Apple

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.8

Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

I went into the Apple Store to inquire about a job, and was told I would be placed into a hiring event. The hiring even was 2 weeks later, and it was a very casual group "conversation," with 10 or so people sitting around a conference table, mingling and playing ice breaker games while we were being observed by members of management. After the first group interview, I was told I'd be moving on the the next step, which was a 2:1 interview with a different member of management, as well as one from the group hiring event.

Afterwards, I had another individual interview with the store leader, who is the top manager of the store. After that, I was told I'd have one more interview with the regional manager, which was about 45 minutes and took place over the phone. Two weeks later I was told I'd been offered the job via phone call from an in store member of management.

Interview Questions
There really wasn't a negotiation. Process, they called me and told me I was receiving the offer and told me what the hourly starting rate is. I accepted over the phone.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Specialist Interview

be punctual detailed and yourself. They love individuality and people people. Also long as you can commit yourself and not seem robotic. smile and enjoy life this place is for you.

no negotiation

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

I had an employee referral and had no contact for 2 months,Then I got a call and did a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes, was told I would get a call back in the next day or two, they ended up calling me two hours later to schedule a face to face interview with the manager of that store. Then had another one with the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Say a customer needed help between an iPad and a Macbook Air, how would you differentiate between the two?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Group Interview with about 40 other applicants and 10 managers + hr/admins. Then 2 more 1:1 interviews with management.

Interview Questions
    • Each person had to give a 1-2 minute impromptu presentation about an apple product or software.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

3 rounds, phone group, and manager. Just focus on customer service and dedication to a complete solution.

None

Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Okay, first of all, I didn't hear back until TWO MONTHS after I first submitted my application online, so don't worry. No phone interview, but was invited directly to the group hiring event at the hotel. Everyone here has described it well. One thing I disagree on with many reviews here is that you have to don't have to be super talkative at the event. If you're the type to make friends with the person sitting next to you, then great, do that. But if you're not, then don't! It's obvious when you're trying to be chatty to come off as outgoing. People did this at mine and it just looked and sounded very awkward. They're not looking for a social butterfly, just seem approachable, smile at what's being said, look in the direction of whoever's speaking. No need to raise your hand for every single question, just once or twice, and for things you actually have a good answer for. Have energy and smile when you talk! I just shook the hands of whoever was there when I walked out the door, no need to hang around and go talk to every single person. The person deciding on whether or not you move forward is the one you do the iPad activity with, so impress them with your great attitude and articulate answers. It's very casual. And don't make up answers or exaggerate because a few people did and they catch you really quickly and it will be embarrassing. Be honest. They're all behavioral.

Three days later I received an email to schedule a group interview (2 other people) with the store leader the following week. This lasted an hour and was a little more intense in that you really had to go into a lot more detail and was more of a rapid question style. They want someone who can hold a conversation and discuss ideas with enthusiasm. This was the only time I was asked anything about technology. If they ask you to show them something with your iPhone, DON'T SHOW THEM A NON-APPLE APP. Show them something about THE iPHONE itself or something APPLE has done and is a great selling feature. I honestly totally messed this up but at least tried to talk about a phone feature and said I'd need to learn more about the details, but that I thought this particular feature is a great selling point and why. The next day I was invited to schedule an interview with the market leader in two weeks time.

This interview was very quick. It was supposed to be 30 minutes, but it only lasted 10. It's mostly just a once over and final check mark. You've already interviewed with the store leader in round 2, so just keep doing what you're doing. It's the same questions you've been asked previously and by now you probably know just what to say! I heard back the same day that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Show and explain a feature of the iPhone which would appeal to customers.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

There was a hiring seminar then 3 interviews that followed. I had applied online and received an email invitation to a hiring seminar. It was a larger group, which clearly made some of the candidates uncomfortable, especially during the role playing part.

As for the interviews, each consisted of meeting with multiple store managers at the same time. The questions were less technical but still product related. There were the usual scenario questions-no difficult ones. For the final interview, I met with the market leader. After my interview with the market leader, I was asked to complete an assignment that demonstrated my technical skills.

It was evident that management was looking for someone that fit into the Apple culture. They were looking for the perfect package: someone laid-back, personable, and friendly with exceptional technical skill/product knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell an iPad to a person who already has a laptop?   View Answer

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

The interviews were unorthodox from what i'm used to, but in a good way. I got an email notification of an open position, submitted my application within the next couple hours & got a phone call to schedule an interview the very next day. They gave me a choice of either "tomorrow" or in 2 days. I chose in 2 days. My first was with the recruiter at the in-mall coffee shop; second was the same day just a few minutes after the 1st one ended with the store leader/manager. I got a call the next afternoon to schedule a third with the market leader in another 2 days (over the phone). You progress to the next interview at the discretion of the previous. There is a fourth/final interview if you make it all the way (which i did not). I was told I would hear back "soon" with a decision. I got a rejection email the day after my phone interview. From the day i submitted my application, to the day I got a rejection email was exactly a week. All 3 of my interviews were very casual. Just getting to know you to see you were "people person" with good communication skills. The number of interviews seemed a little extreme for an entry-level position, but that's probably just Apple being Apple. Very thorough and strict.

Specialist Interview

Received an email to join a group interview 3 weeks after application. Interview group was around 25 people. Watched a couple videos about working at Apple and was asked questions at the end of each video. Was then broken up into 4 groups. Questions were asked by the manager round robin style about your personal experience with customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a specific time when you went above and beyond in customer service to help someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

After being referred which seems to be how Apple hires most of its people, I got a phone call and was invited for an interview. The first interview was with a manager, then a week or so later I got invited in for a second interview with a senior manager. A few days later, I interviewed with the general manager and got the job shortly after. Some coworkers had had six interviews for the same part-time position I went for.

Interview Questions
    • Apple didn't hire Specialists based on technical knowledge, which I guess wasn't surprising. The interviewers focused more on customer service, teamwork, and stress-management skills.   Answer Question
    Negotiations had to be approved by some corporate office -- I assumed this was standard for companies of this size. It wasn't easy to get them to push numbers up.