Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Hiring process took about 3 weeks after applying online. It was pretty straightforward, an in person interview and a phone interview after which I was given an offer. The interviewer were very friendly and the dress code was business casuals. The interview was conducted by a store manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

I applied online. The process was very tedious but I think it just depends on the store's situation. I attended a Hiring Event 2.5 weeks after applying. It consisted of about 30 other applicants. The store leaders show a power point, they do some ice breaker activities, and answer any questions anyone has. They break you into groups and you answer standard interview questions among the other applicants in your group. The store leaders walk around and observe. At the end they explained the next steps to the process. Basically an email stating you didn't get it but to keep trying or a phone call inviting you to the next step. Two weeks later I was invited to an interview with a store manager and two other applicants. This was easy peasy as long as you're comfortable and well spoken. For me, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Two weeks later I was invited back for a group interview with a store leader, a market leader, and the same two applicants from the previous interview. As far as I know, the interview with the market leader is typically the final interview. Again, it seemed more like a conversation. Almost a month later, I received an invitation to come talk with the store leader of the Apple Store that I wanted to work at. A few days later I was offered a position over the phone. I think mostly everyone starts as a specialist. If you're reading this and are waiting to hear back from an interview, I would say that no news is good news. The entire process from beginning to end took two months for me. Be patient, they're ruling out less interested applicants.

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

After applying online, I was lucky and heard within a couple weeks that I was invited to a hiring event. Word of caution. I was so excited and clicked the RSVP link, which took me to a strange looking page that stated with odd grammar, "This is invitation only event." Long story short, I couldn't RSVP and found others had experienced this as well and were advised that it was a phishing email. I had hastily and regrettably replied to said email with my issue. Darn, they got me. THEN, the next day I got a reply from a single lowercase first name (say, "tina") that I hadn't used the correct Apple ID. Was it legit? Evidently I had two IDs? It all worked out, but if this happens to you, simply call the store or reply to the email and you will hear back from a real person. Yea!

PHASE ONE: The famed "Apple Hiring Event" was really fun! We had a small group of 18 interesting, diverse people who all seemed personable. They asked everyone for a brief intro and to describe his or her passion. We watched 3 videos and they asked for reactions after each, so I spoke up as much as possible. We broke into groups of 4 and passed around the iPod with each person answering an open-ended question such as "Describe a time when you exceeded your own expectations at a job." The five Apple people conducting the event were upbeat but not fake; i.e, none of the overwhelming clapping I'd read about, thank goodness.

PHASE TWO: Met with two Store Managers at the location where I might be working. I ran into a fellow hiring event applicant while waiting, so they interviewed us together, and that took pressure off. It was another relaxed yet energized interview with more open-ended questions: Why Apple? Why here? Describe a humbling experience. Describe a difficult person. Ended nicely and we both felt good about it.

PHASE THREE: Met with Store Leader and Market Leader, the two head honchos. Similar format with more open-ended questions, but they were looking a my resume the whole time, and indicated they'd often heard "I like Apple products" but were looking reasons beyond that for wanting to work there. Very cordial, professional, and in all phases, they ask if you have questions for them (HAVE some ready). I asked about upward mobility and they explained that the corporate structure was not a ladder but rather a spider web where folks are moved around according to aptitude, performance and desire to cross-train, so in other words a very individualized development plan.

Keeping fingers crossed and should hear either way in a couple days.

Interview Questions
    • What is something unique about you, professionally.   View Answer

Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

5 interviews. Each interview is similar. Mangers are getting to know you and you just be yourself. Sometimes they will ask about your work experience. But more they ask about is your whole experience and insights.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

A school colleague of mine put in a recommendation for me as I applied online. I was contacted for a series of 2 interviews (1-1, then an interview with one manager, myself and another applicant) over the course of three months, and then "put on hold" until a position opened up for at the store that wanted me to work there. When a position was finally available, about 9 months after originally applying, I had an interview with the market leader, and was presented with an offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Base pay for Specialists is consistent at this location, I did not negotiate for more pay.

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

three to four interviews. They don't care how much you know about know about the product, the interview is looking for personality. The first interview is a large group interview of 30 or so. They pick their favorites and go from there.

Interview Questions
    • there really wasn't a difficult question. Example: What was the most difficult work experience you encountered and how did you over come it?   View Answer
    none. This was retail.

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied through my reference by sending a resume and paragraph of interest. I had three group interviews and the first one was a hiring event with 60 people attending. Being enthusiastic and listening well will get you far.

I took the first offer.

Specialist Interview

really fun hiring event! be yourself! you'll be put in groups so try to stand out as much as possible. This was my 2nd time around so I knew what to expect. Be as friendly and energetic as you possibly can all the while still remaining genuine!

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

The entire process took about two months i applied in mid November of 2014 and completely thought they are not going to respond but the second week in January of 2015 i got an e-mail asking to meet someone at Apple to interview about possible career opportunities. The woman that interviewed me was extremely nice, she was friendly and they want to make you as comfortable as possible they know that interviews can make you a nervous wreck. She began to tell me about herself a little bit and how long she had been with Apple which was really helpful to ease the nerves. I was asked three questions. I was asked to tell a little bit about myself and why i wanted to work for Apple. The woman asked for an example in my previous job when i learned to better my self as an employee and what i took from the experience. The last question was a time when I had differences with a co-woker and how I handled it. Overall I think the interview went well and it was only thirty minutes but they have hundreds of people applying for the job. i did ask a few questions myself to show my interest in the job and the woman who interviewed me seemed to really appreciate it. Two days later i got my response and unfortunately i did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • My hardest question had to have been about when I came across a rough patch in my previous job and what I learned about it, the reason being was the woman seemed like she wanted a more detailed explanation about my experience which caught me off guard i wasn't expecting to go more into detail.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

9 interviews - phone, group, and in person 1 on 1. I would say - just read through all the reviews on glassdoor, be passionate and channel the guy at the front of the apple store. Think of him/her - be him/her.

N/A