Applebee's Food Server Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Winchester, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

I arrived 20 min early the manager was in a meeting with a different manager. I was seated 6 tables down from the managers meeting asked if I wanted anything to drink by a waitress I asked for water. She brought it back and let the manager know I was sitting waiting. After 20 min the two mangers left the area I was in and went to the back one manager came back and proceed toward me never saying a thing. So I said Hi How are you. She responded. She then sat down gave me her name never asked me for mine. So I told her my name, and offered my hand she shook it. She then went through my paper work and said not asked so you have worked in the restaurant business before. I said yes. She then flipped a few pages over and started asking me question's. When I answered them the best i could she was like well your not giving me what I'm asking for your also impersonal. An then said I don't see how you worked as a waitress before. She then said the interview was not working out. I said thank you and shook her hand.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, If you were to take a order and the client ordered med and they wanted a well done stake how would you fix this?   1 Answer
  • Say you were in a group and your opinion about something was correct and you had to get every one to agree with you how would you do it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Very relaxing interview, it is required that you have previous experience in the hospitality industry before coming in to interview. Since I had already worked in the industry I was able to talk about how many tables I could handle and how much sales expected to have on any given night. I was asked what I thought every server needed to do to be successful. That is a pretty common question. 9 out of 10 managers want you to say something like a good attitude or a nice smile.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is: where do you see yourself in ten years? It's difficult because even the manager knows you won't be with them, yet you feel obligated to say you will be there.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Was lied to about many things. The most egregious was that I would make up to $100.00 per night in tips. I never made more than $20 or $30 bucks per 8 hour shift.

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Now it is all online, but I was hired when they were still doing paper applications. It was a generic application, and when i went in for the interview they asked about previous experiences, why i left my other job, and my availability. I didn't get hired for my requested position, but I did make it there eventually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Interview

Walked in asked for an interview and was hired on the spot

Food Server Interview

Interview

Three interviews with diff managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, I got hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Annapolis, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very quick and disorganized. We sat in the dining room at an empty table. The manager asked me a couple questions about myself and my life/work experience. The manager offered me a job before the interview was even over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Commack, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

apon finishing my application, a manager spoke with me and told me he would share my application with the general manager and call me as soon as possible for an interview. I heard back a week later, and a date was set for the interview. I went to my interview and when we were finished, I was told that he wanted me to meet the general manager for a second interview. He then scheduled my second interview for a week later. I met the general manager on the second interview, during which I was hired, and was told that he'd call me for a start date. I then wasn't scheduled to start for another week and a half. It took nearly a month to start my training from the time I first met them. During my training, I was paired with some of the most incompetent servers I have ever been exposed to. I later found out that these servers and 'key' had no other food severing or customer service experience, and I wasn't surprised. During my training, the trainers were so poor at their jobs, I started to rethink and regret my choice of employer. However, I gave my word to management during my interviews that I would not quit on them shortly after being hired, so I continued on my Applebee's venture.

Interview Questions

• I was asked typical questions in food service/customer service which included questions regarding how I dealt with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had three interviews with three different people on three different days. It isn't always like that, but at least two manager will want to interview you to confirm you are fit for the job. The interviews were the usual asking your experience and why you wanted to work there. It's a restuarant, so make sure you are open to work weekends. You don't have to have experience because you go through training, but it will help. If you are hired, you will go through an orientation where you fill out paperwork and learn about the basic policies. During your training you will have a lot of computer work (reading and watching videos), as well as hands on training for your position.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really difficult, but be ready to answer why you want to work at Applebee's over another restuarant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Concord, NH) in June 2012.

Interview

Very polite, inquisitive, made me very comfortable. Asked about school, extracurriculars, my previous experience serving.

Interview Questions

Another job with better pay came around.