AppleOne Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppleOne (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Filled out paperwork online, came in for the interview and watched a safety awareness video. Met with recruiter who seemed really interested in other opportunities for me. Really focused on my background in sales and led me to other employment options. Great feeling that this person took the time to see what my true strengths opposed to placing me in something safe and not challenging. Scheduling a second interview and very excited to start work internally.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AppleOne

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppleOne (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

You are first interviewed at Apple one where they determine your strengths and weaknesses and then submit your resume to companies hiring that Clay all your experience and strength. the companies then contact Apple one to say whether they want to interview you or not. Then you go on it to you for food companies that are interested

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppleOne (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was straightforward. After filling out forms, I was required to watch a safety video & complete online skills assessments from home at a later time. After completing the videos and forms, and waiting 10 minutes, I met with my employment counselor for a one-on-one interview. The counselor was polite, engaged, professional and seemed very interested in helping me find assignments. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes and also included advice on how to update my resume for better results.

Interview Questions

• General questions about skills, past experience and availability. There were no questions asked about a specific job at the initial interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppleOne (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I have interviewed at a few of their different locations. When I applied for their jobs they posted, I was called by their locations for these jobs to come interview for them because they were "interested." I went in under the idea that I would actually be interviewing for the particular job I applied for, as that is what was discussed over the phone. NOT! They call you into their location, you are immediately handed a packed of dozens of pages to sign, all asking for your personal information, social security number, address, and contracts to sign, etc. Then you are told to take a TYPING TEST at that moment ( I was NOT previously notified about ANY tests needing to be taken; as this was not listed under any of the job postings). They have a disgusting habit of advertising salaries such as 40k, 50k, 60k, but when you are in their office, they are offering more like $10-$13 an hour. That is NO WHERE NEAR the advertised salaries. One location didn't even have my resume, thank god I brought more copies. They ask for multiple references ON TOP of having to mandatorily put all contact information for all supervisors you have previously worked for. NO they do not let you choose if they can or CANNOT contact them. that's at least 3-4 contacts there, then they as for at LEAST 4 MORE professional references. I spent weeks with some recruiters trying to tell them how over a span of 10+ years of work, its almost impossible to give them a list of every single employee of supervisor I have worked with, name, EMAIL, NUMBER, JOB TITLE, AND LOCATION. I don't have that type of information for some close friends and relatives, let alone employees I barely even spoke to, or have not had any contact with in over a DECADE. LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING AT LEAST 7 phone numbers, email addresses, JOB TITLES, and THE COMPANY NAME of every reference (people I do keep in contact with did not even feel comfortable enough to hand out such personal information.) Anyways, after being called in to "interview for the job I applied for" (different jobs different appleone locations all did the same thing -__-) I was never even interviewed for the jobs I applied for. Never heard anything, or discussed ANYTHING about the actual jobs I applied for. INSTEAD, I was asked about what "companies I can see myself working for, who I have applied to, what fields would I like to work in" all I could think was what the hell, I applied for jobs you posted, you called me in to interview about NOTHING! after all of these interviews at the appleone locations, ALL OF THEM ENDED with no job, no offers, no discussion of the dozens of careers I sent my application/resume in for, NOTHING. MY TIME WAS GREATLY WASTED. It has been over a month, I am still waiting for a "job" I don't even receive emails, or their promised weekly calls they all were so adamant that they do. (calling weekly for information about potential jobs, etc) how is this a job agency or temp agency with hundreds of jobs and dozens of companies working with them as they put it, and I have still had NO contact and no offers about any job or career. such a scam. everything on their site is a LIE. oh and on top of that, I had to watch a video about their company, and take 3 more tests. STILL NO ASSIGNMENTS! Note to company: when you call people in to "interview them for the job they applied for" ACTUALLY INTERVIEW THEM for that job! post on all you job postings that as an agency they will be called first, and forced to take multiple exams. let them know the jobs they applied for, clearly DONT EXIST. stop telling people you will call them weekly when YOU DONT. stop advertising salaries, when you are offering minimum wage. $10-13 an hour is no where near 50-60k a year. not even close to the MINIMUM salary amount you post.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your resume and salary expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppleOne (Arlington, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The agent told me about the company and how they go about helping you get placed on job. Asked what was I looking for and do I think AppleOne can help me get there. I was asked about myself.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work to get more experience and hands on training   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppleOne (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I thought I was going in to interview for an Administrative Assistant position; I actually went in and talked to a 'Staffing Consultant' who signed me up to be a member of the Staffing Agency. Very misleading!!! Consultant typed my answers to her very simply questions into my 'file', she told me that I would be receiving emails from them with positions tailored to my needs. Described that to apply I just reply to the email and the company will submit my resume. Should I be selected for an interview the staffing agency is my contact so everything goes through them.

Interview Questions

• Asked what kind of position I was looking for and what my skill set was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AppleOne (Huntington Beach, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very easy, however my interview ran longer because they couldn't find the application I had filled out online. I had to fill it out again, which took an extra half hour. The entire process ended up taking me 3 hours. They had several positions available that I am currently interviewing for, one specifically that I am very interested in.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. It was a very simple interview process, they are very interested to know exactly what type of position you feel you would be most suited for, be detailed in letting them know for the best fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppleOne (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

They had you test for your proficiency, had you view a safety video and then you met with one of their staffing personnel. There was really not much else to add. The process was informal, the testing was easy and once the interview was over, I had to really be proactive in order to even be considered for the one assignment I was offered. They are really bad with follow up.

Interview Questions

• What sorts of positions are you looking for?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AppleOne in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and set up an interview for the following week. I was called the next morning and asked a few questions about my work experience. I have never held a job with the job title of administrative assistant (I had employees that had that job title) and so I was told that they were cancelling my interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever held a job as an administrative assistant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppleOne (Altamonte Springs, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

They are very nice and thorough. Office is clean and nice and very friendly. They really care about you and are always available to answer questions. They can find the right job for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are very friendly.