and watching us, and smiling because a lot of our responses were off the wall ideas that actually made the solution better.

I received a call after a hour requesting an interview with the head manager for two days later. I arrived at the interview, and noticed others from my group interview. An interviewer came out and greeted us one by one, I was the last one sitting in the hotel lobby. Then the manager comes out, shakes my hand, notifies me there aren't any rooms left so we would do it in the hotel lobby. We went through some basic questions about why did I want to work at Apple, what experiences previously did I have that could benefit (in my case I worked all technical jobs and no retail experience). The last question the manager had for me was, "With you being a computer engineer, I know I could have an electrical engineer come in and you could discuss everything down to the silicon with him. However, say my grandmother comes in and wants help, walk me through it and give me examples." We went through a discussion, using metaphors, examples, etc. To be honest, it was kind of fun. My favorite part about this interview though was when it was my turn to ask questions, he answered honestly and genuinely. Within 24 hours I received a call with a job offer as a sales Specialist.

-----------------------------
    I worked in Apple Retail for a little over four years, I only left because of a job opportunity within my old University. However, I did move up a few positions in the process. I went from a sales Specialist, to a Family Room Specialist (mobile support and customer training), to a Genius/Mentor (technician/employee trainer and developer). The interviews for all the positions are the same, except minor tweaks because as you move up the team looks to you more for leadership and knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What makes a team important in retail sales?   View Answer
    I was offered what looked like a pretty good pay at the time based on my current job (I had a desk position as a student employee). However, at the time even if I wanted to negotiate they would not budge (as I experienced with other coworkers). When I received my last promotion, I tried to negotiate for a slight bit more per hour. I used my experiences in retail, my leadership that came up in every 6 week and year review, my knowledge as a trainer for bother customers and employees, my very strong technical knowledge, however they would not budge. After a couple of days of back and forth, we settled on the initial offer (it was a pretty good increase on its own from my previous pay scale).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Whole process took just shy of 4 weeks, from the time I submitted my application to job offer. I was invited for an interview about 3 days after I submitting the job application. First interview was as a group and it can range from 3 to 5 other individuals total including myself. Questions asked were fairly typical, mostly behavioral questions on how you deal with customers and some technical ones, like your favorite Apple product. Interview lasted 1 hour. Was offered a 2nd interview through email later in the day. Second interview was a one on one with a store leader. Very quick, lasted maybe 15 minutes. Again, behavioral questions and past customer service experiences. Was invited to a third interview a few days later. It was a 1 on 2, store manager and store leader. Very quick again, maybe 10 minutes at the most. Was offered the position after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time where you did not satisfy a customer's needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

I applied at the Apple's career website using my Apple's id and following instructions such as: answering questions, submitting resumes, adding skills and experiences... Nevertheless, I received an e-mail; giving me the opportunity to follow up for an interview. The interview was hosted with a group of 5 candidates. Therefore, we were all asked a couple of easy questions to determine how we would handle our customers; how can we help our customers; and how our personality reflect to all of that; how Apple products changes our lives.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the biggest challenge working with a customer/or at Apple?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

This was my third time around in through the hiring events. The first I made it through group and 1 interview. Second I did not get elected for a one on one interview. The most recent event was a group of about 15 which made me very confident because the other groups were 70+. One weird thing is that the event was at a store about 30 miles from my house when the store I applied to is about 8 but they assured me it was for the closer store. When I was called for the hiring event I had a short phone interview just asking a couple easy questions about job history and why I want to work for Apple. During the group stage it was fairly easy to stand out and see what kind of person they were looking for. The group interview is about 1hr and has presentations and pass and go questions. Just try and be honest and show that you listen well and smile! That night I was called for an interview the next day and I accepted. I showed up early as always and they let me know I was the first of the day so I waited till two guys came out and we went outside and spoke a bit about situational problems and how I resolved them. They were both very nice and easy to connect with and they let me know that some one would get back to me in about a week to let me know if I did or did not get the job. The interview was mostly composed of situational questions again and the occasional tangent here and there. This was one of the most nerve racking steps because I did not hear anything back for about two weeks. After sending a thank you email the day after the interview and a touch base email a week and a half after not hearing back, I was finally called back. The manager called me again to offer another interview. The interview took place a couple days after and this time it was just a one on one with a very nice lady. Again the interview consisted of situational questions and they seemed to overlap some of the other ones I had before but I did not mind. She let me know again after the interview that someone would get back to me by the end of the week(I interviewed on Tuesday). Again it took a while more to hear back, after being glued to my phone till the end of the week I received an e mail on Tuesday of the next week asking me to fill out the rest of my application. I did not want to get too exited at this point so I filled it out immediately and e mailed the manager that I did so. The very next day in the morning I got a call and he made me and offer over the phone, and I very happily accepted! He let me know that the offer was pending a clean background check. About a week after I was called back saying everything looked good and I just needed to go to the store to fill out some paperwork. Training starts in about 3 weeks and I could not be any happier to start with a company! The whole process took about 1+ month.

Interview Questions
    • How Did you deal with an irate customer and turn the situation around?   View Answer
    The offer was very good I did not feel I had to negotiate because I was very satisfied with the initial offer.

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

An employee submitted a referral for me with my resume many months ago. I got a call in early June for an interview, which totally surprised me! The interview was at my local Apple store and there was a group of about 10 applicants. There were two employees who explained everything about the process, talked about the company and roles and basically just discussed how everything would go. We were given a sheet of paper where you put availability, store preference, roles, and any other comments. They divided us into 2 groups for the actual interview part. The interviewer had an iPad and she just chose random questions and we answered by raising our hands in no particular order. Questions were about customer service experience, how you handled difficult situations, how you handled criticism from a boss, etc. Typical questions. We turned in the papers and they said they would contact us soon. I got a call the next day for another interview the following day. This interview was one-on-one and he asked the same kind of questions as before. Nothing difficult at all. It was extremely casual, we were just sitting outside talking. He told me to come back in a couple days for another interview with his boss. That interview was supposed to be a group interview, but the other applicant was late, so he started without them. It was the same customer service questions, really easy. Make sure you have questions to ask your interviewers at the end. After this interview, he told me his boss was out of town, but I'd get a call the following week to schedule it. This was where the process kind of stalled. About a week later, I got a call to schedule the interview, but the time didn't work for me. I played phone tag with the scheduler until she finally called me back a few days later with a time that worked for everyone and the interview was for the next week. The final interview was with the store leader, essentially the district manager, who gives the final say. It was me and one other candidate at this interview. He talked about himself and asked the usual questions. At the end, he said we could hear from that coming Monday. I waited until Monday and heard nothing. I got an e-mail on Sunday evening asking me to apply for the position online (I never did because I got an employee referral). About a week after this e-mail, I finally got a call with an offer! They asked me about my salary history, which was small because I had only 2 jobs before. They made a verbal offer and I accepted! You will get an e-mail to do a background check after this before you go any further. I think my interview process took longer because of managers being out-of-town and some employees were being changed around, but overall it was easy and fun.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were about handling difficult customers, receiving feedback from managers, and just general customer service experience.   Answer Question
    Asked my salary history and offered me something similar to my last job. Very good pay.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!