Applied Materials

Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer I Interview

Buyer I

Interviewed at Applied Materials

Interview Details – The interviewer were very nice, but they were a little bit late for interview. The good thing was that they tried their best to make candidates to be comfortable with the interview. The only thing that was not nice of them was it took so long time to process, have not received the offer yet.

Interview Question – it was an easy interview, no worry   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer II Interview

Product Support Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – 2 interviews covering previous work experience during internships, senior year projects, why you're interested in this particular role, hands-on experience working on tools.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do this job when you have a Master's degree?   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – Received e-mail, and was set up with a phone interview. Interviewer was friendly and helpful. Overly technical interview questions were not involved. Interviewer was interested in my skills, interests and asked questions about my past work experience on my resume. Interviewer then asked about my skills, interests and asked questions about my past work experience on my resume.

Interview Question – What skills do you have that would be good for this position?
Do you have experience in this type of role?
Why would you like this position and why is it a good fit for yourself?
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – Only one onsite and asking a lot of technical questions

Interview Question – I didn't know it would be the only interview, so didn't prepare for technical questions   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – Internal relocation

Interview Question – Willing to work long hours?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and immediately spoke to recruiter over the phone. In person interviews were across 2 days. Interviewed with potential peers, manager, as well as one level further up the chain (VP). Interview styles were rather informal (no IQ tests or tricks), more focused on experience and what I could bring to the table. Overall the experience was rather informal, but not sure if this is typical.

Interview Question – Why Applied and not a Start-up?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Open and direct. Don't be afraid to ask.

Customer Engineer Interview

Customer Engineer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – Expect skills testing for electronics. Largely it is a behavioral interview. "tell me a time when...."

Interview Question – Expect anything. Answer honestly and to the best of your knowledge. Don't be afraid to say you do not know.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2014.

Interview Details – Called for on-site interview, and got interviewed by five managers/directors. Asked questions on my phd research, very random and broad. Also some questions on CVD, etching. No research presentation required.

Interview Question – Why using copper as substrate for CVD graphene?   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview Details – I met with several people, each for 30-45 minutes. Very traditional approach. People were cordial and friendly.

Things move very slowly. No one at Applied is ever in a hurry to hire anyone.

Negotiation Details – Very slow process. Ask for more of everything going in because once you're in you're on a conveyor belt. Promotion? When it's your turn.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in July 2011.

Interview Details – 4 person panel interviewed separately. They made the offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Have you ever faced conflict with your team members while working on a project? And how did you got over it?   Answer Question