Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied in person after eating and turned it in to a manager who scheduled me for an interview a few days later. At that interview I got asked a few questions and filled out a personality test. At the end I was scheduled for a second interview with the general manager. The only bad thing was having to wait 50 minutes because they had something going on, but everyone was very nice, so it wasn't that big of a deal. At the end of the second Interview I was offered the job, and of course took it. Overall everyone was very nice to me and it wasn't a bad experience, during the interviews you just have to remember to be nice, smile, and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Why Applebee's?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 words to describe yourself? (Asked at both interviews) and 3 words your family/friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What are your goals for the next 6 months?   Answer Question
    • If you were to throw a party at Applebee's what would the theme be and who would you invite?   Answer Question
    • Describe your favorite meal in a way that would make me want it?
      Pretend I'm a customer coming in and greet me

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Winter Haven, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They were easy to talk to seems like a great place to work i can't wait to start they called me quick 1st interview went great 2nd i want sure but they accepted i love serving making great tips woohoo i can't wait woo hooooooooo

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied online. It was a very easy process which I appreciated because this was my first job. Questions were fairly easy. I was very worried going into this interview but the interviewer was very nice. This was probably one of the most comfortable interviews I've been to. Good much if you have an interview coming up!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customers order being incorrect?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

easy, two interviews 1st is asking questions second basically tells you if you're hired or not. They'll ask you the basic interview questions, my manager wasn't very intimidating. He was nice, but they'll ask you how you handle customers, your experience, how you've handled a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Fontana, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After filling out the application online, I was called for an interview after a couple days. The person that interviewed me was asking questions from a couple pages that had boxes to fill in. The questions I was asked were the same questions but asked in different ways which got annoying and the other questions were random questions. I didn't get any reactions when i answered the questions so I knew from the start I wasn't going to be called back.

Interview Questions

• If you were in line at a grocery store, what would you tell the person in front of you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Applebee's, what can you bring to applebee's, how do you find out if a customer is enjoying their food, what do you expect to do in your position, how can you make the experience enjoyable for customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Ocala, FL).

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview after 3 days. 2 days later I was offered a job and had orientation the next day. He/She scheduled the interview during a non busy time in the restaurant. He told me a little bit more of the company and told me the compensation. I accepted because I needed a job.

Server Interview

Interview

Very straight forward, asked questions about restaurant experience and customer service skils. Can I multi task? Work under pressure? What would I do if a customer had a problem? What hours can I work? Very simple basic interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer didn't like their food?   1 Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Prattville, AL).

Interview

I had my resume posted online. Tge District Manager gave me a call and asked me to go and fill out and app online abd complete assessment and then give him a call. I dud and he setup an interview with me. The interview went fine so he setup a previee day at an Applebee's. I went there and spent a shift in the kitchen. It was basicalky meant to find out if I would like working there and if they would Iike me. It went great. They gave me a free meal of my choice. I recieved call from him the next day. He asked if " I wanted to take the next step in the process. " I said "yes". He told me to come in to do background test and drug test. When I got there I filled out background check asked about the drug test. Some hiw things change his boss was in town and wanted to interview me since he was newly promoted (I assumed). They setup a time for interview I went and interviewed. His boss told me they would call me beginning og the following week. They never did. I called D.M. and asked if they made decision he told me they were still looking at other applicants and would call. (Never did)

Interview Questions

• Where you responsible for cost of good percentsges, and if so what percentage did you achieve regularly?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I got an email to come in for an interview. I called the next day but she was off for the next 2 days, so I called after that. She had me come in a week later. She asked me basic questions and then offered me a position. I originally applied for Curbside To Go Specialist but she said that they don't usually start people at that position but I was fine with the offered position because I really needed a job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to do something where you had to do something out of your job title?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smile and be comfortable

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

went answered questions got hire on the spot. very simple just smile and don't answer the questions like an idiot. very basic job seat people and clean tables off not rocket science.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

this is hat im offering take it or leave it