AppleOne

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at AppleOne in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy, however my interview ran longer because they couldn't find the application I had filled out online. I had to fill it out again, which took an extra half hour. The entire process ended up taking me 3 hours. They had several positions available that I am currently interviewing for, one specifically that I am very interested in.

Interview Question – There weren't any. It was a very simple interview process, they are very interested to know exactly what type of position you feel you would be most suited for, be detailed in letting them know for the best fit.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AppleOne in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and set up an interview for the following week. I was called the next morning and asked a few questions about my work experience. I have never held a job with the job title of administrative assistant (I had employees that had that job title) and so I was told that they were cancelling my interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever held a job as an administrative assistant?   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AppleOne in August 2011.

Interview Details – Don't even waste your time. They "collect all the information" send you to only one interview, and if that is not a match, you get filed in the back of a very deep bucket. Then they annoy you throughout the year, and "suddenly" they just possibly have a job that you "might fit" and send you really annoying emails. And you have to keep them informed weekly as to your status.

Bellevue, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was an overall discussion about my work experience and the type of job I was looking for.

Interview Question – Tell me what you did at your last job   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in September 2011.

Interview Details – AppleOne's testing process took about 90 minutes to complete. I was tested on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The one-on-one interview with their recruiting rep was a wake-up call to me: it made me aware of how much I needed to polish my interviewing skills. I was my own worst enemy! I went to the Employment Development Dept's Job Seeker Center in Sunnyvale and took every class they offered, and it's all free, too. What a huge help that was! In fact, I think it would be worthwhile for these temp agencies to coach their recruits on interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Couldn't negotiate.

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AppleOne in January 2010.

Interview Details – Company contacts you right away after you have completed their detailed, but lengthy online application process. They were very responsive and accomodating tp get you an interview time that best fits your schedule. Seems like they have the process down to a pretty good science.Be prepared for standard skills test. Recruiter I worked with seeemed very busy but attentive to my needs.

Interview Question – What are your salary requiremets?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can be brutally honest with them regarding your minimum pay requirements, and they work hard to dig into what your priorities are in finding a position.

Very Difficult Interview

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very disappointing. I have over 10 years experience in the field I applied for. I took a year off from the field to focus on a degree (a four year degree at that) and worked as a part time waitress during that period. This company could not look past that one year of service to another industry, didnt care what so ever about having recently completed a four year degree, nor the several recommendations I received from prior employers. I spent an hour and a half completing a very detailed application to include a skills test, etc. I know I did well on those test no dought because I have passed them with flying colors on the job & with other temporary agencies. I received a call at the end of business day the day before my interview (which was scheduled three days prior) and told "You have great qualifications however our clients prefer persons with more recent experience". I was astonished that they chose to cancel an in person interview and persue following through with in house testing because they could not look past one year of service outside of the desired industry, especially for what I was able to offer. I feel this company is very narrow minded and has tunnel vision. I actually feel bad for employers who rely on them because I can just imagine the number of well-rounded potential employees they are being cheated of.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AppleOne in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for an Administrative Assistant position I found on Craigslist. I received a phone call from a recruiter at Apple talking about how great a candidate I am for the role. I was immediately hopeful and excited to be getting a chance to interview. I did not how recruiting worked at the time. We immediately scheduled an interview.

Arriving at the office I was asked to fill out paper I already spend 30mins filling out on their website after which I was placed in a room to take a computerized exam. After that point I waited another 30mins and was finally taken into the room for the interview. I spoke to one recruiter who assessed my skills and realized I would be a fit for a position they had directly in their office. She told me the qualifications and asked if I was interested, I said I was. She brought in another employee who used to work in that position who was now a recruiter, we spoke to she told me more about the position I again said I was interested. Two or three more people later, upon walking out I was told that they wanted to consult with another employee and they would call me the following day to ask me to come in for training day. That was the last I heard of AppleOne. They never called me back, they took the position off their site, I contacted the recruiter she did not return my calls or emails.

Administrative Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via phone because the recruiter saw my resume on Careerbuilder. We played phone tag for a couple days, then when I spoke with her we set the interview date for within a week. The interview lasted a few hours, but it was mostly because she was so talkative and over the top. She spent more time critiquing me than actually assessing my knowledge, skills or abilities. In the last 10 mins of the interview was when she finally told me a little about the position and the company (AppleOne) and told me she thought I'd be a great fit (go figure). I seriously thought she was giving me a Stress Test interview. Turns out, she is really just that abrasive.

My perceptions is that this company may be a hit-or-miss sort of establishment. I have heard of successes, but I have also heard of some epic failures. For me, this was a fail. Her contact and initiative to do her part of the job since "selling" me on the company has not be up to par. Honestly, I think it was a waste of my time.

Interview Question – Has anyone ever told you how bad this resume is?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer wasn't in the area of work I wanted to move into.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AppleOne

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppleOne Administrative Assistant interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by AppleOne employees and interview candidates.