Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

2 interviews, they basically just want to kow your availability and previous work ecperience. Nothing fancy or complicated. After that you get hired and do some paperwork, followed by 4 days of training that incluses computer work, videos and stuff. And you follow someone. Then youll get your own section.

Waitress Interview

Interview

Was hired on the spot. Express good customer service. THe manager was really nice and introduced me to many people. I transitioned into the company fairly quickly. I love my job now. I could have had more training but experience is the best training I believe. Be nice but professional.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Madison, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and took assessment a Friday morning, was called for an interview Friday afternoon for the following Tuesday afternoon. Interviewed with kitchen manager first who asked standard interview questions, then interviewed with general manager which was more informal, told me about the job, and talked about availability.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would go above & beyond the responsibility of your assigned position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered $8.00/hour, no negotiation.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Was contacted by email. Then set up for a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward. Then afterwards I was given a date for a 1 on 1 interview. 3 days later I went in and spoke with a director. That night he called and offered the position to me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a stressful situation that you failed at.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My initial salary. Go in with a number. Stay firm with it.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

Interview

3 different interviews. First one was over the phone, another one with the gm and the final one with the DM. Interview was pretty much standard. Long questions so you need to make sure you pay attention and answer the entire question. The interviewer is writing all your answers down bc they bring out 4 pages of questions with the GM and about 10 with the DM. The district manager said he would give a call next week but it was 2 days later. After that they while call you sign release forms for a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if a manager left your company for another one because of more money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a whole lot of negotiation. They ask what you are excepting and they go down from there.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR assistant after sending my resume through a job posting. She set me up with an interview at the corporate office. The interview went well and it was a very laid back general conversation about the business. She passed me along to the Area Director and I had an interview with him. It was a standard interview with all of the expected questions. The AD like ls me so I was passed on to the RJP, which stands for realistic job preview, a working interview of sorts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something that you regret or something you wish younwould have done differently.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was what I expected so no negotiation was needed.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Carlisle, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application in store. The manager right away asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I had a 30 minute interview and was highered on the spot. The interview itself was just a 1:1 in restaurant and went over my experiences and why I wanted to work for Applebee's. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Is there any reason I shouldn't hire you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Applebee's?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

Interview

Initially if you were interested in working at Applebee's you either called and were told by management to complete an application online at AppleAmerican.com and you were also told to come on by the location and drop off a resume. I was contacted by the Assistant General Manager for an interview after about a week. Upon getting by the first round of interviews, I was set up with an interview with the General Manager about a week later. The atmosphere seemed pleasant and they had you interview during non-peak hours so it was quiet throughout the restaurant. Both interviews didn't last longer than ten minutes and I was told by management that I'd be contacted within the next upcoming week.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over someone else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase involved asking how often you were able to work and if you were able to work morning shifts, night shifts, holidays etc. It also involved setting up training days within the next coming week or so. There was no negotiation over desired wage or salary.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Group Interview. It was fun and a good way to show off if your sharp and carry yourself well. They started as a group and asked group questions. After that they sent some of the people home and did one on ones with the candidates and a GM. After that they did one on ones with the candidates and the District Managers. It was about a 2 hour process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation at this level

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Open Call found out about it on craigslist. Met the manger. He gave me zero eye contact. I was asked typical questions. Why would you like to work at this restaurant? What can you bring to the restaurant? How to describe your self? At the end he asked could I stay for a test. The test was a 150 questions based on personality. The test took about 30 minutes. After completing the test, and awkwardly waiting for 40 minutes. He came back scored the test and then offered me the job. It starts at 7.50 plus tips.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate being that it is my first job in the industry.