Applebee's Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Server Interview

Interview

Interview with two different managers. Managers were very friendly and it was relaxing.Be prepared with customer service type questions/answers. You have to be willing to get your food handlers and liquor license too.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Server Interview

Interview

submit app online. add resume for higher chance of calling. they will call you and you go in for in person interview with manager. if you get the job they will call you again

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (McDonough, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

first interview was with two manager who asked basic questions, and were decently nice. as they reviewed my resume they concluded that i may be "over qualified" to be a server even though i had previous experience. so they told me to come back for a second interview with another manager who didn't even look at my resume and only care about my availability. the workers they are extremely unpleasant and i see why they didn't want me working there.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset for waiting for their turn   1 Answer

over qualified

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Alexandria, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I placed an interview and got a call from the GM. I went in that day to interview at 430pm. He said he would get with his other manager and call me back. The next day the other manager called me and asked if i'd like to come in for a 1st interview. I said I already did one. So he said ok come for 2nd interview. I had some specific scheduling needs, so when I told him what days I had to be off he sat for a couple of minutes real quiet and then said ok come start training tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online for server, I called like everyday and got a call back in a month. You have to be persistent or you'll never get hired. Went in for an interview that week. The guy was boring, smiled once. Good thing im pretty bubbly. I was cool with it. Got a call back one week later for interview with store manager, he was informative. They will call previous employer. Got hired for hostess and will eventually be server. 15 mins top for both. No biggy.

Interview Questions

• Why applebees? Tell me about yourself? Availability? Previous work experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's (El Paso, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty relaxed and easy going. Management just came out and talked to me about his car. I guess it was to see if I could continue a conversation with a total stranger. Overall it was a pretty easy and good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Winter Haven, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They were easy to talk to seems like a great place to work i can't wait to start they called me quick 1st interview went great 2nd i want sure but they accepted i love serving making great tips woohoo i can't wait woo hooooooooo

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I applied online. It was a very easy process which I appreciated because this was my first job. Questions were fairly easy. I was very worried going into this interview but the interviewer was very nice. This was probably one of the most comfortable interviews I've been to. Good much if you have an interview coming up!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customers order being incorrect?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I got a call 2 days later for an interview. The floor manager interviews me just asks questions about and how I was in my previous employment. After she asked me to come back to be interviewed by the bar manager. The bar manager liked me as well and asked me to come back for the on the job interview I believe is called to see how I work and for them to make a decision at the end of the day I was interviewed one last time by the general manager and got hired on the spot.

Server Interview

Interview

Very straight forward, asked questions about restaurant experience and customer service skils. Can I multi task? Work under pressure? What would I do if a customer had a problem? What hours can I work? Very simple basic interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer didn't like their food?   1 Answer