Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Overland Park, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from them and then went in for a one on one interview and then they called me that night and asked if i wanted to come back for a second one and i did and was offered a job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I got a call 2 days later for an interview. The floor manager interviews me just asks questions about and how I was in my previous employment. After she asked me to come back to be interviewed by the bar manager. The bar manager liked me as well and asked me to come back for the on the job interview I believe is called to see how I work and for them to make a decision at the end of the day I was interviewed one last time by the general manager and got hired on the spot.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Newark, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

There wasn't a actual interview at all. The whole process was very easy. I must have been lucky. I walked in and asked for a manager. Luckily no one was in the restaurant and the General manager was available. He asked me about myself, my prior cooking experience in a restaurant (which was zero) and ambitious in life and what I think Applebees could do to help. I was offered on the spot, not everyone's experience will be like mine

Server Interview

Interview

Very straight forward, asked questions about restaurant experience and customer service skils. Can I multi task? Work under pressure? What would I do if a customer had a problem? What hours can I work? Very simple basic interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer didn't like their food?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Ocala, FL).

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview after 3 days. 2 days later I was offered a job and had orientation the next day. He/She scheduled the interview during a non busy time in the restaurant. He told me a little bit more of the company and told me the compensation. I accepted because I needed a job.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Prattville, AL).

Interview

I had my resume posted online. Tge District Manager gave me a call and asked me to go and fill out and app online abd complete assessment and then give him a call. I dud and he setup an interview with me. The interview went fine so he setup a previee day at an Applebee's. I went there and spent a shift in the kitchen. It was basicalky meant to find out if I would like working there and if they would Iike me. It went great. They gave me a free meal of my choice. I recieved call from him the next day. He asked if " I wanted to take the next step in the process. " I said "yes". He told me to come in to do background test and drug test. When I got there I filled out background check asked about the drug test. Some hiw things change his boss was in town and wanted to interview me since he was newly promoted (I assumed). They setup a time for interview I went and interviewed. His boss told me they would call me beginning og the following week. They never did. I called D.M. and asked if they made decision he told me they were still looking at other applicants and would call. (Never did)

Interview Questions

• Where you responsible for cost of good percentsges, and if so what percentage did you achieve regularly?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I got an email to come in for an interview. I called the next day but she was off for the next 2 days, so I called after that. She had me come in a week later. She asked me basic questions and then offered me a position. I originally applied for Curbside To Go Specialist but she said that they don't usually start people at that position but I was fine with the offered position because I really needed a job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Applebees?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to do something where you had to do something out of your job title?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smile and be comfortable

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

went answered questions got hire on the spot. very simple just smile and don't answer the questions like an idiot. very basic job seat people and clean tables off not rocket science.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

this is hat im offering take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with General Manager and was asked several questions about my availability and personality questions. Then the Assistant Manager met with me separately and asked me questions about my experience working as a server and in what types of restaurants.

Interview Questions

• Manager wanted to know my level of energy and temperament when dealing with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Salem, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant, and professional. Did not take me back to the kitchen but interviewed in a central location so I could see all around me. Since not working for so many years the Chef could under stand where I was coming from and was very interested. I'm waiting to get a call back..

Interview Questions

• How long did I think I would like to be with the company.   1 Answer