Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Several stages in the interview process. Usually will meet with all the managers of the store, and potentially meet the market leader as well. They want to see how well you can hold a conversation and how confident you are. They're usually hiring year round, so apply online whenever a posting appears. Introduce yourself to the managers at the store as well. Just go in and say hi. Let them know you applied and just wanted to introduce yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Interview

I did three interviews. One at a hotel, one with the manager, then another one with two other managers. All I can say is be personable, show up on time, and have good manners. Do not be a nerd, they do not like that.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Four stages, some group interviews after initial solo interview, interviews went great usually meeting with one general hiring manager and then meeting lots of other managers, including regional and store leaders.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in February 2014.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a recruiting event. It was my first time being in a group interview. The regular apple stuff, video presentation followed by attendees introducing them selves and then role play.

I cant understand how people are gauged, as some are very open and pretentious and some even though have qualities for the job, tend to be quiet. The videos shows how people with diverse backgrounds, personalities and cultures work at apple. However, they are looking to hire people they believe are like them. People of the same fabric, probably people who eat the same food and smell the same.

The experience left a bad taste in my mouth. I felt like i was dealing with just another corporation and not apple. I hope apple hire recruiters, who can look beyond the obvious and not become fallible to baloney.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that isnt in your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Hartford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

First was at a hotel with 30 other potential employees. Apple had 3-4 store managers describing each position that a retail store has in house. The next interview was with 2 people, store director and the market manager. The entire process took about 3 months. It took about 2 months to get the first interview after I applied. It took about 2 weeks between the first two interviews and then another 2 weeks to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a customer service experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple (Aventura, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email 8 days after applying at a job for an Apple Store Specialist position. I also received a recommendation from my friend who works at Apple in another state. I received the email stating that a recruiter was interested in speaking to me about my career opportunities at Apple. I scheduled a phone call with said recruiter and the conversation went off without a hitch, ending just short of 14 minutes. She inquired about my choice of working with Apple, my job history, availability, and customer based situational questions.

I will append this review pending my future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • When you walk in the Apple Store as a customer, what do you notice about the store/how do you feel when you first walk in?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you handled a disagreement or a conflict, it doesn’t have to be at work, or it could be at peers at school, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, about 12 people, but we were broken up into groups of 2. They dont care about how much you know about apple. they care if you're big on customer servicing !! please emphasize on that. Try and make your examples on how good your customer servicing skills are. don't babble on for too long though. But don't sound like you just want to sell an item to customers, make sure you say how you build rapport with them first. I didn't get the offer, they picked only 2 out of the group I was in, but right of the back I knew they would deff get an offer, because they were super friendly and smiled and made some jokes here and there. thats the key, to just relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• They ask to tell them something about you. Then they show you a video clip and ask you your thoughts on it. First question was why apple? They also ask what is your favorite feature on your iPhone. They asked to describe a time when you almost lost a customer and how did you real them back in. And the Last question was if you ever had a time where you gave positive criticism to some you worked with and how did that turn out.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with the usual icebreaker where you introduce the person the next to you in front of 18 other people. They played the retail store videos and different videos of the different roles available to us, to give us an idea of what they expect of us. We were then split into 3 groups of 6 where each group had 8 minutes to put together a presentation. The presentation topic for our group was the Apple Watch and were asked to come up with a plan on how we should advice a customer interested on the Apple Watch. Focus on customer service, remember that Apple's success is driven by first-class customer service in their retail store. I suggest that you take part in giving some input into the group as there were a few Apple representatives standing over our group listening to us interact with each other. The final process was role play where each of us played as a customer and most importantly an employee (Specialist). The role play lasted for 45 seconds for each person therefore going around 18 people took quite a fair bit of time. The customer was given a scenario and the employee was meant to address the customer appropriately and interact with them. Creating conversations, be friendly, and SMILE etc. Again, think about the customer service! Connect the products to the customers etc...

The process concluded with a few FAQ and a Q&A session which I highly recommend you asked question! Only 3 or 4 people out of 18 asked questions, so prepare a few questions! All in all, the whole session lasted for 1hour 45 minutes. Finally, at the end, the recruiting manager gave us each an iTunes song credit gift card.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple (London, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed, but a long process. You meet with all the managers in multiple group interviews. Sometimes it feels competitive in a group interview setting, because the next person would just add on to your answers, but overall everyone was very nice. Nothing extremely hard, just be yourself, as at the end of the day, the managers only want to get to know you. They will provide all the training as they do not expect you to have all the apple tech knowledge.