Applied Materials Interview Questions in Austin, TX

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2014.

I applied on my university career portal and started to get e-mails. Then they set up the interview date after graduation. They flew us in and provided hotel accommodations and reimbursed us for food and taxi fares. They were hiring 4/8 candidates and interviewed us twice each, one by one. Still waiting to hear back from them, since it has not yet been two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers seemed to be asking the same questions over and over, just in different words.   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in July 2011.

4 person panel interviewed separately. They made the offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever faced conflict with your team members while working on a project? And how did you got over it?   Answer Question

Production Control Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2012.

I know that the hiring process for full time employment is very detailed and usually a panel of managers and peers. As a contractor and a former employer, I did not have any interview with the company because they knew who I was and had my job history. Contractors are hired on via Adecco, whom I highly respect.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2013.

First Round - Phone Interview. Standard questions regarding resume and experiences. Special interest in ability to work with large data sets as well as visibility to csuite and vendor partners.

Secound Round - In person group interview. The firm DID NOT provide for travel expenses. The interview time was changed on the prior day. The expectation was a series of individual interviews. Instead it was a group interview including adjoining resources Finance etc. At the end of the second round I was asked to prepare a presentation at an appropriate management level for future presentation via Skype.

Following delivery via email of the presentation I have had no response from the firm.
    The presentation was never given via Skype etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very difficult to provide answers which addressed all cross functional business groups.
      Reconsider the need to provide a future presentation, rather than perhaps using a timed exercise to "complete" the process in an extended session.
        Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2012.

Applied through college job portal and was then invited for on-site interview which was done by a panel of 4 people and lasted about 1 hour. Interview was mainly based on past experience and job requirements.

Got a letter of acceptance a week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Offer was low but accepted.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2012.

It took forever to get through the HR process but the interview went great. However the salary was 1/4 what I was making at my last job.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job and how do you feel about leaving?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that you have the experience to perform the job?   Answer Question

pay vs. experience

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applied Materials in February 2012.

The hiring manager left a voice message and asked to schedule a 1 hour phone interview. When I called to confirmed, I agreed to make it a face to face on a day when he was in town. One week later, I had the interview. It lasted one hour and we talked in the employee common room. It was large, so there was a sense of privacy. I did not see the work environment or offices. The other employees were dressed business casual. This position was to fill in for an employee who had been promoted or transferred to another department.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with consolidating major systems into one.   Answer Question

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!