Applebee's Interview Questions & Reviews

194 interviews

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2014.

Well I applied on February 24th (my 18th birthday) at midnight, and the next day I got a call about an interview from the general manager, and we set it up for 2 weeks on saturday at 11 am, the following day around 1.45 pm, I got a call from another manager asking if I was 18, and if so, would I be willing to come in for an interview that day, of coarse I said yes. So I went in about 10 minutes early and the Servers assistant sat me in a booth in the back corner and a lower manager came out and asked me if I knew a person from my current work, then we talked about him for a minute, then we got right into the questions. The questions were kind of weird, but the more I think about them, the more they apply to the position I applied for. They asked me about 7 questions about customer service and 3 easier personal questions first. Then the man thanked me and set up an interview for the next day (today, February 27th) at 2 pm. So I will provide more info after I do the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Recall one time you went out to eat and you had good service, explain why it was good.   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hobbs, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobbs, NM

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2013.

I applied on line and received a phone call that day to come in for orientation. There was no interview. I gave basic information online. After working there, it seems like they will hire almost anyone. I went in the nest day to fill out papers and was asked when I could start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2011.

I had a positive experience. A one-on-one interview with the manager of the restaurant, followed by a tour of the floor and kitchen. Met a large amount of the servers who were scheduled for the night.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions of how you would handle a situation with a difficult customer. These were hard for me because I had not serving experience.   Answer Question

Host Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

Received a phone call around a month after applying. Consisted of 3 interviews. The entire process took over a week. I personally feel that any more than 2 is excessive considering the position and the fact that another manager was probably there each time; could've shortened the entire process.

Slightly unprofessional in the sense that I had to wait around a while each time even though I arrived 10 minutes early. At least once I interviewed with a completely different manager than I was told on the phone or prior interview. Occurred at another location as well.

Interview Questions
    • Run of the mill interview. The most unexpected part was they all asked me the same questions.   Answer Question
    Under minimum wage base rate plus a tip share.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2010.

I filled out a generic application and within a few days received a call to come in for an interview. I went in and sat in a booth with one of the managers. We talked for a short period about my past waitressing experiences and my school schedule and then decided on a date when I could start. The interview took well under an hour and then I got a brief tour and a taste of the pizza.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall precisely but I do recall being asked questions that had nothing to do with waitressing and was caught off guard by them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's in April 2012.

The interview was a two-part process. First, I met with a server manager who asked me questions about my schedule, what motivated me to apply at Applebee's and questions about my employment history. The questions seemed extremely easy to answer. I was told that there were a few more interviews for the day, and they would call back once they finished interviewing all applicants and determining the best fit. They called me back informing me they were interested in having a follow-up interview in which I met with the Store General Manager. This interview included more questions about my history, what interests me outside of work, and how do I feel about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel makes you a good fit for our work environment   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Applebee's.

Initially you meet with HR at franchise office, then you do a follow with a GM of one of their restaurants, then meet with an Area Director.

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't have any hard questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    yes you are able to negotiate but not very much.

Waitress Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Applebee's.

First interview called

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Walked in asked for an interview and was hired on the spot

General Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

3 interviews, and a shadow shift in a store. They tell you it doesn't have any bearing on hiring, but it does.

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty standard. But you better be prepared to be specific   Answer Question