Apple Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview

An employee submitted a referral for me with my resume many months ago. I got a call in early June for an interview, which totally surprised me! The interview was at my local Apple store and there was a group of about 10 applicants. There were two employees who explained everything about the process, talked about the company and roles and basically just discussed how everything would go. We were given a sheet of paper where you put availability, store preference, roles, and any other comments. They divided us into 2 groups for the actual interview part. The interviewer had an iPad and she just chose random questions and we answered by raising our hands in no particular order. Questions were about customer service experience, how you handled difficult situations, how you handled criticism from a boss, etc. Typical questions. We turned in the papers and they said they would contact us soon. I got a call the next day for another interview the following day. This interview was one-on-one and he asked the same kind of questions as before. Nothing difficult at all. It was extremely casual, we were just sitting outside talking. He told me to come back in a couple days for another interview with his boss. That interview was supposed to be a group interview, but the other applicant was late, so he started without them. It was the same customer service questions, really easy. Make sure you have questions to ask your interviewers at the end. After this interview, he told me his boss was out of town, but I'd get a call the following week to schedule it. This was where the process kind of stalled. About a week later, I got a call to schedule the interview, but the time didn't work for me. I played phone tag with the scheduler until she finally called me back a few days later with a time that worked for everyone and the interview was for the next week. The final interview was with the store leader, essentially the district manager, who gives the final say. It was me and one other candidate at this interview. He talked about himself and asked the usual questions. At the end, he said we could hear from that coming Monday. I waited until Monday and heard nothing. I got an e-mail on Sunday evening asking me to apply for the position online (I never did because I got an employee referral). About a week after this e-mail, I finally got a call with an offer! They asked me about my salary history, which was small because I had only 2 jobs before. They made a verbal offer and I accepted! You will get an e-mail to do a background check after this before you go any further. I think my interview process took longer because of managers being out-of-town and some employees were being changed around, but overall it was easy and fun.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about handling difficult customers, receiving feedback from managers, and just general customer service experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked my salary history and offered me something similar to my last job. Very good pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (Greenwich, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied at the Apple's career website using my Apple's id and following instructions such as: answering questions, submitting resumes, adding skills and experiences... Nevertheless, I received an e-mail; giving me the opportunity to follow up for an interview. The interview was hosted with a group of 5 candidates. Therefore, we were all asked a couple of easy questions to determine how we would handle our customers; how can we help our customers; and how our personality reflect to all of that; how Apple products changes our lives.

Interview Questions

• What would be the biggest challenge working with a customer/or at Apple?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview

Got an email from a random Apple email address about being invited to their 'Apple Retail Hiring Event'. The interview was the typical group interview. Thought I spoke quite frequently and answered all the questions correctly (a lot of people ignored the questions and just talked up the Apple Products). Then went into a small group interview where my group had to answer questions. My group was all very eager to speak which got a little difficult. Two people interviewing the group seemed uninterested in what we were having to say. Left the interview feeling I did the best that I could, but unfortunately I did not get the position. Overall It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite electronic device that's not an apple product?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It took a while before I heard anything back from my online application. Once I heard back from them I received an email inviting me to a group hiring event. I arrived at the event with apx. 15 other people. They played music and clapped for us as we entered the store. They broke us up into small groups around tables. They had us interview the person across from us while they observed us. After each person had interviewed their neighbor we were told to introduce that person to the group. Following that we watched some apple promo videos and had a discussion time with the group at large. They then broke us up into groups of 3/4 and we conferred on a group discussion question. They then asked for us to choose one person to represent the group. They then asked us questions about how our group operated and did not care as much about what was said as much as how we functioned. We concluded the evening by passing around an iPad with standard job interview questions on it for each of us to answer in turn.

After the group interview I went on to have interviews with a manager, store manager, and district manager. These interviews were very similar. They try to make it more of a conversation then a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. They are looking for a certain type of person, so they ask questions to know how you think and react.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (Gilbert, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Went through four interviews before finding out that I got the job. There was a large group interview, and then three more rounds to pass before making it. Most thorough interview process I've ever done.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of the most difficult technological program you've ever had to solve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview

All of the interviews I attended were in a group setting. Some agree with this approach and some disagree. People often complain about them being incredibly competitive, but, if you be yourself then you will be fine. Granted, you have the qualities Apple is looking for. The multiple interviews are lead by different managers of the Apple store, but it all starts with the hiring event in which a little or as much as 40+ people will attend.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to demonstrate your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview

I went into the Apple Store to inquire about a job, and was told I would be placed into a hiring event. The hiring even was 2 weeks later, and it was a very casual group "conversation," with 10 or so people sitting around a conference table, mingling and playing ice breaker games while we were being observed by members of management. After the first group interview, I was told I'd be moving on the the next step, which was a 2:1 interview with a different member of management, as well as one from the group hiring event.

Afterwards, I had another individual interview with the store leader, who is the top manager of the store. After that, I was told I'd have one more interview with the regional manager, which was about 45 minutes and took place over the phone. Two weeks later I was told I'd been offered the job via phone call from an in store member of management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation. Process, they called me and told me I was receiving the offer and told me what the hourly starting rate is. I accepted over the phone.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Hartford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

First was at a hotel with 30 other potential employees. Apple had 3-4 store managers describing each position that a retail store has in house. The next interview was with 2 people, store director and the market manager. The entire process took about 3 months. It took about 2 months to get the first interview after I applied. It took about 2 weeks between the first two interviews and then another 2 weeks to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a customer service experience.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Interview

be punctual detailed and yourself. They love individuality and people people. Also long as you can commit yourself and not seem robotic. smile and enjoy life this place is for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview

I had an employee referral and had no contact for 2 months,Then I got a call and did a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes, was told I would get a call back in the next day or two, they ended up calling me two hours later to schedule a face to face interview with the manager of that store. Then had another one with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Say a customer needed help between an iPad and a Macbook Air, how would you differentiate between the two?   Answer Question