Applebee's Line Cook Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Salem, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant, and professional. Did not take me back to the kitchen but interviewed in a central location so I could see all around me. Since not working for so many years the Chef could under stand where I was coming from and was very interested. I'm waiting to get a call back..

Interview Questions

• How long did I think I would like to be with the company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Conyers, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Real simple. Sat me down at a table and asked me my schedule and work experience. Very basic interview. Understand interview guidelines and you will do just fine. Definitely good to have prior cooking experience and a flexible schedule. The general manager who hired me also always offered 50 cents less than you asked for (within minimum wage) so keep that in mind too. But don't ask to high because the salary cap there is $10.00/hr for cooks.

Interview Questions

• What other restaurant jobs have you held?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Lincoln, NE) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and then was called the next day. I had 2 interviews by the same guy and they took about 20 minutes each. They didn't ask about any of my experience which was weird. They only cared about availability and if I was willing to work OT or not. After 2nd interview, I was offered a job and accepted. There was no negotiating the wage/salary.

Interview Questions

• Can you work doubles/weekends/gamedays.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Buffalo, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient. They wanted to know what kind of hours you can work and if you have reliable transportation. They do not do a background check or a drug screen. As long as you can get there and are willing to work they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Glacier, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Applebee's (West Glacier, MT) in September 2011.

Interview

There were 3 interviews, the first being a phone interview. At the first interview they asked me general questions like how much experience I had and why did I apply for the job. The second interview was questions about my personality like "when was a time you had to solve a problem and how did you solve it." also "why do you think you will be successful at this job if we hire you"

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, these were very general. He wrote a few things off to the side of my application as I was answering the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they told me that after 6 months I would get a raise. There is a 6 month probationary period unlike the usual 3 month period for most restaurant work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Marshall, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

Hiring and Interview was kind of a joke. You get a job by knowing people that work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's (Dothan, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was in the restaurant eating and happened to ask my waiter about a job in he told me the kitchen had a few openings. And they needed help bad and asap and that I should apply if I had experience. So I applied 2 days later on a monday and they called me back on that Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• The questions were rushed and basic I could sense the urgency of needing help.   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

the interview process is pretty simple, just sound eager to work there and show that you are adaptable to their needs.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I received a phone call for an interview, I showed up well dressed to find the manager in casual attire. This was fine with me, made me more comfortable, and there were a few generic questions. The way the questions were addressed, it was obvious that they already knew they were going to hire me before the interview.

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation. Was told "this is how much you will get paid if you take the job" and that was it.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Applebee's (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2012.

Interview

its quit nervous...but everything goes smooth and easy.mr. nathan is very funny person.and mr. hany just listening on the side. before he start or right after i enter the interview room....he compliment how i dress... then after a hes compliment introduction he started to ask me question.

Interview Questions

• personal info. and job experiences and my preview on the job that i am applying for.just in case i get hire.   1 Answer