Applebee's Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's.

I filled out a personality questionnaire and came back the next day to talk with the general manager. I was hired on the spot and made an appointment to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base pay is 7.25 an hour with tip outs from the servers. (Servers are not required to tip you though.)

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fridley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applebee's in October 2012.

When I got a call from Applebee's to come in for an interview, I admit i was excited. The first interview was with the general (main) manager who was very distant and made almost no eye contact during the interview, he was mainly watching the front for guests to seat. He asked a few basic questions such as what positions I was interested in and what one I was the most interested in. I told him I be honored for either, yet preferred the server position. The interview was over in about 15 minutes. Next, I was called back for a second interview with the assistant manager. This interview was fairly long and involved, he asked questions like what was my favorite food on the menu, to explain why I liked it, and would how I would recommend it. Why I wanted to work for Applebee's, etc.. This manager was very serious and made almost 100% eye contact. Then he said the general manager wanted to place me as a hostess, yet he felt I was over qualified and thought the server position would be a better placement for me and that he would push for this. Then he said the main manager usually made his decisions based from his opinions (the assistant manager's). He said there was a 98% chance they were going to hire me, yet wanted me to have a 3rd interview.
    The 3rdinterview was with another manger. The interview seemed to have gone very good with him. He said they were leaning towards the hostess position. I said I'd be honored and that would be great. This interview lasted about 30 minutes, he had a good attitude and seemed happy. Then he said, " I look forward to working with you" and that I'd receive a call no later than 4:30 that day. The call never came. A day later, I called back and the second interviewer answered the phone and said he wanted to set me up for a 3rd, interview. I told him I had a 3rd interviewed the day before with the 3rd manager, yet would be happy to go back for another. He said "Oh no, we only interview a max of 3 times." He stated the day before they had a very long intensive manager's meeting and had hired 1 person for a server position. Yet he said he was unaware that I had already interviewed a 3rd time. Then he said he'd call me at 4:15 the next day and we'd go from there. I was told the next day that they decided to pass because the general manager "didn't feel I was gung-ho" enough about the hostess position, and that if it was up to him he would've hired me."

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you received excellent customer service where you felt the employee went above & beyond your expectations?   View Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in April 2009.

The hiring process was quick and easy, they asked many thoughtful question regarding my previous work history and experience. The hiring manager was friendly and upbeat, and cheerfully offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!