Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.0

Server Interview

Interview

submit app online. add resume for higher chance of calling. they will call you and you go in for in person interview with manager. if you get the job they will call you again

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Lufkin, TX).

Interview

Extremely short and easy. Casual questions like "Why Applebee's?" and "How would you treat this customer?" in front of a panel of three managers. Took about 4 days. I called them multiple times to check on my application and got an interview easily. I got the job, but after working for four days from 4-12:30 and not getting paid, I quit. They were very unorganized.

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I asked for an application at the front, applied and was called back for an interview. Hired on the spot. The hardest part was memorizing the menu -- this had to be done before you could actually wait tables.

Interview Questions

• Just about myself -- I was working my way through school, so they were interested in that.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I was called in for a series of interviews with different levels of management. The entire process of interviewing me and then hiring took almost a month. Drug test and other personality and management styles test are required.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clay, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Clay, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied back in March and was denied over email. When returning from school I was talking to a manager I knew and he said that I should apply and he would push me forward. A few days later, I was asked to come in for an interview. At the interview, the front of house manager interviewed me, asked me how I knew the manager that referred me and asked about school and my past work. She hired me on the spot. They are looking for a smile and good personality.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (McDonough, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

first interview was with two manager who asked basic questions, and were decently nice. as they reviewed my resume they concluded that i may be "over qualified" to be a server even though i had previous experience. so they told me to come back for a second interview with another manager who didn't even look at my resume and only care about my availability. the workers they are extremely unpleasant and i see why they didn't want me working there.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset for waiting for their turn   1 Answer

over qualified

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online for server, I called like everyday and got a call back in a month. You have to be persistent or you'll never get hired. Went in for an interview that week. The guy was boring, smiled once. Good thing im pretty bubbly. I was cool with it. Got a call back one week later for interview with store manager, he was informative. They will call previous employer. Got hired for hostess and will eventually be server. 15 mins top for both. No biggy.

Interview Questions

• Why applebees?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Availability?
      Previous work experience

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Alexandria, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I placed an interview and got a call from the GM. I went in that day to interview at 430pm. He said he would get with his other manager and call me back. The next day the other manager called me and asked if i'd like to come in for a 1st interview. I said I already did one. So he said ok come for 2nd interview. I had some specific scheduling needs, so when I told him what days I had to be off he sat for a couple of minutes real quiet and then said ok come start training tomorrow.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied in person after eating and turned it in to a manager who scheduled me for an interview a few days later. At that interview I got asked a few questions and filled out a personality test. At the end I was scheduled for a second interview with the general manager. The only bad thing was having to wait 50 minutes because they had something going on, but everyone was very nice, so it wasn't that big of a deal. At the end of the second Interview I was offered the job, and of course took it. Overall everyone was very nice to me and it wasn't a bad experience, during the interviews you just have to remember to be nice, smile, and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Why Applebee's?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 words to describe yourself? (Asked at both interviews) and 3 words your family/friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What are your goals for the next 6 months?   Answer Question
    • If you were to throw a party at Applebee's what would the theme be and who would you invite?   Answer Question
    • Describe your favorite meal in a way that would make me want it?
      Pretend I'm a customer coming in and greet me

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Neenah, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed an aplication online. Then I received a call for an interview. Then had a second one and was hired. The interview process was very to the point. They needed people and since I am in high school the hours worked for them and myself. Very efficient and nice people interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What is your time commitment?   1 Answer