Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event. Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes. Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after. Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview. Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call. In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone! I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied in mid June of 2015 and heard back around mid July 2015 with an email inviting me to a "Hiring Event" which occurred at the Apple store that I was applying too. There was about 15 of us when I got there. Basic group interview. They show you some videos explaining what it's like to work there and give brief introduction. After that everyone else gives a brief description. Once that was done, we split into two groups. The business leader was in my group and passed around an iPad which contained your normal interview questions. After everyone answered, he asked one final question to everyone, then the two groups met again. The Apple employee's asked us if we had any questions (definitely ask some) and then we handed in our resumes with a completed form (which you are asked to fill out. It contains your availability, locations you want to work out, and what Apple products that I have used.) They didn't say whether we would here back or not. About a week passed and I got call asking if I can come back in for a second interview with the market leader. Once that time came, she actually couldn't make it so ended up being myself with a business leader and hiring manager. They asked your typical interview questions. I brought up a lot of experiences with my previous job and it was pretty simple. They then said I would hear back from them within a week on whether or nor I was going to the next round. I got called then again exactly a week later asking to see if I can come in a week from then to finally meet with the market leader. Once that came up, I actually recognized people from the original group interview there. There was actually 5 of us (including me) all meeting up to talk to the market leader for the final interview. This one definitely felt more like a conversation than an interview. She just asked normal questions like "what would you do if a customer asked about an Apple Watch?". After that I was done, I received a call 4 hours later with an offer contingent with a completed background check. Definitely be yourself and try to have a bubbly personality. Be outgoing and not afraid to talk to people.

Specialist Interview

Interview

There is a huge group interview, then a smaller group interview with the "people" manager and then one with the store leader. They are more watching your personality than your past experience.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview process is the longest you will have in retail stores. They are looking for some Apple knowledge but most importantly they are looking for personalities that will connect with customers in the end leading to bigger sales and returning customers. Apple has strayed back and forth from the group settings as the original screening process where they look for more outgoing personalities who lead well and connect with their peers well.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite feature on an Apple product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Bethesda, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a group including myself and 11 other people. Second interview was with the store leader. Overall friendly and fun environment not your traditional interview process.

Interview Questions

• why Apple? Why this particular role? Tell me about a time where you provided great customer service? A time about where you gave a customer a bad experience?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in August 2015.

Interview

Just received an invitation to a hiring event later this month. Don't know what to expect but hopefully all goes well. What are some do's and don't? I heard that they were kind of hard and a group interview? What is the dress code? Any advice?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Mesa, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was very lengthy but I personally was not discouraged because of my determination to get this job. I am a mac enthusiast and I actually wanted to have a job I didn't hate. I, and a few other guys, were told that they usually do three to four interviews before they would decide on the "right" candidate. The first interview was a group interview, like many other people talk about on glassdoor, and I think that was one of the hardest parts. It was like you were competing with everyone else for that position, but in reality, you don't know what those hiring managers and recruiters are thinking, maybe they are looking for a few different positions to bring people in the company, Not just that one spot that everyone was fighting for. They really analyze you in that first interview and get a hold of what your personality is like. Be yourself, but be professional. After you and some other candidates answer some questions, you then pass around an iPad and read aloud various other questions. You then answer these and others can respond to your question with a rebuttal question. I did this for almost everyone and I think they really liked that. But it did take a lot of time up, and since they were timing you, they told us not to ask each other anymore questions to that we could get through more information. They are VERY pressed for time, and they are very meticulous about getting done ON time. So think about your responses carefully but respond quickly. Like I said earlier, this interview is probably the most difficult but once you get through it and really see how things work with apple and the whole process, you'll be well prepared for the next time you meet. Once you get past the first one, you'll be able to handle all the rest of the interviews. It gets easier, but it also becomes more challenging. The questions become more in-depth, but it's not so much pressure as the first one was. I got a call four days after the second interview for an offer, and I accepted. The store manager I talked to in the second interview said it wasn't necessary more me to talk to the market leader, etc. So, if you pull it off like me, maybe you'll only have to go through two interviews instead of four. I didn't actually think that was possible after reading all of these interviews on glassdoor which discussed three to four interviews at the minimum. But yes people, it IS possible. Be yourself, play the part, and you're golden.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions talk about what you would do in a certain situation, think carefully but quickly before you respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First Interview: Group hiring event in Soho. You sit and fill out an application. Apple reps introduced themselves and then we each individually introduce ourselves to the entire room. Asked why Apple? I'd say carefully craft your answer as to why your personality fits with their values and describe their values. Everyone in the room is for different positions and locations around NY. After intros, split into groups of 4-5 and pass around an iPad with scenarios and questions. Show enthusiasm and your personality. You don't have to really know about Apple products & don't be intimidated with the people that know everything about their products. Just be confident in yourself and don't be someone you're not. I heard back about 5 business days later with an email to proceed to the next step. Second Interview: For me, I was lucky this was my last interview. They were massively hiring at the Apple store where I applied, so they sped up the process and I was referred which help tons. It was with a Market Leader and Store Manager along with 3 other interviewees at the same time. Lasted up to an hour and they asked about 7 questions and we each took turns answering. Don't focus on what other people are saying, but focus on yourself and talk about your personality as opposed to "retail in detail." Detail your personality. What you love and why you do. I'd say make it into a story instead of simple answers. Relationship building and what do you do everyday that makes you different. Received a phone call the very next day to proceed to the next step and was made an offer. Good luck guys!

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Who inspires you the most? Favorite Apple product? What do you love about your current job? What don't you like the most?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The first interview process was a large group at a hotel. It was really fun! It felt like you were at a camp with a ton of people. They showed videos about the company and the culture. You also had to introduce the person that was sitting next to you so everyone in the room got to know a little bit about you.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hiring process took about 3 weeks after applying online. It was pretty straightforward, an in person interview and a phone interview after which I was given an offer. The interviewer were very friendly and the dress code was business casuals. The interview was conducted by a store manager.