AppleTree Digital Printing and Embroidery

AppleTree Digital Printing and Embroidery Graphic Designer Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Lexington, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AppleTree Digital Printing and Embroidery in July 2012.

Interview Details – First of all, their job listing was on CraigsList, so that should have been a red flag to begin with. It sounded like a part-time job, working with the company, so I applied. The person told me to bring my laptop with me to the interview and any presentations I would like to make. At the place of business, I sat for several minutes while the person prepared for me to meet with them. In these long minutes, another interviewee arrived. This made me nervous from the start. We walked back together and the manager told us to start up our computers. She asked us basic questions, including if we understood this was on an as-needed basis. I agreed, although I had thought differently, but that was still alright. She then gave us both an assignment, which took us close to four hours to complete. She then looked over our work and made us save it on her jumpdrive. She then gave us "homework" to complete and email to her by 9am the next morning. Upon leaving, I was told she would cal me tomorrow to follow-up. She never called me back, and I honestly think this may have been a way to get free design ideas. Also, the presentation I worked hard on was never mentioned. I believe if I had been able to present it instead of sitting there for four hours working for them, they could have decided if I was "good enough."

Interview Question – There were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Worked for AppleTree Digital Printing and Embroidery? Contribute to the Community!