Applebee's

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Spring Hill, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was told that I'm hired since they are desperate for a cook. At the same time, the manager told me to go buy a pair of non-slip shoes and a pair of black jeans. I spent about $35 and the day for the interview with the GM, he told me that my application was denied due to the personally test. Say what? The reason was that the test showed I can't work well under pressure. Really? If owning my own business in construction and dealing with over 25 guys at one time or another isn't pressure enough, I don't know what it is. This test is such a scam, designed only to trip you up. Another form of discrimination where companies use computers to funnel you further into unemployment and welfare status

Interview Question – Verbal interview went well, but GM can't hire anyone until computer program says so.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Applebee's

Interview Details – roomate worked there said general manager was going to be in came, came in in dress clothes, hired me on spot

Interview Question – didnt have one   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicopee, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Applebee's in November 2011.

Interview Details – Great.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

North Parkersburg, WV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in January 2008.

Interview Details – Sat down with a member of management, went over details of the work, and hours expected from me. Took a two part personality test to determine if I worked well with other people. After that, was asked to provide details of my prior kitchen experience and relate it to Applebee's standards. Then, I was shown around the kitchen and introduced to people, and given my uniforms and first week's schedule.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found one of the cooks stealing food.   Answer Question

Cook

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2011.

Interview Details – After I applied i called 5 days later between 2-5p.m. (standard down time for restaurants), I asked for the manager which was busy at the time so I asked to leave a message( my name, phone#, nature of phone call ( checking the status of my application). The manager called me back , we set up an interview( if possible always agree to the time they propose) the first interview went well. Its a 1:1 interview basic questions( what is your job history, describe your previous jobs and work experience, why should we hire you). If your first interview goes good you will take personality and skills test that same day. Then set up 2nd interview. Lastly, 2nd./ 3rd. interview sometimes there is a 3rd interview, usually when the management is really trying hard to decide between a couple good applicants. The last interview is with 2 managers, typically back off house manager for cooks/ front of house manager for( servers and host(s) ) and the store manager./ general manager. If that interview goes well , congrats your hired.

Interview Question – Do you know anyone that works here, have you had any personal relations with any of the people who work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not that much room to negotiate, although it depends on your experience. At most you can negotiate a dollar above minimum wage as your starting wage.

Cook

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in March 2011.

Interview Details – interviewed w kitchen mgr went good a day later interviewed w gm again went good offered job both were very nice culture is fast paced

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – negotiated pay try to get highest pay because after first raise {6mos} raises are yearly and small maybe 15 cents

Cook

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2010.

Interview Details – Took a personality test. 150 questions which I "had 20 minutes to finish" (wow). I took longer than 20min. Gave test to the manager and she said if I did well an interview would take place in a few days. I got a call back 2 days later. I was told the cook positions were filled but server and host jobs were available. After she told me the pay rate for those positions(well below minimum wage) I declined.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a disruptive customer?   Answer Question

Cook

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2010.

Interview Details – i went in and met with the manager. we talked about my resume and my background and he gave me a call back a few days later. i went in for a second round and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – what is your past experience?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cook

The process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in January 2008.

Interview Details – quick and easy

Interview Questions

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!