Apple

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

RF Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Probably one of the difficult interviews to crack since my position was not well defined. Though I was giving an interview for an RF Engineer, I was asked questions related to all the seven layers of the OSI model right from the physical to the application layer as well as questions on programming. This was because it was a kind of floating position between two departments working together. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • None difficult as such. Just that the content to cover was large.   Answer Question

At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2013.

The position was for an at home job so essentially they wanted people who can spare 20 hours a week in your place without distraction and particular net speed and other such requirements. The interview concentrated on how passionate you are about Apple and how good your troubleshooting skills are. No prior knowledge as such required but should have used as many Apple devices as possible and show interest in Apple products only.

Interview Questions
    • I had worked on an Android project and she started to ask questions like whst if there is a conflict in your schedule and you have to choose between the job or the project. And she said you do know that Apple and Android are competitors right so why work on that!!   View Answers (3)

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Initially it was difficult for me to find out if my resume and application was received by the organization. I also found it a bit confusing that after my first and second interview which was presented in a group, my third interview and my final interview was also a group interview. This made the interview process more like a competition between the interviewee present.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult to answer, but since all questions were asked in a round robin style of questioning, you had to make sure that your answer was more interesting than the person who went before you.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, since the starting pay for a part time wage was much higher than the minimum wage. It was double the minimum wage in fact, which deterred me from looking to negotiate.

Mac Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Very stringient, when through 3 interviews to be a specialist that was whittled down from over 1000 people.

Interview Questions
    • The most important question is on customer focus. All the correct answers are what is best for the customer not what your opinion is.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2011.

It starts with a hiring event and then proceeds to numerous interviews to weed out the extraneous applicants. short and sweet, be different! be divergent, be out of the box, go against to grain of what you would say in a normal retail setting because this isn't the normal retail setting! talk about your passions and how apple is relevant to those passions and promote the brand!

Interview Questions
    being that it is still an hourly position and salary doesn't come into play until management or business team affiliation, not much negotiation but the pay and the benefits alone are good enough to not care!

Retail Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Started with group seminar. Call backs done via phone. Second interviews done on a small group/individual basis.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2011.

I applied online and about a week later I was contacted via email by a store manager at one of the multiple stores I applied to. The email stated that there was an upcoming hiring event that Sunday at 7pm, and that I needed to RSVP as "seats were limited". I gladly RSVP'd and anxiously awaited the date. That Sunday I dressed in a Polo shirt and some casual khaki cargo pants with semi casual shoes. When I arrived, there was a line of about 35-40 people of all ages and ethnicities, dressed in a wide range of attire. One of the Specialist' came out and gave us each a name tag and asked each of us down the line why we were a good fit for Apple as he typed away at his iPad. Next, we were ushered in to a tunnel of shouting, clapping Apple employees. There were stools setup in theater formation around the Genius Bar, I sat in front as I wanted to be noticed and maybe someone would remember my face. First the employees introduced themselves then we proceeded to watch a video of why Apple was so great and were asked a few simple questions anyone could answer as long as they paid minimum attention. Next they split us into groups based upon numbers pre-written on our name tags. At this point the employees are walking around each group examining how well you communicate and work with others. (give opinions but be open. One guy wasn't budging on a position he thought was the best way to handle it but clearly wasn't correct and I could tell the manager watching us noticed) We then presented. Next, we were given applications asking for preferred location, position, availability, future time off, and probably most important, 20 technical questions about Apple and their products. The Manager stated that it didn't matter how many you answer but in reality "why would they even ask them then?" We were then ushered back to our seats for a short Q&A, told that we would be contacted within the week if we were moving on and then allowed to leave.

A few days later (Wednesday) I received a call from an unknown number. He said that he would like to schedule an appointment for an interview the next week. I gladly accepted the earliest time (the next Wed) and thanked him. During this time I gruelingly searched Glassdoor and probably read every entry related to retail. I took down the questions most likely to be asked at the interview and studied them ferociously. When the day arrived I felt ready but still had butterflies. When I arrived it was a 3:1. I greeted each person with a firm handshake and smile. The majority of the questions were more about my background and "Why Apple?" as opposed to "When have you pushed through when something became difficult?" type. We sat and had a more personal conversation with plenty of laughs and smiles rather than "uh huhs" and frowns. This was all at one of those One 2 One tables you see in the stores and lasted around 30 min. Finally i was told i would be contacted soon. Following the interview I felt really confident.

Two days later (Friday) I received a call early in the morning asking if i was able to come in later that day. I, happy to even receive a third interview accepted and again prepared with the questions I had written down from earlier. When I arrived I was told that I would be interviewing with the Region VP and two other Store Managers. This heightened my already present nervousness. I sat down with two other candidates as well. We greeted each other and began the interview round-robin style. Unfortunately I was first, so i had to think quickly and did not get to build off others answers. Almost every question asked was posted somewhere or another on the site. Ending the interview the manager said he would be in touch with us VERY soon.

* One question asked was "What Apple products do we own?" The last girl answered with the most remarkably dumb answer ever, and i was surprised that she had gotten this far; although they do state that you do not need experience with their products. She said that she had been an iPhone user since 2001!!!! All three managers faces kinda winced when that came out her mouth as did I and she continued without a hiccup.

The very next morning again from an unknown number around 10am I received a call stating that they would like me to undergo a background check. I had no worries as I have nothing on my record (1 point on my license for speeding) and have never partaken in drugs of any kind. I filled out the form from a third party investigator and waited. 5 days went by and i began to get a little worried, so I called and asked about it. The manager said he would give me a call back. a few hours later he called back and offered me a full-time Family Room Specialist position. I was extremely happy!

As others here have said just be yourself and be sociable. if you're kind of an introvert like me, just let go of your fears for a days and just say what you feel and you should be good.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to take on a task you thought was too difficult?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to show someone how to do something in a technical way and they did not understand the first time. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to motivate a group of people to complete a goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were had to work in a group and someone wasn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question
    • What do you like about Apple?   Answer Question
    Wasn't much room for negotiation

Apple Store Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in March 2011.

I was offered to participate in the Apple Store Leader Training program interview process. I will be a bachelor's degree graduate in a month and was competing with some current Apple employees (some of which had master's degrees). The interview is supposed to last four days, but I dropped out during the first day. The interview experience was a very positive one; I got to learn a lot from the current candidates in the program and hope to pursue other opportunities at Apple.

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear about the Apple Store Leader Training program?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in February 2011.

group interview with 20 people. Had to preform a skit on your ability to handle customers. Do not expect to get the job if you are a busy college student. I was well over qualified for the job. The manager assumed that I was not able to dedicate my time because I was a involved in alot of organizations on campus. In other words...they hire people with too much time on their hands. Mainly because they want to brainwash you into becoming a cult agent for Apple.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Applied online about 2 week ago from 10/25/10. I received an email request about a week later for a panel/group interview at the Doubletree Hotel in Bethesda. Showed up to a conference room with about 15-20 other applicants. Begun with a brief presentation followed by a short video on the company. We were then asked open ended questions as a group, it was up to us whether or not to respond. Then went on to a ice breaker activity where we were paired with another random person and the grou and were charged with interviewing them to find the answer to two questions: Why they applied with Apple? What is their favorite App? From there we watched another brief video on Apple's product lineup and then responded to questions asked to the group as a whole based on the products Apple sells. After this we were split into two separate groups and asked individual questions. These were both behavior related and tech related. After this we watched a final video and were thanked for showing up to the interview. We were told we would receive a response for a second interview within 24hrs. I received an e-mail this morning 10/26/10 inviting me to a second interview at an actual store with the store manager on 10/27/10. Will post up after this second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is Spotlight on the Apple OS?   View Answers (2)
    • Describe a time where you were unable to meet a customer's needs and how you went about attempting to satisfy these needs?   Answer Question