Applied Materials Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

Interview Questions

• 2 Written rounds : Technical objective questions, Programming round 1 Face to face Technical Interview : Technical questions on C++,data structures, Advanced Algorithm,Microprocessors & OS concepts. 1 Telephonic Interview : Current project explanation & related technical questions . IPC and Finite state machines related question. 1 HR interview : Why I am looking fro job, what si my long term goal . Why AMAT? Some background related question .   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a few members of the team. Pretty basic questions about resume and gave a good description of the position. Had a second interview with the manager of the team. More specific behavioral based questions.

Process Engineer III Interview

Interview

a full-day of interviews with ~10 managers and directors. Schedule was shifted quite a lot during the day as people seemed to suddenly get busy with their work. Generally nice and easy-going interviews but a few challenging questions asked about self-evaluation and fundamental device physics. Quite a few interviewers mentioned that the workload and pace is very high. 45 min presentation about my previous research during lunch time. People attended were genuinely interested in the topic and asked some thoughtful questions.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Portland, OR).

Interview

My experience with this interview process was very good. The interviewers were well prepared and also were currently working in the department I was examining. This allowed a free flow of information and ideas. A great interview! Initially, I was contact via telephone and conducted some phone interviews, this was followed up with a flight to the local office where I was interviewed both 1:1 and by a panel.

Interview Questions

• This is what our machine does, I understand you have experience working on this product type, please tell us what you would do in this given situation.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by someone in Applied Materaisl, resume screening by a recruiter, and then phone-interview scheduled within a week with a manager. But, no onsite interview invited. But, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your role as a TA in Microfabrication class? What did you use to wet-etch Al?   Answer Question

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Meet with 5 people including VP, direction and some senior engineers. Give the presentation first and then met with all people one by one. No particularly difficult questions. But It is very free and depends on people.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Mainly talking about myself, and asking questions about the job. Was quite formal, but very through. I went through adecco technical recruiting in downtown portland. The employment test was administered there, then I was called in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• To talk about myself and what I've done that could contribute to their company.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Onsite interview with 5 people, different stakeholders across HR. The time was about half an hour to 45 min with each interviewer. Each had a topic they wanted to explore.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had a range for the salary, not too much budging on the numbers

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

30 min phone interview, asked some typical questions such as research experience, why choose Applied Materials. On site interview 2 weeks later. That consisted of 8 one-on-one interviews, including a 45 min to 1 hour presentation about my current research. Questions from all those sessions were mostly technical, great discussions on why I chose to take a certain pathway, why my analysis technique revealed certain trends etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you confirm defect sites on the self assembled monolayer you deposited?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview, standard questions: tell me about yourself, and what do you think you can bring to Applied Materials. Then they said it would take about a week to get through all their interviews and make a decision. It took them 3 extra weeks and really put a strain on getting a plane ticket to come to a second interview. Even though I didn't get a second interview the process could have been quicker and actually notify if you make it or not without having to call them to check up.

Interview Questions

• How has your past experiences helped in your leadership ability.   Answer Question