Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.1

Food Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

The interview was very simple. Now it is all online, but I was hired when they were still doing paper applications. It was a generic application, and when i went in for the interview they asked about previous experiences, why i left my other job, and my availability. I didn't get hired for my requested position, but I did make it there eventually.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in April 2014.

Filled out application, got a call the following day to come in 2 days later. Got offered a position. Started 2 weeks later.

Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in April 2014.

A couple of interviews, they basically just want to kow your availability and previous work experience. You will do a few days of training and then shadow someone. Will need to do paperwork and watch some training videos. Then you get your own section.

Took another job

Server At Applebees Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Dressed business and made contact with hiring manger to turn in application. Answered a test they give all candidates. Had one interview and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The question i remember the most in my head is how would others describe you. The most important thing is that you are a people person who is good at multi tasking in a fast pace and sometimes demanding environment.   Answer Question
    Servers in las vegas make min wage plus tips and other states it might be 2.13/hr plus tips. this is what servers know to expect when the are hired.

Server Interview

Great HR team! The whole experience was pleasant. I had my interview in the Manhattan location near times square. Very professional and not a job anyone off the street can land.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

I filled out a personality questionnaire and came back the next day to talk with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and made an appointment to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base pay is 7.25 an hour with tip outs from the servers. (Servers are not required to tip you though.)

Server At Applebees Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in March 2014.

Got a call 10 mins after application. I went there for my interview on a Friday with the shift manager. We sat in one of the tables instead of an office. Then, she started flipping through the questions. The questions weren't that bad for my first interview ever. Asked about my schedule and my leadership experience, if any. Told me to wait for a call but never got one so I gave up.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in March 2014.

This was my first interview so I was definitely nervous and even though I researched a lot before I went to the interview, I don't think I was prepared enough. I was asked about myself... what extracurriculars I did in high school, any volunteering experience, what I can bring to the company. They definitely wanted to know if I would be able to handle working there, and repeatedly told me you were more trying to sell products than just being a server (writing down an order and bringing it out to them). You would be trying to sell as much as you could and if you don't ask a table to try the drink special then they get a discount the next time they come in. He understood that I didn't have work experience and that you just have to start somewhere and it is very common to work in this type of business through college. I wasn't asked any crazy questions like - "Sell this dessert to me" which is a question I saw was asked and was worried about. Just go into the interview confident in yourself and prepare what you want to say to sell yourself. I didn't get an offer because I don't think I sold myself as highly as I could of and they did have other interviews for only one position. I thought it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about yourself and what you can bring to the company. (Common question but make sure you have a strong answer)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

2- in person & 1 via skype.

Interview Questions
    No. They made an offer. If you take it then you can start.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Initially you meet with HR at franchise office, then you do a follow with a GM of one of their restaurants, then meet with an Area Director.

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't have any hard questions or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    yes you are able to negotiate but not very much.