Applebee's

Average Difficulty
181 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greenacres, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was the easiest! Managers are very laid back. They make you feel very comfortable from the first minute by joking all the time. The hardest part was personality test. If you dont 'strongly agree' to the questions, there is a possibility that they wont even see your application

Interview Question – If i was eager to die to my hair   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was really easy. I applied and then a week later I called and got an interview. Everything went well and then I got a second interview and then they offered me a job. The employer was really nice and friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel nervous once I started talking to them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Curbside Server Interview

Curbside Server

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – Applied online. Interview fairly casual. Asked me to explain my work history. Interview was held at a table in the restaurant. Manager told me they had a lot of candidates to interview. That if I didn't hear in two weeks that I wasn't selected.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty typical. No really difficult question.   Answer Question

Thomasville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – I applied at the store, and I was interviewed on the spot. I was interviewed by two managers at that time and it went really well. After the interview I was hired on the spot and within two weeks i was in training.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question.   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2013.

Interview Details – The management will make promises like "you will make a lot of money" but you are not given good shifts/sections until after 6 months of employment. When you are hired the training process is agonizing, if you can make it through it and the initial few months of little pay then you will have a steady income.

Interview Question – If you were a Disney character which one would you be   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview was fairly typical. I did a screening with a recruiter, then I sat down with a district manager, then Director Operation. An updated resume is key know you Work History like you know your name. Go through you work history make sure you highlight accomplishments with each company. Try to have a central theme to your work history don't make emphasis on money but opportunities or new challenges.

Interview Questions

• Really it wasn't a difficult Interview, toughest question why you?   View Answer
  • Tell me something negative about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Common but one amount was discussed at the last interview then all of a sudden no one could remember that conversation. I press the issue then they finally admitted that they wasn't going to offer that amount. I should have walked away at that point.

Server At Applebees Interview

Server At Applebees
North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Waste of time. First interview was with the kitchen manager. That's when I was told I would have an interview with the restaurant manager, the GM, do an online assessment, and then another "interview" where I would come in dressed in all black (like an employee) and show them what I've got. This is APPLEBEE'S for crying out loud, not some high end restaurant. At this point, I'm waiting to be called back for the final "interview". It's so over the top, I feel like my time and gas was wasted. I have serving experience and a great personality. I feel like I'm jumping through hoops for no reason.

Interview Question – Tell us about a rule you didn't like to follow?
Why do you think you're a good fit for the company?
  Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2014.

Interview Details – I first got a phone call to set up an interview. The day of the interview I spoke with the general manager and was told that there would be two more interviews before a decision was made. The management team liked me and decided not to do a second and third interview and I was hired. Orientation was short and training was five days.

Interview Question – Have I ever been in a dispute with a co-worker or guest? and How did I handle the situation.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Host
Vallejo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2010.

Interview Details – Sat down with the manager for a few minutes and was hired on the spot after filling in the application. I came in the next week for an "on boarding" (talked about uniform, filled out paperwork, etc) and had my first training shift the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing exceptional whatsoever. This is an entry level job. You didn't even need experience.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online with snagajob.com and a week later I got an email about an open interview at 3pm the following Tuesday. When I got there there were about 9 of us interviewing. 8 of us had been sent the email but the 9th person had walked in to turn in her application and just got put with us to be interviewed. We started off with the manager telling us the basics of working at Applebee's but nothing specific about each position. After that we got called to talk to him individually across the restaurant. I arrived at 2:50 and didn't get interviewed until 3:30ish and I was the second interview. The questions were really straightforward like tell me about yourself and what's your availability nothing difficult at all. I'd say we talked about 10 minutes tops and then he outright told me I'd be a good fit and offered me a job. (I was applying for a summer position)

Interview Question – What are our hours of operation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None $3/shared tips

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applebee's

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applebee's interview questions and advice. All 181 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applebee's employees and interview candidates.