Applebee's

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Vallejo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2010.

Interview Details – Sat down with the manager for a few minutes and was hired on the spot after filling in the application. I came in the next week for an "on boarding" (talked about uniform, filled out paperwork, etc) and had my first training shift the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing exceptional whatsoever. This is an entry level job. You didn't even need experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Roseville, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – I filled out a personality questionnaire and came back the next day to talk with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and made an appointment to come in for orientation.

Interview Question – We mostly talked about my past work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base pay is 7.25 an hour with tip outs from the servers. (Servers are not required to tip you though.)

Very Difficult Interview

Host

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – Received a phone call around a month after applying. Consisted of 3 interviews. The entire process took over a week. I personally feel that any more than 2 is excessive considering the position and the fact that another manager was probably there each time; could've shortened the entire process.

Slightly unprofessional in the sense that I had to wait around a while each time even though I arrived 10 minutes early. At least once I interviewed with a completely different manager than I was told on the phone or prior interview. Occurred at another location as well.

Interview Question – Run of the mill interview. The most unexpected part was they all asked me the same questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Under minimum wage base rate plus a tip share.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bemidji, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online then saw that a job fair was being held so I attended that where a group interview was held, then was called back for an individual interview. The group interview was held by the GM, who was very enthusiastic and is good at making people feel comfortable and asked questions to get to know applicants and gauge their personalities, like what's your favorite food? What do you love about this town? What would you bring to the table at Applebee's?

The individual interview asked a few more questions about work ethic and the like, availability was reviewed, and I was hired on the spot which seems to be the general case.

Interview Question – What is your favorite restaurant in town?   View Answer

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in January 2012.

Interview Details – Online Application/ Personality test
First interview with a manager
Second interview with General Manager

Interview Question – why do you want to work for applebees   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not get to negotiate.

McKinney, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2010.

Interview Details – A friend that was currently working there suggested I apply. So i did, the proccess was quick and easy just turned in the application and interview, then hired. The interview was quick just regular questions about myself.

Interview Questions

Vallejo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in January 2009.

Interview Details – I spoke to a manager about a job and he looked over my application. After he finished he gave me an interview. Afterward he asked if I could come back tomorrow and I said I could. When I did I got interviewed by the front of the house manager and then the general manager. After the interview with the general manager he asked me if I could come to work this Saturday. And that was that.

Interview Question – When I'm hungry do I get angry?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applebee's

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applebee's Host interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applebee's employees and interview candidates.