AppleOne

Very Difficult Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very disappointing. I have over 10 years experience in the field I applied for. I took a year off from the field to focus on a degree (a four year degree at that) and worked as a part time waitress during that period. This company could not look past that one year of service to another industry, didnt care what so ever about having recently completed a four year degree, nor the several recommendations I received from prior employers. I spent an hour and a half completing a very detailed application to include a skills test, etc. I know I did well on those test no dought because I have passed them with flying colors on the job & with other temporary agencies. I received a call at the end of business day the day before my interview (which was scheduled three days prior) and told "You have great qualifications however our clients prefer persons with more recent experience". I was astonished that they chose to cancel an in person interview and persue following through with in house testing because they could not look past one year of service outside of the desired industry, especially for what I was able to offer. I feel this company is very narrow minded and has tunnel vision. I actually feel bad for employers who rely on them because I can just imagine the number of well-rounded potential employees they are being cheated of.

Very Difficult Interview

Cable Technician Interview

Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AppleOne in July 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from a technology recruiter fron California in early June. The recruiter wanted to get to know me so her was very cordial and respectful. I gave him information about my work experience. He therefore gave me the use of some web material to prepared for the oral interview. So I had two weeks to prepare. I looked over the sites as he suggested and got turned in to the types of questions to prepare for during the call. Two weeks went by and the interview came. I felt like and student who pass the test with an "a". because I did really well.

Interview Question – Did you ever terminate 568B circuit modules. for cat 6 cable before?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AppleOne in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very detailed. Met with two hiring managers. They were professional and friendly. Got the answer at the same day.

Interview Question – It was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at AppleOne in September 2011.

Interview Details – AppleOne's testing process took about 90 minutes to complete. I was tested on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The one-on-one interview with their recruiting rep was a wake-up call to me: it made me aware of how much I needed to polish my interviewing skills. I was my own worst enemy! I went to the Employment Development Dept's Job Seeker Center in Sunnyvale and took every class they offered, and it's all free, too. What a huge help that was! In fact, I think it would be worthwhile for these temp agencies to coach their recruits on interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Couldn't negotiate.

Staffing Consultant Interview

Staffing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AppleOne in February 2012.

Interview Details – Went in to interview for temp admin assistant jobs, talked to me about staffing instead. Had another round of interviews with branch manager a few days later, and got the offer.

Interview Question – If you could pick 1 thing to change about your last supervisor, what would it be?   Answer Question

Marketing Research Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AppleOne in October 2010.

Interview Details – My agency contacted me about the opportunity and I let them know I was interested in applying for the position. Several days later I received a notification from my agency that the employer was interested in a one-on-one interview. I went in for the interview and sat down in a common meeting space. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was very informal. We discussed why I was interested and how I'd be a good fit. The interviewer told me what the role entailed and what she was looking for in an ideal candidate and that she thought I met the requirements.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AppleOne in March 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter after applying for a position online with one of their clients. Then called in for a 1:1 interview where I met with the Management team. Brought in a second time after conducting several (6) evaluations and 1 personality test. Met with the entire staff at this point. Received an email and a call the 2nd week to be offered the internal position.

Interview Question – What have you done to accomplish saving your employer time and money?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Somewhat able to negotiate my pay, but obviously the hustle to save more.

Account Clerk II Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AppleOne in May 2013.

Interview Details – Found positions on the internet - applied - called for an interview. Once they received my resume, they entered it in their local database. An employee from another office saw my resume. He phoned me for an interview - I went to work.

Interview Question – When looking for employment, was I only looking for a local, government job? No, I am looking for permanent, full-time employment. I just happened to have worked for the local government for over 10 years. However, I was not limited to working for the government.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a temporary assignment. But it was work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at AppleOne in May 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, received phone call several days later to come in a test. Completed the testing and then interviewed with the recruiter, was given an assignment 3 days later.

Interview Question – Reason why I was fired from my prior job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not available. The salary was set and was not open to negotiations.

Temporary Position Emphasizing Communication Interview

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at AppleOne in June 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed twice at AppleOne. I just went over my skillsets and returned to re-take the Excel and Word tests.

Interview Question – Being tested in Microsoft and Excel functions. If you aren't proficient in those technologies then they will teach you and you can re-test to improve your scores and desirability in getting placed.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AppleOne

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppleOne interview questions and advice. All 76 interview reviews posted anonymously by AppleOne employees and interview candidates.