Apple

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

406 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2014.

Went in to work on my Mac, hit it off with the genius pretty well, showed my knowledge of computers through the conversation (generally unnecessary but helpful in relating to him), asked about work life in Apple retail- let HIM bring up getting started in applying, got his card- (got his reference).

Applied online, hand delivered my resume.

Two interviews... one more today.

I'll finish this once I finish this interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when someone pushed your buttons continuously- and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Internal reference. Phone screening was simple and aimed at making sure I was pleasant and well-spoken. In-person interview was with head manager and senior manager along with two other candidates. Was simply asked about my background and times I experienced or gave great customer experiences. I was pleasant and to the point, which seemed to get the job done. Was brought in for a second in-person interview with the regional director and it was the same deal. Nothing too outlandish-- they just want to make sure you're a positive, optimisitic person who has a strong sense of what good customer service is. Showcasing passions outside the workplace is a strong way to position yourself as well. Passions are key at Apple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you helped teach someone else something in a work environment.   Answer Question
    No wiggle room for negotiation, but they pay well above average for retail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online, I received an email inviting me to the Hiring event. The earlier reviews are pretty much dead on. There were about 30 individuals. The team introduced themselves, they were representatives from the 6 stores around town. After that, we were asked to introduce ourselves one by one, we were asked to say our names and a fun fact. Then they had a presentation showcasing the stores and the many positions, after each video, they asked questions, all the representatives (except for the presenter) are in the back taking notes and about the people answering the questions. Then they broke us into groups of 4-5 people. Then the representative passes an iPad each person takes a turn answering a question and passes it to the next, they're mostly behavioral questions though I got a technical as well (not relating to apple products). Each of us answered 3 questions each. At the end representative asked a general question and each took turns answering it. Then you get a chance to ask the representative a question. Then the groups break up and return to the previous setting, a representative gives the closing statements and then we were dismissed.

Specialist Interview

Was referred by another employee, dropped off a resume to a senior manager at my nearest apple store. We spoke in the store for about 15 minutes and he took my resume. Told me that I would be notified of a hiring event. About a month later I received a call from him asking if I was available for an in-store interview with a team leader and the senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • "What was the biggest challenge at your previous job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online and then had a quick 20 minute phone interview about my background and why I wanted to work for Apple. I was invited to an in-store hiring event with 50 other people. First, we watched videos and learned more about the company. Then, we were split up into groups of 9 and answered prompted questions with an iPad (basically all of the questions are situational) I talked maybe 3-4 in the 2 hour hiring event, but was asked back for another interview. Like other people have said before me, they are looking for a type of person. The managers will tell you straight-up that they are looking for nice, intelligent people. Show them that you are relatable and can get along with almost anyone AND show them that you are paying attention to the people in your group. For the final interview, I was 1 of 4 interviewees. Again, we were asked more situational questions. The same day as my final interview, I was emailed that I needed to complete my Apple application. The next day after that I received an email from HireRight telling me that I was in the offer letter stage for Apple and they needed to do a background check. I was called 4-5 days later with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

The salary was great but I couldn't give the availability they wanted. They needed me to be available all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Submitted by resume and application online in July of 2014. Got an email to invite me to a group interview at Hotel Monaco in October of the same year. I have a friend who is a store manager in California and he sent a recommendation to the stores here in Portland to help my chances.
    The first interview was in a group setting with about 23 other interviewees. No personal questions asked - just showed video on Apple - asking opinions or observations from these videos. Be the first one to say something! Get your self seen and heard!
    Got a call back 3 days later for the second interview with a store manager and team leader for the store I interviewed for. 45 minutes with another applicant and 3 questions.
    Two days later got call for 3rd interview which is today! I am meeting with another applicant and the Store Leader and Market Leader!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you had to learn something new quickly and how did you accomplish that?
      Tell us of a time where a customer asked something of you that you thought was unreasonable?
      Tell us of a time where you encountered a problem and how did you solve it?
        Answer Question

Specialist Interview

All online application— very straightforward and to the point but friendly format. It is optional to submit a resume, but not required. They ask simple questions to learn more about you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

I was able to be referred by a current employee, and about 3 weeks later was emailed about coming in for a Hiring Seminar the following week. The seminar had 20 people. It was actually quite fun, it was mostly about seeing what everyone's personality was like and answering standard interview questions in a small group of 5 that was passed around on an iPad. The seminar only lasted 90 minutes, and I thought it went quite well, as I noticed a couple employees throughout the session watching me as a spoke in the small group. But unfortunately, three days later I received an email telling me I had been rejected. I will keep applying for other positions, hopefully they will give me another shot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a technical issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

For the retail division in the Hawaii market, applicants must go through a group hiring seminar. Applicants are constantly monitored and judged throughout the interview duration from arrival to departure. The next stage is an interview panel with a couple of managers. After that is another interview with the store manager and possibly another after that is an interview with the market manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you overcame great adversity.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Been through the interview process a few time with two different markets. I've been to three hiring seminars, big groups often held in a hotel ballroom. Everyone introduces themselves, they show a presentation, and then break into groups. They look for those who stand out and have knowledge of the company. During the group interview is when they ask more customer service based questions that involve Apple products. I believe this is where you can shine the most if you're well versed with Apple products. Every time I went to a hiring seminar I got a callback for a store interview. The callbacks depend on the store, I always received mine within 24 hours of the seminar. If you make it past the first store interview there's still a few more interviews to go through before you get to the offer. I've made it far, but never got to the last interview before the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a someone above you and how was it resolved?   Answer Question