Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.0

Server Interview

Interview

Interview with two different managers. Managers were very friendly and it was relaxing.Be prepared with customer service type questions/answers. You have to be willing to get your food handlers and liquor license too.

Server Interview

Interview

submit app online. add resume for higher chance of calling. they will call you and you go in for in person interview with manager. if you get the job they will call you again

Negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Lufkin, TX).

Interview

Extremely short and easy. Casual questions like "Why Applebee's?" and "How would you treat this customer?" in front of a panel of three managers. Took about 4 days. I called them multiple times to check on my application and got an interview easily. I got the job, but after working for four days from 4-12:30 and not getting paid, I quit. They were very unorganized.

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I asked for an application at the front, applied and was called back for an interview. Hired on the spot. The hardest part was memorizing the menu -- this had to be done before you could actually wait tables.

Interview Questions

• Just about myself -- I was working my way through school, so they were interested in that.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I was called in for a series of interviews with different levels of management. The entire process of interviewing me and then hiring took almost a month. Drug test and other personality and management styles test are required.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (McDonough, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

first interview was with two manager who asked basic questions, and were decently nice. as they reviewed my resume they concluded that i may be "over qualified" to be a server even though i had previous experience. so they told me to come back for a second interview with another manager who didn't even look at my resume and only care about my availability. the workers they are extremely unpleasant and i see why they didn't want me working there.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset for waiting for their turn   1 Answer

over qualified

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clay, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Clay, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied back in March and was denied over email. When returning from school I was talking to a manager I knew and he said that I should apply and he would push me forward. A few days later, I was asked to come in for an interview. At the interview, the front of house manager interviewed me, asked me how I knew the manager that referred me and asked about school and my past work. She hired me on the spot. They are looking for a smile and good personality.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Martinsville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and straight forward. She just mostly talked about what I would be doing and how the store is ran. She also asked if I would be ok with certain thing such as cleaning and bussing tables. After I spoke with the lead Hostess I met with the head manager. She only instructed me how to complete the online training portion of the hiring process and told me when I would need to come in to start

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Alexandria, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I placed an interview and got a call from the GM. I went in that day to interview at 430pm. He said he would get with his other manager and call me back. The next day the other manager called me and asked if i'd like to come in for a 1st interview. I said I already did one. So he said ok come for 2nd interview. I had some specific scheduling needs, so when I told him what days I had to be off he sat for a couple of minutes real quiet and then said ok come start training tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online for server, I called like everyday and got a call back in a month. You have to be persistent or you'll never get hired. Went in for an interview that week. The guy was boring, smiled once. Good thing im pretty bubbly. I was cool with it. Got a call back one week later for interview with store manager, he was informative. They will call previous employer. Got hired for hostess and will eventually be server. 15 mins top for both. No biggy.

Interview Questions

• Why applebees? Tell me about yourself? Availability? Previous work experience   Answer Question