Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.1

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

I applied online. It was a very easy process which I appreciated because this was my first job. Questions were fairly easy. I was very worried going into this interview but the interviewer was very nice. This was probably one of the most comfortable interviews I've been to. Good much if you have an interview coming up!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customers order being incorrect?   View Answer

Waitress Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

easy, two interviews 1st is asking questions second basically tells you if you're hired or not. They'll ask you the basic interview questions, my manager wasn't very intimidating. He was nice, but they'll ask you how you handle customers, your experience, how you've handled a difficult situation.

none

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in March 2015.

After filling out the application online, I was called for an interview after a couple days. The person that interviewed me was asking questions from a couple pages that had boxes to fill in. The questions I was asked were the same questions but asked in different ways which got annoying and the other questions were random questions. I didn't get any reactions when i answered the questions so I knew from the start I wasn't going to be called back.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in line at a grocery store, what would you tell the person in front of you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Applebee's, what can you bring to applebee's, how do you find out if a customer is enjoying their food, what do you expect to do in your position, how can you make the experience enjoyable for customers   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview after 3 days. 2 days later I was offered a job and had orientation the next day. He/She scheduled the interview during a non busy time in the restaurant. He told me a little bit more of the company and told me the compensation. I accepted because I needed a job.

Server Interview

Very straight forward, asked questions about restaurant experience and customer service skils. Can I multi task? Work under pressure? What would I do if a customer had a problem? What hours can I work? Very simple basic interview

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer didn't like their food?   View Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's.

I had my resume posted online. Tge District Manager gave me a call and asked me to go and fill out and app online abd complete assessment and then give him a call. I dud and he setup an interview with me. The interview went fine so he setup a previee day at an Applebee's. I went there and spent a shift in the kitchen. It was basicalky meant to find out if I would like working there and if they would Iike me. It went great. They gave me a free meal of my choice. I recieved call from him the next day. He asked if " I wanted to take the next step in the process. " I said "yes". He told me to come in to do background test and drug test. When I got there I filled out background check asked about the drug test. Some hiw things change his boss was in town and wanted to interview me since he was newly promoted (I assumed). They setup a time for interview I went and interviewed. His boss told me they would call me beginning og the following week. They never did. I called D.M. and asked if they made decision he told me they were still looking at other applicants and would call. (Never did)

Interview Questions
    • Where you responsible for cost of good percentsges, and if so what percentage did you achieve regularly?   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

I applied online and 2 weeks later I got an email to come in for an interview. I called the next day but she was off for the next 2 days, so I called after that. She had me come in a week later. She asked me basic questions and then offered me a position. I originally applied for Curbside To Go Specialist but she said that they don't usually start people at that position but I was fine with the offered position because I really needed a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to do something where you had to do something out of your job title?   Answer Question
    Smile and be comfortable

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

went answered questions got hire on the spot. very simple just smile and don't answer the questions like an idiot. very basic job seat people and clean tables off not rocket science.

Interview Questions
    this is hat im offering take it or leave it

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in February 2015.

Very pleasant, and professional. Did not take me back to the kitchen but interviewed in a central location so I could see all around me. Since not working for so many years the Chef could under stand where I was coming from and was very interested. I'm waiting to get a call back..

Interview Questions
    • How long did I think I would like to be with the company.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's in February 2015.

Met with General Manager and was asked several questions about my availability and personality questions. Then the Assistant Manager met with me separately and asked me questions about my experience working as a server and in what types of restaurants.

Interview Questions
    • Manager wanted to know my level of energy and temperament when dealing with a difficult customer.   View Answer