Applebee's

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.0

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Submitted an application online. About 2 weeks later I received a call at 8 pm to come in the next day for an interview. I show up and have an interview with one of the managers. It was an easy interview, basically asked me about myself, asked me if I had any pets. Then he sets up another interview for the next day with a different manager. I meet with the kitchen manager, same thing as the day before, really short and easy interview. She then tells me to come back two days later for a third interview with the general manager and warned me that I should be prepared to sell something from the menu during my interview and that it would be a little more formal and the questions would be harder.
For the third interview I show up early and I see the GM still interviewing another girl. As I'm waiting 3 more people show up for interviews scheduled after mine. At this point 40 minutes has passed and the GM is still talking to the same interviewee. Finally its my turn. He was impersonal and short with me to say the least especially compared to the other two managers I met previously. He asked me why I wanted to work at Applebee's, general questions about myself and then asked me to first sell him something from the menu and then pretend I was selling something to a friend. My interview lasted not more than 5 minutes and then he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

I couldn't see myself working under disorganized management like that. I found out after the interview that other people who were there for the same position only had to do 1 interview unlike my 3 interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

I filled out an Online application on the company website. Then, I was called in for an in person interview with the manager. They were Typical interview questions. I was Called back and offered job and to start their training process.

Interview Questions

Better offer from another company.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

2 interviews, they basically just want to kow your availability and previous work ecperience. Nothing fancy or complicated. After that you get hired and do some paperwork, followed by 4 days of training that incluses computer work, videos and stuff. And you follow someone. Then youll get your own section.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

I applied at the store, and I was interviewed on the spot. I was interviewed by two managers at that time and it went really well. After the interview I was hired on the spot and within two weeks i was in training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenmont, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenmont, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

Talked to the general manager at a table in the restaurant, asked about my personal information, where i am going to school and why i wanted to be a server at Applebee's. When he knew that I had worked as a server before he decided to hired me as a server instead of a host for other unexperienced applicants.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in April 2014.

Filled out application, got a call the following day to come in 2 days later. Got offered a position. Started 2 weeks later.

Server Interview

Great HR team! The whole experience was pleasant. I had my interview in the Manhattan location near times square. Very professional and not a job anyone off the street can land.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in March 2014.

This was my first interview so I was definitely nervous and even though I researched a lot before I went to the interview, I don't think I was prepared enough. I was asked about myself... what extracurriculars I did in high school, any volunteering experience, what I can bring to the company. They definitely wanted to know if I would be able to handle working there, and repeatedly told me you were more trying to sell products than just being a server (writing down an order and bringing it out to them). You would be trying to sell as much as you could and if you don't ask a table to try the drink special then they get a discount the next time they come in. He understood that I didn't have work experience and that you just have to start somewhere and it is very common to work in this type of business through college. I wasn't asked any crazy questions like - "Sell this dessert to me" which is a question I saw was asked and was worried about. Just go into the interview confident in yourself and prepare what you want to say to sell yourself. I didn't get an offer because I don't think I sold myself as highly as I could of and they did have other interviews for only one position. I thought it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about yourself and what you can bring to the company. (Common question but make sure you have a strong answer)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in February 2014.

Well I applied on February 24th (my 18th birthday) at midnight, and the next day I got a call about an interview from the general manager, and we set it up for 2 weeks on saturday at 11 am, the following day around 1.45 pm, I got a call from another manager asking if I was 18, and if so, would I be willing to come in for an interview that day, of coarse I said yes. So I went in about 10 minutes early and the Servers assistant sat me in a booth in the back corner and a lower manager came out and asked me if I knew a person from my current work, then we talked about him for a minute, then we got right into the questions. The questions were kind of weird, but the more I think about them, the more they apply to the position I applied for. They asked me about 7 questions about customer service and 3 easier personal questions first. Then the man thanked me and set up an interview for the next day (today, February 27th) at 2 pm. So I will provide more info after I do the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Recall one time you went out to eat and you had good service, explain why it was good.   View Answer

Server Interview

Went to initial interest meeting, got interview number one then was scheduled a second interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a stressful situation at a previous job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question