Applebee's

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.1

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Everything went perfect. First took the assessment test, then had the phone interview, then had the face to face interview with the Director of Mohawk Valley and that went awesome, set up a week later for a shift shadow walk through, which I was there for 6 hours and was so impressed with how well the location was managed, and was told I would get a call from HR for an offer. Still waiting for the call. (2 weeks)

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Applied online got called the next day, had to go through 2 interviews. After the first interview they told me I don't see why you wouldn't get hired, but policy says I need to do a second one.

Interview Questions

Ended up taking other job offer

Applebees Bartender/Neighborhood Expert Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's in January 2015.

brand new location , immediately greeted and welcomed , filled out a app. went through a great interview and finally was offered the position , quick efficient ,and exact to the point .

Interview Questions
    • what are the best two words that would describe me best   View Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in January 2015.

Friendly. Went through head manager. He asked a few questions and basically with my experience things sailed smoothly. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed. I'm excited to be an Applebee's employee!

Interview Questions
    • What happens when the kitchen gets stuffed with orders and everybody is behind..   View Answer
    Just go for it especially when you need a job!

Server Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Applebee's.

I was pretty much hired with a very simple interview. Just wanted to know experience, availability & why I wanted to work there. There were a few questions about how to act in troublesome situations. Management was very friendly at interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone walked out without paying?   Answer Question
    Negotiated hours

Kitchen Manager Interview

I completed a one on one interview at an Applebees in Illinois. The process began on the phone, which led to the in person interview with a manager of human resources. The interview questions were those that sought an idea of personality type, professionalism, and confidence in decision making. I was asked if I would be willing to submit a urine sample for testing as it was standard practice for this particular franchise.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult came about in the interview. They did ask how I felt about terminating employees.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Applied for the job position received an email exactly one week later from the manager. wanting me to come in for an interview. attended the interview and interview lasted about 30 to 45 minutes and it just consisted of questions like how would you greet a customer when they walk into the resturant? what interested you in working in a hospitality atmosphere? questions about my job history and then I just had to verify my information turn in my resume

Interview Questions
    • What interested you about wanting to work in an hospitality atmosphere?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in December 2014.

The employer will call and schedule you for an interview, you will either meet the manager or if not the manager, a kitchen supervisor. Depending on how well you do on the interview, you would either be asked to come back for a second interview and a drug test or you would not be.

I had a pretty bad experience. I really wanted this job just because I knew it would help me advance in what my goals were. The kitchen supervisor was really nice, and we had a good conversation, but I don't know about the general manager.

I remember my first interview with them, they had me wait a good 45 minutes to tell me over and over again that the manager was not there and that he switched shifts and in the end, the kitchen supervisor gave me an interview. When they scheduled me for a 2nd interview, they made sure it was on a day the general manager was here. But when I got there they had me wait again for another 30 minutes. They gave me a personality test and then told me they would call in a week. A week came and no call. It's not been about 3 weeks, so it's safe to assume that call will never come. Even though the interview process was horrible, the people there are amazingly nice. Especially the staff that I came across!

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Submitted an application online. About 2 weeks later I received a call at 8 pm to come in the next day for an interview. I show up and have an interview with one of the managers. It was an easy interview, basically asked me about myself, asked me if I had any pets. Then he sets up another interview for the next day with a different manager. I meet with the kitchen manager, same thing as the day before, really short and easy interview. She then tells me to come back two days later for a third interview with the general manager and warned me that I should be prepared to sell something from the menu during my interview and that it would be a little more formal and the questions would be harder.
    For the third interview I show up early and I see the GM still interviewing another girl. As I'm waiting 3 more people show up for interviews scheduled after mine. At this point 40 minutes has passed and the GM is still talking to the same interviewee. Finally its my turn. He was impersonal and short with me to say the least especially compared to the other two managers I met previously. He asked me why I wanted to work at Applebee's, general questions about myself and then asked me to first sell him something from the menu and then pretend I was selling something to a friend. My interview lasted not more than 5 minutes and then he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

I couldn't see myself working under disorganized management like that. I found out after the interview that other people who were there for the same position only had to do 1 interview unlike my 3 interviews.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

I filled out an Online application on the company website. Then, I was called in for an in person interview with the manager. They were Typical interview questions. I was Called back and offered job and to start their training process.

Interview Questions

Better offer from another company.