Apple

Average Difficulty
384 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Garden City, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Interview Details – Overview :

Overall the interviews are very comfortable, I think the interviewers did a good job at making you feel comfortable but still asking those questions that will make you really think. You're showing yourself and personally through your past experiences , what you know about a specialist from what you've experience with specialists or anyone else at the Apple Stores and what the career website shows. Be able to speak about a personal experience you had with Apple. Please just be yourself, they will appreciate that and you're likely to get through.

Run through:

1. Phone interview

- Be prepared to not only talk about your work history, but also what's not listed in the job description on your resume, like what skills you gained and briefly discuss any personal experiences
- They are going to ask you why Apple so be ready to talk about that, if you want this job, don't be generic.
- 20 minutes long avg

2. Group interview
- The group interview consist of planning a trip to see how well you work with others and speaking about your personal experiences at your current/previous jobs.
- Try to be the first one at the group interview. They say arrive 10 minutes early, get there 30 minutes early, you'll have time to calm your nerves and compose answers to questions if you're the nervous type
- There'll be at least 4 other people.
- Make sure you're introducing yourself to other candidates and other people you come into contact with.
- It'll show how friendly you are to strangers or to anyone who is possibly watching.

3. Final Interview ( 2-on-one )

Please just be yourself, be positive, smile, make eye contact, don't be stiff, joke light heartedly if you can/know how to , it'll make you likable and memorable. They'll ask you again about your work history and some questions that test your personality. They stumped me with one questions " what frustrates you the most "... I took a minute to think of how I could answer this questions and not sound mean, because lets face it, we're human. I searched my mind for a minute and make sure I had a really good answer. I think they both appreciated that I was putting a lot of thought in the answer. Make sure you have question in the end, it shows interest as well and that you're curious about what's behind the company curtain. I know I said don't be generic but I'll admit, my questions were some what generic and I beat myself up a little bit for that.

Nonetheless, I got a positive reaction from one of the interviewers , said something along the lines of " well, keep checking your email ". Even though I basically was told I got the job, I still sent a thank you email to speak about my experience in the interview and what I learned about myself. Also for this last email I brought up why I would be the best person for the job. Finally, this shows interests.

So then 3 days later I got a call and I'm hired ! I have 3 days of training coming up !

Advice :
Be yourself ! Be confident ! Be positive !
Have a strong cover letter and well organized resume that lends light to the job
Be passionate
Relate your answers to what you would be doing as a Specialist
Already own apple product(s)
Have a personal Apple experience to speak about
Always ask " what is the next step "
FOLLOW UP WITH THANK YOU EMAILS !!!!
Arrive 30 minutes early to each interview !
Introduce yourself to others around you
Basics : smile, eye contact,

Response times:
Online app to email for Phone interview : 3 hours
Phone interview to Group interview : 1 day
Group interview to Final interview : 10 minutes
Final interview to hire : 3 days.

Do NOT feel any way if you're process isn't as fast for you especially if you're applying right now, they explained they wanted to get as many people as possible in before the holiday season.

FYI :
You don't need to know the specs of apple products before hand as a Specialist, wouldn't hurt to know any current news and bullet point specs of the newest products incase they switch things up.

Good luck to anyone else going for this job ! I hope I helped clear the smoke !

Interview Questions

• what frustrates you the most   View Answers (2)
  • Tell me about a time where you were given negative feedback from a supervisor or manager and how did you handle it   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you had to satisfy a customer who could not be satisfied , how did you handle it   View Answer
  • What does Apple mean to you   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Started off applying online by submitting cover letter and resume.
Got an email from the hiring manager to participate in a group event.
Went to the interview and there was an activity that measured excitement, leadership, and initiative. After this, a roundtable discussion between the applicants and some of the employees, who were taking notes.
Got a call after the interview, asked to come in again later that week.
The hiring manager did a tech screen and we discussed what availability would be like.
Had two more interviews with junior managers.
The final interview was with the Store Leader and Market Leader, and it was extremely unnerving because the questions were aggressive and their gazes seemed intentionally unimpressed.

So impressed with the way the company handles itself.

Interview Question – Tell me something that's unique about you.   Answer Question

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview Details – A little long but gave me the chance to get to know everyone and make the best decision for myself

Interview Question – I was just myself and all the answers to the questions came naturally   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation here.

Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Interview Details – Went to a group interview at a hotel and got to know the Apple Retail culture. Got called for a second interview which was with two other individuals and then another interview with the regional manager immediately after that one the same day. Third interview with one of the store managers at the actual store you would be working at. Interview is really laid back and you will know if you fit in right away in the interview with the regional manager.

Interview Question – Noting was too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I should have though because the raises are a joke with this company.

Newark, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process took about four weeks. They are mostly concerned more about your personality than they are about your skills/talent. Just be yourself, that's really important during the interview process. Smile and be confident. As per the interview questions, they typically ask you mostly about behavioral questions. For example, name a time where you were faced with a problem and how you handled it.

Be prepared with lots of example, because they love people who can talk.

Interview Question – There were any technical questions, it was primarily behavior based questions. Impress the interviewer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were really any negotiation that took place.

Aventura, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Interview Details – First received a call to schedule an interview at the store after being recommended by someone currently working at that location. I was asked to come in to meet with the hiring manager. As I arrived at the store, I was told that the manager would be 30 minutes late. At this point I basically stood and spoke to the same woman who I had set up the interview with over the phone. It was all just basic 'getting to know you' type conversation. This is something Apple does to gauge how you act around other people to get a feel of your personality. After 30 minutes had passed, the manager showed up and we proceeded to walk through the mall to find a bench to sit down and talk. Overall, it was a pretty relaxed interview. He started it out with 'Why do you want to work for Apple?' and from there went onto asking what my favorite features on some Apple products were and what I was passionate about. After speaking for about 15-20 minutes, he told me I would be contacted via e-mail with an offer or if they decided to go with another route.

Interview Question – Name one time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what you did to assess the situation.   Answer Question

Canoga Park, CA

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Hiring event where they see many people at once, and if they like you, they call you back. Then received 2 interviews with two different managers, then called back for interview with store leader. He liked me so I got the job. Pretty straight forward questions about what you like about apple, your experience with apple, your people skills, your personality. standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Didn't receive any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The interview process is rigorous and at times a bit stressful. You will start with a large group interview where management see how you interact and listen to others. Next you will go on to either a one on one interview or a panel interview. You usually have at least two of these before your final interview with the store leader who makes the final decision. Over all, if you're patient, kind, friendly, and deal with high stress and ambiguous working environments, get ready to sign that paperwork, because you're working for Apple.

Interview Question – No really unexpected questions, but a lot of conversation that seems frivolous, as they are trying to understand your personality.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview Details – Definitely a gruelling and unnecessarily complicated interview process for a retail position. But in retrospect, I understand the need to hire great people. In the end, other than their products, Apple (and its retail stores) are known for their people and culture. The process involved 3 interviews with various levels of management in the store. These included the hiring manager, as well as floor managers and even other Specialists.

Interview Question – It was not a question per say, rather it was to play the role of a Specialist on the floor.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and a month later got invited to a group seminar at a hotel. Once you get to the seminar, you will fill out a sheet of questions testing your knowledge of apple. you will get paired with a partner and you both will get up in front of everyone and introduce each other. after that everyone will break into groups and they will ask you a series of hypothetical questions.

Interview Question – Nothing to challenging.   Answer Question