Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.1

Waitress Interview

Was hired on the spot. Express good customer service. THe manager was really nice and introduced me to many people. I transitioned into the company fairly quickly. I love my job now. I could have had more training but experience is the best training I believe. Be nice but professional.

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Applebee's.

2 interviews, they basically just want to kow your availability and previous work ecperience. Nothing fancy or complicated. After that you get hired and do some paperwork, followed by 4 days of training that incluses computer work, videos and stuff. And you follow someone. Then youll get your own section.

"Acting" General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2013.

Interviewed by Director and Vice president. The interview with the director was very unprofessional. They offered me a job and also lied about what my position would be. This is a franchise store and not a corporate store.

Interview Questions
    Be true to what you need and what your expectations are.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

3 different interviews. First one was over the phone, another one with the gm and the final one with the DM. Interview was pretty much standard. Long questions so you need to make sure you pay attention and answer the entire question. The interviewer is writing all your answers down bc they bring out 4 pages of questions with the GM and about 10 with the DM. The district manager said he would give a call next week but it was 2 days later. After that they while call you sign release forms for a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel if a manager left your company for another one because of more money?   Answer Question
    Not a whole lot of negotiation. They ask what you are excepting and they go down from there.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Applebee's in March 2010.

Very smooth and went quick. 5 Days in process. They communicated with me with a phone interview first then a face to face 2 days later. Had testing on day 3 and background as well. They were very clear with me on all communication and respectful of my time. They laid out all cards and were transparent with me on what to expect. Training was better than average as they checked in with me regularly and challenged me to learn and teach at the same time. It was a good experience because they spend time with you and literally have a system for everything!

none

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coventry, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, RI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2010.

Dropped off application, was called the next week and asked to come in and meet with an assistant manager. Spoke with AM for 5 minutes describing my work background, was given a personality test. Was called back for 2nd interview with the GM. GM explained the training procedures and work place policies.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2013.

I submitted a paper application to Applebee's with a referral from a friend. I placed a follow up call the next day and was asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by an assistant manager, mainly about availability and work experience. I had a second interview the next day with the another manager. Questions were generic. Was hired on the spot. It was a fairly simple process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. 10 an hour to start.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Applebee's.

Was contacted by email. Then set up for a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward. Then afterwards I was given a date for a 1 on 1 interview. 3 days later I went in and spoke with a director. That night he called and offered the position to me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a stressful situation that you failed at.   View Answer
    My initial salary. Go in with a number. Stay firm with it.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

I was contacted by a HR assistant after sending my resume through a job posting. She set me up with an interview at the corporate office. The interview went well and it was a very laid back general conversation about the business. She passed me along to the Area Director and I had an interview with him. It was a standard interview with all of the expected questions. The AD like ls me so I was passed on to the RJP, which stands for realistic job preview, a working interview of sorts.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something that you regret or something you wish younwould have done differently.   View Answer
    The salary was what I expected so no negotiation was needed.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in July 2014.

I applied online two days ago and 30 minutes after submitting my application I got an email from the manager to set up a first interview. Keep in mind Applebee's normally uses a two interview/personality test hiring system. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early yesterday and was sat at a booth where I waited for the kitchen manager. When she came out to greet me she was extremely pleasant and made me feel at ease. She asked me very typical interview questions and about my hours of availability. Unfortunately my college classes restrict what hours I can work and at the end of the interview she explained that they only really needed someone for their night shift. Overall, it was still an enjoyable experience and I would recommend the company to someone looking for a job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do personally to make Applebee's stand out from it's competitors an get people to choose our restaurant? (Chili's/Ruby Tuesday/ TGI Friday's)   Answer Question

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!