Applied Materials Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

Internal relocation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Materials

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

Rushed me to on-site interview, gave only a few days notice.
    Lots of logic questions.
    Had to do a presentation.
    Very nice people.
    Contacted by HR a week or so later to move to the next step of the hiring process, asked for consent to background checks, etc.
    Waited a very very long time (more than a month) for the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Applied Materials (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone intervew + Face-to-face interview, 1-2 weeks for decision. The process is not universal, depends on the department doing the hiring. In general interview is with as many members (your likely future colleagues) that the hiring manager can round up. In general no less than two person interviewing you. HR may not necessarily be involved in interviewing - again it depends on the department performing the hiring. The hiring manager or one or few of your future colleagues may take you for lunch. Interviewing style changes with the person who is interviewing you.

Negotiation

There is no one standard answer, each department is different.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applied Materials in May 2014.

Interview

day 1 - before you will get the interview, you will need to pass a half day of group dynamic. It is just some group missions and they want to see how you work in a group and what you have to say.
    day 2 - Then you will move on to an interview with the hiring manager. few talks about your self and they will explain you about the company and the job. After that you will be asked for some logical question... nothing to difficult.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rehovot (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Applied Materials (Rehovot (Israel)) in August 2013.

Interview

the first interview was a group activity where we had to build lego stuff.. then make a lecture about a technical issue to our choice.. second and third interviews were 1 on 1 with the group leader and the department manager where i had to answer technical questions

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Applied Materials (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in May 2011.

Interview

Behavioral Interview Questions:

What was the last project you headed up, and what was its outcome?
    Give me an example of a time that you felt you went above and beyond the call of duty at work.
    Can you describe a time when your work was criticized?
    Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?
    Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?
    What is your greatest failure, and what did you learn from it?

Interview Questions

• How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?   1 Answer