Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Montgomery, AL) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online with snagajob.com and a week later I got an email about an open interview at 3pm the following Tuesday. When I got there there were about 9 of us interviewing. 8 of us had been sent the email but the 9th person had walked in to turn in her application and just got put with us to be interviewed. We started off with the manager telling us the basics of working at Applebee's but nothing specific about each position. After that we got called to talk to him individually across the restaurant. I arrived at 2:50 and didn't get interviewed until 3:30ish and I was the second interview. The questions were really straightforward like tell me about yourself and what's your availability nothing difficult at all. I'd say we talked about 10 minutes tops and then he outright told me I'd be a good fit and offered me a job. (I was applying for a summer position)

Interview Questions

• What are our hours of operation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None $3/shared tips

Server At Applebees Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (North Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

Waste of time. First interview was with the kitchen manager. That's when I was told I would have an interview with the restaurant manager, the GM, do an online assessment, and then another "interview" where I would come in dressed in all black (like an employee) and show them what I've got. This is APPLEBEE'S for crying out loud, not some high end restaurant. At this point, I'm waiting to be called back for the final "interview". It's so over the top, I feel like my time and gas was wasted. I have serving experience and a great personality. I feel like I'm jumping through hoops for no reason.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a rule you didn't like to follow?
      Why do you think you're a good fit for the company?

Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's (Glenmont, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Talked to the general manager at a table in the restaurant, asked about my personal information, where i am going to school and why i wanted to be a server at Applebee's. When he knew that I had worked as a server before he decided to hired me as a server instead of a host for other unexperienced applicants.

Server At Applebees Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Snellville, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I called the next day and they asked to schedule an interview. The manager interviewed me within 1 week and asked basic questions (about myself mostly) and easy situational questions. Manager was very nice and assured me that I'd fit right in. Overall easy process. They handle tranfers well, so if you want to transfer to another location - they make it simple.

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Was lied to about many things. The most egregious was that I would make up to $100.00 per night in tips. I never made more than $20 or $30 bucks per 8 hour shift.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

three interviews very timly

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Now it is all online, but I was hired when they were still doing paper applications. It was a generic application, and when i went in for the interview they asked about previous experiences, why i left my other job, and my availability. I didn't get hired for my requested position, but I did make it there eventually.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, got a call the following day to come in 2 days later. Got offered a position. Started 2 weeks later.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in April 2014.

Interview

A couple of interviews, they basically just want to kow your availability and previous work experience. You will do a few days of training and then shadow someone. Will need to do paperwork and watch some training videos. Then you get your own section.

Took another job

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Conyers, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Real simple. Sat me down at a table and asked me my schedule and work experience. Very basic interview. Understand interview guidelines and you will do just fine. Definitely good to have prior cooking experience and a flexible schedule. The general manager who hired me also always offered 50 cents less than you asked for (within minimum wage) so keep that in mind too. But don't ask to high because the salary cap there is $10.00/hr for cooks.

Interview Questions

• What other restaurant jobs have you held?   1 Answer