Applebee's Host Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA
Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in March 2015.

After filling out the application online, I was called for an interview after a couple days. The person that interviewed me was asking questions from a couple pages that had boxes to fill in. The questions I was asked were the same questions but asked in different ways which got annoying and the other questions were random questions. I didn't get any reactions when i answered the questions so I knew from the start I wasn't going to be called back.

Interview Questions
  • If you were in line at a grocery store, what would you tell the person in front of you?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at Applebee's, what can you bring to applebee's, how do you find out if a customer is enjoying their food, what do you expect to do in your position, how can you make the experience enjoyable for customers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

I applied online and 2 weeks later I got an email to come in for an interview. I called the next day but she was off for the next 2 days, so I called after that. She had me come in a week later. She asked me basic questions and then offered me a position. I originally applied for Curbside To Go Specialist but she said that they don't usually start people at that position but I was fine with the offered position because I really needed a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to do something where you had to do something out of your job title?   Answer Question
    Smile and be comfortable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in September 2014.

Applied online and took assessment a Friday morning, was called for an interview Friday afternoon for the following Tuesday afternoon. Interviewed with kitchen manager first who asked standard interview questions, then interviewed with general manager which was more informal, told me about the job, and talked about availability.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would go above & beyond the responsibility of your assigned position?   Answer Question
    Offered $8.00/hour, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

I filled out an application in store. The manager right away asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I had a 30 minute interview and was highered on the spot. The interview itself was just a 1:1 in restaurant and went over my experiences and why I wanted to work for Applebee's. No trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any reason I shouldn't hire you?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Applebee's?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in June 2014.

easiest interview ever they hire people of the street with any problems. The whole place is a mill for hiring and firing employees without experience. my interviewer only a stereo typical questions such as why do you want to work for applebees? or what do you want to do with your life?.

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

I filled out a personality questionnaire and came back the next day to talk with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and made an appointment to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base pay is 7.25 an hour with tip outs from the servers. (Servers are not required to tip you though.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bemidji, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bemidji, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in December 2012.

I applied online then saw that a job fair was being held so I attended that where a group interview was held, then was called back for an individual interview. The group interview was held by the GM, who was very enthusiastic and is good at making people feel comfortable and asked questions to get to know applicants and gauge their personalities, like what's your favorite food? What do you love about this town? What would you bring to the table at Applebee's?

The individual interview asked a few more questions about work ethic and the like, availability was reviewed, and I was hired on the spot which seems to be the general case.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite restaurant in town?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in January 2012.

Online Application/ Personality test
    First interview with a manager
    Second interview with General Manager

Interview Questions
    I did not get to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in June 2010.

A friend that was currently working there suggested I apply. So i did, the proccess was quick and easy just turned in the application and interview, then hired. The interview was quick just regular questions about myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2010.

Sat down with the manager for a few minutes and was hired on the spot after filling in the application. I came in the next week for an "on boarding" (talked about uniform, filled out paperwork, etc) and had my first training shift the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing exceptional whatsoever. This is an entry level job. You didn't even need experience.   Answer Question