Applebee's

2.0

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havertown, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havertown, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. I had a one-on-one interview with the manager which was pretty informal. He sat down and said "talk to me." If this was my first interview, I might not have known what to say. But just explain why you are interested in working there, smile, and be confident. I was not asked any hard questions, just mainly about my background and availability. I was hired on the spot and told my orientation will be in a few days.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked what my favorite item on the menu is.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Applied online. Got a call for an interview at the restaurant. Sat down with the GM and the kitchen manager. Asked about my backround and what i like to do. They had me fill out a big packet of questions about my personality. After a lot of questioning they told me i would start training the next week.

Interview Questions
    • They pulled out at box with question cards and starting firing random questions at me randomly that had nothing to do with the job.   View Answer
    same base rate as a all other servers. plus tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Online application. Two separate interviews with managers. Know about an item from the menu. Know why you want to work there and what you can contribute.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which customers are complaining about waiting to be seated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2013.

The management will make promises like "you will make a lot of money" but you are not given good shifts/sections until after 6 months of employment. When you are hired the training process is agonizing, if you can make it through it and the initial few months of little pay then you will have a steady income.

No negotiation

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

There was an add online that said they were hiring, and to come in. I came that same day had filled out an application, and had my first interview. I had a second interview with the general manger the next day.I just made sure to smile, and be myself.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you'd make a good server.. Which wasn't a difficult question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shirley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shirley, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's in May 2013.

Went in to the store to complete a store application. When I completed the application I requested to hand it to a manager. When I handed the manager the application he began to interview me on the SPOT. I was unprepared but I answered the questions efficiently . He then sat me down in a isolated area and I had to complete a personality sheet. He told me to come back tomorrow for a interview. Went in tomorrow for a interview and was told I passed. Came in the next day and was interviewed with the general manager. Offered position on the spot. Came in for orientation 2 days later and completed paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite meal at applebees and how would you describe it to a guest?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Flat rate was $5.00 a hour and tips. Had to tip out 2% at the end of each shift. 1% to the bar, and 1% to the hostess.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asbury Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asbury Park, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in March 2013.

I was hired on the spot. I just wore something casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenacres, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenacres, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in February 2013.

Interview was the easiest! Managers are very laid back. They make you feel very comfortable from the first minute by joking all the time. The hardest part was personality test. If you dont 'strongly agree' to the questions, there is a possibility that they wont even see your application

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Margate, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Margate, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applebee's in November 2012.

Very professional and informational

To make sure to give your 100% and always be friendly with guests

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonie, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonie, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applebee's in September 2012.

Three interviews. Basic questions of why they should hire you. Be ready to be able to sell/describe one of the menu items in the interview.