Apple

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Got through up to the final stage, really layed back and relaxed, all the questions are about you not about any previous work that you may have done, unlike most job interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would yourself from 10 years in the future say to you if they spoke to you right now.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online. Got an initial informal phone call and a second phone call from a guy from the team. The questions were based on work experience and interest in the role. I really liked the interview. It was informal enough to not be dull and also they asked interesting questions instead of the usual boring ones.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Applied online, received an email inviting me to an interview a week later. Went online and selected a time/date for the interview, it was very organised.
    Interview - There were around 15-20 of us. We first filled out a questionnaire showing the times/dates we could work and our contact details, then we went to the training room where:
    1. talk to the person next to you for 1 minute & introduce them to the group (i.e. This is Sarah, she is a student at ___ university) and then also say 1 way that apple has affected their life (i.e. more productive/quicker)
    2. Work as a team of 4 to come up with as many reasons as to why Apple is such a successful retailer. After presenting our reasons, we were asked individual questions - what reasons we put forward, questions about apple, how we worked as a team etc
    3. Work as a team using a character profile to suggest apple products that would benefit/improve the customers life. E.g. Jordan is a Marketing Executive, she likes cooking & international travel, she wants to replace her old Mac. What products would you suggest to her? After presenting our suggestions, we were again asked individual questions - why we chose this product, alternatives, what accessories, how we worked as a team, etc
    4. We were then presented a presentation with Apple's success, employee benefits, training, what would happen if we progress to the next stage.

The whole process was very relaxed compared to normal interviews, they want employees who fit a certain criteria; friendly, approachable, fun etc.

I didn't progress to the next stage because I couldn't commit to the hours, but the next stage was a 10-15 minute interview with the manager. And then after that, your 2 week training would start.

Interview Questions

I didn't progress to the next stage because I couldn't commit to the hours

Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Applied online, uploaded cv and answered a few multiple choice questions, it was quick and easy.
    Days later i received an email to say i was successful and to book into a group interview, all done online. The interview was a couple of weeks later at a local hotel, there was 6 of us in total with 2 apple managers. We signed a few documents and gave our availability and headed to the conference room where we sat around a table. In turn we introduced ourselves before being posed questions. We were asked to give an example of a time when we were successful however others were unsuccessful, and a time when we had to deal with a crisis. Interview was relaxed, informal and nothing to worry about. I recommend engaging with the group and showing confidence but ultimately, be yourself! The next day I got an email invite to the second stage a week later, i am yet to attend the second stage.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a time when we were successful however others were unsuccessful   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

3 stage interview, the first being a group of 20 with some problem solving, the second being more like a typical interview with standard questions and the third being similar to the first but with more focus on your personality.

I thought I did very well in each stage with a lot of people who knew about my interviews thinking I got the job, including an Apple Store employee. Alas received a generic email after 3 weeks of interviewing with no hope of feedback. Not being able to get feedback is hard pill to swallow.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you succeeded at something where your team had failed.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

4 interviews. Initial HR screen. Then interview with junior manager who asks the toughest questions. Final interview with senior line manager and business head. You do need to know the products and have a strong interest in the industry. Takes about three weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe how corporate income tax is calculated?   Answer Question

Wanted to stay in banking.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

The process took roughly over a month, I put forward my details to become a specialist online and I received an email regarding a Specialist Hiring Event which was in hotel 2 minutes away from the store.
    When arriving at the event, you were made to sign a few sheets of paper regarding availability. You were walked into a large room where roughly 10 members of staff would clap you in until everyone had a seat around the large circle (there was roughly 30 other people applying).
    The interview was roughly watching videos showing what apple do, apple products and apple worldwide which lasted about half hour.

The main process of the interview was to be split up into groups of 6 (roughly) and to sell an Apple service which they already didn't do and 'sell' it to the circle and staff. You were given A1 sized paper for visual presentation and was told to present in front of the room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

After keeping my CV on file from a few months back, Apple contacted me regarding their London hiring event in which you simply register online and select a date and time that suits you.

The first stage was incredibly relaxed. You are asked to dress business casual and are usually with a large group. You have to spend 5 minutes talking to the person sitting next to you and introduce them to the group (they introduce you in turn), then have two group activities. The first being a presentation then a role-play. Remember that the specifics here do not matter, Apple are looking for a personality type only. So engage with those around you and stay positive.

The second stage was more intimate and the groups were smaller and held at the store you are applying for. Perhaps 6 people or so. Here you are asked a few competency questions regarding scenarios you've had to deal with at your current workplace etc. Again just try and stay relaxed, positive and honest. Even if you don't have the perfect answer, your personality might just be winning enough.

The final stage will come as a shock. Another group interview with the store manager and another senior. Expect about 10 people all of who already fit the Apple store mould. This time you are expected to speak a bit about yourself BUT also engage with the group and interviewers. Be able to converse, ask questions and show an interest. I also think at this point your interests and hobbies play a role. What you currently do etc really matters because it gives you something to talk about and the interviewers to pick up and engage you with.

Also be prepared to do some homework. A background check with Hire Right needs to be completed where you upload copies of your passport etc. It's a little daunting but must be done.

There were no one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us a bit about yourself" (final stage)   View Answer
    None.

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I had three stages of interview.
    I applied online and was called to a hiring event. there were about 30 of us in the room and we had to speak about ourselves and were then placed into groups where we had to come up with a service an Apple Store didn't offer and talk about it. We were then given a customer profile and asked to build them a solution from apple products and service.
    the second stage there were 6 of us and we were divided into two groups and had to create a TV add and a Newspaper add for the iPad. we then had 1 on one interviews.
    The third interview was one on one with the store manager. which as more of an informal chat.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question I was asked was 'How would I adjust to Apple Retail from the way normal retailer's work?' and the most unexpected was when I was asked how much I wanted to be paid!   Answer Question

Senior Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Process took approx 1 month, I was approached by a london recruiter.. Later I learned from Colleagues how touch a place apple marcom is to work. To people friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Director asked repeated questions, very boring and not engaging....   Answer Question