Applebee's

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in October 2014.

First I received a phone call. That lasted 10 minutes. It was a basic fact check and why I wanted the job. Then I was lucky enough to have both people whom had to interview me available at one time. That was about half a hour. Basic questions included why did I want the job and what is the most important part of a successful restaurant.

Interview Questions
  • What was my typical day like in a competitors restaurant?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Was contacted by email. Then set up for a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward. Then afterwards I was given a date for a 1 on 1 interview. 3 days later I went in and spoke with a director. That night he called and offered the position to me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a stressful situation that you failed at.   View Answer
    My initial salary. Go in with a number. Stay firm with it.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

3 different interviews. First one was over the phone, another one with the gm and the final one with the DM. Interview was pretty much standard. Long questions so you need to make sure you pay attention and answer the entire question. The interviewer is writing all your answers down bc they bring out 4 pages of questions with the GM and about 10 with the DM. The district manager said he would give a call next week but it was 2 days later. After that they while call you sign release forms for a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel if a manager left your company for another one because of more money?   Answer Question
    Not a whole lot of negotiation. They ask what you are excepting and they go down from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in October 2010.

I was a promote from within so I already had a relationship with the area director that made my interview process easier. I mentioned to him that I liked working for the company and wanted to do it long term. He said that he was thinking about that as well and set up an interview for me within 5 days.

I was asked how much I was expecting and I told him I researched what managers start off at in that area and I expected at least that much. He said that he would get with HR and see what he could get done. I was offered what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2010.

The first thing you had to do was take an assesment test. This included math and personality test as well. Then if you passed that you had an interview with the VP of human resources. That interview was very very long 2 hours they ask a couple questions but mainly all about the company and they do not negoatiate salaries. Then you had a interview with the area director and an in store shadow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in February 2009.

It started at a job fair, went through 2 interviews there, then went through another interview at store with General Manager. Pretty tedious process, because then there were online assessment tests, and more phone communication before actually being offered a position.

no, they have set parameters and salaries for the positions.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Online application, assesment is online, panel reviews to be AGM or higher, 12 weeks training away from your home.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's in February 2012.

It began with calls to corporate and went through that vetting process. I then went on to talk to the area manager one on one. They had "forgotten" to give me the written tests, and after taking them I was declined the offer because I did the test too fast. The area manager said that all the answers were right, but I had taken the test to fast, and that "raises flags" apparently. When I asked what that ment, she said didn't know exactly and that all gets handed down from corporate

I guess they are looking for stupid people to fill their middle management positions,. It's kinda of hilarious because it was the last job that I would have wanted (the pay seemed pretty good though)

If you are absolutely average in every way, Applebee's may be the place for you!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Applebee's   View Answer
    • Written test, covers yearly cost analysis with multiple choice, pretty easy if you understand profit and loss. Questions like.... if X% of year one budget is "value" and X% of value is $12,498. Then calculate the projection of profits for the fourth quarter of next year   View Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in July 2009.

Sit down, talk with area director. pre-screened by company HR person.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking to take away from a position with (company names)?   Answer Question