Apple

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Whole day interview. Include three small interviews, coding task, presentation and team work. Interviews include general interview, motivation interview and technical interview. Coding task is to build a calculator, not hard but should build with creativity. Team work is really dumb, boring. People are not very friendly at Apple.

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Email arranging an interview, hotel setting for the first, around 40-50 people, questions offered out to the group. Introducing the person next to you. Put into groups of 4-5 and given customer scenarios and you and your team have to think of a solution then present it to the group. Email sent to you asking to fill out some things about you on a pdf type document
    Following this an interview in a board room type setting, around 8 people this time, talk about the details on your pdf.

Interview Questions
    • 'the most significant person or moment in my life is…'   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in January 2015.

I could not contain my delight when I received an email from Apple stating that I have been selected to attend a hiring event in London, although the email was sent 2 weeks prior.
    The day eventually came, in anticipation I eagerly made my way on a very early start by giving myself ample time for travel.
    Got to the venue half an hour early to find several people there filling in forms about our personal details and location preferences and the hours we could work etc.

At 10 am sharpish in the actual Hiring room all candidates 12 in total were seated with our names displayed on ourselves The meeting started off with an introduction from the members i.e HR, a Genius and Store manager- They all at this stage said " I love my job at Apple" the standard yarn!
    We then had to introduce the person sitting next to you,stating their name,what is their present job and something personal about them which took 30 seconds for each and everyone to do. We then watched several Apple videos showcasing actual staff members from various positions. I felt at this stage I was joining a cult everyone in the video was talking somewhat "abstract" and "ideological" perfect utopia!! you could not put a foot wrong. The next stage we did role plays which took approx 45 seconds for each and everyone to complete as we were timed.

At the end of the procedure we were told by the HR member that MOST of us here today will not be successful, if you are not successful you will receive an email in 2 days, if you are successful to reach the next stage it could take about a week to hear. The HR member then said if you apply again please do, however we ask that you wait at least 6 Months before you do!!!!

To think of it all I actually don't think anyone from the 12 candidates I met that day could of got to the next stage ....I actually think it was more of a training exercise for the the existing members because we were all so similar ....Today this morning at 8.30 am I received the rejection email did not see that coming I'm impressed by the fact it got sent to me so early in the day!!!

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Got through up to the final stage, really layed back and relaxed, all the questions are about you not about any previous work that you may have done, unlike most job interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would yourself from 10 years in the future say to you if they spoke to you right now.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online. Got an initial informal phone call and a second phone call from a guy from the team. The questions were based on work experience and interest in the role. I really liked the interview. It was informal enough to not be dull and also they asked interesting questions instead of the usual boring ones.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Applied online, received an email inviting me to an interview a week later. Went online and selected a time/date for the interview, it was very organised.
    Interview - There were around 15-20 of us. We first filled out a questionnaire showing the times/dates we could work and our contact details, then we went to the training room where:
    1. talk to the person next to you for 1 minute & introduce them to the group (i.e. This is Sarah, she is a student at ___ university) and then also say 1 way that apple has affected their life (i.e. more productive/quicker)
    2. Work as a team of 4 to come up with as many reasons as to why Apple is such a successful retailer. After presenting our reasons, we were asked individual questions - what reasons we put forward, questions about apple, how we worked as a team etc
    3. Work as a team using a character profile to suggest apple products that would benefit/improve the customers life. E.g. Jordan is a Marketing Executive, she likes cooking & international travel, she wants to replace her old Mac. What products would you suggest to her? After presenting our suggestions, we were again asked individual questions - why we chose this product, alternatives, what accessories, how we worked as a team, etc
    4. We were then presented a presentation with Apple's success, employee benefits, training, what would happen if we progress to the next stage.

The whole process was very relaxed compared to normal interviews, they want employees who fit a certain criteria; friendly, approachable, fun etc.

I didn't progress to the next stage because I couldn't commit to the hours, but the next stage was a 10-15 minute interview with the manager. And then after that, your 2 week training would start.

Interview Questions

I didn't progress to the next stage because I couldn't commit to the hours

Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Applied online, uploaded cv and answered a few multiple choice questions, it was quick and easy.
    Days later i received an email to say i was successful and to book into a group interview, all done online. The interview was a couple of weeks later at a local hotel, there was 6 of us in total with 2 apple managers. We signed a few documents and gave our availability and headed to the conference room where we sat around a table. In turn we introduced ourselves before being posed questions. We were asked to give an example of a time when we were successful however others were unsuccessful, and a time when we had to deal with a crisis. Interview was relaxed, informal and nothing to worry about. I recommend engaging with the group and showing confidence but ultimately, be yourself! The next day I got an email invite to the second stage a week later, i am yet to attend the second stage.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a time when we were successful however others were unsuccessful   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

3 stage interview, the first being a group of 20 with some problem solving, the second being more like a typical interview with standard questions and the third being similar to the first but with more focus on your personality.

I thought I did very well in each stage with a lot of people who knew about my interviews thinking I got the job, including an Apple Store employee. Alas received a generic email after 3 weeks of interviewing with no hope of feedback. Not being able to get feedback is hard pill to swallow.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you succeeded at something where your team had failed.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

4 interviews. Initial HR screen. Then interview with junior manager who asks the toughest questions. Final interview with senior line manager and business head. You do need to know the products and have a strong interest in the industry. Takes about three weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe how corporate income tax is calculated?   Answer Question

Wanted to stay in banking.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

The process took roughly over a month, I put forward my details to become a specialist online and I received an email regarding a Specialist Hiring Event which was in hotel 2 minutes away from the store.
    When arriving at the event, you were made to sign a few sheets of paper regarding availability. You were walked into a large room where roughly 10 members of staff would clap you in until everyone had a seat around the large circle (there was roughly 30 other people applying).
    The interview was roughly watching videos showing what apple do, apple products and apple worldwide which lasted about half hour.

The main process of the interview was to be split up into groups of 6 (roughly) and to sell an Apple service which they already didn't do and 'sell' it to the circle and staff. You were given A1 sized paper for visual presentation and was told to present in front of the room.