Applied Biosystems Interview Questions

2.7

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applied Biosystems in January 2009.

Phone interview first with management and HR. Then dinner with HR and Management for formal interview (good dinner and bottle of wine!), Questions were technical, experience base, critical thinking, and customer service oriented questions. A backgroud check and a drug test to follow. From first communication to first day on job was about 3-4 weeks. On boarding experience in the first month was weak. Felt like I was just floating around but then I settled in to it quit quickly.

Interview Questions
    • When was time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    Some room for negotiation. Start high...you can always go down but very difficult to go back up.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applied Biosystems in July 2008.

First, I am interview for a scientist position. I have my degree in Ph.D. and 2 years post graduate experience. I posted my resume through company website. Received call from the HR. Pass the phone interview by the hiring manager. The onsite interview include 6 to 8 one on one interview, one group lunch interview and one presentation. It was beneficial to be a local candidate since the company do not need to pay for the travel. I enjoyed my interview process. People treated me nice.

Interview Questions
    The grade and the salary.

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applied Biosystems in July 2008.

I started as a temp, was offered a FT position, worked very hard and was promoted to the listed position.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, just happily accepted the offer.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applied Biosystems in March 2008.

In general it was a positive experience with good feedback. The interview included a presentation of postdoctoral work followed by 1:1 interviews with various members of the group. Lunch with the group gave me a good idea of group dynamics.

Interview Questions
    Not as much as I wanted.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applied Biosystems in March 2008.

One on one interviews. I was asked to give a 30 minute presentation at the end of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    There is room to negotiate some.

Sales Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Applied Biosystems in February 2010.

Got a phone interview after applied on-line. Started with phone interview. It was relatively relaxed. Then on-site interviews with team leader and HR. Process seams a little slow but the person scheduling the interviews was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect from our company that you have not gotten elsewhere?   View Answer

Small Molecule MS Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applied Biosystems in December 2008.

My experience with ABI was quite dissappointing. I was applying for a appliccations chemist position dealing with MS on small molecules (environmental, pharma, etc...). They found very interesting my profile and after some weeks they paid me a plane to go to Madrid to do the interview. When I was there they thought my profile was better for sales and offered me a position on Genomics Sales which is not my background.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ready for a Genomics Sales position instead of Small Molecule MS application chemist?   Answer Question