Apple

Apple Store Manager Interview Questions

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

It is a lengthy interview process that leads to a position at Apple.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2013.

I was a bit taken aback at how casual the employee attire was. A little too casual in fact. I'm not sure that employees should be wearing jean shorts and sneakers but, I digress. I was greeted by senior management within ten minutes of arriving. The male and female interviewers introduced themselves and directed me outside where we sat at a picnic table of sorts.

The interview was straight-forward enough but what I was thrown off by was how rigid and stand-offish the female senior manager was. When answering her questions, she was unable to look me in the eye while we conversed. From her body language I discerned that she just wanted to get the interview over with and move on. The male interviewer, however, was very pleasant, friendly and attentive.

The kicker was when she asked me if I had any further questions in which I asked, "so what is the average work-week like, hourly?" Her face became rigid and she answered with, "we are not here to talk about salaries, benefits or work hours. We are trying to figure out whether you can lead a team or not." At that point I knew the interview was over.

The male interviewer bid me a good day as the female employee walked ahead of him towards the store in The Domain. Needless to say I was not offered the position, despite being well qualified.

Interview Questions
    • "What would be your slogan for yourself?"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Had several conversations with recruiter over the phone and met with local District Manager

Interview Questions
    • Clearly the local DM had no experience in interviewing, didn't ask much. Told me a story about falling asleep in a store when he was a Store Manager. No impressed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2011.

you gotta asked questions about the products, about how you perform in front of peopole. the capacity to listen.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle someone who eats a pizza in the store?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2009.

I interviewed with the Store Manager for a comparable position. Standard interview ?s, just the the thing that stuck out was how disinterested he seemed in being there. He was late to interview and did not appear to be in the store earlier in the day. He was one of the most arrogant people I have ever interviewed with and asked the most ludicrous questions repeatedly. The managers of these stores seem more interested in their egos than hiring a diverse and qualified staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apple in July 2009.

Ridiculous interview in a mall food court
    For the worlds most admired company, I was blown away by their overly casual attitude
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it, but c'mon...I still want to be professional and its hard to answer their 3hrs of interview questions with screaming kids, parents and the smell of fried food.

Seriously, how can Apple hire managers from Williams Sonoma, Gap and Starbucks to sell technology solutions to customers? Makes no sense...and even worse, the managers constantly joke they know nothing about the products; very tacky! Yes, the aforementioned companies are great at merchandising and creating a great experience, but they do not "Sell"; people walk in and know what they want. This is the trap Apple is falling into. A store full of arrogant retail snobs who know nothing about overcoming objections or asking for the sale.

The district managers are just as bad, always on their iphones interrupting the interview and putting out fires...whatever...i know how field mgmt works, they have it easy, mon-fri half days usually. My old District Manager would stop by for 1 hr per week and then go off to take care of his bratty kids the rest of the day.

For a company that prides itself on diversity, I saw no people of color in mgmt ranks...EVERYONE was white, blonde and tanned. LIKE, OH MY GOSH! Honestly, the worker bees are diverse, but all the managers are white as can be.

Anyways, enough ranting, standard interview questions and each person seems to ask the SAME question as their counterparts but only in different manner. Very boring and I had to push myself to stay focused past their repetition, stupid jokes, loud environment and senseless small talk (who cares what your favorite food is?)

I would agree that Apple is incredible; great brand w/ great products and their stores are THE retail experience to beat, but how long will this last? It seems like their customer segment is already saturated. I mean, c'mon, how many ipods can a person buy every few years?

I really see Apple retail hitting hard times in the next 3-5 yrs. They are too mgmt heavy and focus too much on creating a fun atmosphere vs selling solutions to customers. I saw five customers leave with no bags and just knew they would be going to Best Buy or Wal Mart to purchase the item the rep spent 30min talking to them about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in December 2008.

Interview consisted of behavior based questions, multiple interviews with every facet of leaderhisp to operational processes to devleopment of others. Eveyrone was very in depth, asked probing questions and made you feel at ease. The interviewee's were district and regional based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me at time you had to have a difficult conversation and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2008.

Phone interview, 3 separate interviews, first two with one person the final was a panel interview. I think they thought they were asking me hard, earth shattering questions, but it was really silly. They care more about the culture and what everyone looks like rather than what you can do for them as a store manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is your hiring process like when you are assembling a team?   View Answer
    • Would you stay open later if our customers were still hungry to get in after a product launch?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in May 2009.

I spoke with a recruiter on the phone for about an hour than I was directed to the district manager for an interview. I later interviewed with a store manager and my final interview was with the regional manager. It took over two months to go through the process and after I received the job they joke that it is easier to get into college than a job at Apple.

Interview Questions
    There is little room for negotiates and you never know untill you ask but it has to go through the regional manager