Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apple (Franklin, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very low key interview. It was me and two other interviewees and two managers. We sat down in the middle of the store and basically just talked for an hour and got to know each other and see how we fit in with apple. Unfortunately I didn't get the job the first time, but I am going back for another interview at a different store. Will update review after my next interview.

Interview Questions

• What would my current employer say about me?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

1st was a group, 2nd with one of the store managers, 3rd with market leader (a.k.a. general store manager). They all felt easy. Mostly were targeted to see your personality. I have excellent retail experience, plus 2 bachelors degrees. Did not mess up even 1 question in all 3 interviews. But did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Apple?   1 Answer
    • 2. Describe a situation where a customer was unhappy and what you did.   1 Answer
    • 3. How does Apple fit in your life/future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple (New Haven, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a phone interview followed by a formal interview. Interview with another person applying for the position. Went through about 10 questions not too difficult. Questions on customer service Apple puts a big emphasis customer service be ready. For every question give an example or two from current/previous work experience or life experiences. Relate back to their questions and stand out!

Interview Questions

• A family approaches the father is a fan of OS X and the daughter loves Windows. How do you draw her away from Windows?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Knoxville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applying is simple, I applied online with the basic info for every job as well as submitting a resume. Don't be discouraged if you aren't contacted soon after this, apple seems to hire in cycles. I was contacted three months after applying and the whole process of interviews took another two months before I was given an offer.
    1st interview
    The first interview took place at the Apple Store after business hours with about 17 people. There was another session the week before with around 20 people. So in total you are trying to stand out among about 30-40 people. We first had to fill out a questionnaire about our availability, technical product knowledge, why Apple stuff is better than pc or android, and how you convinced someone to turn over to apple. It's basically seeing how well you can talk up apple. You then were paired up with the person next to you and had to learn about them quickly then stand in front of the rest of the group and introduce them. There then was an information session where apples whole retail structure was explained followed by interview questions. The questions were wide ranging and were answered by raising your hand. This whole interview is about standing out. You need to be the brightest, most outgoing. and approachable person. This matters even before the interview starts, if you can talk with the other applicants before anything starts they will notice. They are looking for personalities here. if you are quiet and don't smile or put yourself out there it doesn't matter how good your job history is they will overlook you for less qualified people who are outgoing.

2nd interview.
    The number of applicants is cut down drastically in the second interview. From the number of seats available only 9 people made it here. This is another group interview with a max of 3 people though I had only one other person besides myself. There were two managers and we talked down at the Starbucks beside the Apple Store. This interview was a nice conversation between the four of us. Here is where you put forward your job expirience and personal relation skills. These interviews are really relaxed and non competitive. questions about work history and expirience you can bring to Apple cake up here. They also answered question of ours about hours and working at apple. Questions are encouraged at every step in the process.

3rd interview
    The third interview is a one on one with the store leader, basically the GM of the store. Here only 5 spots were available. I took the first one. This interview was another Kaye's back conversation. The store leader is trying to get to know you on a personal level and find where you would fit in at Apple. While I was applying for sales specialist we ended up talking about being a service specialist because of my love of fixing computers. It was a really personal interview with no strict questions.

4th interview
    I was called back right after my 3rd interview to come in the next day for this interview which is with the market leader of the store. Our market leader traveled a lot and this was one of the only days I could have met her in person. This interview seemed a lot more formal than the last few just because of the person I talked to. It was still personal though and I pretty much summarized all my other interviews to her and showed my love of apple.

Overall you need to be yourself in all of the interviews. Be happy and outgoing and give off a lot of energy. They are looking for fun people who can talk easily and are fun to be with. My advise is to go to an Apple Store and see how their employees act, that is what they are looking for. Be yourself though because they will learn who you really are if you are acting. Just be genuine. Don't be afraid if the people who are in your first interview seem far more qualified than you. I had three managers, a teacher, and nursing student at my table alone. I have only working two jobs, one being food service. Yet because of the personality it seems I made it as far as I did.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time you convinced someone to become an apple product user and how did you do this?   1 Answer
    • Give a time you had to adapt to a situation you were not expecting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a position and pay by phone and accepted it. There really is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Manhasset, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall was not too difficult, given that you know basic customer service skills and how to talk to people. If you have that, and a passion for Apple, that's what they're looking for. Also, whole process took pretty long, 3 interviews total; keep this in mind if you need a job immediately.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when you were not able to meet a goal, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Took 1 months. I got a phone called from one of manager. After few, question she said I need to work more and try back in the future. Just be yourself. I will try back in the future when I think I am good enough.

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple (Aventura, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email 8 days after applying at a job for an Apple Store Specialist position. I also received a recommendation from my friend who works at Apple in another state. I received the email stating that a recruiter was interested in speaking to me about my career opportunities at Apple. I scheduled a phone call with said recruiter and the conversation went off without a hitch, ending just short of 14 minutes. She inquired about my choice of working with Apple, my job history, availability, and customer based situational questions.

I will append this review pending my future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • When you walk in the Apple Store as a customer, what do you notice about the store/how do you feel when you first walk in?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you handled a disagreement or a conflict, it doesn’t have to be at work, or it could be at peers at school, etc.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

After applying online, I was lucky and heard within a couple weeks that I was invited to a hiring event. Word of caution. I was so excited and clicked the RSVP link, which took me to a strange looking page that stated with odd grammar, "This is invitation only event." Long story short, I couldn't RSVP and found others had experienced this as well and were advised that it was a phishing email. I had hastily and regrettably replied to said email with my issue. Darn, they got me. THEN, the next day I got a reply from a single lowercase first name (say, "tina") that I hadn't used the correct Apple ID. Was it legit? Evidently I had two IDs? It all worked out, but if this happens to you, simply call the store or reply to the email and you will hear back from a real person. Yea!

PHASE ONE: The famed "Apple Hiring Event" was really fun! We had a small group of 18 interesting, diverse people who all seemed personable. They asked everyone for a brief intro and to describe his or her passion. We watched 3 videos and they asked for reactions after each, so I spoke up as much as possible. We broke into groups of 4 and passed around the iPod with each person answering an open-ended question such as "Describe a time when you exceeded your own expectations at a job." The five Apple people conducting the event were upbeat but not fake; i.e, none of the overwhelming clapping I'd read about, thank goodness.

PHASE TWO: Met with two Store Managers at the location where I might be working. I ran into a fellow hiring event applicant while waiting, so they interviewed us together, and that took pressure off. It was another relaxed yet energized interview with more open-ended questions: Why Apple? Why here? Describe a humbling experience. Describe a difficult person. Ended nicely and we both felt good about it.

PHASE THREE: Met with Store Leader and Market Leader, the two head honchos. Similar format with more open-ended questions, but they were looking a my resume the whole time, and indicated they'd often heard "I like Apple products" but were looking reasons beyond that for wanting to work there. Very cordial, professional, and in all phases, they ask if you have questions for them (HAVE some ready). I asked about upward mobility and they explained that the corporate structure was not a ladder but rather a spider web where folks are moved around according to aptitude, performance and desire to cross-train, so in other words a very individualized development plan.

Keeping fingers crossed and should hear either way in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• What is something unique about you, professionally.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

three to four interviews. They don't care how much you know about know about the product, the interview is looking for personality. The first interview is a large group interview of 30 or so. They pick their favorites and go from there.

Interview Questions

• there really wasn't a difficult question. Example: What was the most difficult work experience you encountered and how did you over come it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. This was retail.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

5 interviews. Each interview is similar. Mangers are getting to know you and you just be yourself. Sometimes they will ask about your work experience. But more they ask about is your whole experience and insights.