Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland)

www.applied.com
  www.applied.com

Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.6

Customer Service Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland).

I was first contacted by an HR Rep from HQ in Cleveland. The position itself was located in Indianapolis. The interviewer came off very rude and curt about my previous experience. He snickered when he asked about a recent layoff and asked me what happened there. I've been through many interviews and was left with a negative impression.

I was asked for an onsite interview and despite our difficult schedules, we were able to have one. The interview was basic previous experience questions until the second interviewer joined. During this portion he asked me several unprofessional questions including asking me if I was married (I am a young female) which made me very uncomfortable. Not only does that open them to potential lawsuits its just not necessary to ask a female applicant if she is married. He then asked me if I "moved up here all by myself" which I found condescending and odd. I don't know if this was their way of trying to see if I was a single mom with children or what exactly the end game was. Through out the line of questioning I was basically forced to divulge a lot more information about my private life than I feel an interviewer should know. If an offer was made to me, I would decline.

Bottom line, if any of your employees are interviewing potential applicants I STRONGLY suggest giving them additional HR training or having a rep present.

SAP SD Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) in October 2014.

Interview process fairly simple. First very inform 30 min phone screen with HR then scheduled for 2nd phone interview with 2 people. Interview more about experience and resume and given details about the company. Not technical interview at all.

Management Associate/Sales Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) in May 2013.

They fly you up to Cleveland, put you up in a nice hotel and if you have a pulse you will get the job. Extremely easy interview process with 3-4 different people who really just want to know who you are as a person.

Interview Questions
    • They were all straight forward, are you a good person type questions.   Answer Question
    They don't pay cost of living, you get essentially the same salary if you live in the boondocks of Mississippi or downtown LA. So make sure you bargain a good deal. They will budge, ask for more than you're expecting because the bonuses they promise each month are 1/5th of what they say they will be.

COMET Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) in May 2013.

First phone interview with corporate recruiter; then in-person interview with branch manger, service center manager, and regional manager. Phone interview was typical, interview with regional manager was tough, asked questions about who was a historical leader I looked up to me, also what books I have been reading, and questions about gross margins. He made it seem like his interview was about how I won't waste his money. Branch manager interview was great, went out for lunch and had a pretty informal interview. Wasn't able to meet up with service center manager due to issues.

Trade Credit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) in April 2013.

I had an over the phone interview with HR and basically just discussed my resume. Very laid-back.

Credit & Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) in October 2012.

Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your weakness
      Which course do you like least?

View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) in April 2012.

Caveat Emptor !!!! You will be lied to. They will tell you this is a base plus job. LIE.. It is a draw position. The field managers are under so much pressure to fill positions they LIE. 6- months down the road you get the truth...

none... LIE's... buyer beware...

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) in February 2011.

Numerous interviews. Branch manager regional manager

Rubber Shop Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applied Industrial Technologies (Cleveland) in November 2009.

INterview process appeared to be a little slow. Employees appeared to have a god understanding of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do can you bring to this company?   View Answer