Applebee's Cook Interview Questions

2.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in January 2014.

I was told that I'm hired since they are desperate for a cook. At the same time, the manager told me to go buy a pair of non-slip shoes and a pair of black jeans. I spent about $35 and the day for the interview with the GM, he told me that my application was denied due to the personally test. Say what? The reason was that the test showed I can't work well under pressure. Really? If owning my own business in construction and dealing with over 25 guys at one time or another isn't pressure enough, I don't know what it is. This test is such a scam, designed only to trip you up. Another form of discrimination where companies use computers to funnel you further into unemployment and welfare status

Interview Questions
  • Verbal interview went well, but GM can't hire anyone until computer program says so.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Cook Interview

roomate worked there said general manager was going to be in came, came in in dress clothes, hired me on spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in November 2011.

Great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Parkersburg, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Parkersburg, WV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in January 2008.

Sat down with a member of management, went over details of the work, and hours expected from me. Took a two part personality test to determine if I worked well with other people. After that, was asked to provide details of my prior kitchen experience and relate it to Applebee's standards. Then, I was shown around the kitchen and introduced to people, and given my uniforms and first week's schedule.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found one of the cooks stealing food.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2011.

After I applied i called 5 days later between 2-5p.m. (standard down time for restaurants), I asked for the manager which was busy at the time so I asked to leave a message( my name, phone#, nature of phone call ( checking the status of my application). The manager called me back , we set up an interview( if possible always agree to the time they propose) the first interview went well. Its a 1:1 interview basic questions( what is your job history, describe your previous jobs and work experience, why should we hire you). If your first interview goes good you will take personality and skills test that same day. Then set up 2nd interview. Lastly, 2nd./ 3rd. interview sometimes there is a 3rd interview, usually when the management is really trying hard to decide between a couple good applicants. The last interview is with 2 managers, typically back off house manager for cooks/ front of house manager for( servers and host(s) ) and the store manager./ general manager. If that interview goes well , congrats your hired.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anyone that works here, have you had any personal relations with any of the people who work here?   View Answer
    Not that much room to negotiate, although it depends on your experience. At most you can negotiate a dollar above minimum wage as your starting wage.

Cook Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in March 2011.

interviewed w kitchen mgr went good a day later interviewed w gm again went good offered job both were very nice culture is fast paced

Interview Questions
    negotiated pay try to get highest pay because after first raise {6mos} raises are yearly and small maybe 15 cents

Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2010.

i went in and met with the manager. we talked about my resume and my background and he gave me a call back a few days later. i went in for a second round and accepted the offer.

Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2010.

Took a personality test. 150 questions which I "had 20 minutes to finish" (wow). I took longer than 20min. Gave test to the manager and she said if I did well an interview would take place in a few days. I got a call back 2 days later. I was told the cook positions were filled but server and host jobs were available. After she told me the pay rate for those positions(well below minimum wage) I declined.

Cook Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in January 2008.

quick and easy