Applebee's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
193 interviews

2.1

Server At Applebees Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's.

Dressed business and made contact with hiring manger to turn in application. Answered a test they give all candidates. Had one interview and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The question i remember the most in my head is how would others describe you. The most important thing is that you are a people person who is good at multi tasking in a fast pace and sometimes demanding environment.   Answer Question
    Servers in las vegas make min wage plus tips and other states it might be 2.13/hr plus tips. this is what servers know to expect when the are hired.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in April 2013.

It was very quick and disorganized. We sat in the dining room at an empty table. The manager asked me a couple questions about myself and my life/work experience. The manager offered me a job before the interview was even over.

Was no negotiation.

Server Interview

Great HR team! The whole experience was pleasant. I had my interview in the Manhattan location near times square. Very professional and not a job anyone off the street can land.

Key Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canandaigua, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canandaigua, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in January 2010.

Hiring and interview process is fun and upbeat. I was promised regular wage increases and as much overtime that i could handle. All employees seemed upbeat and personable. Tour of the facility was fairly quick, but thorough. The interview process took about an hour with the personality test and tour included.

Interview Questions
    • When have I ever doubted myself in a situation and how did I overcome it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was told what my wage would be, and there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in December 2011.

It was an open interview, and I went it with my mom and sister. We all had interviews, and I was a hired a couple weeks later. It was a decent interview.

Interview Questions
    • He expected me to be able to list different kinds of liquor and beer even though I wasn't 21 yet and had never been a server or bartender.   View Answer
    They called and told me I was hired, and to come in for orientation. Obviously I accepted, not knowing it would be the worst job I would ever have.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2010.

Standardized HR questions. If they like you, they'll hire you. If they don't, they'll say you didn't do so great on the personality quiz, which by the way, has no wrong answers.

Interview Questions
    Pretty standard. It was my first restaurant manager position, so I took what they offered, which at the time was pretty standard between the big competitors (Chili's, TGIF, Ruby, etc.)

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Radcliff, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radcliff, KY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2010.

I walked in one day, asked if they were hiring, filled out an app. Got a call the second I got back to my house, asking me to come in for an interview that same day. I showed up and had to fill out a lengthy questionnaire that mostly just determines your character traits and personality. They want to make sure you are reliable, friendly, and not a thief, basically.

Got a call the next day confirming that I passed the test, had to sit down for a second interview with a manager. Asked basically the same questions.

Interview Questions
    Minimum wage. Not much room for negotiating in positions like this!

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's.

I filled out a personality questionnaire and came back the next day to talk with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and made an appointment to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base pay is 7.25 an hour with tip outs from the servers. (Servers are not required to tip you though.)

Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

2- in person & 1 via skype.

Interview Questions
    No. They made an offer. If you take it then you can start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2014.

Well I applied on February 24th (my 18th birthday) at midnight, and the next day I got a call about an interview from the general manager, and we set it up for 2 weeks on saturday at 11 am, the following day around 1.45 pm, I got a call from another manager asking if I was 18, and if so, would I be willing to come in for an interview that day, of coarse I said yes. So I went in about 10 minutes early and the Servers assistant sat me in a booth in the back corner and a lower manager came out and asked me if I knew a person from my current work, then we talked about him for a minute, then we got right into the questions. The questions were kind of weird, but the more I think about them, the more they apply to the position I applied for. They asked me about 7 questions about customer service and 3 easier personal questions first. Then the man thanked me and set up an interview for the next day (today, February 27th) at 2 pm. So I will provide more info after I do the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Recall one time you went out to eat and you had good service, explain why it was good.   View Answer