Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Alexandria, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I placed an interview and got a call from the GM. I went in that day to interview at 430pm. He said he would get with his other manager and call me back. The next day the other manager called me and asked if i'd like to come in for a 1st interview. I said I already did one. So he said ok come for 2nd interview. I had some specific scheduling needs, so when I told him what days I had to be off he sat for a couple of minutes real quiet and then said ok come start training tomorrow.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied in person after eating and turned it in to a manager who scheduled me for an interview a few days later. At that interview I got asked a few questions and filled out a personality test. At the end I was scheduled for a second interview with the general manager. The only bad thing was having to wait 50 minutes because they had something going on, but everyone was very nice, so it wasn't that big of a deal. At the end of the second Interview I was offered the job, and of course took it. Overall everyone was very nice to me and it wasn't a bad experience, during the interviews you just have to remember to be nice, smile, and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Why Applebee's?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 words to describe yourself? (Asked at both interviews) and 3 words your family/friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What are your goals for the next 6 months?   Answer Question
    • If you were to throw a party at Applebee's what would the theme be and who would you invite?   Answer Question
    • Describe your favorite meal in a way that would make me want it? Pretend I'm a customer coming in and greet me   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Winter Haven, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They were easy to talk to seems like a great place to work i can't wait to start they called me quick 1st interview went great 2nd i want sure but they accepted i love serving making great tips woohoo i can't wait woo hooooooooo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (El Paso, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty relaxed and easy going. Management just came out and talked to me about his car. I guess it was to see if I could continue a conversation with a total stranger. Overall it was a pretty easy and good experience.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then called about a week later and they scheduled an interview for the following week. After the interview, I was invited back for a second interview with another manager. They had forgotten that I was scheduled for a second interview though, and when I arrived I was told they were no longer hiring.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Neenah, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed an aplication online. Then I received a call for an interview. Then had a second one and was hired. The interview process was very to the point. They needed people and since I am in high school the hours worked for them and myself. Very efficient and nice people interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What is your time commitment?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied online. It was a very easy process which I appreciated because this was my first job. Questions were fairly easy. I was very worried going into this interview but the interviewer was very nice. This was probably one of the most comfortable interviews I've been to. Good much if you have an interview coming up!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customers order being incorrect?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

easy, two interviews 1st is asking questions second basically tells you if you're hired or not. They'll ask you the basic interview questions, my manager wasn't very intimidating. He was nice, but they'll ask you how you handle customers, your experience, how you've handled a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Fontana, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After filling out the application online, I was called for an interview after a couple days. The person that interviewed me was asking questions from a couple pages that had boxes to fill in. The questions I was asked were the same questions but asked in different ways which got annoying and the other questions were random questions. I didn't get any reactions when i answered the questions so I knew from the start I wasn't going to be called back.

Interview Questions

• If you were in line at a grocery store, what would you tell the person in front of you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Applebee's, what can you bring to applebee's, how do you find out if a customer is enjoying their food, what do you expect to do in your position, how can you make the experience enjoyable for customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I got a call 2 days later for an interview. The floor manager interviews me just asks questions about and how I was in my previous employment. After she asked me to come back to be interviewed by the bar manager. The bar manager liked me as well and asked me to come back for the on the job interview I believe is called to see how I work and for them to make a decision at the end of the day I was interviewed one last time by the general manager and got hired on the spot.