Applebee's Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applebee's (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with General Manager and was asked several questions about my availability and personality questions. Then the Assistant Manager met with me separately and asked me questions about my experience working as a server and in what types of restaurants.

Interview Questions

• Manager wanted to know my level of energy and temperament when dealing with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Applebee's

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Applied online got called the next day, had to go through 2 interviews. After the first interview they told me I don't see why you wouldn't get hired, but policy says I need to do a second one.

Interview Questions

Ended up taking other job offer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Applebee's (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I went into the restruant and turned in my application. Someone then called me on the phone and we talked for about 30 minutes. The asked me about my background and how I dealt with stressful situations. How long I had been in the industry and why I was looking to leave my current job. I enjoyed the talk and am sad I didn't move forward. I guess I didn't have the background they were looking for. It was definitely not as bad as I was expecting. The reviews on here make it sound like it's an awful place to work. Maybe I dodged a bullit

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I was pretty much hired with a very simple interview. Just wanted to know experience, availability & why I wanted to work there. There were a few questions about how to act in troublesome situations. Management was very friendly at interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone walked out without paying?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold River, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's (Gold River, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

This was a little while ago, so my memory isn't great. I know I sat out front for a while waiting for a manager to come out, but everyone was really friendly, so I didn't mind. I came in for two interviews, one with an assistant manager and one with a general manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Submitted an application online. About 2 weeks later I received a call at 8 pm to come in the next day for an interview. I show up and have an interview with one of the managers. It was an easy interview, basically asked me about myself, asked me if I had any pets. Then he sets up another interview for the next day with a different manager. I meet with the kitchen manager, same thing as the day before, really short and easy interview. She then tells me to come back two days later for a third interview with the general manager and warned me that I should be prepared to sell something from the menu during my interview and that it would be a little more formal and the questions would be harder. For the third interview I show up early and I see the GM still interviewing another girl. As I'm waiting 3 more people show up for interviews scheduled after mine. At this point 40 minutes has passed and the GM is still talking to the same interviewee. Finally its my turn. He was impersonal and short with me to say the least especially compared to the other two managers I met previously. He asked me why I wanted to work at Applebee's, general questions about myself and then asked me to first sell him something from the menu and then pretend I was selling something to a friend. My interview lasted not more than 5 minutes and then he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

I couldn't see myself working under disorganized management like that. I found out after the interview that other people who were there for the same position only had to do 1 interview unlike my 3 interviews.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I filled out an Online application on the company website. Then, I was called in for an in person interview with the manager. They were Typical interview questions. I was Called back and offered job and to start their training process.

Interview Questions

Better offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applebee's (Snellville, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were hiring and was given a card with a hiring code and a website with which to apply, and was called in for an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What customer service meant to me, whether or not I had serving experience.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

2 interviews, they basically just want to kow your availability and previous work ecperience. Nothing fancy or complicated. After that you get hired and do some paperwork, followed by 4 days of training that incluses computer work, videos and stuff. And you follow someone. Then youll get your own section.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applebee's in August 2014.

Interview

Initially if you were interested in working at Applebee's you either called and were told by management to complete an application online at AppleAmerican.com and you were also told to come on by the location and drop off a resume. I was contacted by the Assistant General Manager for an interview after about a week. Upon getting by the first round of interviews, I was set up with an interview with the General Manager about a week later. The atmosphere seemed pleasant and they had you interview during non-peak hours so it was quiet throughout the restaurant. Both interviews didn't last longer than ten minutes and I was told by management that I'd be contacted within the next upcoming week.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over someone else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase involved asking how often you were able to work and if you were able to work morning shifts, night shifts, holidays etc. It also involved setting up training days within the next coming week or so. There was no negotiation over desired wage or salary.