Applebee's

1.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Glacier, MT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Glacier, MT

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Applebee's in September 2011.

There were 3 interviews, the first being a phone interview. At the first interview they asked me general questions like how much experience I had and why did I apply for the job. The second interview was questions about my personality like "when was a time you had to solve a problem and how did you solve it." also "why do you think you will be successful at this job if we hire you"

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, these were very general. He wrote a few things off to the side of my application as I was answering the questions.   Answer Question
they told me that after 6 months I would get a raise. There is a 6 month probationary period unlike the usual 3 month period for most restaurant work.

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2011.

Hiring and Interview was kind of a joke. You get a job by knowing people that work there.

Line Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's.

the interview process is pretty simple, just sound eager to work there and show that you are adaptable to their needs.

Line Cook Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

I received a phone call for an interview, I showed up well dressed to find the manager in casual attire. This was fine with me, made me more comfortable, and there were a few generic questions. The way the questions were addressed, it was obvious that they already knew they were going to hire me before the interview.

There really wasn't a negotiation. Was told "this is how much you will get paid if you take the job" and that was it.

Line Cook Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in February 2010.

I asked for an application, they called, I interviewed.

Line Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in October 2008.

Came in for an interview during their slow hours, the manager was very apathetic about the process while interviewing me. There were very generic questions about my past work experience, and my availability. Ultimately, I believe he was content with hiring anyone that spoke English to work in the kitchen.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any past experience that will help you in this job?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in June 2008.

An Assistant Manager interviewed everyone who applied in one group. Then she separated us and had us take personality tests. Once I finished the test successfully I met the Store Manager. We talked for a few minutes, maybe 10, then I was offered the job. It was a friendly process, not at all intimidating. I was given a tour of the back of house (BOH) and met other management and supervisors.

Interview Questions
    The hourly wage was basically predetermined at $7. I asked for $8 and we agreed on $7.50 to start. I received multiple (though low) raises while employed there.