Apple

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

406 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online and received a request for an interview two days later. After three interviews was hired (1 group interview, 1 interview with the HR rep, 1 interview with two of the store managers). A lot of clapping the whole time. Personal interviews lasted over an hour, and were pretty laid back. Apple people are generally very easy to talk to and intelligent.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Received a letter in the mail for a job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I was emailed by the recruiter for a specific store in the Chicago region. I was then contacted by a different recruiter affiliated with that region for a phone interview. The phone conversation was very general, mostly gauging my interest and asking what roles I may be interested in.

Then I was asked to come in and interview in person. At this point, I was unsure of what position I was actually being considered for - it felt very general. I did a 1-on-1 interview with the store manager and he asked mostly behavioral questions. Very pleasant guy.

I left confused - even after asking I was not sure what I was being considered for... However I had another interview from a different manager at the store who then filled me in. They are keeping my resume on hold in case an opening appears - but he gave me an employee referral for the ASL Program.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your philosophy of leadership in a few sentences.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interviewed at Apple. The process took 5 weeks. I applied through an employee referral. I went into the store on 3 different occasions to familiarize myself with some of the managers. Three weeks after I put in my application they called me for a group interview. I was called the next day for a one on one interview with one of the store manager. Two days later I was call back for a third interview with the store manager. I was called the next day to meet with the Market Leader. A week later I was offered a position at Apple. Interviews are very casual. Definitely the most relaxed interviews I've ever had. They really want to get to know you so ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to stand out

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the literal thousands of applicants that apply to Apple?   Answer Question
    I didn't feel the need to negotiate because they made me a great offer

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Passed My resume to a current employee, then was called in for an interview. The first interview was with the hiring manager and it went well. The second interview was with the Team Leader and we had a great chat. The Third Interview was at another store with a different hiring manger on the recommendation of the Team leader from the other store. This interview was just like all the other three but for some reason I we did not gel like on the previous two interviews. 2 days latter I got the rejection email. This really SUCKS because I really wanted to work Apple. Does anyone know of any recourse that I can try? They would have hired me at the other store but there was a conflict due to sibling already working there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went over and beyond? The other hard question is dod you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Long drawn out process, meet good people, but the off chance that it doesn't work out by the end of several interviews (3-4 weeks waiting with 2 interviews in that time frame) and you are left with no job and back out to the streets to find some other opportunities? Thanks a lot

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Started off applying online by submitting cover letter and resume.
    Got an email from the hiring manager to participate in a group event.
    Went to the interview and there was an activity that measured excitement, leadership, and initiative. After this, a roundtable discussion between the applicants and some of the employees, who were taking notes.
    Got a call after the interview, asked to come in again later that week.
    The hiring manager did a tech screen and we discussed what availability would be like.
    Had two more interviews with junior managers.
    The final interview was with the Store Leader and Market Leader, and it was extremely unnerving because the questions were aggressive and their gazes seemed intentionally unimpressed.

So impressed with the way the company handles itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Overview :

Overall the interviews are very comfortable, I think the interviewers did a good job at making you feel comfortable but still asking those questions that will make you really think. You're showing yourself and personally through your past experiences , what you know about a specialist from what you've experience with specialists or anyone else at the Apple Stores and what the career website shows. Be able to speak about a personal experience you had with Apple. Please just be yourself, they will appreciate that and you're likely to get through.

Run through:

1. Phone interview

- Be prepared to not only talk about your work history, but also what's not listed in the job description on your resume, like what skills you gained and briefly discuss any personal experiences
    - They are going to ask you why Apple so be ready to talk about that, if you want this job, don't be generic.
    - 20 minutes long avg

2. Group interview
    - The group interview consist of planning a trip to see how well you work with others and speaking about your personal experiences at your current/previous jobs.
    - Try to be the first one at the group interview. They say arrive 10 minutes early, get there 30 minutes early, you'll have time to calm your nerves and compose answers to questions if you're the nervous type
    - There'll be at least 4 other people.
    - Make sure you're introducing yourself to other candidates and other people you come into contact with.
    - It'll show how friendly you are to strangers or to anyone who is possibly watching.

3. Final Interview ( 2-on-one )

Please just be yourself, be positive, smile, make eye contact, don't be stiff, joke light heartedly if you can/know how to , it'll make you likable and memorable. They'll ask you again about your work history and some questions that test your personality. They stumped me with one questions " what frustrates you the most "... I took a minute to think of how I could answer this questions and not sound mean, because lets face it, we're human. I searched my mind for a minute and make sure I had a really good answer. I think they both appreciated that I was putting a lot of thought in the answer. Make sure you have question in the end, it shows interest as well and that you're curious about what's behind the company curtain. I know I said don't be generic but I'll admit, my questions were some what generic and I beat myself up a little bit for that.

Nonetheless, I got a positive reaction from one of the interviewers , said something along the lines of " well, keep checking your email ". Even though I basically was told I got the job, I still sent a thank you email to speak about my experience in the interview and what I learned about myself. Also for this last email I brought up why I would be the best person for the job. Finally, this shows interests.

So then 3 days later I got a call and I'm hired ! I have 3 days of training coming up !

Advice :
    Be yourself ! Be confident ! Be positive !
    Have a strong cover letter and well organized resume that lends light to the job
    Be passionate
    Relate your answers to what you would be doing as a Specialist
    Already own apple product(s)
    Have a personal Apple experience to speak about
    Always ask " what is the next step "
    FOLLOW UP WITH THANK YOU EMAILS !!!!
    Arrive 30 minutes early to each interview !
    Introduce yourself to others around you
    Basics : smile, eye contact,

Response times:
    Online app to email for Phone interview : 3 hours
    Phone interview to Group interview : 1 day
    Group interview to Final interview : 10 minutes
    Final interview to hire : 3 days.

Do NOT feel any way if you're process isn't as fast for you especially if you're applying right now, they explained they wanted to get as many people as possible in before the holiday season.

FYI :
    You don't need to know the specs of apple products before hand as a Specialist, wouldn't hurt to know any current news and bullet point specs of the newest products incase they switch things up.

Good luck to anyone else going for this job ! I hope I helped clear the smoke !

Interview Questions
    • what frustrates you the most   View Answers (2)
    • Tell me about a time where you were given negative feedback from a supervisor or manager and how did you handle it   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to satisfy a customer who could not be satisfied , how did you handle it   View Answer
    • What does Apple mean to you   View Answers (2)
    no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in January 2014.

First step is applying online, make sure you have a good resume, cover letter or are able to get a referral from an employee that works in the store. They verbally said this is what they look for when weeding through the hundreds of applications they receive for their positions.

If you "Catch their Eye" you will be invited to a group style interview. I had the opportunity to choose 1 of 3 time slots and it was conducted at a hotel near the Apple store. There were approx. 20 people in each session.

There is a lot of commending potential employees in this group style interview with the employees congratulating you on making it this far in the process and if you're not selected to make sure you keep trying. There are a couple Apple videos, pay attention to these as they will be discussed afterwards. The first part of the interview you will be asked to get to know another one of the potential employees and tell the rest of the group about that person. Smile, be confident and be yourself. Don't be stiff, don't keep your hands in your pockets. The second part you will be broken up into groups of 4-5 people and round robin style experience questions (2 min. maximum per question) on an iPad that you will pass around. The last question is "Why Apple?" in 30 seconds.

I received a phone call about 2 hours after my group interview to schedule an interview at the store with 2 of the store leaders to take place in 2 days.

ADVICE: Be yourself. They're not looking for you to show up in a suit and tie (only 2 people in my group wore a tie). Also it's not about necessarily how much you know but rather your personality and experiences. They can teach you about the products, they can't teach you personality. Eye contact and even side jokes all show your personality so every little bit helps. Also remember the Apple employees names and thank them afterwards reiterating their names. Make sure you try to raise your hand or answer every question as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

Hiring event where they see many people at once, and if they like you, they call you back. Then received 2 interviews with two different managers, then called back for interview with store leader. He liked me so I got the job. Pretty straight forward questions about what you like about apple, your experience with apple, your people skills, your personality. standard interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The interview process is rigorous and at times a bit stressful. You will start with a large group interview where management see how you interact and listen to others. Next you will go on to either a one on one interview or a panel interview. You usually have at least two of these before your final interview with the store leader who makes the final decision. Over all, if you're patient, kind, friendly, and deal with high stress and ambiguous working environments, get ready to sign that paperwork, because you're working for Apple.

Interview Questions
    • No really unexpected questions, but a lot of conversation that seems frivolous, as they are trying to understand your personality.   Answer Question