Applebee's

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Open Call found out about it on craigslist. Met the manger. He gave me zero eye contact. I was asked typical questions. Why would you like to work at this restaurant? What can you bring to the restaurant?
    How to describe your self? At the end he asked could I stay for a test. The test was a 150 questions based on personality. The test took about 30 minutes. After completing the test, and awkwardly waiting for 40 minutes. He came back scored the test and then offered me the job. It starts at 7.50 plus tips.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate being that it is my first job in the industry.

Food Expediter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's.

The interview process takes a little over an hour. Most of that time is spent completing an aptitude test. I'm not even sure what they use the test for; I've never seen anyone not get hired because of their answers. Nor have I ever seen someone get promoted based on the test. The rest of the interview is spent answering questions about your work history and person job related information.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in July 2014.

I applied online two days ago and 30 minutes after submitting my application I got an email from the manager to set up a first interview. Keep in mind Applebee's normally uses a two interview/personality test hiring system. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early yesterday and was sat at a booth where I waited for the kitchen manager. When she came out to greet me she was extremely pleasant and made me feel at ease. She asked me very typical interview questions and about my hours of availability. Unfortunately my college classes restrict what hours I can work and at the end of the interview she explained that they only really needed someone for their night shift. Overall, it was still an enjoyable experience and I would recommend the company to someone looking for a job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do personally to make Applebee's stand out from it's competitors an get people to choose our restaurant? (Chili's/Ruby Tuesday/ TGI Friday's)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

The manager was really nice and laid back. he made it easy to talk to him. he gave me 2 interviews and called me after with the date for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make yourself stand out from the other workers?   View Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Winchester, KY

I arrived 20 min early the manager was in a meeting with a different manager. I was seated 6 tables down from the managers meeting asked if I wanted anything to drink by a waitress I asked for water. She brought it back and let the manager know I was sitting waiting. After 20 min the two mangers left the area I was in and went to the back one manager came back and proceed toward me never saying a thing. So I said Hi How are you. She responded. She then sat down gave me her name never asked me for mine. So I told her my name, and offered my hand she shook it. She then went through my paper work and said not asked so you have worked in the restaurant business before. I said yes. She then flipped a few pages over and started asking me question's. When I answered them the best i could she was like well your not giving me what I'm asking for your also impersonal. An then said I don't see how you worked as a waitress before. She then said the interview was not working out. I said thank you and shook her hand.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked, If you were to take a order and the client ordered med and they wanted a well done stake how would you fix this?   View Answer
    • Say you were in a group and your opinion about something was correct and you had to get every one to agree with you how would you do it?   View Answer

Curbside Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Applied online. Interview fairly casual. Asked me to explain my work history. Interview was held at a table in the restaurant. Manager told me they had a lot of candidates to interview. That if I didn't hear in two weeks that I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty typical. No really difficult question.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

I applied at the store, and I was interviewed on the spot. I was interviewed by two managers at that time and it went really well. After the interview I was hired on the spot and within two weeks i was in training.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's in June 2014.

It was really easy. I applied and then a week later I called and got an interview. Everything went well and then I got a second interview and then they offered me a job. The employer was really nice and friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel nervous once I started talking to them.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epping, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in June 2014.

easiest interview ever they hire people of the street with any problems. The whole place is a mill for hiring and firing employees without experience. my interviewer only a stereo typical questions such as why do you want to work for applebees? or what do you want to do with your life?.

no negotiations

Food Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's.

Very relaxing interview, it is required that you have previous experience in the hospitality industry before coming in to interview. Since I had already worked in the industry I was able to talk about how many tables I could handle and how much sales expected to have on any given night. I was asked what I thought every server needed to do to be successful. That is a pretty common question. 9 out of 10 managers want you to say something like a good attitude or a nice smile.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is: where do you see yourself in ten years? It's difficult because even the manager knows you won't be with them, yet you feel obligated to say you will be there.   Answer Question