Applebee's Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Lufkin, TX).

Interview

Extremely short and easy. Casual questions like "Why Applebee's?" and "How would you treat this customer?" in front of a panel of three managers. Took about 4 days. I called them multiple times to check on my application and got an interview easily. I got the job, but after working for four days from 4-12:30 and not getting paid, I quit. They were very unorganized.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Martinsville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and straight forward. She just mostly talked about what I would be doing and how the store is ran. She also asked if I would be ok with certain thing such as cleaning and bussing tables. After I spoke with the lead Hostess I met with the head manager. She only instructed me how to complete the online training portion of the hiring process and told me when I would need to come in to start

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied in person after eating and turned it in to a manager who scheduled me for an interview a few days later. At that interview I got asked a few questions and filled out a personality test. At the end I was scheduled for a second interview with the general manager. The only bad thing was having to wait 50 minutes because they had something going on, but everyone was very nice, so it wasn't that big of a deal. At the end of the second Interview I was offered the job, and of course took it. Overall everyone was very nice to me and it wasn't a bad experience, during the interviews you just have to remember to be nice, smile, and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Why Applebee's?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 words to describe yourself? (Asked at both interviews) and 3 words your family/friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What are your goals for the next 6 months?   Answer Question
    • If you were to throw a party at Applebee's what would the theme be and who would you invite?   Answer Question
    • Describe your favorite meal in a way that would make me want it? Pretend I'm a customer coming in and greet me   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Neenah, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed an aplication online. Then I received a call for an interview. Then had a second one and was hired. The interview process was very to the point. They needed people and since I am in high school the hours worked for them and myself. Very efficient and nice people interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What is your time commitment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Ocala, FL).

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview after 3 days. 2 days later I was offered a job and had orientation the next day. He/She scheduled the interview during a non busy time in the restaurant. He told me a little bit more of the company and told me the compensation. I accepted because I needed a job.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

went answered questions got hire on the spot. very simple just smile and don't answer the questions like an idiot. very basic job seat people and clean tables off not rocket science.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

this is hat im offering take it or leave it

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Applied for the job position received an email exactly one week later from the manager. wanting me to come in for an interview. attended the interview and interview lasted about 30 to 45 minutes and it just consisted of questions like how would you greet a customer when they walk into the resturant? what interested you in working in a hospitality atmosphere? questions about my job history and then I just had to verify my information turn in my resume

Interview Questions

• What interested you about wanting to work in an hospitality atmosphere?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in December 2014.

Interview

The employer will call and schedule you for an interview, you will either meet the manager or if not the manager, a kitchen supervisor. Depending on how well you do on the interview, you would either be asked to come back for a second interview and a drug test or you would not be. I had a pretty bad experience. I really wanted this job just because I knew it would help me advance in what my goals were. The kitchen supervisor was really nice, and we had a good conversation, but I don't know about the general manager. I remember my first interview with them, they had me wait a good 45 minutes to tell me over and over again that the manager was not there and that he switched shifts and in the end, the kitchen supervisor gave me an interview. When they scheduled me for a 2nd interview, they made sure it was on a day the general manager was here. But when I got there they had me wait again for another 30 minutes. They gave me a personality test and then told me they would call in a week. A week came and no call. It's not been about 3 weeks, so it's safe to assume that call will never come. Even though the interview process was horrible, the people there are amazingly nice. Especially the staff that I came across!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Kokomo, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Sat me down at a table. 1st manager came out asked about my availability. Said she liked me so she sent out the 2nd manager. He asked the thing, and told me to come back to talk to the GM. 3rd interview was about 5 minutes. He asked the same thing along with: why Applebee's? What makes you stand out from the others? So all they cared about was availability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. $4.25 for tipped employees, move up quickly from that.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I went in with a resume and was asked to complete their standard fill in the blanks resume. A few days later I was called back to complete a test, which ended up being a personality test that took way too long. I got the job, but I don't know that they ever checked my personality test results.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. Pretty much a paper interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.