Applied Materials Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Jul 31, 2015

Final Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was typical Set in the room with a few of the Corporate lackeys asked basic interview questions. Had some competency testing made sure that we were completely aware of how paperwork intensive the job was I was made aware of Intensive training required to actually become a part of the team. Ask basic trick questions to see if you were lying during your application. It's still a good ole boys system and if you know somebody you're most likely to get hired.

Interview Questions

• If your part comes in with the scratch on it during your inspection and fails inspection what are your required guidelines you must follow.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

It took forever to get through the HR process but the interview went great. However the salary was 1/4 what I was making at my last job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job and how do you feel about leaving?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that you have the experience to perform the job?   Answer Question

pay vs. experience

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through college job portal and was then invited for on-site interview which was done by a panel of 4 people and lasted about 1 hour. Interview was mainly based on past experience and job requirements. Got a letter of acceptance a week later.

Interview Questions

• questions on database languages?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was low but accepted.

Production Control Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I know that the hiring process for full time employment is very detailed and usually a panel of managers and peers. As a contractor and a former employer, I did not have any interview with the company because they knew who I was and had my job history. Contractors are hired on via Adecco, whom I highly respect.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

4 person panel interviewed separately. They made the offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever faced conflict with your team members while working on a project? And how did you got over it?   Answer Question