Applico Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.6

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I went into the office and met with the marketing manager in the conference room. Very laid-back interview. He asked a lot about everything on my resume and I had to explain in-depth. Overall, very friendly interview process, nothing too intimidating or any really difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Run me through your experiences. Q: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflicts while working in a team. Q: What is a platform?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Interview

I applied through campus job postings. Someone from the company reached out to me through email to set up an interview date. The actual interview was very informal. The interviewer mostly walked me through what I would be doing and then did a resume walk through with me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is an unpaid internship and they require you to work for 16 hours, which can be pretty demanding if you're a student.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews: First HR : discussed profile and some basic behavioral questions. Second Technical : past project experiences, especially on Android, then what is hashing, details of hashcode and hashtable. Third Technical with CTO : past project experiences. The tech interviewers were great, as they made it fee like a conversation. Being a startup the work going in Applico seemed interesting however, the compensation was inadequate to sustain in New York

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected and was more discussion then interview   Answer Question

The intern salary was very less, infact they were just offering a stipend for the entire internship

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applico (New York, NY).

Interview

I was initially informed about the company by a recruiter. He submitted my resume to Applico and after a week or two they came back and wanted to do a quick phone interview. I did a phone interview with the Android lead. It was pretty straight forward. I went over what Android apps I had worked on and my professional experience. Their HR then sent me a link to a technical assignment to complete within one week. I completed it in 6 days and was pretty thorough about implementing it and testing it. They got back to me the next day and said they wanted to do in-person interviews. They scheduled them for a weekday for about 4 hours straight and gave me an itinerary with who I would be meeting and when. I arrived at the start and they changed the order of who I was meeting, which was fine with me. Everyone I met with seemed like good, smart people to work with or for. I had some technical questions but it seemed more like they were trying to get to know me rather than trying to trip me up with a bunch of detailed technical questions. Plus I had completed a technical test, so I must have done well enough on that to have the in-person interviews. I did get the sense that they were a little disorganized but I chalked that up to being a young company and still getting their bearings, so it didn't bother me. My last interview for the day was supposed to be the CEO but they said he was in a meeting and had to cancel and that they would reschedule next week. I got a call from my recruiter the following week and he said they thought I would be a good fit culturally but that I didn't have enough experience. They could have saved themselves a lot of trouble if they read my resume before me coming, but I did appreciate the time.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult ones, but the one that caught me off guard was: How would your friends describe you using one word (coworkers, family, yourself, etc).   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Applico.

Interview

Applied online and received an email in 2 days asking me to send over my resume (even though I already attached it in the application). Got a phone interview. During the interview, the recruiter didn't bother to first introduce the company, but instead jumped immediately to ask me to describe my experience. I talked and she then said they are looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience related to the field. I said I have very limited exposure to the field and she said she would look at my resume and pass it to some other folks in the company and get back to me. The entire interview lasted 3 minutes. Obviously, she did not read my resume before deciding to interview me. And, if someone already has 3-5 years of experience, they would not be looking for an internship but instead a managerial position.

Interview Questions

• Ask me to talk about my experience immediately without introducing the company   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applico (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The process was very fast. I had two phone interviews, one with HR and another with a visual designer. They invited me in to see their office, meet with HR to answer some behavioral questions, speak with designers on the team, and meet their CTO. They followed up with an invitation to meet with their CEO and COO the next week.

Business Development Intern Interview

Interview

The first interview conducted is a phone interview. It will take about 20 minutes with some fairly straight forward questions just to get to know you. If successful, you will be contacted for a second, in-office interview. From there, you will either get an offer or a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Do you see any opportunities for mobile development in specific industries or companies?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Interview

My first contact with Applico was a scheduled phone interview -- which they never called. After finally getting a random call from their hiring manager, I was invited for an interview days later. The interview itself lasted nearly 3 hours and met with 3 different points of contact within the company. The people were friendly, and it seemed promising. For a content job, I was asked to craft some writing samples, pretty standard for these types of positions. After the interview and my sending writing samples, I never heard back from Applico, though I did find my writing sample on one of their blog posts. After emailing twice, they finally took the post down, though never apologized for using my writing without consent. The hiring manager never even responded to my messages. BEWARE of this company and their unethical culture.

Team Member Interview

Interview

The interview process was your typical one. You do a phone screen first with HR just to make sure that your qualifications are correct. Pretty much just restating what is on your resume. If you make it through to the next phase, then you will meet with your future direct manager and perhaps someone from their team. Finally, you meet with the CEO, director of HR, and your boss for the last round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was able to negotiate a little. they don't budge on the 2 week vacation time.

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applico.

Interview

Phone interview first with HR, it was more of an informational interview for me, she was very breezy and just wanted to tell me what the company was about. 1 week later I interviewed with the people in from the Department. Very laid back and nice environment. A couple of strong questions but not technical, mostly about myself and how I could contribute to their company. They replied to my thank you note and follow up but kept on saying there problems with HR. They never told me I hadn't been chosen.