Applebee's Host Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clay, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Clay, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied back in March and was denied over email. When returning from school I was talking to a manager I knew and he said that I should apply and he would push me forward. A few days later, I was asked to come in for an interview. At the interview, the front of house manager interviewed me, asked me how I knew the manager that referred me and asked about school and my past work. She hired me on the spot. They are looking for a smile and good personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then called about a week later and they scheduled an interview for the following week. After the interview, I was invited back for a second interview with another manager. They had forgotten that I was scheduled for a second interview though, and when I arrived I was told they were no longer hiring.

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Fontana, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After filling out the application online, I was called for an interview after a couple days. The person that interviewed me was asking questions from a couple pages that had boxes to fill in. The questions I was asked were the same questions but asked in different ways which got annoying and the other questions were random questions. I didn't get any reactions when i answered the questions so I knew from the start I wasn't going to be called back.

Interview Questions

• If you were in line at a grocery store, what would you tell the person in front of you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Applebee's, what can you bring to applebee's, how do you find out if a customer is enjoying their food, what do you expect to do in your position, how can you make the experience enjoyable for customers   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I got an email to come in for an interview. I called the next day but she was off for the next 2 days, so I called after that. She had me come in a week later. She asked me basic questions and then offered me a position. I originally applied for Curbside To Go Specialist but she said that they don't usually start people at that position but I was fine with the offered position because I really needed a job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to do something where you had to do something out of your job title?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smile and be comfortable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and took assessment a Friday morning, was called for an interview Friday afternoon for the following Tuesday afternoon. Interviewed with kitchen manager first who asked standard interview questions, then interviewed with general manager which was more informal, told me about the job, and talked about availability.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would go above & beyond the responsibility of your assigned position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered $8.00/hour, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Carlisle, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application in store. The manager right away asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I had a 30 minute interview and was highered on the spot. The interview itself was just a 1:1 in restaurant and went over my experiences and why I wanted to work for Applebee's. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Is there any reason I shouldn't hire you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Applebee's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Applebee's (Epping, NH) in June 2014.

Interview

easiest interview ever they hire people of the street with any problems. The whole place is a mill for hiring and firing employees without experience. my interviewer only a stereo typical questions such as why do you want to work for applebees? or what do you want to do with your life?.

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Chambersburg, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I came in during a lull period in the day and the manager was not on the floor. I had to wait about 10 minutes to do my first interview. The interview lasted about 5 minutes. I then had to come in at a later date for my second interview with my information. This lasted about 10 minutes because of papers that needed to be filled out. The entire process was very quick actually.

Interview Questions

• Q: Any experience in the field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Roseville, MN).

Interview

I filled out a personality questionnaire and came back the next day to talk with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and made an appointment to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Base pay is 7.25 an hour with tip outs from the servers. (Servers are not required to tip you though.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bemidji, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Bemidji, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online then saw that a job fair was being held so I attended that where a group interview was held, then was called back for an individual interview. The group interview was held by the GM, who was very enthusiastic and is good at making people feel comfortable and asked questions to get to know applicants and gauge their personalities, like what's your favorite food? What do you love about this town? What would you bring to the table at Applebee's? The individual interview asked a few more questions about work ethic and the like, availability was reviewed, and I was hired on the spot which seems to be the general case.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite restaurant in town?   1 Answer