Applebee's

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marshall, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview was kind of a joke. You get a job by knowing people that work there.

Interview Question – not sure   Answer Question

West Glacier, MT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Applebee's in September 2011.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews, the first being a phone interview. At the first interview they asked me general questions like how much experience I had and why did I apply for the job. The second interview was questions about my personality like "when was a time you had to solve a problem and how did you solve it." also "why do you think you will be successful at this job if we hire you"

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, these were very general. He wrote a few things off to the side of my application as I was answering the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they told me that after 6 months I would get a raise. There is a 6 month probationary period unlike the usual 3 month period for most restaurant work.

Line Cook

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – the interview process is pretty simple, just sound eager to work there and show that you are adaptable to their needs.

Interview Question – Your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Line Cook

I applied online and interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – I received a phone call for an interview, I showed up well dressed to find the manager in casual attire. This was fine with me, made me more comfortable, and there were a few generic questions. The way the questions were addressed, it was obvious that they already knew they were going to hire me before the interview.

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't a negotiation. Was told "this is how much you will get paid if you take the job" and that was it.

Line Cook

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in June 2008.

Interview Details – An Assistant Manager interviewed everyone who applied in one group. Then she separated us and had us take personality tests. Once I finished the test successfully I met the Store Manager. We talked for a few minutes, maybe 10, then I was offered the job. It was a friendly process, not at all intimidating. I was given a tour of the back of house (BOH) and met other management and supervisors.

Interview Question – Do you have reliable transportation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The hourly wage was basically predetermined at $7. I asked for $8 and we agreed on $7.50 to start. I received multiple (though low) raises while employed there.

Line Cook

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in October 2008.

Interview Details – Came in for an interview during their slow hours, the manager was very apathetic about the process while interviewing me. There were very generic questions about my past work experience, and my availability. Ultimately, I believe he was content with hiring anyone that spoke English to work in the kitchen.

Interview Question – Do you have any past experience that will help you in this job?   Answer Question

Line Cook

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2010.

Interview Details – I asked for an application, they called, I interviewed.

Interview Question – Have you worked for applebee's before   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applebee's

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applebee's Line Cook interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applebee's employees and interview candidates.