Applebee's

Average Difficulty
51 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greenacres, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was the easiest! Managers are very laid back. They make you feel very comfortable from the first minute by joking all the time. The hardest part was personality test. If you dont 'strongly agree' to the questions, there is a possibility that they wont even see your application

Interview Question – If i was eager to die to my hair   Answer Question

Thomasville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview Details – I applied at the store, and I was interviewed on the spot. I was interviewed by two managers at that time and it went really well. After the interview I was hired on the spot and within two weeks i was in training.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2013.

Interview Details – The management will make promises like "you will make a lot of money" but you are not given good shifts/sections until after 6 months of employment. When you are hired the training process is agonizing, if you can make it through it and the initial few months of little pay then you will have a steady income.

Interview Question – If you were a Disney character which one would you be   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Server

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out application, got a call the following day to come in 2 days later. Got offered a position. Started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Describe yourself with one word   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Applebee's in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was my first interview so I was definitely nervous and even though I researched a lot before I went to the interview, I don't think I was prepared enough. I was asked about myself... what extracurriculars I did in high school, any volunteering experience, what I can bring to the company. They definitely wanted to know if I would be able to handle working there, and repeatedly told me you were more trying to sell products than just being a server (writing down an order and bringing it out to them). You would be trying to sell as much as you could and if you don't ask a table to try the drink special then they get a discount the next time they come in. He understood that I didn't have work experience and that you just have to start somewhere and it is very common to work in this type of business through college. I wasn't asked any crazy questions like - "Sell this dessert to me" which is a question I saw was asked and was worried about. Just go into the interview confident in yourself and prepare what you want to say to sell yourself. I didn't get an offer because I don't think I sold myself as highly as I could of and they did have other interviews for only one position. I thought it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself and what you can bring to the company. (Common question but make sure you have a strong answer)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Applebee's

Interview Details – Great HR team! The whole experience was pleasant. I had my interview in the Manhattan location near times square. Very professional and not a job anyone off the street can land.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you ?   Answer Question

Bedford, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was an open interview, and I went it with my mom and sister. We all had interviews, and I was a hired a couple weeks later. It was a decent interview.

Interview Question – He expected me to be able to list different kinds of liquor and beer even though I wasn't 21 yet and had never been a server or bartender.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called and told me I was hired, and to come in for orientation. Obviously I accepted, not knowing it would be the worst job I would ever have.

Burton, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Well I applied on February 24th (my 18th birthday) at midnight, and the next day I got a call about an interview from the general manager, and we set it up for 2 weeks on saturday at 11 am, the following day around 1.45 pm, I got a call from another manager asking if I was 18, and if so, would I be willing to come in for an interview that day, of coarse I said yes. So I went in about 10 minutes early and the Servers assistant sat me in a booth in the back corner and a lower manager came out and asked me if I knew a person from my current work, then we talked about him for a minute, then we got right into the questions. The questions were kind of weird, but the more I think about them, the more they apply to the position I applied for. They asked me about 7 questions about customer service and 3 easier personal questions first. Then the man thanked me and set up an interview for the next day (today, February 27th) at 2 pm. So I will provide more info after I do the interview!

Interview Question – Recall one time you went out to eat and you had good service, explain why it was good.   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applebee's in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had a positive experience. A one-on-one interview with the manager of the restaurant, followed by a tour of the floor and kitchen. Met a large amount of the servers who were scheduled for the night.

Interview Question – Scenario questions of how you would handle a situation with a difficult customer. These were hard for me because I had not serving experience.   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Applebee's in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a two-part process. First, I met with a server manager who asked me questions about my schedule, what motivated me to apply at Applebee's and questions about my employment history. The questions seemed extremely easy to answer. I was told that there were a few more interviews for the day, and they would call back once they finished interviewing all applicants and determining the best fit. They called me back informing me they were interested in having a follow-up interview in which I met with the Store General Manager. This interview included more questions about my history, what interests me outside of work, and how do I feel about the company.

Interview Question – What do you feel makes you a good fit for our work environment   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applebee's

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applebee's Server interview questions and advice. All 51 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applebee's employees and interview candidates.