Applebee's Hostess Interview Questions

1.9

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in October 2014.

Sat me down at a table. 1st manager came out asked about my availability. Said she liked me so she sent out the 2nd manager. He asked the thing, and told me to come back to talk to the GM. 3rd interview was about 5 minutes. He asked the same thing along with: why Applebee's? What makes you stand out from the others? So all they cared about was availability.

Interview Questions
There was none. $4.25 for tipped employees, move up quickly from that.

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

I went in with a resume and was asked to complete their standard fill in the blanks resume. A few days later I was called back to complete a test, which ended up being a personality test that took way too long. I got the job, but I don't know that they ever checked my personality test results.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can remember. Pretty much a paper interview.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Open Call found out about it on craigslist. Met the manger. He gave me zero eye contact. I was asked typical questions. Why would you like to work at this restaurant? What can you bring to the restaurant?
    How to describe your self? At the end he asked could I stay for a test. The test was a 150 questions based on personality. The test took about 30 minutes. After completing the test, and awkwardly waiting for 40 minutes. He came back scored the test and then offered me the job. It starts at 7.50 plus tips.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate being that it is my first job in the industry.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in July 2014.

I applied online two days ago and 30 minutes after submitting my application I got an email from the manager to set up a first interview. Keep in mind Applebee's normally uses a two interview/personality test hiring system. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early yesterday and was sat at a booth where I waited for the kitchen manager. When she came out to greet me she was extremely pleasant and made me feel at ease. She asked me very typical interview questions and about my hours of availability. Unfortunately my college classes restrict what hours I can work and at the end of the interview she explained that they only really needed someone for their night shift. Overall, it was still an enjoyable experience and I would recommend the company to someone looking for a job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do personally to make Applebee's stand out from it's competitors an get people to choose our restaurant? (Chili's/Ruby Tuesday/ TGI Friday's)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

The manager was really nice and laid back. he made it easy to talk to him. he gave me 2 interviews and called me after with the date for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make yourself stand out from the other workers?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's in June 2014.

It was really easy. I applied and then a week later I called and got an interview. Everything went well and then I got a second interview and then they offered me a job. The employer was really nice and friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel nervous once I started talking to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

I applied online with snagajob.com and a week later I got an email about an open interview at 3pm the following Tuesday. When I got there there were about 9 of us interviewing. 8 of us had been sent the email but the 9th person had walked in to turn in her application and just got put with us to be interviewed. We started off with the manager telling us the basics of working at Applebee's but nothing specific about each position. After that we got called to talk to him individually across the restaurant. I arrived at 2:50 and didn't get interviewed until 3:30ish and I was the second interview. The questions were really straightforward like tell me about yourself and what's your availability nothing difficult at all. I'd say we talked about 10 minutes tops and then he outright told me I'd be a good fit and offered me a job. (I was applying for a summer position)

None $3/shared tips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in September 2013.

Applied online for hostess position. Received a call a week or so later asking me to fill out another online application. Two days after I received a call for a in person interview. In the interview the manager asked simple questions: Reviewed work history, asked my availability, asked my past restaurant experience. Was hired and given a tour and started the following week.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

Walked in to apply, and was told to bring in app to open interviews on Saturday. Showed up early, along with about six other people. One manager took front of house applicants, another took kitchen people somewhere else. Then he took turns speaking to each of us separately, but it was at a nearby table, so the other applicants can here if they want. It was dark and we sat at table with awkward stools, so it made me feel a little uncomfortable (maybe that was the idea)

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions:
      What sets you apart?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Tell me about your most difficult experience with a customer.
      What opportunities do you see with Applebee’s?

The one that through me:
      How would you get customers in the door?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in June 2013.

Filled in app in-person and turned into general manager, had interview with another manager, then the same general manager that I met with before, and was hired. Pretty easy, standard questions. However, if you have experience, you're probably gonna get hired on the spot.

None. Min wage + tips