AppleOne

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AppleOne.

I have interviewed at a few of their different locations. When I applied for their jobs they posted, I was called by their locations for these jobs to come interview for them because they were "interested." I went in under the idea that I would actually be interviewing for the particular job I applied for, as that is what was discussed over the phone.

NOT!

They call you into their location, you are immediately handed a packed of dozens of pages to sign, all asking for your personal information, social security number, address, and contracts to sign, etc. Then you are told to take a TYPING TEST at that moment ( I was NOT previously notified about ANY tests needing to be taken; as this was not listed under any of the job postings). They have a disgusting habit of advertising salaries such as 40k, 50k, 60k, but when you are in their office, they are offering more like $10-$13 an hour. That is NO WHERE NEAR the advertised salaries.

One location didn't even have my resume, thank god I brought more copies.

They ask for multiple references ON TOP of having to mandatorily put all contact information for all supervisors you have previously worked for. NO they do not let you choose if they can or CANNOT contact them. that's at least 3-4 contacts there, then they as for at LEAST 4 MORE professional references. I spent weeks with some recruiters trying to tell them how over a span of 10+ years of work, its almost impossible to give them a list of every single employee of supervisor I have worked with, name, EMAIL, NUMBER, JOB TITLE, AND LOCATION. I don't have that type of information for some close friends and relatives, let alone employees I barely even spoke to, or have not had any contact with in over a DECADE.

LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING AT LEAST 7 phone numbers, email addresses, JOB TITLES, and THE COMPANY NAME of every reference (people I do keep in contact with did not even feel comfortable enough to hand out such personal information.)

Anyways, after being called in to "interview for the job I applied for" (different jobs different appleone locations all did the same thing -__-) I was never even interviewed for the jobs I applied for. Never heard anything, or discussed ANYTHING about the actual jobs I applied for.

INSTEAD, I was asked about what "companies I can see myself working for, who I have applied to, what fields would I like to work in" all I could think was what the hell, I applied for jobs you posted, you called me in to interview about NOTHING!

after all of these interviews at the appleone locations, ALL OF THEM ENDED with no job, no offers, no discussion of the dozens of careers I sent my application/resume in for, NOTHING.

MY TIME WAS GREATLY WASTED.

It has been over a month, I am still waiting for a "job" I don't even receive emails, or their promised weekly calls they all were so adamant that they do. (calling weekly for information about potential jobs, etc)

how is this a job agency or temp agency with hundreds of jobs and dozens of companies working with them as they put it, and I have still had NO contact and no offers about any job or career.

such a scam. everything on their site is a LIE.

oh and on top of that, I had to watch a video about their company, and take 3 more tests.

STILL NO ASSIGNMENTS!

Note to company:

when you call people in to "interview them for the job they applied for" ACTUALLY INTERVIEW THEM for that job!

post on all you job postings that as an agency they will be called first, and forced to take multiple exams.

let them know the jobs they applied for, clearly DONT EXIST.

stop telling people you will call them weekly when YOU DONT.

stop advertising salaries, when you are offering minimum wage. $10-13 an hour is no where near 50-60k a year. not even close to the MINIMUM salary amount you post.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about your resume and salary expectations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AppleOne

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at AppleOne in April 2013.

Very easy, however my interview ran longer because they couldn't find the application I had filled out online. I had to fill it out again, which took an extra half hour. The entire process ended up taking me 3 hours. They had several positions available that I am currently interviewing for, one specifically that I am very interested in.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. It was a very simple interview process, they are very interested to know exactly what type of position you feel you would be most suited for, be detailed in letting them know for the best fit.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AppleOne in February 2013.

I applied online and set up an interview for the following week. I was called the next morning and asked a few questions about my work experience. I have never held a job with the job title of administrative assistant (I had employees that had that job title) and so I was told that they were cancelling my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever held a job as an administrative assistant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AppleOne in December 2011.

It was an overall discussion about my work experience and the type of job I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at AppleOne in September 2011.

AppleOne's testing process took about 90 minutes to complete. I was tested on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The one-on-one interview with their recruiting rep was a wake-up call to me: it made me aware of how much I needed to polish my interviewing skills. I was my own worst enemy! I went to the Employment Development Dept's Job Seeker Center in Sunnyvale and took every class they offered, and it's all free, too. What a huge help that was! In fact, I think it would be worthwhile for these temp agencies to coach their recruits on interviewing skills.

Couldn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AppleOne in August 2011.

Don't even waste your time. They "collect all the information" send you to only one interview, and if that is not a match, you get filed in the back of a very deep bucket. Then they annoy you throughout the year, and "suddenly" they just possibly have a job that you "might fit" and send you really annoying emails. And you have to keep them informed weekly as to your status.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AppleOne in January 2010.

Company contacts you right away after you have completed their detailed, but lengthy online application process. They were very responsive and accomodating tp get you an interview time that best fits your schedule. Seems like they have the process down to a pretty good science.Be prepared for standard skills test. Recruiter I worked with seeemed very busy but attentive to my needs.

Interview Questions
    You can be brutally honest with them regarding your minimum pay requirements, and they work hard to dig into what your priorities are in finding a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AppleOne in October 2009.

Very disappointing. I have over 10 years experience in the field I applied for. I took a year off from the field to focus on a degree (a four year degree at that) and worked as a part time waitress during that period. This company could not look past that one year of service to another industry, didnt care what so ever about having recently completed a four year degree, nor the several recommendations I received from prior employers. I spent an hour and a half completing a very detailed application to include a skills test, etc. I know I did well on those test no dought because I have passed them with flying colors on the job & with other temporary agencies. I received a call at the end of business day the day before my interview (which was scheduled three days prior) and told "You have great qualifications however our clients prefer persons with more recent experience". I was astonished that they chose to cancel an in person interview and persue following through with in house testing because they could not look past one year of service outside of the desired industry, especially for what I was able to offer. I feel this company is very narrow minded and has tunnel vision. I actually feel bad for employers who rely on them because I can just imagine the number of well-rounded potential employees they are being cheated of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AppleOne in April 2009.

I applied for an Administrative Assistant position I found on Craigslist. I received a phone call from a recruiter at Apple talking about how great a candidate I am for the role. I was immediately hopeful and excited to be getting a chance to interview. I did not how recruiting worked at the time. We immediately scheduled an interview.

Arriving at the office I was asked to fill out paper I already spend 30mins filling out on their website after which I was placed in a room to take a computerized exam. After that point I waited another 30mins and was finally taken into the room for the interview. I spoke to one recruiter who assessed my skills and realized I would be a fit for a position they had directly in their office. She told me the qualifications and asked if I was interested, I said I was. She brought in another employee who used to work in that position who was now a recruiter, we spoke to she told me more about the position I again said I was interested. Two or three more people later, upon walking out I was told that they wanted to consult with another employee and they would call me the following day to ask me to come in for training day. That was the last I heard of AppleOne. They never called me back, they took the position off their site, I contacted the recruiter she did not return my calls or emails.

Administrative Assistant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at AppleOne in May 2012.

I was initially contacted via phone because the recruiter saw my resume on Careerbuilder. We played phone tag for a couple days, then when I spoke with her we set the interview date for within a week. The interview lasted a few hours, but it was mostly because she was so talkative and over the top. She spent more time critiquing me than actually assessing my knowledge, skills or abilities. In the last 10 mins of the interview was when she finally told me a little about the position and the company (AppleOne) and told me she thought I'd be a great fit (go figure). I seriously thought she was giving me a Stress Test interview. Turns out, she is really just that abrasive.

My perceptions is that this company may be a hit-or-miss sort of establishment. I have heard of successes, but I have also heard of some epic failures. For me, this was a fail. Her contact and initiative to do her part of the job since "selling" me on the company has not be up to par. Honestly, I think it was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Has anyone ever told you how bad this resume is?   View Answer

The offer wasn't in the area of work I wanted to move into.