Applebee's

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

I applied at the store, and I was interviewed on the spot. I was interviewed by two managers at that time and it went really well. After the interview I was hired on the spot and within two weeks i was in training.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's in June 2014.

It was really easy. I applied and then a week later I called and got an interview. Everything went well and then I got a second interview and then they offered me a job. The employer was really nice and friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel nervous once I started talking to them.

Food Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

Very relaxing interview, it is required that you have previous experience in the hospitality industry before coming in to interview. Since I had already worked in the industry I was able to talk about how many tables I could handle and how much sales expected to have on any given night. I was asked what I thought every server needed to do to be successful. That is a pretty common question. 9 out of 10 managers want you to say something like a good attitude or a nice smile.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is: where do you see yourself in ten years? It's difficult because even the manager knows you won't be with them, yet you feel obligated to say you will be there.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

I applied online with snagajob.com and a week later I got an email about an open interview at 3pm the following Tuesday. When I got there there were about 9 of us interviewing. 8 of us had been sent the email but the 9th person had walked in to turn in her application and just got put with us to be interviewed. We started off with the manager telling us the basics of working at Applebee's but nothing specific about each position. After that we got called to talk to him individually across the restaurant. I arrived at 2:50 and didn't get interviewed until 3:30ish and I was the second interview. The questions were really straightforward like tell me about yourself and what's your availability nothing difficult at all. I'd say we talked about 10 minutes tops and then he outright told me I'd be a good fit and offered me a job. (I was applying for a summer position)

None $3/shared tips

Server At Applebees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

Waste of time. First interview was with the kitchen manager. That's when I was told I would have an interview with the restaurant manager, the GM, do an online assessment, and then another "interview" where I would come in dressed in all black (like an employee) and show them what I've got. This is APPLEBEE'S for crying out loud, not some high end restaurant. At this point, I'm waiting to be called back for the final "interview". It's so over the top, I feel like my time and gas was wasted. I have serving experience and a great personality. I feel like I'm jumping through hoops for no reason.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a rule you didn't like to follow?
      Why do you think you're a good fit for the company?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenmont, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenmont, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

Talked to the general manager at a table in the restaurant, asked about my personal information, where i am going to school and why i wanted to be a server at Applebee's. When he knew that I had worked as a server before he decided to hired me as a server instead of a host for other unexperienced applicants.

Food Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Was lied to about many things. The most egregious was that I would make up to $100.00 per night in tips. I never made more than $20 or $30 bucks per 8 hour shift.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

three interviews very timly

Food Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

The interview was very simple. Now it is all online, but I was hired when they were still doing paper applications. It was a generic application, and when i went in for the interview they asked about previous experiences, why i left my other job, and my availability. I didn't get hired for my requested position, but I did make it there eventually.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in April 2014.

Filled out application, got a call the following day to come in 2 days later. Got offered a position. Started 2 weeks later.