Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Thre job offer was made at the end of the interview. I was Promoted from within the company, started as a server. It was fairly quick and to the point. I was already familiar with whom they had interview me. I began training within the next two to three weeks. Best decision I have ever made.

Anonymous Employee in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Seneca, SC).

Interview

Super simple and informal. The managers just wanted to chat and get to know you to see if you would get along with the rest of the crew. They wanted to know if I had restaurant experience (I didn't and it was no problem). Experience in customer service was really helpful though.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in customer service   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Cambridge, MN).

Interview

Easy, interviewed with two managers at separate times. They asked standard, basic interview questions. They were professional, and made sure to plan enough time to get through everything necessary. Plus, they give you free beverages during the interview. It was a pretty casual interview, low pressure. If you have a good attitude, they'd probably hire you. The main goal with that company is to have attractive, cheerful people working in the front of house.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a host?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Largo, MD).

Interview

Filled out application. got a call lfrom hiring manager (who no longer works at location) the same day for an interview the following day. Met with manager the following day, he approved of me and passed my file on to the last round of interviewing which is with the GM. She loved me ( no longer works for company) And i was brought in for orientation the next day.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's in August 2015.

Interview

First of all make sure you call them to find out if you can apply in person. I tried to apply in person and they said I had to apply online so I wasted my time. I called the next day between 2-4 and asked if I could speak to a manager about an employment opportunity. Do NOT call at any other time or on the weekend. The best day to call is Monday. I said the position I applied for, that I have experience working in customer service, and then we scheduled the interview time. I came in with my resume and dressed in the dress code and explained how my personality and previous experience working in customer service although it was in retail would make me a good candidate. I took a personality test and passed. I had an interview with another manager and it was easy. They basically just care about how close you live to the restaurant, your availability, and if you are a thief. The only thing I did not like about the interview is how it took 2 hours because there was only one manager there at first and the personality test is so long. That is the longest interview I have had in my entire life. Also they said they would call me back the same day or the next day and they didn't. It took them three days to tell me I got hired. Anyway I liked the managers personalities and from observing the employees and managers working it seems like it has a good work environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Applebee's? What makes you a nice person? Are you still in school? What would you do if you caught a friend stealing?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's in August 2015.

Interview

It is like your typical interview. I applied through snagajob, and they called me a week after. I had two separate interviews with the host manager and the general manager, and they were both very nice. After the second interview, they said that they will call me back within two days to let me know if I got the job or not and they did.

Server At Applebees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Vallejo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I got an interview a week after I applied because I called and asked when the manager was available and showed up that same day to tell her I was interested in the job. so far I have been interview 4x.

Interview Questions

• What are three words that describe you?   Answer Question
    • why applebees? what do you like about applebees?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you would deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer
    • recommend something to me from the menu? (why did you choose that plate?)   1 Answer

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very casual, just asked about experience in restaurants and about sales experience and availability. Had me sell them an alcoholic drink. Wanted to know why I applied and wanted to work there.

Server Interview

Interview

Interview with two different managers. Managers were very friendly and it was relaxing.Be prepared with customer service type questions/answers. You have to be willing to get your food handlers and liquor license too.

Server Interview

Interview

submit app online. add resume for higher chance of calling. they will call you and you go in for in person interview with manager. if you get the job they will call you again

Negotiation