Applied Materials Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2014
135 interviews

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Process took 20 days after application. The contact was first through phone screening process and then a phone interview to see if you match their position/group. Then a call and an email to confirm a meeting time that requires a 30 minute presentation, and 30 minute interview with 5 people all at once.

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applied Materials in January 2014.

Group interview followed with one on one interviews. Gave a presentation and answered questions. It was about my current research. Everyone is very friendly and smart. Questions to the point. They also briefly introduced their group and research, and ask me if I have any question.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2012.

Question regarding my academic background, explain my achievement, technical questions.
    Why did you apply this job?
    What is your status since I am OPT.
    How much do you know about etching and lithography?

Since, I have professional degree, so it is not hard to answer these things.
    Mostly, they show what skillset I have, what equipment I handled before, what background I have.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in August 2011.

1. Resume submission: though the employee referral
    2. Phone interview: the first interview with the team member
    3. In-house interview with 2 interviewers: had back to back interviews with the hiring manager and another controller
    4. A few weeks after the interview, the Company's recruiter reached out to me and got me an offer
    5. Negotiation is done with the Company'r recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you move from one good company to this company?   Answer Question

CE Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Applied Materials in August 2013.

They asked a lot of tech questions, and personal questions. They really wanted to get to know me they wanted to figure out what group I would fit in best with. I three hours talking with ten different people. Some was group some was one on one.

Process Engineer III Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in June 2014.

Director of the group called me and asked technical questions based on my resume.
    I got another call after a week and wanted me for an on-site interview within 3-4 days.
    Staffs were courteous. The asked very general questions.
    Explain in brief your PhD research.
    Did you ever have any difficulty and if any, how you solved.
    There was no technical questions except how AFM and SEM works.

Two weeks later got an email requiring to send background consent form and two weeks later I got the offer.

I had a window to negotiate when the HR said that negotiating will delay the current offer. I did not try anymore as I am bad at that.

Finance Analyst Interview

There were 5 interviews and people were friendly. Didn't get the initial position but was then recruited for an alternate position. Overall interview process and questions were average. Recruiters called back quickly

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Applied online, hiring manager called me a week later. Had a casual interview with a potential peer at a coffee shop. Then brought in for a formal interview. Met with several account managers one at a time and finally the hiring manager. I was told to expect a phone call from HR the following week. Up until that point, I did not have any contact with HR at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too technical. Asked mostly about my previous experience in the industry; how I've dealt with customers in the difficult situations.   Answer Question
    They offered the salary I requested. In addition, they gave a 6% signing bonus.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interviewed one afternoon had job offer by 9am next morning. Contrary to this I was interviewing for another position with AMAT for over 3 months and they could not make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would I be able to make a difference?   View Answer
    As we walked towards the lobby I was asked what I would be looking for.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Applied for the position through linkedin and got a call from the Sr.engineer about 5 months later. I ask him what the position is about and he actually laughed at me for not remembering 10 lines of job description. Nevertheless, I went for an interview next day. It lasted about 30 minutes. 4 guys casually asking general questions, with one guy walking in even more casually in between the interview and asking a technical question, for which I gave the correct answer.He gives me a sarcastic smile and walks out.
    The questions were mostly "can you do lab work ? "have you handled some particular xx tool earlier " etc which were not even mentioned remotely in the job description. Basically, I think they copy pasted a template of job description for some other job and posted it. The lazy attitude of the people was quite evident in the interview. For technical questions, I answered some questions correctly and did not remember some answers and told them the same since I had very little time to prepare for it. I don't understand the concept of expecting people to know about the exact tools they use and have worked on the exact software they have. I told them I had experience working on similar tools and that i can learn quickly and they had a "whatever" expression. A disaster of an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 4 years from now ?   View Answer

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!