Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.1

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's.

I went in with a resume and was asked to complete their standard fill in the blanks resume. A few days later I was called back to complete a test, which ended up being a personality test that took way too long. I got the job, but I don't know that they ever checked my personality test results.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can remember. Pretty much a paper interview.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Waitress Interview

Was hired on the spot. Express good customer service. THe manager was really nice and introduced me to many people. I transitioned into the company fairly quickly. I love my job now. I could have had more training but experience is the best training I believe. Be nice but professional.

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Applebee's.

2 interviews, they basically just want to kow your availability and previous work ecperience. Nothing fancy or complicated. After that you get hired and do some paperwork, followed by 4 days of training that incluses computer work, videos and stuff. And you follow someone. Then youll get your own section.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Applebee's.

Was contacted by email. Then set up for a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward. Then afterwards I was given a date for a 1 on 1 interview. 3 days later I went in and spoke with a director. That night he called and offered the position to me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a stressful situation that you failed at.   View Answer
    My initial salary. Go in with a number. Stay firm with it.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

3 different interviews. First one was over the phone, another one with the gm and the final one with the DM. Interview was pretty much standard. Long questions so you need to make sure you pay attention and answer the entire question. The interviewer is writing all your answers down bc they bring out 4 pages of questions with the GM and about 10 with the DM. The district manager said he would give a call next week but it was 2 days later. After that they while call you sign release forms for a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel if a manager left your company for another one because of more money?   Answer Question
    Not a whole lot of negotiation. They ask what you are excepting and they go down from there.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

I was contacted by a HR assistant after sending my resume through a job posting. She set me up with an interview at the corporate office. The interview went well and it was a very laid back general conversation about the business. She passed me along to the Area Director and I had an interview with him. It was a standard interview with all of the expected questions. The AD like ls me so I was passed on to the RJP, which stands for realistic job preview, a working interview of sorts.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something that you regret or something you wish younwould have done differently.   View Answer
    The salary was what I expected so no negotiation was needed.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Applebee's.

Group Interview. It was fun and a good way to show off if your sharp and carry yourself well. They started as a group and asked group questions. After that they sent some of the people home and did one on ones with the candidates and a GM. After that they did one on ones with the candidates and the District Managers. It was about a 2 hour process

Interview Questions
    There isn't much negotiation at this level

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's.

Open Call found out about it on craigslist. Met the manger. He gave me zero eye contact. I was asked typical questions. Why would you like to work at this restaurant? What can you bring to the restaurant?
    How to describe your self? At the end he asked could I stay for a test. The test was a 150 questions based on personality. The test took about 30 minutes. After completing the test, and awkwardly waiting for 40 minutes. He came back scored the test and then offered me the job. It starts at 7.50 plus tips.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate being that it is my first job in the industry.

Food Expediter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Applebee's.

The interview process takes a little over an hour. Most of that time is spent completing an aptitude test. I'm not even sure what they use the test for; I've never seen anyone not get hired because of their answers. Nor have I ever seen someone get promoted based on the test. The rest of the interview is spent answering questions about your work history and person job related information.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in July 2014.

I applied online two days ago and 30 minutes after submitting my application I got an email from the manager to set up a first interview. Keep in mind Applebee's normally uses a two interview/personality test hiring system. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early yesterday and was sat at a booth where I waited for the kitchen manager. When she came out to greet me she was extremely pleasant and made me feel at ease. She asked me very typical interview questions and about my hours of availability. Unfortunately my college classes restrict what hours I can work and at the end of the interview she explained that they only really needed someone for their night shift. Overall, it was still an enjoyable experience and I would recommend the company to someone looking for a job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do personally to make Applebee's stand out from it's competitors an get people to choose our restaurant? (Chili's/Ruby Tuesday/ TGI Friday's)   Answer Question

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!