Applebee's

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online two days ago and 30 minutes after submitting my application I got an email from the manager to set up a first interview. Keep in mind Applebee's normally uses a two interview/personality test hiring system. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early yesterday and was sat at a booth where I waited for the kitchen manager. When she came out to greet me she was extremely pleasant and made me feel at ease. She asked me very typical interview questions and about my hours of availability. Unfortunately my college classes restrict what hours I can work and at the end of the interview she explained that they only really needed someone for their night shift. Overall, it was still an enjoyable experience and I would recommend the company to someone looking for a job.

Interview Question – What would you do personally to make Applebee's stand out from it's competitors an get people to choose our restaurant? (Chili's/Ruby Tuesday/ TGI Friday's)   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

Interview Details – The manager was really nice and laid back. he made it easy to talk to him. he gave me 2 interviews and called me after with the date for orientation.

Interview Question – How would you make yourself stand out from the other workers?   Answer Question

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – Open Call found out about it on craigslist. Met the manger. He gave me zero eye contact. I was asked typical questions. Why would you like to work at this restaurant? What can you bring to the restaurant?
How to describe your self? At the end he asked could I stay for a test. The test was a 150 questions based on personality. The test took about 30 minutes. After completing the test, and awkwardly waiting for 40 minutes. He came back scored the test and then offered me the job. It starts at 7.50 plus tips.

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate being that it is my first job in the industry.

Hostess

I applied online - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was really easy. I applied and then a week later I called and got an interview. Everything went well and then I got a second interview and then they offered me a job. The employer was really nice and friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel nervous once I started talking to them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online with snagajob.com and a week later I got an email about an open interview at 3pm the following Tuesday. When I got there there were about 9 of us interviewing. 8 of us had been sent the email but the 9th person had walked in to turn in her application and just got put with us to be interviewed. We started off with the manager telling us the basics of working at Applebee's but nothing specific about each position. After that we got called to talk to him individually across the restaurant. I arrived at 2:50 and didn't get interviewed until 3:30ish and I was the second interview. The questions were really straightforward like tell me about yourself and what's your availability nothing difficult at all. I'd say we talked about 10 minutes tops and then he outright told me I'd be a good fit and offered me a job. (I was applying for a summer position)

Interview Question – What are our hours of operation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None $3/shared tips

Radcliff, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in one day, asked if they were hiring, filled out an app. Got a call the second I got back to my house, asking me to come in for an interview that same day. I showed up and had to fill out a lengthy questionnaire that mostly just determines your character traits and personality. They want to make sure you are reliable, friendly, and not a thief, basically.

Got a call the next day confirming that I passed the test, had to sit down for a second interview with a manager. Asked basically the same questions.

Interview Question – Ha. None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage. Not much room for negotiating in positions like this!

Hobbs, NM

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on line and received a phone call that day to come in for orientation. There was no interview. I gave basic information online. After working there, it seems like they will hire almost anyone. I went in the nest day to fill out papers and was asked when I could start.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

Interview Details – Walked in, asked for an application. Application was given to me in store. Filled out the application there and turned in into the host at the host stand and asked to speak to a manager (since they were currently slow, he was able to get a hold of one). Spoke to the manager that very same day, asked a few general questions (this was my first job). Was told that she was going to talk to the general manager and I would be hearing something soon. Received a call a few hours later, told to come in the next day. Next day, spoke to the general manger, asked me a few things like "why do you want to work here?" "what customer service skills do you have?", really standard questions, and was hired on the spot. Best advice I can give is just to be really friendly and smile a lot during your interviews, restaurants focus a lot on personality.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really difficult, they were all really standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for hostess position. Received a call a week or so later asking me to fill out another online application. Two days after I received a call for a in person interview. In the interview the manager asked simple questions: Reviewed work history, asked my availability, asked my past restaurant experience. Was hired and given a tour and started the following week.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sparks, NV

I applied in-person and interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – Walked in to apply, and was told to bring in app to open interviews on Saturday. Showed up early, along with about six other people. One manager took front of house applicants, another took kitchen people somewhere else. Then he took turns speaking to each of us separately, but it was at a nearby table, so the other applicants can here if they want. It was dark and we sat at table with awkward stools, so it made me feel a little uncomfortable (maybe that was the idea)

Interview Question – Interview questions:
What sets you apart?
What does customer service mean to you?
Tell me about your most difficult experience with a customer.
What opportunities do you see with Applebee’s?

The one that through me:
How would you get customers in the door?
  View Answer

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!