Applebee's Server Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

1.9

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Applebee's.

2 interviews, they basically just want to kow your availability and previous work ecperience. Nothing fancy or complicated. After that you get hired and do some paperwork, followed by 4 days of training that incluses computer work, videos and stuff. And you follow someone. Then youll get your own section.

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thomasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applebee's.

I applied at the store, and I was interviewed on the spot. I was interviewed by two managers at that time and it went really well. After the interview I was hired on the spot and within two weeks i was in training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glenmont, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenmont, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Applebee's in May 2014.

Talked to the general manager at a table in the restaurant, asked about my personal information, where i am going to school and why i wanted to be a server at Applebee's. When he knew that I had worked as a server before he decided to hired me as a server instead of a host for other unexperienced applicants.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Applebee's in April 2014.

Filled out application, got a call the following day to come in 2 days later. Got offered a position. Started 2 weeks later.

Server Interview

Great HR team! The whole experience was pleasant. I had my interview in the Manhattan location near times square. Very professional and not a job anyone off the street can land.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Applebee's in March 2014.

This was my first interview so I was definitely nervous and even though I researched a lot before I went to the interview, I don't think I was prepared enough. I was asked about myself... what extracurriculars I did in high school, any volunteering experience, what I can bring to the company. They definitely wanted to know if I would be able to handle working there, and repeatedly told me you were more trying to sell products than just being a server (writing down an order and bringing it out to them). You would be trying to sell as much as you could and if you don't ask a table to try the drink special then they get a discount the next time they come in. He understood that I didn't have work experience and that you just have to start somewhere and it is very common to work in this type of business through college. I wasn't asked any crazy questions like - "Sell this dessert to me" which is a question I saw was asked and was worried about. Just go into the interview confident in yourself and prepare what you want to say to sell yourself. I didn't get an offer because I don't think I sold myself as highly as I could of and they did have other interviews for only one position. I thought it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about yourself and what you can bring to the company. (Common question but make sure you have a strong answer)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Applebee's in February 2014.

Well I applied on February 24th (my 18th birthday) at midnight, and the next day I got a call about an interview from the general manager, and we set it up for 2 weeks on saturday at 11 am, the following day around 1.45 pm, I got a call from another manager asking if I was 18, and if so, would I be willing to come in for an interview that day, of coarse I said yes. So I went in about 10 minutes early and the Servers assistant sat me in a booth in the back corner and a lower manager came out and asked me if I knew a person from my current work, then we talked about him for a minute, then we got right into the questions. The questions were kind of weird, but the more I think about them, the more they apply to the position I applied for. They asked me about 7 questions about customer service and 3 easier personal questions first. Then the man thanked me and set up an interview for the next day (today, February 27th) at 2 pm. So I will provide more info after I do the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Recall one time you went out to eat and you had good service, explain why it was good.   View Answer

Server Interview

Went to initial interest meeting, got interview number one then was scheduled a second interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a stressful situation at a previous job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Havertown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havertown, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Applebee's.

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. I had a one-on-one interview with the manager which was pretty informal. He sat down and said "talk to me." If this was my first interview, I might not have known what to say. But just explain why you are interested in working there, smile, and be confident. I was not asked any hard questions, just mainly about my background and availability. I was hired on the spot and told my orientation will be in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my favorite item on the menu is.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Applebee's.

Applied online. Got a call for an interview at the restaurant. Sat down with the GM and the kitchen manager. Asked about my backround and what i like to do. They had me fill out a big packet of questions about my personality. After a lot of questioning they told me i would start training the next week.

Interview Questions
    • They pulled out at box with question cards and starting firing random questions at me randomly that had nothing to do with the job.   View Answer
    same base rate as a all other servers. plus tips.

Worked for Applebee's? Contribute to the Community!