Apple

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

418 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

After applying online, I was lucky and heard within a couple weeks that I was invited to a hiring event. Word of caution. I was so excited and clicked the RSVP link, which took me to a strange looking page that stated with odd grammar, "This is invitation only event." Long story short, I couldn't RSVP and found others had experienced this as well and were advised that it was a phishing email. I had hastily and regrettably replied to said email with my issue. Darn, they got me. THEN, the next day I got a reply from a single lowercase first name (say, "tina") that I hadn't used the correct Apple ID. Was it legit? Evidently I had two IDs? It all worked out, but if this happens to you, simply call the store or reply to the email and you will hear back from a real person. Yea!

PHASE ONE: The famed "Apple Hiring Event" was really fun! We had a small group of 18 interesting, diverse people who all seemed personable. They asked everyone for a brief intro and to describe his or her passion. We watched 3 videos and they asked for reactions after each, so I spoke up as much as possible. We broke into groups of 4 and passed around the iPod with each person answering an open-ended question such as "Describe a time when you exceeded your own expectations at a job." The five Apple people conducting the event were upbeat but not fake; i.e, none of the overwhelming clapping I'd read about, thank goodness.

PHASE TWO: Met with two Store Managers at the location where I might be working. I ran into a fellow hiring event applicant while waiting, so they interviewed us together, and that took pressure off. It was another relaxed yet energized interview with more open-ended questions: Why Apple? Why here? Describe a humbling experience. Describe a difficult person. Ended nicely and we both felt good about it.

PHASE THREE: Met with Store Leader and Market Leader, the two head honchos. Similar format with more open-ended questions, but they were looking a my resume the whole time, and indicated they'd often heard "I like Apple products" but were looking reasons beyond that for wanting to work there. Very cordial, professional, and in all phases, they ask if you have questions for them (HAVE some ready). I asked about upward mobility and they explained that the corporate structure was not a ladder but rather a spider web where folks are moved around according to aptitude, performance and desire to cross-train, so in other words a very individualized development plan.

Keeping fingers crossed and should hear either way in a couple days.

Interview Questions
  • What is something unique about you, professionally.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

three to four interviews. They don't care how much you know about know about the product, the interview is looking for personality. The first interview is a large group interview of 30 or so. They pick their favorites and go from there.

Interview Questions
    • there really wasn't a difficult question. Example: What was the most difficult work experience you encountered and how did you over come it?   View Answer
    none. This was retail.

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied through my reference by sending a resume and paragraph of interest. I had three group interviews and the first one was a hiring event with 60 people attending. Being enthusiastic and listening well will get you far.

I took the first offer.

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

The entire process took about two months i applied in mid November of 2014 and completely thought they are not going to respond but the second week in January of 2015 i got an e-mail asking to meet someone at Apple to interview about possible career opportunities. The woman that interviewed me was extremely nice, she was friendly and they want to make you as comfortable as possible they know that interviews can make you a nervous wreck. She began to tell me about herself a little bit and how long she had been with Apple which was really helpful to ease the nerves. I was asked three questions. I was asked to tell a little bit about myself and why i wanted to work for Apple. The woman asked for an example in my previous job when i learned to better my self as an employee and what i took from the experience. The last question was a time when I had differences with a co-woker and how I handled it. Overall I think the interview went well and it was only thirty minutes but they have hundreds of people applying for the job. i did ask a few questions myself to show my interest in the job and the woman who interviewed me seemed to really appreciate it. Two days later i got my response and unfortunately i did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • My hardest question had to have been about when I came across a rough patch in my previous job and what I learned about it, the reason being was the woman seemed like she wanted a more detailed explanation about my experience which caught me off guard i wasn't expecting to go more into detail.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

9 interviews - phone, group, and in person 1 on 1. I would say - just read through all the reviews on glassdoor, be passionate and channel the guy at the front of the apple store. Think of him/her - be him/her.

N/A

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Applied online using my apple ID and 3 weeks later I was emailed to schedule a first interview. It was a group of 5 people and lasted about 40 minuets, the interviewer asked 2 questions to all of us, 1) Recall a time you had to resolve an issue with an angry customer 2) How has an apple product/ service changed your life. Very easy and short interview. We were told we would be contacted in 7-10 days even if they were not going to move forward with us. I heard back 3 days later and scheduled my second interview. It was one on one with the store leader where I would be hired at. The second one was much more technical. Questions like, name the 3 mac desktops apple offers, similarities between the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 6, main difference between android and iOS, and tell me about the mac pro. Of course he also asked me why Apple? The second interview was only maybe 10 minuets and he told me i would be hearing back by the end of the week. 3 days later and I got an offer!

Definitely have someone from apple recommend you! I had 2 referrals and only had to go through 2 interviews. Usually its 4-6 total.

No negotiation

Specialist Interview

Got called in for a group interview, got called a day and a half later for a second interview with the Store Leader, told me he would keep in contact with me and two days later i was offered the job.

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

Every other review here is spot on. I don't think the "Hiring Events" changes much. It looks like stage one is really just to filter out the people who really don't get involved and/or have very little energy/enthusiasm. I get the impression that most people were invited back to round 2.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to work in a diverse environment   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Internal reference. Phone screening was simple and aimed at making sure I was pleasant and well-spoken. In-person interview was with head manager and senior manager along with two other candidates. Was simply asked about my background and times I experienced or gave great customer experiences. I was pleasant and to the point, which seemed to get the job done. Was brought in for a second in-person interview with the regional director and it was the same deal. Nothing too outlandish-- they just want to make sure you're a positive, optimisitic person who has a strong sense of what good customer service is. Showcasing passions outside the workplace is a strong way to position yourself as well. Passions are key at Apple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you helped teach someone else something in a work environment.   Answer Question
    No wiggle room for negotiation, but they pay well above average for retail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple in November 2014.

i got invited to come to the hiring event. It's a fun and exciting group interview. We broke off into three groups of about 8 and partook in several group excercises while the employees took notes constantly.
    Got invited to the second interview with the store manager and didn't make it past. Overall, very pleasant interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an instance where you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you react?   View Answer