Applebee's Host Interview Questions

2.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in September 2014.

Applied online and took assessment a Friday morning, was called for an interview Friday afternoon for the following Tuesday afternoon. Interviewed with kitchen manager first who asked standard interview questions, then interviewed with general manager which was more informal, told me about the job, and talked about availability.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you would go above & beyond the responsibility of your assigned position?   Answer Question
Offered $8.00/hour, no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

I filled out a personality questionnaire and came back the next day to talk with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and made an appointment to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base pay is 7.25 an hour with tip outs from the servers. (Servers are not required to tip you though.)

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Received a phone call around a month after applying. Consisted of 3 interviews. The entire process took over a week. I personally feel that any more than 2 is excessive considering the position and the fact that another manager was probably there each time; could've shortened the entire process.

Slightly unprofessional in the sense that I had to wait around a while each time even though I arrived 10 minutes early. At least once I interviewed with a completely different manager than I was told on the phone or prior interview. Occurred at another location as well.

Interview Questions
    • Run of the mill interview. The most unexpected part was they all asked me the same questions.   Answer Question
    Under minimum wage base rate plus a tip share.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bemidji, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bemidji, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in December 2012.

I applied online then saw that a job fair was being held so I attended that where a group interview was held, then was called back for an individual interview. The group interview was held by the GM, who was very enthusiastic and is good at making people feel comfortable and asked questions to get to know applicants and gauge their personalities, like what's your favorite food? What do you love about this town? What would you bring to the table at Applebee's?

The individual interview asked a few more questions about work ethic and the like, availability was reviewed, and I was hired on the spot which seems to be the general case.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite restaurant in town?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in January 2012.

Online Application/ Personality test
    First interview with a manager
    Second interview with General Manager

Interview Questions
    I did not get to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in June 2010.

A friend that was currently working there suggested I apply. So i did, the proccess was quick and easy just turned in the application and interview, then hired. The interview was quick just regular questions about myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2010.

Sat down with the manager for a few minutes and was hired on the spot after filling in the application. I came in the next week for an "on boarding" (talked about uniform, filled out paperwork, etc) and had my first training shift the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing exceptional whatsoever. This is an entry level job. You didn't even need experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in January 2009.

I spoke to a manager about a job and he looked over my application. After he finished he gave me an interview. Afterward he asked if I could come back tomorrow and I said I could. When I did I got interviewed by the front of the house manager and then the general manager. After the interview with the general manager he asked me if I could come to work this Saturday. And that was that.