Applebee's Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First I received a phone call. That lasted 10 minutes. It was a basic fact check and why I wanted the job. Then I was lucky enough to have both people whom had to interview me available at one time. That was about half a hour. Basic questions included why did I want the job and what is the most important part of a successful restaurant.

Interview Questions

• What was my typical day like in a competitors restaurant?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Was contacted by email. Then set up for a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward. Then afterwards I was given a date for a 1 on 1 interview. 3 days later I went in and spoke with a director. That night he called and offered the position to me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a stressful situation that you failed at.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My initial salary. Go in with a number. Stay firm with it.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

Interview

3 different interviews. First one was over the phone, another one with the gm and the final one with the DM. Interview was pretty much standard. Long questions so you need to make sure you pay attention and answer the entire question. The interviewer is writing all your answers down bc they bring out 4 pages of questions with the GM and about 10 with the DM. The district manager said he would give a call next week but it was 2 days later. After that they while call you sign release forms for a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if a manager left your company for another one because of more money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a whole lot of negotiation. They ask what you are excepting and they go down from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's (Columbus, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

The Director and I had great conversation encumbrancin all facets of restaurant management. The interview was a lengthy two hours but end result was an offer telephone call. The interview seemed to follow a pattern, introductory resume breakdown, job description, situational occurrences and how to manage them, compensation negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

4 interveiws, followed by a q tip drug test by HR rep along with offer. They made me wait for each interveiw, it was like they wer testing my willingness to be there onger then agreed right from the get go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Olathe, KS) in October 2010.

Interview

I was a promote from within so I already had a relationship with the area director that made my interview process easier. I mentioned to him that I liked working for the company and wanted to do it long term. He said that he was thinking about that as well and set up an interview for me within 5 days.

Negotiation

I was asked how much I was expecting and I told him I researched what managers start off at in that area and I expected at least that much. He said that he would get with HR and see what he could get done. I was offered what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Orlando, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

The first thing you had to do was take an assesment test. This included math and personality test as well. Then if you passed that you had an interview with the VP of human resources. That interview was very very long 2 hours they ask a couple questions but mainly all about the company and they do not negoatiate salaries. Then you had a interview with the area director and an in store shadow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Dallas, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

It started at a job fair, went through 2 interviews there, then went through another interview at store with General Manager. Pretty tedious process, because then there were online assessment tests, and more phone communication before actually being offered a position.

Negotiation

no, they have set parameters and salaries for the positions.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Interview

Online application, assesment is online, panel reviews to be AGM or higher, 12 weeks training away from your home.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in February 2012.

Interview

It began with calls to corporate and went through that vetting process. I then went on to talk to the area manager one on one. They had "forgotten" to give me the written tests, and after taking them I was declined the offer because I did the test too fast. The area manager said that all the answers were right, but I had taken the test to fast, and that "raises flags" apparently. When I asked what that ment, she said didn't know exactly and that all gets handed down from corporate I guess they are looking for stupid people to fill their middle management positions,. It's kinda of hilarious because it was the last job that I would have wanted (the pay seemed pretty good though) If you are absolutely average in every way, Applebee's may be the place for you!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Applebee's   1 Answer
    • Written test, covers yearly cost analysis with multiple choice, pretty easy if you understand profit and loss. Questions like.... if X% of year one budget is "value" and X% of value is $12,498. Then calculate the projection of profits for the fourth quarter of next year   1 Answer