Apple

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – First a group interview and then 2-3 one on one interviews with managers

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Mac Genius Interview

Mac Genius
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring seminar. Dozens of potential candidates in a room playing team building games while hiring staff watch your responses. Stand out, show passion to get noticed.

Interview Question – Stock written test to access your knowledge. Basic hardware and software. Ports, peripherals and compatability   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not sent to hiring seminar. Recruiter sent me direct to the store Manager. 3 interviews and negotiations were very comfortable and reasonable.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online. Heard back the following day. Had three interviews with people. Attended optional hiring seminar, but wasn't required to do that. Final interview was with future store manager. Hired full time. Throughout, the interviewers did most of the talking. They want to know if you have good listening skills.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was acceptable.

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Creative (Apple Store)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very organized. first we all had to wait outside of a conference room in a downtown Hyatt hotel. once the interview started, all the apple employees would cheer us into the room. it took about 2 hours total. it consisted of, first, introducing all the staff running the interview (4 of them) and we all had to go in turn introducing ourselves and something interesting about ourselves (we were encouraged to be out of the box with that). then, they showed us several videos presenting what it would be like to work for apple retail.

we then broke into 3 groups of 9 with each having an apple employee run a discussion group. they would act out different scenarios that might happen with employees and we would in turn have to comment and make decisions based on what they said.

finally we were giving a chance to ask them some questions and fill out a questionnaire that tested our familiarity with technology terms (i.e.- what is Wifi, and what are 3 apple products use it?)

Interview Questions

• An old lady walks into the store to hide from the rain, what do you do?   Answer Question
  • what are 2 solutions for a customer looking for help backing up their data?   Answer Question

Apple Store Leader Program Interview

Apple Store Leader Program
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview Details – group interview, weird because everyone applied for sales jobs except me. I wasn't sure how they would consider me for a position that is far beyond just sales.

Interview Question – no technical knowledge? ha. you need to know some technical, they will ask you questions on "behavioural" but more like product knowledge combined.   Answer Question

Back of House Specialist Interview

Back of House Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview
group interview
one on one interview

Interview Question – All situation questions.
Name a time when you were faced with a tough situation at work in your previous employment. How did you deal with it?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I accepted

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initially a recruiter for Apple contacted me after seeing my profile on LinkedIn. Advised that Apple needed to move quickly on a newly created position. Almost 3 mos before first 1:1 interview. Strange interviews - advised it was all about "the fit". Questions were met with vague responses.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself....   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – The first stage was a panel of interviewers viewing a group of us interacting with on another on a number of case study situations. The second stage was a one on one interview. The last stage was an interview with the senior Human Resources Manager.

Interview Question – Have you been ever put into a position that you were unable to respond appropriately to?   View Answer

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process took longer then usual as I applied abroad before arriving in the country I was moving to. I had an online interview with Apple HR, followed by 2 more with store managers. Upon arrival in the country, I had another 2 more in person meetings and heard a few days later I got the job from HR.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a phone call 2 weeks later (there was a new store opening). Attended a group interview. They have a few things they look for during the session - you're being evaluated when you don't realize you are. They did quick role-plays. We were all dismissed, then those who did well got a call back within hours. There was a second interview with Market/Store leaders. Then they called me to offer the job.

Interview Question – cannot remember anything that threw me for a loop.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's not much for negotiation. If you're a student, get your foot in the door. If you're older/mature, you could push the envelope a little bit, but, still better to get your foot in the door.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!