Applebee's

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.1

Server Interview

Very straight forward, asked questions about restaurant experience and customer service skils. Can I multi task? Work under pressure? What would I do if a customer had a problem? What hours can I work? Very simple basic interview

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer didn't like their food?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview after 3 days. 2 days later I was offered a job and had orientation the next day. He/She scheduled the interview during a non busy time in the restaurant. He told me a little bit more of the company and told me the compensation. I accepted because I needed a job.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's.

I had my resume posted online. Tge District Manager gave me a call and asked me to go and fill out and app online abd complete assessment and then give him a call. I dud and he setup an interview with me. The interview went fine so he setup a previee day at an Applebee's. I went there and spent a shift in the kitchen. It was basicalky meant to find out if I would like working there and if they would Iike me. It went great. They gave me a free meal of my choice. I recieved call from him the next day. He asked if " I wanted to take the next step in the process. " I said "yes". He told me to come in to do background test and drug test. When I got there I filled out background check asked about the drug test. Some hiw things change his boss was in town and wanted to interview me since he was newly promoted (I assumed). They setup a time for interview I went and interviewed. His boss told me they would call me beginning og the following week. They never did. I called D.M. and asked if they made decision he told me they were still looking at other applicants and would call. (Never did)

Interview Questions
    • Where you responsible for cost of good percentsges, and if so what percentage did you achieve regularly?   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

I applied online and 2 weeks later I got an email to come in for an interview. I called the next day but she was off for the next 2 days, so I called after that. She had me come in a week later. She asked me basic questions and then offered me a position. I originally applied for Curbside To Go Specialist but she said that they don't usually start people at that position but I was fine with the offered position because I really needed a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to do something where you had to do something out of your job title?   Answer Question
    Smile and be comfortable

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

went answered questions got hire on the spot. very simple just smile and don't answer the questions like an idiot. very basic job seat people and clean tables off not rocket science.

Interview Questions
    this is hat im offering take it or leave it

Sever Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Easy and fun interview experience. Liked it as a company and was good stepping off point in my career in getting other serving jobs down the road. The managers were all really easy to talk to and were really helpful in all my questions. Only hard part was waiting for my background check to come back!

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Everything went perfect. First took the assessment test, then had the phone interview, then had the face to face interview with the Director of Mohawk Valley and that went awesome, set up a week later for a shift shadow walk through, which I was there for 6 hours and was so impressed with how well the location was managed, and was told I would get a call from HR for an offer. Still waiting for the call. (2 weeks)

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Applied online got called the next day, had to go through 2 interviews. After the first interview they told me I don't see why you wouldn't get hired, but policy says I need to do a second one.

Interview Questions

Ended up taking other job offer

Applebees Bartender/Neighborhood Expert Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's in January 2015.

brand new location , immediately greeted and welcomed , filled out a app. went through a great interview and finally was offered the position , quick efficient ,and exact to the point .

Interview Questions
    • what are the best two words that would describe me best   View Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in January 2015.

Friendly. Went through head manager. He asked a few questions and basically with my experience things sailed smoothly. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed. I'm excited to be an Applebee's employee!

Interview Questions
    • What happens when the kitchen gets stuffed with orders and everybody is behind..   View Answer
    Just go for it especially when you need a job!