Apple

Average Difficulty
375 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was first called in for a Hiring Event where we had about 20+ candidates, there was I was asked to come in for two more interview, one with store leader and second one with the market leader. It was an awesome experience. No pressure.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Group Interview with about 40 other applicants and 10 managers + hr/admins. Then 2 more 1:1 interviews with management.

Interview Question – Each person had to give a 1-2 minute impromptu presentation about an apple product or software.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – 3 rounds, phone group, and manager. Just focus on customer service and dedication to a complete solution.

Interview Question – None... Really easy interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Okay, first of all, I didn't hear back until TWO MONTHS after I first submitted my application online, so don't worry. No phone interview, but was invited directly to the group hiring event at the hotel. Everyone here has described it well. One thing I disagree on with many reviews here is that you have to don't have to be super talkative at the event. If you're the type to make friends with the person sitting next to you, then great, do that. But if you're not, then don't! It's obvious when you're trying to be chatty to come off as outgoing. People did this at mine and it just looked and sounded very awkward. They're not looking for a social butterfly, just seem approachable, smile at what's being said, look in the direction of whoever's speaking. No need to raise your hand for every single question, just once or twice, and for things you actually have a good answer for. Have energy and smile when you talk! I just shook the hands of whoever was there when I walked out the door, no need to hang around and go talk to every single person. The person deciding on whether or not you move forward is the one you do the iPad activity with, so impress them with your great attitude and articulate answers. It's very casual. And don't make up answers or exaggerate because a few people did and they catch you really quickly and it will be embarrassing. Be honest. They're all behavioral.

Three days later I received an email to schedule a group interview (2 other people) with the store leader the following week. This lasted an hour and was a little more intense in that you really had to go into a lot more detail and was more of a rapid question style. They want someone who can hold a conversation and discuss ideas with enthusiasm. This was the only time I was asked anything about technology. If they ask you to show them something with your iPhone, DON'T SHOW THEM A NON-APPLE APP. Show them something about THE iPHONE itself or something APPLE has done and is a great selling feature. I honestly totally messed this up but at least tried to talk about a phone feature and said I'd need to learn more about the details, but that I thought this particular feature is a great selling point and why. The next day I was invited to schedule an interview with the market leader in two weeks time.

This interview was very quick. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, but it only lasted 10. It's mostly just a once over and final check mark. You've already interviewed with the store leader in round 2, so just keep doing what you're doing. It's the same questions you've been asked previously and by now you probably know just what to say! I heard back the same day that I got the job.

Interview Question – Show and explain a feature of the iPhone which would appeal to customers.   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a large group setting. Managers had us partner with others in interview to see how we worked together. We were asked to "sell" the person we were teamed up with after getting to know each other for a few minutes. Second interview was one on one with multiple hiring managers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had a bad situation you were able to turn around?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – There was a hiring seminar then 3 interviews that followed. I had applied online and received an email invitation to a hiring seminar. It was a larger group, which clearly made some of the candidates uncomfortable, especially during the role playing part.

As for the interviews, each consisted of meeting with multiple store managers at the same time. The questions were less technical but still product related. There were the usual scenario questions-no difficult ones. For the final interview, I met with the market leader. After my interview with the market leader, I was asked to complete an assignment that demonstrated my technical skills.

It was evident that management was looking for someone that fit into the Apple culture. They were looking for the perfect package: someone laid-back, personable, and friendly with exceptional technical skill/product knowledge.

Interview Question – How would you sell an iPad to a person who already has a laptop?   View Answer

Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – I attended a 2 hour group hiring event on a Sunday evening and got called back for an interview that same week. At my interview I met with two managers separately. The interview with the first manager went really well; mostly standard interview questions. The next manager had only technology questions for me. I have two iPods and an iPad (that I use daily) and it became apparent that they were looking for candidates that they didn't have to spend money training. They want Apple worshipers. When I asked what kind of training they provide for their new hires and their current sales staff, I got a very vague jargon-filled answer. I brought more that 15 years of customer service and sales experience to this interview and the manager looked like he was trying to keep his eyes from rolling.

Interview Question – I was asked to "describe a time when you were at the forefront of technology and you were the first to purchase a new product" (yeah...I was the last person to purchase the iPhone. I like to do my research.) and "tell me the differences between the 4 generations of the iPod" (wha....? I have one iPod that works great. It plays music. Don't they all?). I answered the best I could under the circumstances. I recieved and email in less than an hour stating that other candidates were being considered for the position.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – Long drawn out process, meet good people, but the off chance that it doesn't work out by the end of several interviews (3-4 weeks waiting with 2 interviews in that time frame) and you are left with no job and back out to the streets to find some other opportunities? Thanks a lot

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Apple?   View Answer

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The interviews were unorthodox from what i'm used to, but in a good way. I got an email notification of an open position, submitted my application within the next couple hours & got a phone call to schedule an interview the very next day. They gave me a choice of either "tomorrow" or in 2 days. I chose in 2 days. My first was with the recruiter at the in-mall coffee shop; second was the same day just a few minutes after the 1st one ended with the store leader/manager. I got a call the next afternoon to schedule a third with the market leader in another 2 days (over the phone). You progress to the next interview at the discretion of the previous. There is a fourth/final interview if you make it all the way (which i did not). I was told I would hear back "soon" with a decision. I got a rejection email the day after my phone interview. From the day i submitted my application, to the day I got a rejection email was exactly a week. All 3 of my interviews were very casual. Just getting to know you to see you were "people person" with good communication skills. The number of interviews seemed a little extreme for an entry-level position, but that's probably just Apple being Apple. Very thorough and strict.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Received an email to join a group interview 3 weeks after application. Interview group was around 25 people. Watched a couple videos about working at Apple and was asked questions at the end of each video. Was then broken up into 4 groups. Questions were asked by the manager round robin style about your personal experience with customer service.

Interview Question – Tell us about a specific time when you went above and beyond in customer service to help someone.   Answer Question