Apple

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

406 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Was referred by a current employee. When through 1 group interview which was pretty laid back. Did not have retail experience so I was not considered for the position. It doesn't matter what your knowledge of Apple and their products is if you don't have retail experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

I applied through the online application and received an email 20 minutes later asking if I could do a phone interview the next. I was shocked because I had heard after submitting an online application, many people don't hear anything for weeks or even months. I did the phone interview the next day, a first in-person interview at the store a week later with two leaders, and a second in-person interview the following week with the store manager and a regional manager. I received a call later that same day from the HR leader offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot about what you're passionate about. This doesn't have to be Apple or technology-related. I worked in education for the last few years and just started grad school. I talked about that and I think my edu background helped me more than anything in getting hired.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in June 2011.

I was referred by an employee that worked at the retail store and contacted by the hiring manager. Over the course of about one month, I went through an all-day group interview, a second interview with 1 other candidate, a 3rd interview with a senior manager, and a final interview with the market director.

Interview Questions
    • Many common interview questions regarding customer service for a retail environment.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Things have changed since I interviewed. Back then it was a group interview broken up into smaller groups each group was lead by one of their own from various roles within the store. Contingent on your answers you were then invited back for a secondary one-to-one interview with the manager of the store. I believe since then Apple has added two additional one-to-one interviews with senior managers prior to meeting with the store manager. Another interview with various leads if you go the route of technical support.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me on the "iPen." The idea Apple developed a hypothetical product and how you would position to a guest it's features and functions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2014.

Went in to work on my Mac, hit it off with the genius pretty well, showed my knowledge of computers through the conversation (generally unnecessary but helpful in relating to him), asked about work life in Apple retail- let HIM bring up getting started in applying, got his card- (got his reference).

Applied online, hand delivered my resume.

Two interviews... one more today.

I'll finish this once I finish this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when someone pushed your buttons continuously- and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Submitted by resume and application online in July of 2014. Got an email to invite me to a group interview at Hotel Monaco in October of the same year. I have a friend who is a store manager in California and he sent a recommendation to the stores here in Portland to help my chances.
    The first interview was in a group setting with about 23 other interviewees. No personal questions asked - just showed video on Apple - asking opinions or observations from these videos. Be the first one to say something! Get your self seen and heard!
    Got a call back 3 days later for the second interview with a store manager and team leader for the store I interviewed for. 45 minutes with another applicant and 3 questions.
    Two days later got call for 3rd interview which is today! I am meeting with another applicant and the Store Leader and Market Leader!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you had to learn something new quickly and how did you accomplish that?
      Tell us of a time where a customer asked something of you that you thought was unreasonable?
      Tell us of a time where you encountered a problem and how did you solve it?
        Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Internal reference. Phone screening was simple and aimed at making sure I was pleasant and well-spoken. In-person interview was with head manager and senior manager along with two other candidates. Was simply asked about my background and times I experienced or gave great customer experiences. I was pleasant and to the point, which seemed to get the job done. Was brought in for a second in-person interview with the regional director and it was the same deal. Nothing too outlandish-- they just want to make sure you're a positive, optimisitic person who has a strong sense of what good customer service is. Showcasing passions outside the workplace is a strong way to position yourself as well. Passions are key at Apple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you helped teach someone else something in a work environment.   Answer Question
    No wiggle room for negotiation, but they pay well above average for retail.

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Got through up to the final stage, really layed back and relaxed, all the questions are about you not about any previous work that you may have done, unlike most job interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would yourself from 10 years in the future say to you if they spoke to you right now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

I submitted my application online and heard back in a couple of days, I was asked to attend a hiring seminar on a Sunday night (weird). At the seminar there were about 30-40 different potential employees and about 6-7 apple representatives. We filled out a short questionnaire asking about the positions we were applying too then the manager went around and asked us all our favorite food, and why we want to work at apple. Throughout the rest of the night we watched many videos on the apple credo and working at apple store in general. The manager informed us that she was unsure of how many positions were open at the time and that she would get back to us all individually on whether or not we made it to the second interview. I was called by an apple specialist the next day and asked to come in the following day for another interview. At the second interview I arrived at the apple store 10 minutes early and waited for the interviewer. When I finally met him he said that there was another potential candidate hiring at the same time. All 3 of us went to a nearby coffee store and we were asked questions by the interviewer. Some of the questions were Why do you want to work at apple? What is your favorite apple product? and what is an obstacle you have had to overcome recently? Unfortunately the next day I received an email stating that I was not called back for another interview however the whole process was very positive and and educational experience. The only part that was somewhat intimidating was the difference in candidates in the second interview. I am young to be applying for a job at apple and it was intimidating to be interviewing with a much older more experience person however I definitely learned from it.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best meal you've ever had? Why do you want to work at apple? What is your favorite apple product? and what is an obstacle you have had to overcome recently?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Was referred by another employee, dropped off a resume to a senior manager at my nearest apple store. We spoke in the store for about 15 minutes and he took my resume. Told me that I would be notified of a hiring event. About a month later I received a call from him asking if I was available for an in-store interview with a team leader and the senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • "What was the biggest challenge at your previous job?"   Answer Question