Applebee's

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – three interviews very timly

Interview Question – what about yourself needs the most improvment?e   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – Initially you meet with HR at franchise office, then you do a follow with a GM of one of their restaurants, then meet with an Area Director.

Interview Question – Really didn't have any hard questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes you are able to negotiate but not very much.

Ashland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Applebee's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Was called a few days later for an interview. The interview seemed to go great. The woman told me they did 3 interviews and then have candidates come in for an hour or two to walk the floor, talk to employees and guests. The woman called the person above her to schedule me for a 2nd interview, but the person didn't answer, so she left a message and told me she would contact me when the person called back....Well, she never called. I emailed her a week later to ask for an update or feedback and never heard back. Very unprofessional and changed my opinion of the company.

Interview Question – All general questions that you would expect for a management position. What did you like about being a manager? Tell me about a time you had to discipline. Etc.   Answer Question

Ashland, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview took approximately 2 hours on the first day. It consisted of a 1:1 in person interview, followed by an assessment test which took approximately 90 minutes. The test was standardized and covered problem solving, math, personality profiling, and simple decision making. The second interview took about 40 minutes and was simply a rehash of the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge you faced on a daily basis and what did you do to fix it.   Answer Question
  • What was your greatest sense of accomplishment?   Answer Question

Lewiston, ID

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in July 2009.

Interview Details – talked with HR on the phone, then met with a GM at another location. Once I passed that I met with the area coach who then passed me on to the GM of the store I would be working in. Seemed to be a good process but did have some time where it seemed like it went on with no real end

Very Difficult Interview

Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2010.

Interview Details – very rude to me bc they gave me the interview with no management experience...he found out i "wasnt qualified" during the interview..it was a learning experience.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Applebee's in September 2008.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume and was called shortly after for an interview

Interview Questions

• If I was required to take over the restaurant tomorrow would I be able to run it?   View Answer
  • Would you consider yourself hands on or a Clipboard manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told a starting range and was offered less than the maximum. I negotiated the maxium given in the range.

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2011.

Interview Details – Casting call was advertised in paper I went, then sat through presentation and told to go do on-line survey - never heard from survey - emailed contact no response

Interview Question – online survey   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applebee's

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applebee's Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applebee's employees and interview candidates.