Applebee's

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2009.

Interview Details – It started at a job fair, went through 2 interviews there, then went through another interview at store with General Manager. Pretty tedious process, because then there were online assessment tests, and more phone communication before actually being offered a position.

Negotiation Details – no, they have set parameters and salaries for the positions.

Olathe, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was a promote from within so I already had a relationship with the area director that made my interview process easier. I mentioned to him that I liked working for the company and wanted to do it long term. He said that he was thinking about that as well and set up an interview for me within 5 days.

Negotiation Details – I was asked how much I was expecting and I told him I researched what managers start off at in that area and I expected at least that much. He said that he would get with HR and see what he could get done. I was offered what I asked for.

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2010.

Interview Details – The first thing you had to do was take an assesment test. This included math and personality test as well. Then if you passed that you had an interview with the VP of human resources. That interview was very very long 2 hours they ask a couple questions but mainly all about the company and they do not negoatiate salaries. Then you had a interview with the area director and an in store shadow.

Interviewed at Applebee's

Interview Details – Online application, assesment is online, panel reviews to be AGM or higher, 12 weeks training away from your home.

Interview Question – What was the worst about your last job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2012.

Interview Details – It began with calls to corporate and went through that vetting process. I then went on to talk to the area manager one on one. They had "forgotten" to give me the written tests, and after taking them I was declined the offer because I did the test too fast. The area manager said that all the answers were right, but I had taken the test to fast, and that "raises flags" apparently. When I asked what that ment, she said didn't know exactly and that all gets handed down from corporate

I guess they are looking for stupid people to fill their middle management positions,. It's kinda of hilarious because it was the last job that I would have wanted (the pay seemed pretty good though)

If you are absolutely average in every way, Applebee's may be the place for you!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Applebee's   View Answer
  • Written test, covers yearly cost analysis with multiple choice, pretty easy if you understand profit and loss. Questions like.... if X% of year one budget is "value" and X% of value is $12,498. Then calculate the projection of profits for the fourth quarter of next year   View Answer

Restaurant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applebee's in July 2009.

Interview Details – Sit down, talk with area director. pre-screened by company HR person.

Interview Question – What are you looking to take away from a position with (company names)?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applebee's

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applebee's Restaurant Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applebee's employees and interview candidates.