Applebee's

Updated Feb 18, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview after 3 days. 2 days later I was offered a job and had orientation the next day. He/She scheduled the interview during a non busy time in the restaurant. He told me a little bit more of the company and told me the compensation. I accepted because I needed a job.

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

went answered questions got hire on the spot. very simple just smile and don't answer the questions like an idiot. very basic job seat people and clean tables off not rocket science.

Interview Questions
    this is hat im offering take it or leave it

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Applied for the job position received an email exactly one week later from the manager. wanting me to come in for an interview. attended the interview and interview lasted about 30 to 45 minutes and it just consisted of questions like how would you greet a customer when they walk into the resturant? what interested you in working in a hospitality atmosphere? questions about my job history and then I just had to verify my information turn in my resume

Interview Questions
    • What interested you about wanting to work in an hospitality atmosphere?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in December 2014.

The employer will call and schedule you for an interview, you will either meet the manager or if not the manager, a kitchen supervisor. Depending on how well you do on the interview, you would either be asked to come back for a second interview and a drug test or you would not be.

I had a pretty bad experience. I really wanted this job just because I knew it would help me advance in what my goals were. The kitchen supervisor was really nice, and we had a good conversation, but I don't know about the general manager.

I remember my first interview with them, they had me wait a good 45 minutes to tell me over and over again that the manager was not there and that he switched shifts and in the end, the kitchen supervisor gave me an interview. When they scheduled me for a 2nd interview, they made sure it was on a day the general manager was here. But when I got there they had me wait again for another 30 minutes. They gave me a personality test and then told me they would call in a week. A week came and no call. It's not been about 3 weeks, so it's safe to assume that call will never come. Even though the interview process was horrible, the people there are amazingly nice. Especially the staff that I came across!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in October 2014.

Sat me down at a table. 1st manager came out asked about my availability. Said she liked me so she sent out the 2nd manager. He asked the thing, and told me to come back to talk to the GM. 3rd interview was about 5 minutes. He asked the same thing along with: why Applebee's? What makes you stand out from the others? So all they cared about was availability.

Interview Questions
    There was none. $4.25 for tipped employees, move up quickly from that.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

I went in with a resume and was asked to complete their standard fill in the blanks resume. A few days later I was called back to complete a test, which ended up being a personality test that took way too long. I got the job, but I don't know that they ever checked my personality test results.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can remember. Pretty much a paper interview.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Open Call found out about it on craigslist. Met the manger. He gave me zero eye contact. I was asked typical questions. Why would you like to work at this restaurant? What can you bring to the restaurant?
    How to describe your self? At the end he asked could I stay for a test. The test was a 150 questions based on personality. The test took about 30 minutes. After completing the test, and awkwardly waiting for 40 minutes. He came back scored the test and then offered me the job. It starts at 7.50 plus tips.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate being that it is my first job in the industry.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in July 2014.

I applied online two days ago and 30 minutes after submitting my application I got an email from the manager to set up a first interview. Keep in mind Applebee's normally uses a two interview/personality test hiring system. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early yesterday and was sat at a booth where I waited for the kitchen manager. When she came out to greet me she was extremely pleasant and made me feel at ease. She asked me very typical interview questions and about my hours of availability. Unfortunately my college classes restrict what hours I can work and at the end of the interview she explained that they only really needed someone for their night shift. Overall, it was still an enjoyable experience and I would recommend the company to someone looking for a job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do personally to make Applebee's stand out from it's competitors an get people to choose our restaurant? (Chili's/Ruby Tuesday/ TGI Friday's)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

The manager was really nice and laid back. he made it easy to talk to him. he gave me 2 interviews and called me after with the date for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make yourself stand out from the other workers?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's in June 2014.

It was really easy. I applied and then a week later I called and got an interview. Everything went well and then I got a second interview and then they offered me a job. The employer was really nice and friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel nervous once I started talking to them.