Apple

Relevance Date Difficulty

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Red Zone Specialist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – 30-40 person assessment centre followed by 6 person interview with 2 managers on the interview panel. The assessment centre gave us an opportunity to show how we actively listen, how we engage with a customer and how we assess their specific needs. Apple hire your personality and they believe that through diversity that they can build strong retail teams.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you needed to adapt to change.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Design Manager Interview

Senior Design Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Interview process was dreadful, with 3 back to back interviews. PA, Asha to snr management to Marcom- London UK was super fast talking, kept repeating at least 5x how 'hard of a place to work, apple is?'. They seem to be more interested to the overwhelming sales numbers, than actually working with people. A colleague of mine from burberry lasted only 7Months in marcom!

Interview Question – Was asked the question of how to improve the store environment?   View Answer

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I had three stages of interview.
I applied online and was called to a hiring event. there were about 30 of us in the room and we had to speak about ourselves and were then placed into groups where we had to come up with a service an Apple Store didn't offer and talk about it. We were then given a customer profile and asked to build them a solution from apple products and service.
the second stage there were 6 of us and we were divided into two groups and had to create a TV add and a Newspaper add for the iPad. we then had 1 on one interviews.
The third interview was one on one with the store manager. which as more of an informal chat.

Interview Question – the most difficult question I was asked was 'How would I adjust to Apple Retail from the way normal retailer's work?' and the most unexpected was when I was asked how much I wanted to be paid!   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Mac Specialist (Apple Store)
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interview step process. Applied online with CV and cover letter. Contacted by email to attend 1st interview which was a hiring event with a group of 25 people. Lots of role play and presentations. Following day emailed to attend a 2nd interview. This time with 5 people and a store manager, store leader. Contacted again by email the following day and asked to complete a background check. Emailed for a 3rd interview a week later. This was 4 people and the Store team leader. Received a "Congratulations" phonecall 1 week later. 6 weeks passed with no official phone call with a job offer. "No full time positions are currently available".

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to take a risk" "Tell me about a time your boss asked you to do something you didn't want to do" "Tell me about a time you found something hard to pick up" "Why Apple?"   Answer Question

Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Interview Details – Online application with attached CV/cover letter, followed by questionnaire: at this point they are looking for interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to help people.

Group interview 1 consisted of a room of 20 people, be prepared to speak up and be friendly/outgoing, otherwise you wont be participating in the interview. Be prepared to work in a group and show your team working skills, but also shine as an individual, you will have to pitch a product to sell. Expect role play, focus on your customer service skills.

Interview Question – Why are we successful?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Initially contacted through LinkedIn by an Apple recruiter. Asked a list of 10 standard questions (why you want to work for them etc) and they said they'd get back to me. About 3 months later they got back to me, and asked me the exact same questions again. About 2 months later a different person asked me the same set of questions. About a month after that I had two skype interviews which covered the role(s) I'd be going into, and to let them understand my experience to date. A few weeks later I was told I was invited for interview (2nd last stage prior to interview at Cupertino). At the interview, no questions pertaining to my discipline (electronics) was asked - instead a set of questions pertaining more to mechanical engineering were asked, which threw me off. Only a couple of questions were asked and I noted one interviewer yawning as I was being interviewed toward the end of their day. Not invited for the last stage.

The interviewers seemed like good people, very knowledgeable etc. I have to say that the initial delays and confusion were not welcome and surprising for a company like Apple. Because they're big, you don't get the personal touch and care a smaller company will offer. Beware that in the States, you pretty much have to dedicate your life to work there depending on the department you work for, and of course, they only get approx 9 days holiday in addition to State holidays. I was disappointed not to be invited to the last stage, but also a little relieved. In Europe the work:life balance is far preferable, and although the money is higher in the States, it isn't THAT much higher given working hours and the cost of housing in California. In the future I will stick to smaller and more intimate companies that respect their employees a little better.

Interview Question – Mech Eng / Physics questions only - no electronics which is what I specialise in.   Answer Question

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Creative (Apple Store)
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – A group interview with around 30 people.
First the recruiters introduce Apple, showing you videos of what has made the company so successful, and how many stores they have a round the world. They then ask around the room if anyone has 'any ideas on what has made Apple stores succesful, and why this is.

The next stage of the interview is in smaller groups of 5-6, with each group given a customer profile. With the customer profile, you work in groups to suggest an apple product that would suit them.

The final stage is roleplay. Each person takes it in turns to act as either the employee and customer. The recruiters give the customer a scenario, and the two candidates act it out. The onus is on the 'employee' to ask questions to find out what the candidate needs, and to suggest a solution to their problem.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The interview is more a personality test, to see if you can provide good customer service, whilst being friendly.   Answer Question

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Three-step hiring program. Step one maths group interview, stick to whittle down to few interview, then the last that was me against two others.

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – good filtering process, friendly but business like , hiring the right candidate is priority to ensure retention - first a chat with HR, then with recruiting manager, then formal interview with directors

Interview Question – none - if you have done your research, and prepared strong examples with testimonial evidence   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – work life balance and circumstances had changed

Very Difficult Interview

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Creative (Apple Store)
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview in 2005 - Meticulous and lengthy - many phone calls, group sessions, role playing, individual activities. The interview was a whole day of activities involving individual tasks and group ones designed to show how you interact with a team. there were also many role playing tasks.

There was then a telephone interview with the store manager which was followed up by more questions via email. I was then sent a job offer and had another telephone call to talk through the particulars before accepting the offer.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you were instrumental in solving a problem that changed somebody's life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was not negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.