Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Menlo Park, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Got called back within a week. The interview was myself and 4 other guys for the same position. The interview was from another specialist and the store manager, and took place in the food court of the mall where the store was located. That in and of itself showed me how casual and laid back it is.

Interview Questions

• What is the best customer service you have ever experienced? (not done or given yourself)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was first invited through email to a "hiring event". This is basically a chance for you and several other applicants to get to meet the team at which ever store you've applied, and to learn more about the company and what it stands for. Following the event you may or may not be invited to two or three more follow up interviews where you will meet with managers and store leaders. These interviews are pretty straight forward, I would encourage you to be your best self and very friendly as they look for people who are polite, down to earth, and approachable. If you successfully make it through each interview you'll be hired. It is quite the process though, so remain patient and optimistic.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in difficult customer situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Aventura, FL).

Interview

Apply Online > Wait at least 1 month before getting a call, sometimes even 2-3 months > Get ready for at least 2 interviews (I did 3). If you can, walk into a store and talk to a specialist get friendly, say you want to work there. They might tell you to send them your resume so they can turn it in as a referral (they get $250) if you get hired.

Interview Questions

• All questions will be ABOUT YOU! Get ready to describe yourself. Please Please love the products! Use the products other than the iPhone! Use iMovie, iPhoto in your iPhone. Use the  applications and know each one. Not hard at all. Walk in comfortable, describe why you want to work for them? Questions like Describe something you love not being technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Trumbull, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

My experience has been very weird to say the least. I have been through 3 different interview processes with 3 different stores. My first go around had me attend an hiring event where I was offered an interview about 2 days later. Once I completed said interview they asked if I can do a third interview right then and there. Of course I said yes! After this I never heard back from Apple. Never got an email saying they were moving in a different direction or if I got the job. I never tried to get in contact with them myself because I didn't want to feel like a pushover. Still not sure how to feel about this situation. About a year passed when I decided to give it another shot. Applied and sent my resume to the same stores and received an email about a month later asking if I could come in for an in-store interview. This was a different location and I was surprised I didn't have to go through another hiring event. I went through this interview with another person trying to get the same job as me I assume. We exchanged numbers because we became friends pretty quickly. Neither one of us got the offer. It is now about half a year later and I chose to give this a third try. Sent my resume out again and in exactly one week I got an email saying they were quite interested with my qualifications and asked if I was interested in attending a hiring event. I agreed yet again and braced myself because I really had no clue what would happen. This hiring event was two days ago and I just got an email saying that they decided to move forward with other candidates. By this point I'm a little emotionally drained because I'm not sure what's going on. Is it me? Why do they keep reaching out to me if I don't fit the bill? Even with references from Apple employees themselves I just cant seem to get ahold of this. I'm giving this another chance because the interviews were always very positive. The people I had the pleasure of meeting were always smiling and they always seemed interested with who I was as a person rather than how much I knew about Apple and their products (which is a lot I might add). I sent my resume out again to them today so hopefully this fourth time will be the magic number haha.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you went one step further than a coworker was willing to go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Just like other interviews on here it was very straightforward and casual. First interview was a phone interview "Why Apple?" "Whats your availability like?" "Whats your favorite product?". Heard back a day later for an second interview, this one was in group format and included 5 other individuals including myself, as well as a senior store manager and a store leader. They asked not so basic questions like "Describe a time a superior had a talk with you that impacted your life" "Who is someones life you have changed". Third interview was with another manager and someone from my group interview, super casual we actually were standing the whole time... He asked what our favorite products are and what do we think we can bring to apple, he invited us both to the final interview righter and then. Final interview was with one more store manager. Very casual over coffee. We were asked more technical questions about Apple Pay, and what our favorite things about Yosemite are. The final interview went GREAT in my mind but I'm on day 5 of no call back or email :( I did find out though that the much older gentleman in my interview was offered a position that same day..

Interview Questions

• Name a time a superior had a talk with you that changed your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

If you get an email for an apple hiring event do not ignore it! That is your ticket into the first group interview. I almost made the mistake of ignoring it. This first group interview is crucial; you will be put group with 20-30 people. They start with an ice breaker, next they will show you videos and ask for opinions make sure to try to stick out. After the videos you are put into even smaller groups and are asked questions about specific situations. Make sure to thank the employers in the room. try not to be nervous and be genuine.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for apple?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of any goal you set for yourself and how you did or didn't achieve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Marlborough, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

We were in a group of about 30 in a hotel conference room and they basically just told us about the positions and thatanagement is different, an expert is manager level somewhere else so be open to something like specialist since that's what they typically give new hires. Be outgoing that's what they look for. They said we can teach you about our products you don't even have to have experience with them, just be open and willing to learn and let go when you know someone else can better help a customer. It's about personality this part of the process. I just interviewed today so I'll find out soon if I get to the next step or not

Interview Questions

• How did you exceed a customers expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview at Apple is just as much about finding the right people fit as it is looking for skill set. The process has you talk with a variety people in store at all different levels to get a well rounded look at personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous work experience and how that will be relevant in the new position.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

You have to be invited to the "Hiring Event" which is the 1st of 4 interviews but also a group seminar type of interview. You will be brought into a room surrounded by current apple store employees & managers. The will giving a roaring round of applause until all the applicants are in the room. A short video will be played. And the group will be somewhat quizzed on the material. 2nd phase is broken down to groups of 5 where the applicants are asked questions by one of the hiring managers. 3rd interview is a solo interview with a senior manager. The final interview will be another interview with 2 others. The interviewer will be the store's general manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where a customer had an unreasonable request and how did you accomodate them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The Apple interview process is such a fun and rewarding experience. I applied on March 6 and didn't hear back until March 31st. I was sent an email to register for an upcoming Apple hiring event on April 9. It is an invitation only hiring event. I was not able to register myself for some reason, so I replied to the email and they responded by saying they registered me for the event. The event started at 9AM. I walked into the Apple Store the day of my interview and there were already other applicants present. I was given a name tag and a sheet of paper that basically wanted my availability, the Apple products I used and was knowledgeable about as well as my preference for which four Apple stores I was interested in. It also asked about your preference for position and whether you were interested in PT or FT. There were around 25-30 of us total. We were taken to a room upstairs to being the process. It started with the managers from two Apple stores in the area introducing themselves. We then had to introduce ourselves through a ice breaker. We had to learn the name of the person next to us, their favorite technology and something interesting about them and then introduced them to the group. After the introduction, we were shown a series of videos showing the Apple Store retail life and the different positions. This is where you should be active and involved by answering questions the managers may pose. They will be standing around writing things on a sheet of paper. After that, we were split into groups. Once if groups we were given an iPod to do a pass and play. You had to answer whatever questions popped up on the iPod and then pass it to the next person. We did this for two different managers. Most of the questions are concerning customer service and how you deal with situations and the outcomes of those situations. Try to be detailed as possible. After this session, we sat back for for a Q&A. Always have questions to ask! Once we were finished, they let us know that we would hear back in about a week to whether or not we made it to the next round. I received a call two days later inviting me to a second interview. The second interview was on April 16 with two of the managers. I had seen two of the people from my group interview which was pretty cool to see they had made it as well. This interview wasn't as stressful as the group interview. It was more of a conversation. After introducing ourselves, myself and the two managers, they asked a bunch of customer service questions based on my resume and my previous jobs and my experiences. Once again, be detailed as possible. Apple really foucses on changing people's lives and inspiring them through innovation and technology. They can care less how much you know about technology and Apple. You need to showcase you passion for helping people and changing their lives. I throughly explained my experiences based of the questions they asked and basically let my personality fill up the room. I was told I would hear back from the HR administrator if I was going to the next round. I didn't hear back in two days like I did after the first interview, so I was really getting nervous and concerned. One week later after not hearing back, I sent a email to the HR administrator basically thanking the two mangers for their time and hoped that I hear back soon. Two days later, April I received a call from the HR administrator inviting me to a third interview with the acting store leader and market leader. The third interview took place on April 29. I was super nervous about this interview because I read this is typically the last interview. I met with the store leader with the market leader being absent for some reason. Like the previous interview, this interview was more like a comversation with the store leader asking me questions that were not for a script. Again, I displayed my passion for helping people, my love for Apple and the products and my passion for inspiring lives. I pretty much elaborated on the same examples I used in both the group interview and second interview. Of course I asked questions at the end. Here I really let me personality fill the room while laughing and smiling along with the store leader. I was told I would hear back in 4-5 days. Right after this interview, I sent a thank you email. Two days later, I received a call from one of the managers from the hiring event offering me a PT Specilaist position. He told me the offer was contingent upon successfully completion of a background check. Two days later I received the email requesting me consent. I sent in the background check request on May 4. 8 days later on May 12, I started at Apple.