Applied Materials

131 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CE Interview

CE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applied Materials in August 2013.

Interview Details – They asked a lot of tech questions, and personal questions. They really wanted to get to know me they wanted to figure out what group I would fit in best with. I three hours talking with ten different people. Some was group some was one on one.

Interview Question – Pay   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Process Engineer III Interview

Process Engineer III

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in June 2014.

Interview Details – Director of the group called me and asked technical questions based on my resume.
I got another call after a week and wanted me for an on-site interview within 3-4 days.
Staffs were courteous. The asked very general questions.
Explain in brief your PhD research.
Did you ever have any difficulty and if any, how you solved.
There was no technical questions except how AFM and SEM works.

Two weeks later got an email requiring to send background consent form and two weeks later I got the offer.

Negotiation Details – I had a window to negotiate when the HR said that negotiating will delay the current offer. I did not try anymore as I am bad at that.

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

Interviewed at Applied Materials

Interview Details – There were 5 interviews and people were friendly. Didn't get the initial position but was then recruited for an alternate position. Overall interview process and questions were average. Recruiters called back quickly

Interview Question – Why should we hire you in one sentence   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – Applied online, hiring manager called me a week later. Had a casual interview with a potential peer at a coffee shop. Then brought in for a formal interview. Met with several account managers one at a time and finally the hiring manager. I was told to expect a phone call from HR the following week. Up until that point, I did not have any contact with HR at all.

Interview Question – Nothing too technical. Asked mostly about my previous experience in the industry; how I've dealt with customers in the difficult situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered the salary I requested. In addition, they gave a 6% signing bonus.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – Interviewed one afternoon had job offer by 9am next morning. Contrary to this I was interviewing for another position with AMAT for over 3 months and they could not make a decision.

Interview Question – How would I be able to make a difference?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As we walked towards the lobby I was asked what I would be looking for.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through linkedin and got a call from the Sr.engineer about 5 months later. I ask him what the position is about and he actually laughed at me for not remembering 10 lines of job description. Nevertheless, I went for an interview next day. It lasted about 30 minutes. 4 guys casually asking general questions, with one guy walking in even more casually in between the interview and asking a technical question, for which I gave the correct answer.He gives me a sarcastic smile and walks out.
The questions were mostly "can you do lab work ? "have you handled some particular xx tool earlier " etc which were not even mentioned remotely in the job description. Basically, I think they copy pasted a template of job description for some other job and posted it. The lazy attitude of the people was quite evident in the interview. For technical questions, I answered some questions correctly and did not remember some answers and told them the same since I had very little time to prepare for it. I don't understand the concept of expecting people to know about the exact tools they use and have worked on the exact software they have. I told them I had experience working on similar tools and that i can learn quickly and they had a "whatever" expression. A disaster of an interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 4 years from now ?   View Answer

Buyer I Interview

Buyer I
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on my university career portal and started to get e-mails. Then they set up the interview date after graduation. They flew us in and provided hotel accommodations and reimbursed us for food and taxi fares. They were hiring 4/8 candidates and interviewed us twice each, one by one. Still waiting to hear back from them, since it has not yet been two weeks.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers seemed to be asking the same questions over and over, just in different words.   View Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Applied Materials in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long but good. It took several months and several people interviewed with to get an offer. It was a very long process but the process was effective and the people interviewed with were the ones that would be the right ones involved in a hiring decision.

Interview Question – cannot recall the questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Buyer I Interview

Buyer I

Interviewed at Applied Materials

Interview Details – The interviewer were very nice, but they were a little bit late for interview. The good thing was that they tried their best to make candidates to be comfortable with the interview. The only thing that was not nice of them was it took so long time to process, have not received the offer yet.

Interview Question – it was an easy interview, no worry   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer II Interview

Product Support Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – 2 interviews covering previous work experience during internships, senior year projects, why you're interested in this particular role, hands-on experience working on tools.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do this job when you have a Master's degree?   Answer Question

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!