Applied Materials

112 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Analyst Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and immediately spoke to recruiter over the phone. In person interviews were across 2 days. Interviewed with potential peers, manager, as well as one level further up the chain (VP). Interview styles were rather informal (no IQ tests or tricks), more focused on experience and what I could bring to the table. Overall the experience was rather informal, but not sure if this is typical.

Interview Question – Why Applied and not a Start-up?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Open and direct. Don't be afraid to ask.

Customer Engineer Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – Expect skills testing for electronics. Largely it is a behavioral interview. "tell me a time when...."

Interview Question – Expect anything. Answer honestly and to the best of your knowledge. Don't be afraid to say you do not know.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2014.

Interview Details – Called for on-site interview, and got interviewed by five managers/directors. Asked questions on my phd research, very random and broad. Also some questions on CVD, etching. No research presentation required.

Interview Question – Why using copper as substrate for CVD graphene?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance Director Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – I met with several people, each for 30-45 minutes. Very traditional approach. People were cordial and friendly.

Things move very slowly. No one at Applied is ever in a hurry to hire anyone.

Negotiation Details – Very slow process. Ask for more of everything going in because once you're in you're on a conveyor belt. Promotion? When it's your turn.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in July 2011.

Interview Details – 4 person panel interviewed separately. They made the offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Have you ever faced conflict with your team members while working on a project? And how did you got over it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Applied Materials in November 2010.

Interview Details – I have interviewed with 6 different managers. They were all for different position but under the same organization. All managers were looking for something particular. I was hired at a lower level position given my industry background. However, I was able to demonstrate my ability to learn quickly, be adaptable to different work environments, and willing to do whatever it take to get the job done.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer technical accounting questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with my offer and did not negotiate the salary.

Communications Interview

Communications

Interviewed at Applied Materials

Interview Details – First you have an initial interview and then you have to wait a few months to either get a job offer or decline. If you get a job offer, you will get it first e-mailed and then sent in the mail. The job offer contains all of these forms that you have to fill out upon accepting the job, additionally you will have to get a drug test. After all the paper work is filled out, you will be given a start date and will have to go to HR for overall training first thing that morning before reporting to your direct manager.

Interview Question – There are no specific questions I can think of but the whole point of the interview is to share as much experience and as many accomplishments as you may have.   Answer Question

Worker Interview

Interviewed at Applied Materials

Interview Details – Hairy but a good experience

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work here   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Mechanical Engineer II
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the campus by both engineers and their supervisors. I described my research experience during my master's program and I also provided some design work from my master's research portfolio. I did research and coursework in the thermo sciences. This interview was for a design engineer position.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe my course work during my master's degree. I discussed my understanding of topics in CFD.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied with the salary range so no negotiation was necessary. I appreciated work at the company.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Mechanical Engineer I
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got called in for an in-person interview. Scheduled to have entire engineering staff of the hiring department to interview me but on the day of the interview it was only 3 people. One was the manager I would be working for. Another was a peer. Third was the director of engineering.

Interview consisted of going through my resume followed by some problem solving on the board.

Entire interview lasted just under two hours. Got called back two days later with offer for a contract position that turns full time in six months upon satisfactory performance.

Interview Question – You have a pin that fits perfectly in a block with a hole. Same material for both. Heat both items up. What happens to the pin?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applied Materials

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Applied Materials Videos

Applied Materials – Why Work for Us?

Applied Materials has over 13,000 employees in more than 90 locations and 20 countries. Our machines are in virtually every semiconductor, display and solar PV factory in the world. Every day, we help these… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials interview questions and advice. All 112 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees and interview candidates.