Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.0

Kitchen Manager Interview

Interview

I completed a one on one interview at an Applebees in Illinois. The process began on the phone, which led to the in person interview with a manager of human resources. The interview questions were those that sought an idea of personality type, professionalism, and confidence in decision making. I was asked if I would be willing to submit a urine sample for testing as it was standard practice for this particular franchise.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult came about in the interview. They did ask how I felt about terminating employees.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Applied for the job position received an email exactly one week later from the manager. wanting me to come in for an interview. attended the interview and interview lasted about 30 to 45 minutes and it just consisted of questions like how would you greet a customer when they walk into the resturant? what interested you in working in a hospitality atmosphere? questions about my job history and then I just had to verify my information turn in my resume

Interview Questions

• What interested you about wanting to work in an hospitality atmosphere?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's in December 2014.

Interview

The employer will call and schedule you for an interview, you will either meet the manager or if not the manager, a kitchen supervisor. Depending on how well you do on the interview, you would either be asked to come back for a second interview and a drug test or you would not be. I had a pretty bad experience. I really wanted this job just because I knew it would help me advance in what my goals were. The kitchen supervisor was really nice, and we had a good conversation, but I don't know about the general manager. I remember my first interview with them, they had me wait a good 45 minutes to tell me over and over again that the manager was not there and that he switched shifts and in the end, the kitchen supervisor gave me an interview. When they scheduled me for a 2nd interview, they made sure it was on a day the general manager was here. But when I got there they had me wait again for another 30 minutes. They gave me a personality test and then told me they would call in a week. A week came and no call. It's not been about 3 weeks, so it's safe to assume that call will never come. Even though the interview process was horrible, the people there are amazingly nice. Especially the staff that I came across!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold River, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Gold River, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

This was a little while ago, so my memory isn't great. I know I sat out front for a while waiting for a manager to come out, but everyone was really friendly, so I didn't mind. I came in for two interviews, one with an assistant manager and one with a general manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Submitted an application online. About 2 weeks later I received a call at 8 pm to come in the next day for an interview. I show up and have an interview with one of the managers. It was an easy interview, basically asked me about myself, asked me if I had any pets. Then he sets up another interview for the next day with a different manager. I meet with the kitchen manager, same thing as the day before, really short and easy interview. She then tells me to come back two days later for a third interview with the general manager and warned me that I should be prepared to sell something from the menu during my interview and that it would be a little more formal and the questions would be harder. For the third interview I show up early and I see the GM still interviewing another girl. As I'm waiting 3 more people show up for interviews scheduled after mine. At this point 40 minutes has passed and the GM is still talking to the same interviewee. Finally its my turn. He was impersonal and short with me to say the least especially compared to the other two managers I met previously. He asked me why I wanted to work at Applebee's, general questions about myself and then asked me to first sell him something from the menu and then pretend I was selling something to a friend. My interview lasted not more than 5 minutes and then he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

I couldn't see myself working under disorganized management like that. I found out after the interview that other people who were there for the same position only had to do 1 interview unlike my 3 interviews.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I filled out an Online application on the company website. Then, I was called in for an in person interview with the manager. They were Typical interview questions. I was Called back and offered job and to start their training process.

Interview Questions

Better offer from another company.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Applebee's (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Was set up through a recruiter who worked well with me. Set up the interview with no problems. Went to the initial interview and was back within a week for the shift follow

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? I hate that question   1 Answer

Better offer from another restaurant

Applebee's Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied to a Craigslist ad. I received an email about 2 weeks after I submitted my resume that they would like to consider me for the position and asked that I take an assessment test. This is a pretty standard test that is used by many companies to help determine if the prospective employee fits the position. After I completed the test, I received an interview with HR. It was about 2 1/2 hours long. Interview questions were directed at determining if I actually new the business and my attitude toward customer service. Very pleasant interview. The interviewer knew the business also and didn't just read questions off of a sheet. I was told that he would like to move on to the next step and scheduled an interview with the general manager of the store. During this 2 1/2 hour interview, I was walked around the store, greeted a couple tables with the manager, talked with other managers and discussed my past employers and future expectations. At this point I was told that they were going to order the background check. I received another email that I was to meet with another person in HR for my final interview. During this interview, we discussed points in the restaurant that needed attention, and was asked how I would handle different situations. All in all I really appreciated the amount of time that they spend picking their employees. If you become part of this family, you know that your co-workers will also be qualified. Very pleasant experience during the whole process. The people were very professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle getting your fellow managers to follow your ideas for change that you think needs to be made?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The presented an offer that I liked and I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Snellville, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were hiring and was given a card with a hiring code and a website with which to apply, and was called in for an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What customer service meant to me, whether or not I had serving experience.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First I received a phone call. That lasted 10 minutes. It was a basic fact check and why I wanted the job. Then I was lucky enough to have both people whom had to interview me available at one time. That was about half a hour. Basic questions included why did I want the job and what is the most important part of a successful restaurant.

Interview Questions

• What was my typical day like in a competitors restaurant?   1 Answer