Applebee's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cook Interview

Cook

Interviewed at Applebee's

Interview Details – roomate worked there said general manager was going to be in came, came in in dress clothes, hired me on spot

Interview Question – didnt have one   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call within a couple of weeks, met once with hiring manager, I was supposed to interview again with the general manager but she liked me so much that I was hired on spot.

Interview Question – The questions were very general, why do you want to work here, tell me about your previous experience and how it relates to the position...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation 2.13/hr plus tips

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in January 2009.

Interview Details – Walked-in and asked to speak to the manager, received a briggs-type personality test and general ethics test, then had an interview with the GM followed by the job offer.

Interview Question – Ethically questions about rude customers, e.g. how do you react when your customer is really being difficult and unreasonable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Asbury Park, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot. I just wore something casual.

Interview Question – Very ordinary questions   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2010.

Interview Details – Walked in, asked for an application. Application was given to me in store. Filled out the application there and turned in into the host at the host stand and asked to speak to a manager (since they were currently slow, he was able to get a hold of one). Spoke to the manager that very same day, asked a few general questions (this was my first job). Was told that she was going to talk to the general manager and I would be hearing something soon. Received a call a few hours later, told to come in the next day. Next day, spoke to the general manger, asked me a few things like "why do you want to work here?" "what customer service skills do you have?", really standard questions, and was hired on the spot. Best advice I can give is just to be really friendly and smile a lot during your interviews, restaurants focus a lot on personality.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really difficult, they were all really standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Ashland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Applebee's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Was called a few days later for an interview. The interview seemed to go great. The woman told me they did 3 interviews and then have candidates come in for an hour or two to walk the floor, talk to employees and guests. The woman called the person above her to schedule me for a 2nd interview, but the person didn't answer, so she left a message and told me she would contact me when the person called back....Well, she never called. I emailed her a week later to ask for an update or feedback and never heard back. Very unprofessional and changed my opinion of the company.

Interview Question – All general questions that you would expect for a management position. What did you like about being a manager? Tell me about a time you had to discipline. Etc.   Answer Question

Havertown, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. I had a one-on-one interview with the manager which was pretty informal. He sat down and said "talk to me." If this was my first interview, I might not have known what to say. But just explain why you are interested in working there, smile, and be confident. I was not asked any hard questions, just mainly about my background and availability. I was hired on the spot and told my orientation will be in a few days.

Interview Question – I was asked what my favorite item on the menu is.   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for hostess position. Received a call a week or so later asking me to fill out another online application. Two days after I received a call for a in person interview. In the interview the manager asked simple questions: Reviewed work history, asked my availability, asked my past restaurant experience. Was hired and given a tour and started the following week.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Server

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call for an interview at the restaurant. Sat down with the GM and the kitchen manager. Asked about my backround and what i like to do. They had me fill out a big packet of questions about my personality. After a lot of questioning they told me i would start training the next week.

Interview Question – They pulled out at box with question cards and starting firing random questions at me randomly that had nothing to do with the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – same base rate as a all other servers. plus tips.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed at Applebee's in January 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews in total. the first went extremely well, the second was with the hiring manager, and the third will be tomorrow.

Interview Question – do you have transportation to work   Answer Question