Applebee's Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's in January 2015.

Interview

Laid back. The person interviewing acted very uncomfortable. He read script never looked up at me. Seemed like he had something to get to. Acted like district manager was going come, then said he was on phone and he couldn't bother him. Never asked about if I had any knowledge of company. Had to repeat answers several times for him to write down.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience. How to deal with a difficult customer. Basic questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR assistant after sending my resume through a job posting. She set me up with an interview at the corporate office. The interview went well and it was a very laid back general conversation about the business. She passed me along to the Area Director and I had an interview with him. It was a standard interview with all of the expected questions. The AD like ls me so I was passed on to the RJP, which stands for realistic job preview, a working interview of sorts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something that you regret or something you wish younwould have done differently.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was what I expected so no negotiation was needed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Group Interview. It was fun and a good way to show off if your sharp and carry yourself well. They started as a group and asked group questions. After that they sent some of the people home and did one on ones with the candidates and a GM. After that they did one on ones with the candidates and the District Managers. It was about a 2 hour process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation at this level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

three interviews very timly

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Initially you meet with HR at franchise office, then you do a follow with a GM of one of their restaurants, then meet with an Area Director.

Interview Questions

• Really didn't have any hard questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes you are able to negotiate but not very much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Ashland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Was called a few days later for an interview. The interview seemed to go great. The woman told me they did 3 interviews and then have candidates come in for an hour or two to walk the floor, talk to employees and guests. The woman called the person above her to schedule me for a 2nd interview, but the person didn't answer, so she left a message and told me she would contact me when the person called back....Well, she never called. I emailed her a week later to ask for an update or feedback and never heard back. Very unprofessional and changed my opinion of the company.

Interview Questions

• All general questions that you would expect for a management position. What did you like about being a manager? Tell me about a time you had to discipline. Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Ashland, KY) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview took approximately 2 hours on the first day. It consisted of a 1:1 in person interview, followed by an assessment test which took approximately 90 minutes. The test was standardized and covered problem solving, math, personality profiling, and simple decision making. The second interview took about 40 minutes and was simply a rehash of the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge you faced on a daily basis and what did you do to fix it.   1 Answer
    • What was your greatest sense of accomplishment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

3 step interview process for this job. It began with a phone interview then I was asked to complete a one on one interview with the area director and the Director of Operations. Background check and personality test were required but they were not the deciding factor for the job. It was an average interview process and goes inline with all other restaurant interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Montgomery, AL) in June 2010.

Interview

very rude to me bc they gave me the interview with no management experience...he found out i "wasnt qualified" during the interview..it was a learning experience.

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Lewiston, ID) in July 2009.

Interview

talked with HR on the phone, then met with a GM at another location. Once I passed that I met with the area coach who then passed me on to the GM of the store I would be working in. Seemed to be a good process but did have some time where it seemed like it went on with no real end